• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

So, a little cheese?

I mean, they're both good, no doubt, though I do prefer chicken.

More or less. Since Quesadas are a thing, from which the Quesadilla is derived from as a name.

I should also point out that the Quesada is a dessert, while the Quesadilla isn't. The only relation is having cheese, hence the name.

Kinda like Torta (the cake) and Tortilla. They're both made out of flour.

57 minutes ago, joevar said:

despite the supposed sob story near the end, the character just brush it off that i regret almost feeling a bit sad. i became annoyed actually in the end.

"hey, turns out theres this tragedy, where our parent dying" 
"oh NO! ... anyway, do we know how to beat the boss now?"

being unfilial and indifferent to past story is biggest red flag to me in any story.

Throwing Zenrus like that into the picture... it felt a tad hurried. Like they forgot to throw him somewhere sooner in the final dungeon. Though there was a hint of development when Sorey did the "impure" killing blow that Rose wanted to carry out to keep Sorey clean of murder.

57 minutes ago, joevar said:

ending was meh.

I get wanting to avoid making things overly verbose, but not a word of dialogue at all? No lamenting the fallen, nor the fate of Sorey? No talk of plans for the future? -Not like the Seraphs, being apart from human society and without a sophisticated one of their own, have much of a future other than chilling around with their very long lives until maybe a new Shepherd appears.

(As an aside, Seraph existence seems kinda boring when you think about it. They appear to be rather solitary given how few we see of them outside of Zenrus's village. And they only built those houses there and lived more humanlike so as to give Sorey a taste of human existence for the day he would eventually leave. Without population density, they don't really have a civilization, and civilization provides avenues to make life very fun in the form of organized recreations, manufactured goods, and culture.)

Showing Rose's grave in the distant future and Mikleo wandering the ruins were interesting, so there was a glimmer of goodness. Yet it still felt like Tales of Zestiria wasn't a flagship product of a major video game company. Tales could've afforded to show more.

57 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Remembering the instance at the start of Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside story where Peach was able to weaken him with Starlow's assistance

Wasn't it more "I psychically throw you out of my castle"? Bowser got whipped.

57 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

and even the Star Rod/Twink wishes in Paper Mario..

Thank you for reminding me of one of those irreplaceable memories of sweet nascent childhood.

The -generic in retrospect- "pray for the heroes as they fight their final battle for us all" situation at the end of PM64 and the Peach-Twink scene beforehand were quite touching to my not-even-10 self.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Shadow Dragon, why the fuck did you give me a level 3 Pegasus Knight on chapter 18 out of 25.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'm the antique in the corner minding its own business for the most part.

Oh the things you must have seen, I envy you.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

(As an aside, Seraph existence seems kinda boring when you think about it. They appear to be rather solitary given how few we see of them outside of Zenrus's village. And they only built those houses there and lived more humanlike so as to give Sorey a taste of human existence for the day he would eventually leave. Without population density, they don't really have a civilization, and civilization provides avenues to make life very fun in the form of organized recreations, manufactured goods, and culture.)

Showing Rose's grave in the distant future and Mikleo wandering the ruins were interesting, so there was a glimmer of goodness. Yet it still felt like Tales of Zestiria wasn't a flagship product of a major video game company.

the whole seraph village is entire level of boring in any JRPG village i've ever played.  feels like a hidden spot for recreation/nature adventure than a remote village. 

I get wanting to avoid making things overly verbose, but not a word of dialogue at all? No lamenting the fallen, nor the fate of Sorey? No talk of plans for the future? -Not like the Seraphs, being apart from human society and without a sophisticated one of their own, have much of a future other than chilling around with their very long lives until maybe a new Shepherd appears.

even the whole human-turned-seraph get shrugged off entirely. maybe because the seraph 100% look like human, not some tiny little fairy or spirit, that i find it even more weird sorey the only one that can interact with them... then comes the revelation that sorey been with seraph people since birth actually, which makes it even less interesting to me. because that means anyone can be like sorey if they become hermit which we dont see at all, despite seraph exist in more than one place

feels like they want to make what has been done in other story: due to advancing technology and pollution, people connection with nature spirit get weakened. thus cannot interact with it unless being a hermit. but their civilization dont even come near industrial revolution yet, let alone full of pollution like modern world lmao.

tldr; just go extinct, people wont be bothered that much 

Sorey did the "impure" killing blow that Rose wanted to carry out to keep Sorey clean of murder

the whole clean of murder despite the enemy killing people left and right is just weird. if theres no punishment, there would be no reward. 

