Aether Raids General Thread

redlight

2 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I run him, but the problem is virtually every team I face is made up of glass cannon ranged units or Surtr, so he never finds any porridge that's just right.

Signed, he barely fits well in the AR meta which is made of glass cannons.

I rather try coming up with a fast unit who has less attack and has enough speed to double most with flashing blade. As for Surtr and Armors I deal with them in another way, if the glass cannon mages are out the rest can be done. 

And those mages are the reason I like galeforce, not armors. 

Edited by Stroud

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Garlyle said:

I am amazed how far you got. From my friend list you are now 2nd best, but I used to see you a few points behind me. Did you lose points in defense at all?

I'm pretty content myself so far this week. In contrast to the other weeks I lost only two matches (which I could repeat thanks to the ladder). 

On my FL I'm 5th, with some of them pretty far ahead (9k lift). 

On Defense I lost every day like usual, only my first match got me a kill. Do you actually get wins on defense? 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I'm pretty content myself so far this week. In contrast to the other weeks I lost only two matches (which I could repeat thanks to the ladder). 

On my FL I'm 5th, with some of them pretty far ahead (9k lift). 

On Defense I lost every day like usual, only my first match got me a kill. Do you actually get wins on defense? 

For me if I don't lose 80 per day, it counts as a success. But by game logic, I only had 1 successful the whole week, and I already lost 220 lift by raids.

Whenever I calculate the points for next Tier, I always calculate with maximum defense loss.

2 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

For me if I don't lose 80 per day, it counts as a success. But by game logic, I only had 1 successful the whole week, and I already lost 220 lift by raids.

Whenever I calculate the points for next Tier, I always calculate with maximum defense loss.

Exactly the same for me, but I just got my second kill for this week, losing 280 lift over the week. Also I didn't get a real defense win for weeks. 

(People tend to forget about Future Vision and get their Eirs too near my Lucina. )

I'll have to rethink my defense map now that I have 6 units.

It's hard to fit them all the way I was with 5 units and every other way I feel like I'm exposing someone too much. Maybe I'll switch out of horsies (right now only Rein and Ares, but maybe swiching for infantry/flying would be best).

6 hours ago, Baldrick said:

I run him, but the problem is virtually every team I face is made up of glass cannon ranged units or Surtr, so he never finds any porridge that's just right.

Ephraim is definitely an 'pocket' option that you bring in when you need to---he's there to cover lineups your main team has problems with, rather than being there to cover as many lineups as possible. Even if we ignore the inconsistency of Galeforce (like I always say, there's a reason Cordelia is my most invested unit---she has to jump through the most hoops every match), the fact that he's Legendary means that bringing him loses you 20 lift on the spot (since you can't bless him).

9 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Did Ephraim have any merges? He is really a great GF unit it seems, never got one myself. 

He had like 2-3 merges.

@mampfoid Way to go this week!  I'm at 7,980 myself, going at a steady 2 battle/day pace (I actually could battle again now, but I don't feel like it).  It looks like I won't need to bless Laevatein; as long as I get 220 + 320 (defense insurance; probably only need 240 instead of 320) = 540 points the next three days over six battles, I'll likely join you in T19!  I still have one use of the Escape Ladder available if I need it.  More blessings would be nice from Blessed Gardens.

@Garlyle Well done!  With your place in T18 nearly secured, you can likely relax next season.  It's very difficult to get to T19 when it's not light season, as I can attest to, without a relatively decent defense team and a perfect offense.  It can be done, though!

@Baldrick What's your current score right now?  What are you scoring on average each offense?

God a defense match right after I did my battles for today, -80. Then within an hour I got 2 more defenses, 1 full success and 1 with 2 kills. BOTH were rematches from the people I'd just beaten either this morning or yesterday.

I'm kinda salty I got smacked for -80 when 2 good ones came immediately after, but it was kind of satisfying to see those rematches, at least. I'd even gotten a 4 kill failure last night, but I guess the 20 hours timer hadn't quite ended yet..

I just had a similar situation in reverse. Someone attacked me and lost two units in winning, but the match came too soon, so it counted as a -0. Right after that, I got hit by a full -80 loss that did count. RIP.

