New Heroes Approach : Beyond Darkness (March 7 ~) SPOILERS: DATAMINE

Coolmanio

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's nice of Thea to sneak into the banner. And Idunn has good art and is barefoot for some reason, yay! I wonder who voices her. I'm not surprised by her being summonable or armored either; I know your ways by now, IS.

4 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

think Gustav will be the Green Mythic coming up?

Personally I think we'll get him in a banner at the end of Book 3 with Líf and Thrasir, like with the Múspell units.

Edited by Lightchao42

I'm both surprised that Thea is on this banner and that she managed to not get leaked. I would've much preferred Miledy on the banner, but Thea's also cool I suppose.

I think I'll try to free summon on green for Lugh or Sue. After that I think I'll go back to saving up for Jill and Patty. Not a bad banner though for what it's worth.

2 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

think Gustav will be the Green Mythic coming up?

Nah... I dont' think so. He will probably be a enemy unit for now, and maybe be released in a banner, just like Surtr.

But having him as a "fallen" unit could mean that others OG characters that died can return too, like Surtr or Gunnthrá.

Banner is an extremely easy skip; it's a lot of whalebait.

Thea: she's practically guaranteed to be demoted after the banner; very saturated unit type
Lugh: how is he going to compete against his own mother?
Sue: due to her being a colored unit, she's a downgrade from Brave Lyn (who is free-to-be-picked)
Idunn: being colored, armored, and dragon does not a good tank make

Rutger: most saturated unit type

Thea was the missing character? CYL Popularity rankings please! I guess family reunification played a role. But I'm sure this won't do anything for Juno. She without knowledge of the popularity thing, seems to be the odd one out. Why not someone else?

Nice to see Lugh is also drawn by Yuji Himukai. Outside of some real fanservicey stuff, I like their style. It's bright and cheery and for Etrian Odyssey it serves as a wonderful contrast to the nailbitingly hard dungeon crawling you do. Given FE6's original official artwork leaned towards bold colors and featured a roster unusually heavy with kids, I think this aesthetic suits Lugh, Raigh, and Fae. I'd like to seem them try other characters who aren't kids too, since there is good stuff there in EO as well.

So Sue is a Green Bow, not Colorless? Darn. I mean I want Lugh and Sue, but I'm afraid with the overlap I'll just get overloaded with the one and none of the other.

4 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I expected he'd be a TT reward but it looks like there isn't one this time.

I thought the idea now was Seasonals get TTs and New Heroes get FBs? Running both at once is too much grind, and outside of FBs, new characters getting character development/spotlight is rare. Seasonals don't have that issue, so they're fine for Seasonals.

Welp, my guess about a TT instead of GHB was wrong. I was predicting Thea would be the 5th if there was one, though I didn't expect Rutger to be the freebie.

Lugh or Thea demoting...second time in a row where the demote isn't obvious. Thea's skillset looks weaker, and if Kaden demotes then Lugh would make three green demotes in a row, so I'm guessing Thea.

I've said since the beginning of time that if a FE6 banner was released Sue would be in it 100% because everything was on her favor (Mounted archer class is OP and she's a girl so that puts her above Shin and Dayan in the priority list). That being said, she isn't as good as she could've been due to being colored but hey, that'll make her better to bait Reinhardt at the very least. I expect her to have ok-ish Atk, high Spd/Res and garbo Hp/Def. 

Lugh...yeah. He seems to have good Atk at the very least so yay?

Thea is 100% the demote, bad skills, crowed class, probably unimpressive stats. 

Idunn got me excited until I remembered my +Res H!Myrrh with whale-ish skills (DC, Steady Breath, etc, etc) so while I'd like to have her it'll have to wait until she pity breaks me sometime in the future. I expect Idunn to be in the 175 BST bin so Myrrh would end up being the better unit no matter what. 

Rutger. Considering IS is trying extremely hard to promote AR I think he'll have good stats and at least one coveted skill so people spend grails on him. He's a sword infantry, though and there's little to no reason to use him outside of favoritism. I hope he has Wrath or a Spd Wave skill, those would come in handy.

Overall the banner is an easy skip, although Idunn's art is tempting...

Edited by Alexmender

I liked how last year IntSys announced "Hey guys, we'll release a Binding Blade Banner in March!", and then this weak banner appears. For me, the only interesting unit is Idunn. I am skipping this banner. My free summon will probably be a green orb, or red if I don't get a green orb. I don't know... I expected something better... I don't know what, but something better.

If you are a fan of the characters, great! Good for you... but this banner isn't for me. And I can say the same for the GHB unit, Rutger. I hope he is at least is a good skill fodder.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Yup, this banner is still the easiest pass I've had to make in a good while especially now with the confirmation of Rutger being the freebie. I'm just going to give it one full pull and then promptly move on.

Aside from Rutger, at least I have the pleasure of putting a new challenger from the OC ranks (Gustav) into the ground or in his case, again to look forward to.

Edited by Tybrosion

People have been complaining about banners full of overpowered characters and when the opposite happens people still complain? People have been begging for those characters and when it happens people still complain? I don’t get it.

They couldn't put Hugh on the banner with Sue and Lugh? Disappointing.

They look pretty good, but there's nothing I really need there. Still, this banner is a good sign.

1 minute ago, Water Mage said:

People have been complaining about banners full of overpowered characters and when the opposite happens people still complain? People have been begging for those characters and when it happens people still complain? I don’t get it.

Wow it's almost like different people want different things 

I wasn’t really interested in this banner before the trailer and now I’m torn. On the one hand a red dragon (an armor effective one too!) would be perfect for balancing my Beast unit team and Idunn looks both powerful and gorgeous, but on the other hand...I really hate armor units.

I am really hoping Thea demotes (and really she looks like she will). I know it’s a saturated unit type but personally I have a whopping two lance fliers built (three if I ever get around to building a Catria) and her weapon would be a great addition to the four star pool.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Sadly it happens all the time.

For most people it's either "Ugh, these units are overpowered" or "Ugh, these units don't break the game". It's gotten to a point that I have no idea what the heck people want.

Heck, from what I can tell, this banner has some of the most requested Binding Blade characters and people are STILL complaining.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yup, this banner is still the easiest pass I've had to make in a good while especially now with the confirmation of Rutger being the freebie. I'm just going to give it one full pull and then promptly move on.

Aside from Rutger, at least I have the pleasure of putting a new challenger from the OC ranks (Gustav) into the ground or in his case, again to look forward to.

You really going to be that petty? You pick the strangest things to take satisfaction in.