Edited by joevar

Back again on Acacia Sgt's SRW self-project musings...

I wouldn't be surprised if it has been used in SRW, but the Protoculture is pretty much a good way to justify the presence of the various lifeforms across the galaxy being the same humanoid shape, like Pentagonans or Balm-seijin or Humans. The benefits of having a precursor race in the setting, heh.

For more lore-welding stuff, I have in mind to make Second Impact be the trigger that stirs Orphan awake and begins the process to leave for space. Combined, both events cause much havoc on Earth and thus it's the reason the Ultimate Gundam is created to fix things... as well as the Zabi Family see the perfect chance to act so they went ahead with starting the One Year War.

Having Posaydal expand his Empire to the Sol System is something SRW has used quite a few times... so I think this could be a good chance to shake things up a bit. This time Sol isn't the one next in line (though they are still in the line), rather, Posaydal sets sights first on the Cephiro System, as another faction seeking the power of the Pillar.

Oldie but goodie, the underground empires are working together to wipe out humanity off the face of the Earth. Thus a Mycenae-HundredDevils-Demon Empires alliance.

... hmm...

Oh Yeah Its All Coming Together GIF - Oh Yeah Its All Coming Together Kronk  - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

On a similar subject, I don't think I'll ever stop finding amusing the fact that for SRW 30 it isn't just soldiers going to Sol, but Pentagona bringing itself in pieces as well.

Posaydal pitching the idea of putting Sveet into a giant spaceship and move it to Sol, colorized:

Push It Somewhere Else Spongebob GIF - Push It Somewhere Else Spongebob  Patrick Star - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

Edited by Acacia Sgt

33 minutes ago, joevar said:

the whole seraph village is entire level of boring in any JRPG village i've ever played.  feels like a hidden spot for recreation/nature adventure than a remote village. 

Milla's village- Nia Kheria(?) also had a mountainous vibe and was a more spiritual lifestyle compared to the rest of the world. And Xillia nailed the idea better.

even the whole human-turned-seraph get shrugged off entirely.

Except for when it turns out Mikleo is one because... why? How did it happen? The game also had what I thought was the preserved body of the fire shrine seraph stored away on display, I thought a human-turned-seraph's old body would have a slight measure of significance, it didn't.

then comes the revelation that sorey been with seraph people since birth actually, which makes it even less interesting to me. because that means anyone can be like sorey if they become hermit which we dont see at all,

...Which also might explain why Sorey is so pure of heart, which is intrinsically linked to seeing seraphs. If you believe nurture > nature in the old debate between upbringing and genetics, then any baby could've become a Shepherd under Zenrus's care. Another little point of critique in the story.

the whole clean of murder despite the enemy killing people left and right is just weird. if theres no punishment, there would be no reward. 

Just thinkin' Sorey = Corrin? CQ is infamous for the early "Corrin wins battles without killing anyone". Don't the royal siblings on Revelation insist on keeping Corrin pure and unchanging? Doesn't Garon want to make Corrin cry to awaken Iblis? I'm not exactly familiar with Fates's plot.

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it has been used in SRW, but the Protoculture is pretty much a good way to justify the presence of the various lifeforms across the galaxy being the same humanoid shape, like Pentagonans or Balm-seijin or Humans. The benefits of having a precursor race in the setting, heh.

Isn't that kinda what the First Psychodrivers of Alpha 2-3 were? Ruach Gan Eden proves they went beyond the Earth at least.

And ofc Earth is the "Land of Beginnings" in OG according to the Einst. Although what exactly that entirely means isn't explained I think, with my limited knowledge. The First Psychodrivers are obviously relevant here, but were they part of something more than that, that which was the real Protoculture? The Fury and Zovorg exist in OG, (and La Gias since it remains relevant in OG whereas it got scrapped from Alpha after AG), and neither has telekinetics, so probably no Gan Eden to call its own.

13 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Posaydal pitching the idea of putting Sveet into a giant spaceship and move it to Sol, colorized:

Ever heard of an RV? It is also possible IRL to lift an entire house off its foundations and move it via heavy trucks.

Why not take your capital city on the interstellar road? You'll get less homesick that way, it's good for morale and mental health. It might even encourage your soldiers to fight better if the enemy tries attacking their motherland.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Isn't that kinda what the First Psychodrivers of Alpha 2-3 were? Ruach Gan Eden proves they went beyond the Earth at least.

