• Sharena, Princess of Askr
    • Anna, Commander
    • Fjorm, Princess of Ice
    • Ryoma, Supreme Samurai
    • Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams
    • Robin, Fell Vessel
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Sebskitties said:

I'm supporting Ike in a heartbeat ♡♡...I hope he can survive those damn last hour multipliers.

Me too! But great to see so much Ike love here and elsewhere! He's super amazing. <3

Also, I must say, the text in the Ike pic in my sig is fitting right now. lol

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, FEH OCs are by far the minority here. Ike will destroy everyone again, where is Shanna when we need her? 

(Disclaimer: I like Ike as well and I hold nothing against his fans)

I apologize in advance if this just comes off as pointing out the obvious, but it really isn't that much of a shock given the OCs have only been around for little more than year at most while Ike...has been around for 13 years now and also has Smash on his resume. And even if he gained the bulk of his popularity due to Brawl, that game is now a decade old as of this year (at least in Japan and North America).  .........Oh god, Brawl is a decade old now. I ain't old. I ain't OLD!

Yeah, I'm not surprised Ike has so much support either after he triumphed in the CYL gauntlet and only really competes with Lyn for most popular FE character period.

There are just so many reasons people love this guy.

- He's well written, at least in PoR, and I think he has several amusing lines in RD as well.
- He's relatable, because he starts off simple as a commoner nobody as a newly-made mercenary by his dad who has to keep growing his skills in what he does. People can identify with this more than the lives of nobles and royals. And being of common birth, it's a breath of fresh air from all the other lords who are nobles/royals.
- He looks super cool, especially in RD imo, and I've seen many female fans say he's hot. And I think he's hot in RD myself!
- He's super strong and is a really good unit in both his games. He has two games as a main character too, so he has a lot of exposure to those who played both Tellius games or watched let's plays of both. Also, how cool is wielding a big two-handed sword with just ONE hand? And how cool is that Aether animation?
- He's fun to play in Smash!
- He has a few memes to his name too, namely due to his famous Smash line of "I fight for my friends!"
- And of course, he always fights for his friends!

I've watched a couple videos on Youtube explaining all this in more detail too and I totally agree with them. They pretty much outlined why I love him so much myself. Just search for videos on Ike and why people like him and they'll probably come up.

Of course, even he doesn't appeal to every single fan, but I bet some of those people that don't like him can at least see/understand why a lot of people do.

Edited by Anacybele

I do want anybody except for Ike to win, since Ike has had his turn, let someone else win. I want Ryoma to win, since he seems to get a lot of either dislike or just not caring on this server, which makes me sad, since he is one of, if not, my favorite character in the whole franchise

@Tybrosion I think many got into the FE franchise with the help of heroes like me, perhaps not here at SF where you guys chat about FE since ages. 

While FEHs story (and thus also the characters) is not very deep, I got to like at least the Askir trio quite a bit. 

So overall it's not a big surprise like you wrote, but I'm hoping at least one of the Askirs will survive the first round. One of the OCs will survive for sure, since they are five if you count Anna. 

@Anacybele Of course Ike is cool and if he wins, it will be well deserved. ;-)

@Poimagic Also Ryoma is cool, too bad he never came to me. 

Edited by mampfoid

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

but I'm hoping at least one of the Askirs will survive the first round.

It is physically impossible for both Alfonse and Sharena to lose in the first round.

Unless there's somehow a perfect tie between them. I wonder what they'd do if that ever happens.

I have no idea where to go for this one, having no particular attachment to, or dislike for, any of them. Maybe I’ll just roll an 8-sided die...or something similar, since I don’t think I actually have an 8-sided die.

2 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I have no idea where to go for this one, having no particular attachment to, or dislike for, any of them. Maybe I’ll just roll an 8-sided die...or something similar, since I don’t think I actually have an 8-sided die.

