• Replies 177.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Aggro lines? More like aggro LIES! Those things have already cause two deaths...

Anyways, I've already reset twice on chapter 1-First being an unexpected Raphael 92 miss, (although tbf that was an awful strategy, I planned the second being aggro lines pointing towards Byleth but resulted in enemies attacking Claude... This is going marvelously! Anyways, not too mad about the second one because the levels were absolutely awful.

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Anyways, not too mad about the second one because the levels were absolutely awful.

Keep in mind that you’ll want awful Raph levels (Mag, Res) Mr. Mage Raphael >:3

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Aggro lines? More like aggro LIES! Those things have already cause two deaths...

Anyways, I've already reset twice on chapter 1-First being an unexpected Raphael 92 miss, (although tbf that was an awful strategy, I planned the second being aggro lines pointing towards Byleth but resulted in enemies attacking Claude... This is going marvelously! Anyways, not too mad about the second one because the levels were absolutely awful.

Sounds good. I'm glad you're finding a way to make things even more challenging since you enjoy that so much.

11 minutes ago, Benice said:

6 minutes ago, Sooks1016 said:

Keep in mind that you’ll want awful Raph levels (Mag, Res) Mr. Mage Raphael >:3

What about Cha and Luck?! (The first reset sadly undid a magic level...)

3 minutes ago, Benice said:

Charm determines the accuracy of offensive gambits (you get gambits by equipping battalions), in case you don't know. Also, make sure to train authority.

Edited by Shadow Mir

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Especially with his 15% base magic growth... F

Edited by Sooks1016

@Benice, you absolute madman. XD

Also, aggro-lines change sometimes when you move other units into range. You'll need to keep that in mind for the future.
Rule of thumb is, enemies will prioritize targets with low Def or those who can't attack back.

---

Meanwhile, I've been getting back into the Atelier spirit.
Other Alchemists keep their workshops nice and tidy. Meanwhile Sophie is like:
EdWC4wq.jpg
Complete chaos. XD
This is also part of the reason why she's still in my top 3 of Atelier protags. Because she and I are the same in this regard. XD

Also, first thing I did:
igdYrMd.jpg

And second thing I did:
wZHesRJ.jpg

The "Random" in random setting means that if you select multiple tracks for one slot, it'll randomly choose one. The standard track will always be overridden.

Felt like playing Civ VI today because it was getting a video touching on the next New Frontier Pass release. I went with the Dutch, but now I don't feel like finishing the match because while it was fun, only long after the fact did I realize I missed out on Gustave Eiffel, so there goes any hope of getting of getting the Amundsen-Scott Research Station built before I win the space race.

Spoilering because sheer length and boringness of the content.

Spoiler

As for the reveal, it focused mostly on the new game mode- Dramatic Ages- which I might try at some point. The specifics of the two new playable civilizations were left out, but their names and specialities were vaguely described.

• As some predicted, Byzantium is one of the new civilizations being added, with a unique district of some kind (likely either a Holy Site or Entertainment Complex replacement) and the "greek fire"-spewing Dromon for a unique naval unit. It was stated to be another domination & religion civ, may it be better than Poland and Spain in that combination.
    • The leader's image was blurred out, but they appeared to have a gray beard, which makes some Civ fans happy. It's always been Justinian I or his wife Theodora for the Byzantines in Civ, a focus on the early "Roman" phase of its existence, ignoring the much longer Medieval phase of Byzantium, which despite its lost of Africa and the Middle East outside of Anatolia to the Arabs and Turks, still had some golden decades over the centuries before its eventual demise to the Ottomans. Given women don't have beards and Justinian is famously depicted as clean-shaven, it appears neither is coming in, and that instead, it's time for the glorious Basil II "the Bulgar Slayer" of that Medieval period to take the stage, his surviving images do show him with a beard.
  • The other civilization was a total surprise, the Gauls. It was said they're going to be oriented towards production and culture, with an Industrial Zone replacement the images suggest, one that might be defensible like an Encampment. Possible culture bombs from mines sounds unbelievably powerful for claiming territory if true.
    • Leader is unknown, but judging from the capital city's name, some are saying it'll be Ambiorix, who isn't actually a Gaul but a Belgae. The Belgae aren't Celts or culturally Romanized Celts- Gauls- they were either Gauls who embraced German culture or Germans who adapted a little Gaulish culture. A non-Gaul leader for Gaul? Thats not making some happy, in a similar way to the choice of Cleopatra for Egypt when she's Hellene (Macedonian/Greek) by ethnicity and culture.