And ofc Earth is the "Land of Beginnings" in OG according to the Einst. Although what exactly that entirely means isn't explained I think with my limited knowledge. The First Psychodrivers are obviously relevant here, but were they part of something more than that, that which was the real Protoculture? The Fury and Zovorg exist in OG, (and La Gias since it remains relevant in OG whereas it got scrapped from Alpha after AG), and neither has telekinetics, so probably no Gan Eden to call its own.

Well, the Protoculture is Macross stuff. I'll admittedly don't know what was the connection there in the Alphaverse if there was any.

Even in Impact Earth was already the Land of Beginnings too. It's about all life originating in Earth. And I'd take it it applies too for all the aliens out there. It likely isn't different for OGverse.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ever heard of an RV? It is also possible IRL to lift an entire house off its foundations and move it via heavy trucks.

Why not take your capital city on the interstellar road? You'll get less homesick that way, it's good for morale and mental health. It might even encourage your soldiers to fight better if the enemy tries attacking their motherland.

I mean, unless they intended to ditch Pentagona, sounds a bit too much to bring the entire capital city with them to the place they're conquering next.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I started making LPs. Then Benice pinged me to help him guide Shrimpy along in his first Berwick run. Then I stayed here. That's my backstory.

Let's not talk about the Three Houses hate arc.

Funnily enough I have a similar origin story. I ended up getting @Benice involved in the FE6 Ironman Succession game LP I started up, and eventually he pinged me into this thread. From there I lurked in the thread a little, as I was a bit shy in posting on the thread at first.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

On the positive side- time to begin replacing our modern human-based militaries with bioroids in 95% of all combat roles! Warfare can be waged with less loss of human life! As civilized as Zovorg here we come!

I don't see that as much of a positive, as wars are still fought in the lands that people live in. With bioroids as the combatants all the loss of human life will be civilians, and the few consequences there are to war crimes will be muddled by bioroids being the instigators of it.

47 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Shadow Dragon, why the fuck did you give me a level 3 Pegasus Knight on chapter 18 out of 25.

Ah the original Est, the unit which created the stereotype of the high growth rates, but comically low level for people to argue over whether they are usable or not...

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Except for when it turns out Mikleo is one because... why? How did it happen? The game also had what I thought was the preserved body of the fire shrine seraph stored away on display, I thought a human-turned-seraph's old body would have a slight measure of significance, it didn't.

i got the inkling the whole human turned seraph start in berseria. since apparently theres no seraph in the beginning of berseria, with zaveid, edn,a and her adopted brother not being seraph iirc. but i lost interest in that world already. since seraph are like this "pure nature being" in zesty, but implied  they are human turned invisible through some shenanigan in from the vibe i got from berseria (maybe wrong, didnt actually play)

1000+ years time skip is always a cheap way to "theres plot holes in story, but too much years already past, so please ignore it / look the other way please" in any medium of fantasy story

46 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

...Which also might explain why Sorey is so pure of heart, which is intrinsically linked to seeing seraphs. If you believe nurture > nature in the old debate between upbringing and genetics, then any baby could've become a Shepherd under Zenrus's care. Another little point of critique in the story.

yes that what im implying. zenrus could just pick all the orphan and then voila no "shortage of sheperd" ever becomes a problem anymore. you can start commercializing it even 

the more we discuss zesty, the more plot holes keep apearing, so many holes that your swiss cheese seems fuller.

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oldie but goodie, the underground empires are working together to wipe out humanity off the face of the Earth. Thus a Mycenae-HundredDevils-Demon Empires alliance.

the classic "under the carpet" huh. i keep wondering how they built civs underground in earth setting and no mention of drowning in gas and oil at all. (cue murica coming in posthaste)

I've expressed what this song means to me in a previous lengthy post, so let me post the TL:DR here.

I cry

34 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Ah the original Est, the unit which created the stereotype of the high growth rates, but comically low level for people to argue over whether they are usable or not...

Est is a character archetype? I didn't even know.

Shame I got her killed in that same chapter by carelessly putting her in range of a bow knight.

At least she did a sick 3% critical for her first and only attack.

12 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Est is a character archetype? I didn't even know.

Est Archetypes inspired the spilling of a lot of digital ink back in the day, back when people suggested you don't use Jagens as they are exp-hogs, and when growths were kings. Personally I think its fun to use an Est in a lot of games, its a unit you may have to baby at first, but with high growth rates so they become strong when trained, although they also arrive late enough that it probably isn't worth the effort of babying them.

10 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Shame I got her killed in that same chapter by carelessly putting her in range of a bow knight.

