• Sharena, Princess of Askr
    • Anna, Commander
    • Fjorm, Princess of Ice
    • Ryoma, Supreme Samurai
    • Gunnthrá, Voice of Dreams
    • Robin, Fell Vessel
    • Ike, Vanguard Legend

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then where's Eliwood's popularity? His son is loved waaaay more than he is. And FE7 is effectively mainly Eliwood's game. Lyn is just "there" after her tutorial and Hector also takes a bit of a backseat to Eliwood until you unlock Hector mode.

FE7 being the first game to release in the west is a part of why people like it, but it's not the only reason at all. xP

Elwood's kind of boring I guess, although everyone loves the EliwoodxNinian pairing.  Hector has my favorite personality in FE (Matthew & Cowmilla being runner-ups), and Lyn has those thighs lmfao.  This is Thigh Emblem, after all.

@Nowi's Husband Very impressive clear!  I've never seen the Light Breath/Distant Counter combo but it works really well.  Now I want to build Loli Tiki with the double Smoke setup.

@mampfoid I love watching your one-turn clears!  Keep up the good work.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...More like Ryoma's crushing defeat to Soren, not the other way around, at least for me. xP (though at least the next time Ryoma was in a gauntlet, he beat his younger brother) I hope after that, yeah, the multiplier upsetting stays away from Ike...unless he somehow is the one doing the upsetting.

Aww....you're an Ike fan and against Soren!? Ike will be upset. Ahaha.

16 minutes ago, Motendra said:

That reminds me, @Anacybele how's it feel that two of your fav fighters could potentially duke it out in the 2nd round?

Yeah, that stings a bit. I'd rather see them both in the final so I'm happy no matter who wins! xP But if It's Ike vs Ryoma in round 2, well, may the best swordsman win! I'll happily join Ryoma if he were to win too. I do have him now anyway. ^^

15 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Elwood's kind of boring I guess, although everyone loves the EliwoodxNinian pairing.

True. Though I kinda like Eliwood and don't care for Ninian, so I'm pretty indifferent to that pairing personally. But a lot of people do like them together, and I can see the appeal.

11 minutes ago, Sebskitties said:

Aww....you're an Ike fan and against Soren!? Ike will be upset. Ahaha.

I would've liked Soren, but I think they took his dickishness too far. I like how his backstory was done and stuff, but...he just kinda annoyed me at times with his treatment of others not named Ike. His fans annoy me sometimes too because they tend to also be Ike x Soren fanboys and I've run into way too many fanboys that insist that pairing is canon and any others are wrong. Just...let Ike x Elincia, Ike x Mia, and Ike x Lethe fans ship and enjoy them in peace...really... You seem like a good fan though, so nothing against you personally. This was just my experience with some others in the past.

But yeah, sorry to Ike that I can't stand his best bud sometimes... But hey, I don't really HATE him or anything. No, the characters I hate are really only Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla. And sorta Mia too.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I would've liked Soren, but I think they took his dickishness too far. I like how his backstory was done and stuff, but...he just kinda annoyed me at times with his treatment of others not named Ike. His fans annoy me sometimes too because they tend to also be Ike x Soren fanboys and I've run into way too many fanboys that insist that pairing is canon and any others are wrong. Just...let Ike x Elincia, Ike x Mia, and Ike x Lethe fans ship and enjoy them in peace...really... You seem like a good fan though, so nothing against you personally. This was just my experience with some others in the past.

But yeah, sorry to Ike that I can't stand his best bud sometimes... But hey, I don't really HATE him or anything. No, the characters I hate are really only Lucina, Tharja, and Camilla. And sorta Mia too.

Oh...It was meant as a Joke actually, let's not take it seriously. Ahaha, I glad to know your reasoning though. ♡

44 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Then where's Eliwood's popularity? His son is loved waaaay more than he is. And FE7 is effectively mainly Eliwood's game. Lyn is just "there" after her tutorial and Hector also takes a bit of a backseat to Eliwood until you unlock Hector mode.

FE7 being the first game to release in the west is a part of why people like it, but it's not the only reason at all. xP

Eliwood has three glaring problems:

1. Lyn shows up first in the game, and first impressions matter. You spend your first 11 chapters of the game getting to know who she is and why you should care.
  2. Eliwood came off as a knock-off Roy back when Marth and Roy were the only Fire Emblem characters most gamers were familiar with at the time.
  3. Eliwood as a unit is rather unremarkable compared to Lyn and Hector (especially if you got his Spd stat screwed over, letting him be doubled by the dragon because Durandal is so god-awfully heavy). It also doesn't help that on a player's first play-through of the game, Eliwood is likely the last of the three lords to promote due to his scripted promotion coming after the player has obtained the two Heaven Seals.

