Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I was about to say "heeeeey that's Sunny Omori", then I realized it was an edit.

...wait... Is the left one an edit? Because I just realized, if it isn't, that really does look an awful lot like Sunny...

Oh God it isn't. It really is Spanish Sunny. Soleado?

Left one is the official artwork, right one is the edit.

Soleado pero no en Pokémon Sol, vaya.

Oh

Well.

That's a great thing to wake up to.

Well, you know, not just share the image, had to contribute with Something myself too.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 177.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I purchased this during my lunch break

20220228_185451.jpg?width=324&height=432

I can now play the grandfather of JRPGs what is Dragon Quest?

Looks like fun. Will this be your first Persona game?

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I was two years old when all of this was going down.

Thanks for making me feel old...

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Just remember to watch the cutscenes for Episode II instead of actually playing it.

Episode II is one of the worst JRPGs i've ever had the displeasure of playing and this is coming from this thread's #1 Xeno fan.

I have heard that, but I really don't remember it being that bad (and I am fairly certain I did all the optional content I could find).

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

I never did find that third building...

Ouch. I remember it being a fairly strait shot from the back exit of the second building to reach it.

3 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Will this be your first Persona game?

My second. Tokyo Mirage Sessions was my first lmao.

but I really don't remember it being that bad (and I am fairly certain I did all the optional content I could find).

I tried to put up with it but everything had way too much HP. You could be playing peak optimally and normal battles would still take like 10 minutes. 

When you recommend a game to someone but they don't think it's fun

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The point of playing Zero Mission is to figure out if it's Metroid or Metroid Fusion that isn't for me. I'd rather not handicap myself by intentionally going for the Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light equivalent, because if it got to that point, I wouldn't be eager to go back to Fusion - I'd simply be eager to never return to Metroid at all.

That was sarcasm. If you think Fusion is cryptic, the first game doesn't give you a map and every pathway looks basically the same. You probably have to bomb random places to progress too. On the other hand, it has a funny password system.

As for what you actually should play... Viva Piñata is a good game. It should be one of the most celebrated games in existence, but it isn't because reality makes no sense. Make another game Microsoft!

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

As for what you actually should play... Viva Piñata is a good game. It should be one of the most celebrated games in existence, but it isn't because reality makes no sense. Make another game Microsoft!

I remember playing this at a lodge when I was about six years old, and I made it so that everything in the game hated me because I kept hitting them with my shovel. I couldn't figure out how to make them less angry either, so I think I just started a new file...

I should try it again to see how much better at games I was back then compared to now.

I'd say, one of the highlights about SRW W for me is that, due to its two-part structure, it means it's the only SRW that covers both the events of the Nadesico TV series and its movie sequel, Prince of Darkness. So it's the only time characters like Gai Daigouji and Tsukumo Shiratori get to participate in the movie's events. Wish they would do that more often.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

I purchased this during my lunch break

20220228_185451.jpg?width=324&height=432

I can now play the grandfather of JRPGs what is Dragon Quest?

I thought you were going to try Persona 3 first? On the grounds of "things are only going to get better, so it'll be hard going back"?

Regardless, I hope it works out for you.

Technically, I could join you b/c it is on PS3 in the original-shoulda-gotten-the Royal-scenario-as-DLC-instead-not-a-cashgrab version. I dunno, I never gave it a try admittedly, but the increased life sim aspect of the later Personas has kept me from desiring to play them or their spinoffs.

Wait why is it in Japanese?

I don't understand why. Is it b/c Original Generations and NxC are Japanese games with a fan translation and they're the games I placed on that virtual memory card first? That is the only thing I can think of. 

I made my initial XS save with no problems in the Encephalon simulator, I didn't even get sent to that screen. It was only after leaving the simulator and attempting to save there that things went south.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

It also makes me sadly remember that W was the third-to-last appearance of classic Getter Robo in SRW. Second-to-Last was A Portable, and absolute last was the first Z game. I know it's due to Akira Kamiya being retired and all... but even just using re-recordings of his voice costs through the roof apparently, hence why we don't get even that. Z was already using re-recorded lines, but I guess they could either afford it or some deal was made otherwise.

Which means every other Anime with his participation (Reideen, Daimos, Gaiking, original Macross (*weeps*), etc) is in that same state of limbo. And why we get Shin Getter Armageddon as a mainstay now.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Shrimpy x Ruben confirmed?

I don't wanna NTR Armagon

They had Tokyo Xanadu tho, @Shrimpolaris says that's the best Falcom game of all time.