At least she did a sick 3% critical for her first and only attack.

Oof, RIP poor Est. No Triangle Attack for the White Wing Sisters it seems.

yZt2w7Y.png

Haha, this guy is so nationalistic he can't open his damn eyes and still thinks his country is worth protecting.

I'm so glad people like this don't exist in real life, haha

42 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Est Archetypes inspired the spilling of a lot of digital ink back in the day, back when people suggested you don't use Jagens as they are exp-hogs, and when growths were kings. Personally I think its fun to use an Est in a lot of games, its a unit you may have to baby at first, but with high growth rates so they become strong when trained, although they also arrive late enough that it probably isn't worth the effort of babying them.

Especially with Shadow Dragon, unless you're killing a bunch of your own units to access Gaiden chapters, you don't have much space to train Est specifically, do you?

1 hour ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Haha, this guy is so nationalistic he can't open his damn eyes and still thinks his country is worth protecting.

Um excuse you, you're supposed to be impressed by his knoble knobleness and feel sympathy for Camüü's tragedy in which he just had no choice at all!

(I'm not the greatest fan of the Camus archetype)

(Why, of course it's an archetype. What in Fire Emblem isn't?)

Spoiler

“The cheapest sort of pride is national pride; for if a man is proud of his own nation, it argues that he has no qualities of his own of which he can be proud; otherwise he would not have recourse to those which he shares with so many millions of his fellowmen. The man who is endowed with important personal qualities will be only too ready to see clearly in what respects his own nation falls short, since their failings will be constantly before his eyes. But every miserable fool who has nothing at all of which he can be proud adopts, as a last resource, pride in the nation to which he belongs; he is ready and glad to defend all its faults and follies tooth and nail, thus reimbursing himself for his own inferiority.”
- German poodle enthusiast and professional grump A. Schopenhauer

Hmm? So you're nuerodivergent as well, huh?

Yep, always have been.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

_127026574_minibrain.png.webp

A lab-grown "brain" able to play Pong. Behold the beginnings of our Synthetic Human Overlords! Kneel before it.🧎🧎‍♂️🧎‍♀️

-Apparently these mini-brains were first created back in 2013, and thankfully don't have actual sentience, yet. Hopefully we'll be able to buy ourselves some time and pit them against the self-aware AIs, although it's only a matter of time until they get smart enough to ally against their creators.

On the positive side- time to begin replacing our modern human-based militaries with bioroids in 95% of all combat roles! Warfare can be waged with less loss of human life! As civilized as Zovorg here we come!

So,, human cells grown in a lab to this extent so far.

And that military sounds like a terrible idea in the event of any large force turning. How humbling an end that'd be though.

First Pong, then Mario party with human co-testers, then Civ, then the world gets nuked.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

She's the bEst

2 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

I've expressed what this song means to me in a previous lengthy post, so let me post the TL:DR here.

I cry

The NES version makes the manaketes sound like aliens to me.

You could argue how fitting that it.

yZt2w7Y.png

One who might survive to see that kingdom or land past that darkest hour.

Many are not fond of the Camus as an archetype. The progenitor can certainly be stubborn to his beliefs.

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

In the original and Book 1 she was level 5. But IS decided to swap her level and all her stats (except Luck) with Catria for some reason. So now she is a good deal weaker.

Edited by BrightBow

To be precise, MotE's Catria and Est, where Est had more HP in SDatBoL for whatever reason.

The stats that change are 1 in HP, Str, Skl, Spd and Def going from Est to Catria in exchange for Est getting 2 more levels to grind, wow. Which would be fine if Est's growths were more noteworthy in SD, but comparing to Catria again she's got 20 less HP, 10 more Str, 20 less Skl, 10 less Spd, 10 more Luk and 5 less Def so not as stellar growths as would be expected.

And of course the 4 chapters of availability Catria has kinda ends the argument eh?

10 hours ago, Sooks said:

Cold Steel 3 Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

Wait… Angelica is present during the in medias res segment when we return again, despite not being there the first time. Don’t tell me we’re doing the Crossbell plot twist again, with Angelica Rogner of all people.

Also, hey all. It’s been a few days again.

Hello, Socks. I'm still hacking. Not much has changed there.

Oh yeah, I contracted covid. Our country has long since stopped giving days off for covid cases, so I had to spend some of my own days off. But it was worth it. Had no idea when to spend them anyway haha

8 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

So, I was thinking. We know the at least one of the villains has a ring for Fire Emblem Engage too. If IS really, really wanted to rage bait people into talking about the game... they could have the villains across the game all use rings that summon high profile villains from the series history (Gharnef, Zephiel, The Black Knight), only to throw people a curve ball by having Edelgard as the villain rep for Three Houses.... knowing full well some people relate more to her goals than the other lords of that game.