17 minutes ago, Sebskitties said:

Oh...It was meant as a Joke actually, let's not take it seriously. Ahaha, I glad to know your reasoning though. ♡

Oh, okay, my bad. I don't often see when people are joking or being sarcastic on the internet... It's hard enough with just text, and then I also just have trouble seeing those things in general too... xP

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

1. Lyn shows up first in the game, and first impressions matter. You spend your first 11 chapters of the game getting to know who she is and why you should care.
  2. Eliwood came off as a knock-off Roy back when Marth and Roy were the only Fire Emblem characters most gamers were familiar with at the time.
  3. Eliwood as a unit is rather unremarkable compared to Lyn and Hector (especially if you got his Spd stat screwed over, letting him be doubled by the dragon because Durandal is so god-awfully heavy). It also doesn't help that on a player's first play-through of the game, Eliwood is likely the last of the three lords to promote due to his scripted promotion coming after the player has obtained the two Heaven Seals.

Yeah, those are fair points. I don't think Lyn is that great of a unit either, but she's probably still better than Eliwood, yeah.

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think Lyn is that great of a unit either, but she's probably still better than Eliwood, yeah.

Lyn has a Spd stat that lets her double most units right off the bat and kill them in one round, which makes sense because you don't have an equivalent to Marcus to bail you out of sticky situations in Lyn's story.

Eliwood, on the other hand, has significant trouble killing enemies on his first chapter without help.

It's all about first impressions (and PTSD from getting doubled by the dragon).

Edited by Ice Dragon

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Lyn has a Spd stat that lets her double most units right off the bat and kill them in one round, which makes sense because you don't have an equivalent to Marcus to bail you out of sticky situations in Lyn's story.

Eliwood, on the other hand, has significant trouble killing enemies on his first chapter without help.

It's all about first impressions (and PTSD from getting doubled by the dragon).

If she's not str screwed maybe. My Lyns hardly ever got much str. But still mostly true.

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't think Lyn is that great of a unit either, but she's probably still better than Eliwood, yeah.

Lyn has a lot of trouble killing foes without effective damage and can barely take a hit in Hector hard mode. It's like she's made of paper. Relying on her to dodge attacks isn't that great of an idea in that difficulty. She's also going to take a lot of damage even if she kill a cavalier. She'll have much higher speed than a majority of the enemies you'll face in the game, but it's overkill since the enemies you'll face are mostly slow. Even Eliwood, who has average speed growths will have no trouble doubling enemies starting at midgame, but not the fastest ones. The enemies you face later in the game will start to wield heavier weapons like steel ones.

She'll stay a footlocked unit who gets access to bows upon promotion, which are horrible in FE7. They do double damage against fliers instead of triple, which was the norm of FE6, and when equipped the user can only battle foes who are two spaces away. Basically, you can only choose either 1 or 2 range to combat with Lyn, but not both. Eliwood gets a mount and has access to javelins right off the bat as well as weapon triangle control. Even if Lyn promotes she'll still stay a liability and Eliwood will remain a liability since you didn't promote him. Eliwood's promotion will make him a unit that has some of the best qualities that a unit can have: a mount, weapon triangle control and access to 1-2 range weapons. If you promote Lyn it's a lose-lose situation, but if it's Eliwood then it's a win-lose one. But don't get me wrong. Both are pretty bad units like you said, but Eliwood is the less worse one and has redeeming qualities upon promotion.

I'm not trying to sound condescending and if I sound rude then I apologize for seeming like it.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Lyn has a lot of trouble killing foes without effective damage and can barely take a hit in Hector hard mode. It's like she's made of paper. Relying on her to dodge attacks isn't that great of an idea in that difficulty. She's also going to take a lot of damage even if she kill a cavalier. She'll have much higher speed than a majority of the enemies you'll face in the game, but it's overkill since the enemies you'll face are mostly slow. Even Eliwood, who has average speed growths will have no trouble doubling enemies starting at midgame, but not the fastest ones. The enemies you face later in the game will start to wield heavier weapons like steel ones.

She'll stay a footlocked unit who gets access to bows upon promotion, which are horrible in FE7. They do double damage against fliers instead of triple, which was the norm of FE6, and when equipped the user can only battle foes who are two spaces away. Basically, you can only choose either 1 or 2 range to combat with Lyn, but not both. Eliwood gets a mount and has access to javelins right off the bat as well as weapon triangle control. Even if Lyn promotes she'll still stay a liability and Eliwood will remain a liability since you didn't promote him. Eliwood's promotion will make him a unit that has some of the best qualities that a unit can have: a mount, weapon triangle control and access to 1-2 range weapons. If you promote Lyn it's a lose-lose situation, but if it's Eliwood then it's a win-lose one. But don't get me wrong. Both are pretty bad units like you said, but Eliwood is the less worse one and has redeeming qualities upon promotion.

