New Heroes Approach : Beyond Darkness (March 7 ~) SPOILERS: DATAMINE

Coolmanio

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because English voice actors that aren't children are notoriously bad at convincingly voicing children.

Hire younger VAs?

EDIT: Roy's smash voice isn't bad at all. Just FEH decided it needed to be like 2 octaves lower.

EDIT 2: I take that back. Smash Ultimate is pretty meh. I don't remember melee being that deep. (Oh, JP only. Ugh.)

Edited by bottlegnomes

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Silas comes with Slaying Spear and is a 4-star pull.

I'd like it to deal with other red dragons as well though. Blue has no dragon effective weapon as far as I know.

6 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Hire younger VAs?

I mean, that requires you to find younger voice actors first.

1 minute ago, Opdepov said:

I'd like it to deal with other red dragons as well though. Blue has no dragon effective weapon as far as I know.

Divine Mist, Cloud Maiougi, and Splashy Bucket.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

PBS manages it.

4 minutes ago, Opdepov said:

One idea that just now came to mind is give Jagen Dragonpike or whatever it was called in those gamea as a new personal weapon. He has terrible attack, but his res is plenty good for the job.

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Because English voice actors that aren't children are notoriously bad at convincingly voicing children.

Depends on the actors. They could have gone for Kyle Mcarley(9s), Del rio(Pit/Percy) Yuri Lowenthal or what have you. There's been a couple of decent ones. 

I am sad to see not many people are happy with this banner, since I feel in my heart that if this banner does bad FE6 will never get another one:(  While I was praying for Elphin to get in, this banner is about who I thought would be on it.  I am going to spend my orbs on this banner to show support for FE6 since I was one of the people who wanted FE6 units in Heroes  I just get sad when I find out the likely hood of my favorites getting in are slim to none and players bad mouth banners for the games that my favs are from, making the odds even worse:(

Edited by EricaofRenais

I thought for sure I could skip any FE6 banners since I've never played or watched someone play it. Gameplay-wise, Idunn is perfect for me. I need a red armored dragon, especially since H!Myrrh never came to me, and I fight defensively. Seriously, the only things I might change are giving her Ignis and maybe DC, but otherwise, she's perfect. I have virtually no orbs, though. I'll free summon red every chance I get (i.e., tickets) but that'll have to be it. Also, Lugh is adorable. Thea looks a bit too much like Shanna, though, imho, not that that's the artist's fault.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Divine Mist, Cloud Maiougi, and Splashy Bucket.

Why do you know that from the top of your head? :P

19 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

One idea that just now came to mind is give Jagen Dragonpike or whatever it was called in those gamea as a new personal weapon. He has terrible attack, but his res is plenty good for the job.

I imagine Jagen will get a tactics weapon like Titania and Seth. 

I'd like to see inheritable dragon slaying weapons and/or tomes. And beastslayers while we're at it.

I am happy that we are getting some Summon TIckets. So I have 5 chances to get any unit. I hope Kaden become de demotion unit, since I am planning to summon on the green color for this banner. Maybe I could summon on the colorless orbs, but if Kaden gets demoted, I can try to get more some copies, as well some Reyson copies.

I kind of wish people that say they're not interested in units on a banner of a game they didn't play would just pick the older games and play them.  :)

They're great games.

Idunn is beautiful and looks to be an insane unit, and yet another dangerous red for Surtrs to struggle with (after Tibarn).

Other than that though, easy skip after first circle and tickets are used up (Red/Green Priority). Glad I finished FE6 before this banner drops, now I can say I appreciate the characters a lot more, and look forward to see if Rutger lives up to his FE6 usefulness.

I won't really be trying for anyone on this banner since I lost all my orbs trying to get another Morgan (and didn't get her, RIP). But I wouldn't mind getting any of them.

21 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I kind of wish people that say they're not interested in units on a banner of a game they didn't play would just pick the older games and play them.  :)

They're great games.

I don't doubt it. For me, specifically, I'm just low on time and don't do emulators. I'll likely get the Echoes version of it if they ever do that. I believe there was some sort of expressed interest in the project at one point. But yeah, time and money are tight.

55 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Hire younger VAs?

Yeah, but that could lead to an entirely different problem (see: Tails’s English voice in specifically Sonic Heroes).

17 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

They're great games.

Just so it’s on record, I have played FE6. It’s my second least favorite FE I’ve played after Shadow Dragon, with the other two GBA games (yes, including 7) not being too much higher.

6 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I don't doubt it. For me, specifically, I'm just low on time and don't do emulators. I'll likely get the Echoes version of it if they ever do that. I believe there was some sort of expressed interest in the project at one point. But yeah, time and money are tight.

At one point, I'm pretty sure 6 was the most requested localization because of Roy. Not sure if that still holds true, but since it seems like SoV got such a good reception, I don't doubt that the rest will show up in time.

@Tybrosion I'd rather that than all these kids who hit puberty at age 8.

Edited by bottlegnomes

7 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

I won't really be trying for anyone on this banner since I lost all my orbs trying to get another Morgan (and didn't get her, RIP). But I wouldn't mind getting any of them.

Yeah... me too. I wouldn't be pissed if I get pity broken by one of them in a future banner.

15 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

They're great games.

Yeah. The older games, like Binding Blade, are  great games. I still need to finish it. I started some time ago but I didn't finished because I needed to do something else and I don't like to return to this type of games months after I started and stopped. I would prefer to start from the beginning.

The only old game that I tried to play but didn't enjoyed was Genealogy of the Holy War. This one needs a Echoes treatment.

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

but since it seems like SoV got such a good reception, I don't doubt that the rest will show up in time.

It didn't sell very much though, which doesn't give IS much incentive to make new ones.

Echoes was a gift to the older fans but they might not do that a lot. 

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

It didn't sell very much though, which doesn't give IS much incentive to make new ones.

You do realize just because Echoes didn't sell as much as the other 3DS games doesn't mean it bombed right? Heck, IS even said that it sold above their expectations. I can definitely see us getting more remakes of older games in the future because of this.

I didn't say it bombed, just that it didn't sell much.

Glad it sold above their expectations but if they do decide to make a new one, it's going to be another gift to the fans before it is a project to make money.

I would love Genealogy+Thracia but Binding Blade seems like a more realistic project. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Can't you use females for voicing prepubescent boys? I mean he is ~13, so pubescent, but that is only a number, he looks more prepubescent, his voice probably hasn't broken yet.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Can't you use females for voicing prepubescent boys? I mean he is ~13, so pubescent, but that is only a number, he looks more prepubescent, his voice probably hasn't broken yet.

Female English voice actors have a tendency to sound both distinctively female and not young enough.

45 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

38 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I didn't say it bombed, just that it didn't sell much.

Glad it sold above their expectations but if they do decide to make a new one, it's going to be another gift to the fans before it is a project to make money.

I would love Genealogy+Thracia, but Binding Blade seems like a more realistic project. 

The number might be not be as big as Awakening or Fates, but you're misunderstanding something. They made a set number of copies of Echoes and they sold most if not all copies. The results coincided with projections. Might just be me, but I feel that Echoes didn't need much thought put into making meaning that not much resources/money was put into it. There were new ideas, but a lot of the concepts, characters, maps, etc. were based upon on already existing game. All they needed to was just put some meat on the skeleton.

A new FE game gets hype regardless if it's a remake or not simply because it's a NEW game.