• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Well, I’m more of a meat lovers guy myself bUt it’s still very good.

Not a fan of meat myself, especially not of burgers or kebap.

Chicken meat is the only one meat I quite like because it's very soft.

As expected Steam didn't contact me anymore yesterday, so RIP SRPG Studio.

Edited by Kasumi Yoshizawa

16 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201102_235439.jpg

@Interdimensional Observer is there a reason why this Lv.33 Tyrant did not instantly die to my Ares 90?

Actually, I know why off the top of my head. I tried fighting this thing on foot in Overdrive with a level ~30 Elma a few months ago, the first try went terribly awry and I scrapped the attempt. Yama has 100% Ether resistance, which just so happens to have been the attribute my Elma's weapons were, and which the Aghasura Cannon and Agni Gatling are.

48 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Actually, I know why off the top of my head. I tried fighting this thing on foot in Overdrive with a level ~30 Elma a few months ago, the first try went terribly awry and I scrapped the attempt. Yama has 100% Ether resistance, which just so happens to have been the attribute my Elma's weapons were, and which the Aghasura Cannon and Agni Gatling are.

Honestly, I was caught off guard. I don't recall attribute immunity being a thing in the other Xenoblade games. The Alrest games at least, attribute immunity would've broken the games and not in a good way.

It's been a long while since I last displayed a song's lyrics... time to do that again, I say.

Also, I can expect tomorrow the overall mood being:

Sylvester Stressed GIF - Sylvester Stressed Coffee - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Acacia Sgt

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Lol Nintendo needs to fix their goddamn internet. 

Game disconnects me: 

"If you keep disconnecting, you may be unable to play online for a while". What a fucking joke, as it's not my fault for their bad code, they punish me. 0/10 would praise them for it.

This is the reason I never renewed my subscription. It may sound tinfoil hat'ish, but I swear it worked way better when I was on my free trial.

As soon as I paid, though? Got disconnected every two matches, sometimes even more. And my internet's not that bad. I can play TF2 without ever getting disconnected, and with pretty decent latency. It's the same location, even the same ethernet cable (I swapped it from the computer to the console depending on what I was going to use). So what gives?

Good thing I had the good sense not to purchase a full year. And that was Splatoon - Smash and Mario Maker lagged so badly they were utterly unplayable.

Nintendo's online was only ever acceptable because it was free. And then they have the gall to make people pay for it without making even the slightest improvement? Fuck off.

Anyway, rant over. Tl;dr: Nintendo online bad. Don't give them moneys.

Hello, everyone.
I, um, haven't been here in a bit and... sorry for not making the promised update to my LP yesterday, but... on Sunday, my grandpa was diagnosed with bowel cancer, and things have been a bit rough since then.
I'm not dead or anything, though. Don't worry.

Edited by DragonFlames

14 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, everyone.
I, um, haven't been here in a bit and... sorry for not making the promised update to my LP yesterday, but... on Sunday, my grandpa was diagnosed with bowel cancer, and things have been a bit rough since then.

Man, I’m so sorry to hear that. I wish both you and your family the best.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This is the reason I never renewed my subscription. It may sound tinfoil hat'ish, but I swear it worked way better when I was on my free trial.

As soon as I paid, though? Got disconnected every two matches, sometimes even more. And my internet's not that bad. I can play TF2 without ever getting disconnected, and with pretty decent latency. It's the same location, even the same ethernet cable (I swapped it from the computer to the console depending on what I was going to use). So what gives?

Good thing I had the good sense not to purchase a full year. And that was Splatoon - Smash and Mario Maker lagged so badly they were utterly unplayable.

Nintendo's online was only ever acceptable because it was free. And then they have the gall to make people pay for it without making even the slightest improvement? Fuck off.

Anyway, rant over. Tl;dr: Nintendo online bad. Don't give them moneys.

Well, on a game that desires perfect frame rates, it's really irritating. And even if you ignore that (how the hell could you?) It decides to kick you off for no reason and then punish YOU for it? Like, maybe they should actually look into it instead of a cheap fix, cause that's what it is. Most of the time my connection is pretty much perfect, so I know it's not my end, my average mbps is pretty high.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, everyone.

Draggy, hopefully the wishes people send your way can give you some support to get through it! You arent alone, you have all of us!

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Draggy, hopefully the wishes people send your way can give you some support to get through it! You arent alone, you have all of us!

Thank you!
It does help, truly.

Edited by DragonFlames

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, everyone.

So I wasn’t being overly paranoid

I really hope everything works out okay, Draggy. It is perfectly, PERFECTLY fine and understandable to be absent when your family needs and no one here will nOt understand that. But when you are here, you can always talk to me, okay?

Just now, Sooks1016 said:

So I wasn’t being overly paranoid

I really hope everything works out okay, Draggy. It is perfectly, PERFECTLY fine and understandable to be absent when your family needs and no one here will nOt understand that. But when you are here, you can always talk to me, okay?

Thank you!
Sorry to have worried you.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, everyone.

I hope things start looking up for you and your family.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Honestly, I was caught off guard. I don't recall attribute immunity being a thing in the other Xenoblade games. The Alrest games at least, attribute immunity would've broken the games and not in a good way.

Well, XC1 barely has elements outside of Melia, and for XC2, it'd be bad for Torna given 2/3rds of your team's elements are fixed. XC2 main game, well Tora wouldn't mind, but then you'd have to Tora Tora! to get Poppi those alternative elements. Maybe you could throw such an immune boss in XC2 on NG+, since NG+ removes the "must always have their story Blade equipped at all times" Driver requirement, thereby allowing everyone full elemental flexibility. Or, XC2 could be tactical about it and not make an element-immune UM Fire, Water, or Volt immune, the other five elements wouldn't be an issue for the four standard Drivers.

There is one Tyrant with total attribute immunity, but they aren't immune to attribute Res Downs. Or, you can Blossom Dance it dead and thus bypass its resistances.

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Hello, everyone.

"Elderly with cancer" probably can't end well. But at the least, I hope it ends with the last part of this one ancient Greek saying I can't remember the rest of. It went like "when young, be wise, when thing-that-comes-after-young, be X, when next thing, be Y, when dying, be without pain".

Sorry to be grim here, you definitely don't need it. But I sincerely hope for the best for you and grandfather. I don't know how bad it is over in Germany (other than the reinstitution of lockdowns across Europe), but given reports here in the United States that COVID19 is forcing the cancellation of some medical operations because of the most recent surge, I hope any treatment your grandfather may now want or need won't be affected by the plague.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

"Elderly with cancer" probably can't end well. But at the least, I hope it ends with the last part of this one ancient Greek saying I can't remember the rest of. It went like "when young, be wise, when thing-that-comes-after-young, be X, when next thing, be Y, when dying, be without pain".

Sorry to be grim here, you definitely don't need it. But I sincerely hope for the best for you and grandfather. I don't know how bad it is over in Germany (other than the reinstitution of lockdowns across Europe), but given reports here in the United States that COVID19 is forcing the cancellation of some medical operations because of the most recent surge, I hope any treatment your grandfather may now want or need won't be affected by the plague.

Thank you!
The Covid-19 situation is definitely causing problems, and there are things still up in the air.
Right now, I can only hope he gets the treatment he needs.