I'm not trying to sound condescending and if I sound rude then I apologize for seeming like it.

Nah, don't worry, what you say here makes sense enough to me. I've played FE7 a few times, but not enough to know a whole lot about what's good and what isn't. I just really know that Sain is great because I used him all the time because he's my fav in that game. lol At least, he was always way better than Kent for me. One time I even had a Sain with 26 Str at lv. 4 or 5 Paladin while at a similar level, Kent had just...14 Str. lol

Anyway, here's what my buddies on Team Ike will be getting as their ally from me sometimes! I hope his tanking helps a lot. ^^

LERTpnd.png

Anybody else on Team Ike want to add each other so you can get him and I can get your lovely units?

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, don't worry, what you say here makes sense enough to me. I've played FE7 a few times, but not enough to know a whole lot about what's good and what isn't. I just really know that Sain is great because I used him all the time because he's my fav in that game. lol At least, he was always way better than Kent for me. One time I even had a Sain with 26 Str at lv. 4 or 5 Paladin while at a similar level, Kent had just...14 Str. lol

Anyway, here's what my buddies on Team Ike will be getting as their ally from me sometimes! I hope his tanking helps a lot. ^^

LERTpnd.png

Anybody else on Team Ike want to add each other so you can get him and I can get your lovely units?

52 Def?!!?!

2 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

52 Def?!!?!

And 58 on enemy phase, yup. Ultimate tank on a horse!

Though don't forget that the Summoner support doesn't apply when friends get to borrow him, so just take 2 off all his stats and you'll have what you'd be seeing should you get him.

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@Anacybele No probs

Have you considered making another +10 Frederick? I saw someone make an entire team of him using several different builds

I have, but there always seems to be other units I want to 5 star or give merges to (for example, I want to +10 male Morgan as well to go with Freddy since I always make Freddy his dad), so I don't think I'll do that. But wow, sounds like someone loves him as much as I do, maybe more. XD

@silveraura25

Pretty much none of the things you mentioned actually matter in terms of first impressions, though.

By the time someone even gets a chance to start Hector Hard Mode, they'd have already played through the whole game a minimum of twice and would probably have had their favorite characters figured out long ago.

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

@Anacybele No probs

Have you considered making another +10 Frederick? I saw someone make an entire team of him using several different builds

I have encountered a Team of 4x +10 Grimas (M), i was first scared but then i realized that Caeda eats him for breakfast, digests him during lunch time and defecates him later in the afternoon.

@Zelgius @Rezzy Yayy! all of us can be in the same team again. It's been a while. A little strange that this time Rezzy pick the bigger team instead of smaller team.

I hope my Shiro will serve you guys well this time too. 

Edited by Ginko

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

2. Eliwood is a knock-off Marth and Roy.

Corrected. Personality and appearance alike, he is basically them save for the subtlest of notes. And is also basically Seliph and Alm too.

And bases!:

Name Class Lv HP Str Skl   Spd Lck Def Res  
Marth Lord 1 18 5 3   7 7 7 0  
Name Class Lv HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res        
Roy Lord 1 18 5 5 7 7 5 0    
Name Class Lv HP S/M Skl Spd Lck Def Res        
Eliwood Lord 1 18 5 5 7 7 5 0

Although to be fair on this matter:

Name Class Lv HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res      
Ike Ranger 1 19 5 1 6 7 6 5 0

And Chrom is also basically the same, just with a bit of Awakening stat inflation added in.

Name Class Lv HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res        
Chrom Lord 1 20 7 1 8 8 5 7 1

And as always I sit on the sidelines, for the time being. Although since I loathe Awakening Anna, here is to her sister hopefully losing.

13 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@silveraura25

Pretty much none of the things you mentioned actually matter in terms of first impressions, though.

By the time someone even gets a chance to start Hector Hard Mode, they'd have already played through the whole game a minimum of twice and would probably have had their favorite characters figured out long ago.

I replied to Ana's comment about Lyn being better than Eliwood, since the way it was phrased sounded like "Lyn is better than Eliwood", which would apply to Hector hard mode. I didn't quote her for who is better based on first impression. My bad if I misunderstood her

13 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Join me and Sharena! She would appreciate seeing your Caeda again :3
I think I’m going to field Celica as my representative this time. It wouldn’t be reasonable or sensible to keep Sharena.

Well, I can hardly say no to being recruited. Hopefully I can remember to switch Caeda’s C Passive to something not Flier-based before it starts.