Also, I know she's been discussed a bunch in the past, but I want to reiterate, for anyone waffling on who to give Light Blessings to, that Aversa is a great choice. Just one blessing, an HP+5 seal and the +4 HP from her default A slot lets her hit a lot of things. Mine's a +0 and with triple Eir, she hits 66 HP, which debuffs pretty much everything (it's also gross overkill—59 is probably where the usefulness truly caps out unless you're a madman aiming to debuff opposing Surtrs). She ruined both opposing defense teams that I fought today, one of which decided it would be a good idea to field full cav buffs. The other was a six-man defense team with two refreshers. Yes, I had a blessed Surtr, but he took so little damage (Hrid was doing 3... and Special Spiral Ophelia blasted him for 0) that a mixed tank with a bit less bulk (say around 6-8 less Def and Res) could have done the job nearly as well.

Hmm, maybe I should also pic Aversa for light blessing..
Well so far I think I will reach T19. I had 2 def wins this week and all offensive rounds have been one. But I am still a bit nervous. Can't mess up the next days...I am at 7,920 lift now and have 6-7 offensive rounds left. and 3 def losses I could get.

Made a new Def setting which also worked instantly. I think the opponent was a bit confused about my setup. Because it is pretty straight forward. 

Edited by Stroud

@Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi Damn, so we share the burden of erratic defense timing then.

And I definitely agree on Aversa as the next best blessing pick. First I did my Camilla then my B Ninian, since they're both on every team I make. I don't put Aversa on every single team, but she'll still be the best candidate since she benefits so much from the +5 hp too. She'll be able to debuff bonus stat Hrids and such that otherwise can be a bit problematic for me. (L Ephraim was the same last week, since even Camilla didn't want to bait one with both bonus stats and buffs)

Per the update board, the 3.1.0 update will finally allow us to upgrade the Aether Fountain to Level 3 (70 aether/day).  The catapult can also be upgraded to Level 4 at that time.

The season starting on January 7 at 7 AM GMT will be an eight-day season, with all future seasons starting at the same time as Arena/AA.  For me, this will be a golden opportunity to get to T20, since I'll likely get to T19 by this season's end and I'll coast next week.

Legendary Heroes can now receive stat boots from Mythic Heroes in AR, and vice versa elsewhere.  (No effect on Blessed Gardens.)

Edited by DarkAlf

16 hours ago, Stroud said:

I rather try coming up with a fast unit who has less attack and has enough speed to double most with flashing blade. As for Surtr and Armors I deal with them in another way, if the glass cannon mages are out the rest can be done.

11 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Ephraim is definitely an 'pocket' option that you bring in when you need to---he's there to cover lineups your main team has problems with, rather than being there to cover as many lineups as possible. Even if we ignore the inconsistency of Galeforce (like I always say, there's a reason Cordelia is my most invested unit---she has to jump through the most hoops every match), the fact that he's Legendary means that bringing him loses you 20 lift on the spot (since you can't bless him).

Yeah, I have Caeda in the same team who puts in much more work, the only reason I still use him is because he's a bonus unit and I don't have enough blessings to replace him anyway.

10 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

@Baldrick What's your current score right now?  What are you scoring on average each offense?

7530. I only have one Eir for a 110 team and 120 team, and the latter is my B-team because I couldn't bless anyone in my A-team. I lose unit(s) almost every time I use the B-team so I probably wouldn't promote even if I still wanted to.

I decided to put the new blessing on my Aversa. It was between her, Female Robin, and Camilla. All of them would appreciate the additional res and HP, but I had to give my Aversa TA3 (for Surtr) so her ploy capacity dropped.

If Micaiah or Yune was a dark mythic unit in January I'd be tempted to try and get a copy. It would be cool if it was Yune but I think something like a Matrona Micaiah is more likely for popularity reasons.

damn... only 1 round I lost after ladder and that punished me hard. I lost the chance of an additional round AND Lift. I am at 8,080 Lift. Still can lose 3 times on defense. And only win 3 times on offensive...
With that I need to win 3 times with 120+ lift to be save...
Worse thing is that I could have prevented that def loss.. But I got beaten by my own structue again, because it triggered desperation.. Sometimes I think its better to fight without certain structures, if you are not careful about them.. 