I don't hate TX that much, ya know 😛

I prefer it over CS, and some of the stuff in TX if implemented in CS i probably wouldn't have dropped Trails. Especially that superb music.

Still a mediocre game tho

54 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I prefer it over CS, and some of the stuff in TX if implemented in CS i probably wouldn't have dropped Trails. Especially that superb music.

Still a mediocre game tho

Just do what I did and replace CS trash with Sky. Fixed.

Now that I’ve seen the 0 anime’s OP, this is definitively the best S;G OP out of all of them.

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahahahah, why are you apologizing? I was just playing along. I suppose in text form it does sound like I could be peeved, but it wasn't my intention at all. No worries.

Ah, that’s good!

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Just do what I did and replace CS trash with Sky. Fixed.

Or just play Sky Ü

15 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Now that I’ve seen the 0 anime’s OP, this is definitively the best S;G OP out of all of them

Just wait until the 2nd time it plays in the anime.

Kino moment.

How far are you into the anime btw?

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the grounds of "things are only going to get better, so it'll be hard going back"?

See that's valid but i didn't feel like downloading a mod for P3 on PS2. And then there's also the PSP version but that sacrifices some things....

Ah well, we'll see how much i can take if i ever go back.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

original-shoulda-gotten-the Royal-scenario-as-DLC-instead-not-a-cashgrab version.

I still agree with this lmao. But if i've never played P5, might as well just get the updated version.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I don't hate TX that much, ya know 😛

I've never seen you praise it lmao.

Micro update on my Nuzolcke. Still working on grinding everyone up to the level cap, and we had quite a few evolutions along the way

AM-JKLWn7hqnNCxjhDvRiozqMITNLIgZoDqBY8ed

First @Julizan finally evolved

AM-JKLUSfu2Kpr13kxGbzJmEphJvwwNMNQTx0woe

And while training my pokemon that are good against ice types I cleared out Shoal cave and earned the Shoal Bell

AM-JKLUjBru4wHLWhCiugO6PI-dLfHUwt0Vcxp-m

@GuardianSing also finally got that desperately needed evolution.

AM-JKLUCI1UPBwBcF0i3P4Nh8bpE6PEn_P2FRZl5

@BrightBow also got a massive power boost from that late evolution, and finally we reach the reason I bothered with this micro-update

AM-JKLXivbTED_gyoTf6vstvIwyLPNVF_FzYNdZg

While training up my surf users in the Magma Hideout I found a shiny, and even with my more restrictive Shiny Clause, I can actually use it...

AM-JKLXD30UNdMwgCyKwBlbIp0n2FFKT62EGkKAg

As my rule is you can only catch it if you have that Pokemon alive, and it replaces the old one. Congratulations @indigoasis, you have been upgraded to a Shiny Pokemon.

AM-JKLVQk9N-p2i2rWhnUuPxNKZUI1DY23oUSxo0

Just to finish this little update up, the last evolution for this round of grinding, as @DodgeDusk evolves at the level cap itself.

I still have some more grinding to go, and have a busy day planned tomorrow, so I probably wont be ready for the Tate and Liza fight until Wednesday.

13 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I've never seen you praise it lmao

I mean, atleast the music you've seen me praise, right? It's absolutely kickass.

The major problems with the game are the dungeon and boss design.

Putting Trails dungeons in anction game is a bruh momento, and the bosses with a few exceptions are all the same.

It also made me tolerate bonding because

1. They were platonic

2. The game had interlude chapters where the MC is not involved and the characters interact with each other. That removes the Blackhole problem i have with most "bonding" games. Doubt it would've fixed CS tho lol.

Also it hsd something Ys desperately needs: Item time limits on higher difficulties.

20190803142007_1.jpg

Also Karate Kloe

School still sucks tho, and the boss & dungeon design really really blows. Which gives a mediocre game as a result.

Tate and Liza

Oooh that one. Was more on the hard side in emerald iirc

Edited by Shrimpolaris

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

mean, atleast the music you've seen me praise, right? It's absolutely kick ass.

I mean sure but you say that about every pre-CS3 Falcom game.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Also it hsd something Ys desperately needs: Item time limits on higher difficulties.

Oh you mean like item cooldowns? Or you mean something else?

42 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Just wait until the 2nd time it plays in the anime.

Kino moment.

How far are you into the anime btw?

Episode 13, which is about halfway through.

Btw, should I watch the “special episode”?