Join whatever team opposes Ike each round and ride all the multipliers to easy feathers

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It is physically impossible for both Alfonse and Sharena to lose in the first round.

Unless there's somehow a perfect tie between them. I wonder what they'd do if that ever happens.

Are Ryoma and Gunnthrá this unpopular? 

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Are Ryoma and Gunnthrá this unpopular? 

... Alfonse and Sharena are versing each other first round , I don't see what either of them have to do with Ryoma and Guunthra

Edited by Mackc2

24 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Join me and Sharena! She would appreciate seeing your Caeda again :3
I think I’m going to field Celica as my representative this time. It wouldn’t be reasonable or sensible to keep Sharena.

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I apologize in advance if this just comes off as pointing out the obvious, but it really isn't that much of a shock given the OCs have only been around for little more than year at most while Ike...has been around for 13 years now and also has Smash on his resume. And even if he gained the bulk of his popularity due to Brawl, that game is now a decade old as of this year (at least in Japan and North America).  .........Oh god, Brawl is a decade old now. I ain't old. I ain't OLD!

Out of the box: L.Ike is/was a free unit just like Fjorm and the Askar trio. But in comparison to them he has the better skill kit with a built in distant counter weapon and a stance breath + special Aether + the Askar trio needs investments in terms of feathers to make them viable via upgrading and skill inheritance.

So yeah half of the Ike votes definitly dont have to do with his popularity, but because he was free and needs little to no investment to be decent.

3 hours ago, Hilda said:

So yeah half of the Ike votes definitly dont have to do with his popularity, but because he was free and needs little to no investment to be decent.

I don't know about HALF, but I would agree that some of them are due to this. But you still can't deny this guy's popularity. :P

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Of course Ike is cool and if he wins, it will be well deserved. ;-)

Oh yeah. ^^

No disrespect to Ike, but he's the only one I'm rooting against, purely cause he's already won before.

Though considering how both Ike & Ryoma had a bit of a tier rivalry in the early game, it'd make for a great match up between them

9 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I do want anybody except for Ike to win, since Ike has had his turn, let someone else win. I want Ryoma to win, since he seems to get a lot of either dislike or just not caring on this server, which makes me sad, since he is one of, if not, my favorite character in the whole franchise

I guess I'm just sick of the 'powerful super smart and dedicated to god and country' character in FE.  My theory is that you like the FE archetype characters the most in the first game you play, and you progressively like them less as you play more games in the series.  This is why Lyn and Hector are so popular, because they were in the first game that many Fire Emblem fans played.  Ryoma's game was the sixth one in the franchise that I played so I've lost interest. 

I'm going for female Grima.  I lucked out and got a +Atk one so I can run a Heavy Blade/Sol set on a dragon team.  She's arguably as good a tank as Myrrh or Tiki with that setup & buffs.  #FemaleGrimaMostUnderrated

1 minute ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

This is why Lyn and Hector are so popular, because they were in the first game that many Fire Emblem fans played.

Then where's Eliwood's popularity? His son is loved waaaay more than he is. And FE7 is effectively mainly Eliwood's game. Lyn is just "there" after her tutorial and Hector also takes a bit of a backseat to Eliwood until you unlock Hector mode.

FE7 being the first game to release in the west is a part of why people like it, but it's not the only reason at all. xP

16 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Me too! But great to see so much Ike love here and elsewhere! He's super amazing. <3

He really is bae ♡...after Soren's soul crushing defeat I hope the multipliers stay away from Ike. T-T

3 minutes ago, Sebskitties said:

He really is bae ♡...after Soren's soul crushing defeat I hope the multipliers stay away from Ike. T-T

...More like Ryoma's crushing defeat to Soren, not the other way around, at least for me. xP (though at least the next time Ryoma was in a gauntlet, he beat his younger brother) I hope after that, yeah, the multiplier upsetting stays away from Ike...unless he somehow is the one doing the upsetting.

Edited by Anacybele