Theres only three New Frontier Pass civilizations left and I was reading were unhappy about today's reveal. If Byzantium and Gaul were meant to cover Europe for the entirety of the NFP, then no Portugal, which makes a certain crowd of players sad.:[ They really want their "First to Win in the Age of Discovery" empire, though I myself don't see much reason to lament when England, Spain, and the Dutch (albeit with minimal ingame colonialism on this last one- it's polders and rivers that define them in Civ VI) cover the same theme.

• Some oddly specific names in the coding that the developers quickly removed imply Vietnam may be one of the remaining three, with a Mongolia alternative leader in Kublai Khan (and China?).
  • And if Vietnam represents East Asia, and if no Portugal exists, then a North American Native American civilization could be likely because the Maya in NFP are more Latin America. The Iroquois/Haudenosaunee maybe because they're a safe and popular North America choice, which may be desirable after the Cree controversy. Although a Southeastern Woodlands Native America group or an American Southwest one (unlikely because the Pueblo didn't want to be in Civ V) would be different and refreshing.
  • Lastly, maybe another Middle East civilization? Morocco/Numidia/Berbers is questionable because that'd be in Africa and Ethiopia may have covered that for NFP already. But a Cradle of Civilization/Ancient Middle East civ like Assyria, Babylonia, or Hittites could be it. Civ VI is lacking in these really old empires, only Phoenicia and a Sumeria that isn't very Sumerian apparently and is mostly Akkadian + mythical Gilgamesh.

A day reading online video game message boards may be a waste. But it's less of a waste when you learn some history stuff in the process.😄

I'm amazed that even with New Frontier Pass bringing things up to an unprecedented 50 civilizations in Civilization, thats there's still a lot of good ones that are missing. Speaks positively to the scope of history and the diversity of peoples around the world.

To end this post:

13229521591600099274gol1.jpg

Canada gets a Wonder, hooray! There is a Biosphere in Arizona too (which doesn't look exactly like this nor does it have the tilde over the first "e"), but the USA one got mired in a failed experiment where the researchers in lockdown may have been mating with each other.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Well, I just did a very ambitious project.

I invited a Catholic courtier who had claim to the Byzantine Empire to my court, and pressed her claim. Problem is that I'll have to do hard work to keep her on the throne and hopefully she ensure to have a Catholic successor, thanks to the Imperial Elective process they follow. Unfortunately I can't get her into an Alliance. That "Political Concerns" modifier that's the bane of every player since even to date no one knows how it gets calculated. Anyway, I found a way to loophole it. Once a revolt starts seeking to depose the Empress, I check the claimants for the titles the Revolt Leader holds, invite one, and war for their claim. Doesn't matter if I win or not, so long I weaken the revolt so it can get crushed. Though if I can... well, I don't exactly know what will happen. I don't need to worry on backing out as once the revolt gets crushed the war auto-ends. It will be a long road of giving a helping hand.

So, in other news, I finally got another mass conversion to follow, with Galicia–Volhynia. After this, however, I'm sending my Court Chaplain back home to proselyte on those pesky heresy provinces. MA is still in the high 30's... gotta find a way to bump it back up.

Also, something of a humorous curiosity. The character I'm controlling now got to be Queen of Italy (as her father got the throne, then inherited it), but was then deposed down to Duchess of Milan, when her mother died (my previous character) and control switched to her... well, I granted all the demesne in Italia to someone else and let them go. But the thing is, since she got to be Queen of Italiy, she inherited the Iron Crown of Lombardy. However, being deposed of the throne didn't removed the crown from her inventory. So now I have it. The Lombardy crown... with the Empress of Hispania. Hah!

Edited by Acacia Sgt