Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

17 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That exists, but has little bearing, if at all, to the dating and marriage system. Outside doing requests for characters being a way to increase their friendship/love points.

Weird, considering both 2 and 3 required you finish every bachelorette's request before you could marry them. The last one in 2 being the moment to propose and the last in 3 being where Micah reveals he's half-monster.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Yeah that still exists but there's a limit as to how much requests you can complete each day. Not sure if that's a thing in previous games but it's kinda annoying.

There is a limit of one per day per source (there are three different places requests come from) in RF3, but I don't think there was a daily limit in 2.

• Replies 180.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Weird, considering both 2 and 3 required you finish every bachelorette's request before you could marry them. The last one in 2 being the moment to propose and the last in 3 being where Micah reveals he's half-monster.

There is a limit of one per day per source (there are three different places requests come from) in RF3, but I don't think there was a daily limit in 2.

No, the system got a little overhaul for 4. Confessing only requires being at 7 LP. However, to get married, you need to do events instead of quests (how many varies per person; most only need one or two pre-events, but one needs four of them; then, you can do THE event each character has that opens up the marriage option), at least three dates, 10 LP, and the always required double bed and engagement ring (unless you're the female protagonist, or you're aiming for a specific bachelorette).

4 begins with one per day, but once you do enough quests, it unlocks two per day, then three per day. I think three is the max.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, Sooks1016 said:

What is this game anyway?

Can confirm, is good.

It's kinda like...I dunno, I haven't played any games like it...Animal crossing, but fantasy?

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, IIRC there is a limit to how much you can raise a character's LP in one day.

How you raise it is also limited.

Like, first gift of each category (loved, liked, etc.) only gives the full increase the first time per day, any additional gift gives a decreased amount, then none.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

A question about Xenoblade 2:

Spoiler

Malos calls Mythra "partner", is there no relation at all between the two? 

Another one:

Spoiler

Jin talking with Mythra in Torna telling her that her "true partner" isnt here, how does he know this is the case? By the way her and Addam fight together?

6 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

How you raise it is also limited.

Like, first gift of each category (loved, liked, etc.) only gives the full increase the first time per day, any additional gift gives a decreased amount, then none.

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

@Benice after learning that there's a limit to how many LP can be raised each day after selling everything he had

59f.gif

This song represents how I feel right now. But maybe not as well as the gif.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Have your Margaret-wooing efforts paid off yet?

No, but I may have found a way that it'll work? It depends if Margaret's house gives fruit daily, weekly or only once.

Edited by Benice

To be honest, I never really courted anyone in an RF, not that I remember very well. I usually just did a tour of the town every day and talked to everyone twice, somehow that worked for a lot of FP gain. But sticking to this formula was a little taxing in a way, I think some older Story of Seasons games had "neglect FP loss", if you hadn't talked to characters in a while, maybe that go me paranoid.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

10 minutes ago, Benice said:

No, but I may have found a way that it'll work? It depends if Margaret gives fruit daily, weekly or only once.

Okay. Sounds good. Btw, apples won't raise her LP nearly as much as oranges, strawberries, and grapes (iirc). She likes those fruits most of all, if you can find them in the overworld or by growing them yourself with the needed tree seeds. Occasionally, wooden chests will drop an orange or grapes, but not very often.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Okay. Sounds good. Btw, apples won't raise her LP nearly as much as oranges, strawberries, and grapes (iirc). She likes those fruits most of all, if you can find them in the overworld or by growing them yourself with the needed tree seeds. Occasionally, wooden chests will drop an orange or grapes, but not very often.

Gah! If only I'd started growing my strawberries a few days earlier. Thanks for the info, though!

How's your first day of fall semester gone?

Edited by Benice

5 hours ago, Benice said:

Because I got fleeced by Margaret?

Hey, nice! Thanks!

Nice pun, but nah. The name simply came to mind when it came time to name it!

Glad you're happy with it, since I did it without your permission and all. ^^

Also, you have my sympathies, Benice! May luck be with you!
Also, also, here's another appropriate gif for your situation (and somewhat for mine, as you will see soon):
tenor.gif

Speakin' of Rune Factory 4, I discovered that Xiao Pai loves Toy Herbs as well as dumplings... and I am now kicking myself for not figuring this out sooner, because Toy Herbs were one of the main things I grew on my farm for a while. But instead of giving them to Xiao Pai to increase her LP, I sold them all off! *cue gif*

At least I am only 9 stones and about 3,000 Gold away from being able to buy a Steamer to make dumplings with, because I have my Pro Cooking License already.

---

Then, I also played some Nights of Azure today. I attempted to defeat the first of the two postgame bosses, the pureblooded demon Mistral (who has the form of a snake with a four-armed woman's upper body). Emphasis on "attempted" here, because challenging her while still at level 9 is foolish.
I uh... didn't make it...
FJzDQ8U.jpg

The trickiest part about Mistral is that she summons rather powerful flunkies from eggs she places in the corners of the arena, so normally, you should prioritize destroying these before you get overwhelmed. In addition, most of her attacks are projectile-based, and the worst part about that is that they are homing projectiles. She also has a Gate of Babylon esque attack, in which she lets countless sword-shaped arrows rain down upon you (this is rather easy to dodge, however). The most dangerous thing about her is that she has AOE attacks that affect the entire arena. One poisons you and your Servans, one makes the ground slippery (which makes you a sitting duck for her projectiles), and one inflicts Charm on your Servans, which turns them against you.
This boss fight is straight up evil, I tell you.

So, I did what any sane person would do: I went into the final dungeon and grinded a bunch until I gathered enough Blood for Arnice to become level 10.
mPBi43N.jpg

I'll attempt Mistral again tomorrow, I suppose. Today, I'm rather drained, as you might be able to imagine.

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Eh, okay I guess. Just basic stuff, like introduction threads and syllabus quizzes. Nothing terribly interesting tbh.

Hopefully it gets more interesting!

I've noticed like, the only game my favorite female character is the "most popular" is P5, with Makoto... odd. And even then she had to grow on me.

22 minutes ago, Benice said:

Hopefully it gets more interesting!

I hope so. Thanks.

Btw, I mentioned this to DragonFlames earlier, but there's a higher chance of acceptance of the confession if you raise their LP level with a gift right before confessing. I've had this work like a charm both times I tried it. It's not foolproof, but it's definitely an idea just in case she might not accept at level 8.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Btw, I mentioned this to DragonFlames earlier, but there's a higher chance of acceptance of the confession if you raise their LP level with a gift right before confessing. I've had this work like a charm both times I tried it. It's not foolproof, but it's definitely an idea just in case she might not accept at level 8.

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

14 minutes ago, Caster said:

I've noticed like, the only game my favorite female character is the "most popular" is P5, with Makoto... odd. And even then she had to grow on me.

Can relate. I think the only one where this is the case for me is with Lysithea, although even then, I slightly prefer Flayn.
Although for many games I've played, I don't even know which female is the most popular among the fans of said game.

Come to think of it: How popular is Xiao Pai?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Best of luck! 👍

Edited by DragonFlames