Well, I see what will happen the next days. But should I not get into T19 I will relax next week a bit and try some things.

Edited by Stroud

1 hour ago, Rinco said:

Any idea how much the upgrade on the Aether Fountain should cost? I'll probably put it in front of Defense Fort on my upgrade list.

I don't think we know yet, but the amphorae was 100 dew for level 2 and 300 for level 3, so the fountain may be similar to that. Especially since it only increases the aether restoration by 10 each level (up to 70 max).

7 hours ago, Baldrick said:

7530. I only have one Eir for a 110 team and 120 team, and the latter is my B-team because I couldn't bless anyone in my A-team. I lose unit(s) almost every time I use the B-team so I probably wouldn't promote even if I still wanted to.

Eek - I'm sorry to hear that...  There is an 8-day season coming after next season, so that'll be a golden opportunity to try for T19 then.  Good luck!

1 hour ago, Stroud said:

damn... only 1 round I lost after ladder and that punished me hard. I lost the chance of an additional round AND Lift. I am at 8,080 Lift. Still can lose 3 times on defense. And only win 3 times on offensive...
With that I need to win 3 times with 120+ lift to be save...
Worse thing is that I could have prevented that def loss.. But I got beaten by my own structue again, because it triggered desperation.. Sometimes I think its better to fight without certain structures, if you are not careful about them.. 

Well, I see what will happen the next days. But should I not get into T19 I will relax next week a bit and try some things.

Ouch....  My condolences.  I hope you make it to T19!

1 hour ago, DarkAlf said:

Ouch....  My condolences.  I hope you make it to T19!

Thanks, for the good site. I still have a chance. I just have to give it my all tomorrow. And I don't need to care about aetherpots.
At least I see what a feat it was for some to get to T19 without Lift Bonus. 

20 hours ago, Alkaid said:

God a defense match right after I did my battles for today, -80. Then within an hour I got 2 more defenses, 1 full success and 1 with 2 kills. BOTH were rematches from the people I'd just beaten either this morning or yesterday.

Good job, keep at it. You got this.

On 27.12.2018 at 11:18 AM, mampfoid said:

Hope we'll get blessed gardens for the new elements soon. I also hesitate to give blessings to bonus units, they are still too rare. 

Really? Wouldn't that mean 12 more fully blessed teams? I was actually relieved that the new elements are different and don't need as many units.

On 27.12.2018 at 2:13 PM, Baldrick said:

I was wondering whether I should aim for Tier 19 or just maintain Tier 18, and recent developments have made this choice a lot easier.

Why wouldn't you aim for 19? Unless you need a really high investment to get the remaining score for this week.

20 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Aw, that's so unlucky. But good job getting a full success, I didn't get one in a really long time.

14 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

Legendary Heroes can now receive stat boots from Mythic Heroes in AR, and vice versa elsewhere. 

That's really nice. Grima will be back in earth season. Also if I read it right, I could just use a dark mythic together with some legendary heroes of the current season to get free blessed units, so no defensive blessings and can't do any worse than my current failure of a defense team.

2 hours ago, DarkAlf said:

There is an 8-day season coming after next season, so that'll be a golden opportunity

And it even has Eir as a bonus unit. That seems like the perfect setup to make tier 21, which means I'm certain to fail either then or before that.

Edited by Azuris

7 minutes ago, Azuris said:

Really? Wouldn't that mean 12 more fully blessed teams? I was actually relieved that the new elements are different and don't need as many units.

In the beginning it would mean 4 teams, it took a while until we got multi-map gardens for the other elements. 

10 minutes ago, Azuris said:

That's really nice. Grima will be back in earth season. Also if I read it right, I could just use a dark mythic together with some legendary heroes of the current season to get free blessed units, so no defensive blessings and can't do any worse than my current failure of a defense team.

I'm so pumped for this. I also just pulled a second Eir, but even without her, there are a lot of things making the week after next a perfect chance to get to T21. Since the update is the same day as the season start and also includes the Aether Fountain upgrade, T21 can be reached with +30 score even if you have -80 Lift loss on Defense every day.