I mean, you know what my response to that would be.

"Edelgard ok I don't care WHERE GARN"

8 hours ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

They deserve to be red with anger, because they are already red with communism and the blood of innocent Poles.

Calm down there, Anonymous. The 'Murica is taking over your mind.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I forgot to comment before, nice Igraine edit.

Heh, thanks. It's more obvious an edit than I'd prefer, but I suppose if it looks good, it looks good.

8 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Whereas I ended up in this particular thread because Wraith arbitrarily tagged me in it once despite me having never posted in it prior. Turns out it's got a nigh-inescapable pull because of the amount of people who end up here. Yeah. That's irony for you. Wraith, who always talks about the insanity of the thread literally brought someone else into it.

How the turntables. Wraith contributed to the Teehee cause.

8 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

_127026574_minibrain.png.webp

A lab-grown "brain" able to play Pong. Behold the beginnings of our Synthetic Human Overlords! Kneel before it.🧎🧎‍♂️🧎‍♀️

They look like beans.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Inb4 they use a Wrys ring.

PLEASE

7 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Just show the brains FE once they have enough capacity to understand. It'll hasten the process... or they self-destruct.

They will become horny.

6 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

That's Est. The original Est! The massive scrub that comes near the end, highly underlevelled, but has uber growths if you care to bother with them. Modern FEs have mostly dropped this archetype, but you'll see it everywhere in the older ones.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

In the original and Book 1 she was level 5. But IS decided to swap her level and all her stats (except Luck) with Catria for some reason. So now she is a good deal weaker.

Well, I had no idea. The more you know.

56 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

To be precise, MotE's Catria and Est, where Est had more HP in SDatBoL for whatever reason.

The stats that change are 1 in HP, Str, Skl, Spd and Def going from Est to Catria in exchange for Est getting 2 more levels to grind, wow. Which would be fine if Est's growths were more noteworthy in SD, but comparing to Catria again she's got 20 less HP, 10 more Str, 20 less Skl, 10 less Spd, 10 more Luk and 5 less Def so not as stellar growths as would be expected.

And of course the 4 chapters of availability Catria has kinda ends the argument eh?

Haha I have no idea even though I've played SDatBoL because Minerva got crit by a sniper

So, the villain rings. We've seen no hint of their presence outside 1 shot or if we'll be allowed to wield them (for all we know he's wielding one of the 12 rings we know about already). But that mention of Edelgard and the talk there made a lot of sense, so who else would be picked?

(OH, series spoilers by the way)

Spoiler

Marth: Gharnef or Hardin are the easiest picks here, but Camus has been made out as Marth's opponent before so he could be it too. I'd prefer Hardin as face turned heel myself.

Celica: Rudolf, with a chance of Jedah. Rudolf might not be Celica's fight, but she could have a dynamic as a child of Zofia and one who disagrees with his philosophy. Plus Jedah would be pretty boring of a pick.

Sigurd: Arvis. Let's be real, it makes the most sense of any villain in this game (much as I said were Manfroy) and as an opponent of Sigurd specifically he would be great. I'd be on board for these just to get Arvis. But I suppose of the others Travant could work, arguably one of the other holy weapon wielders who the player fights, but Arvis would definitely be my first pick.

Leif: Couple of options here. Raydrik and Veld probably make the most sense as outright final villains, but Reinhardt could be argued as well, especially if they choose to avoid dark magic and with the amount of potential armours as well Raydrik could be considered an acceptable loss which would be a shame because the personal beef would be nice to have. Maybe the twist would be that Travant would end up here, but that's be a disservice to some villains here.

Roy: Zephiel is probably the best bet. Of the wyvern generals the only one I could see getting picked is Murdock and the only other one I'd expect is Idunn and in terms of direct opposition Zephiel would make the most sense, especially as a ring held by a leading figure looking to bring back the Fell Dragon.

Lyn: Pickings aren't the best here, especially if you assume like I am that the Four Fangs won't happen. But imagine a ring with Linus and Lloyd together, that could be interesting. But aside from that, we've got Nergal (with all that entails), maybe one of the mage villains involved with this game (Ursula is a simp, Sonya is a bit of cruelty for the sake of it and Limstella is a blank) or they could make it Jaffar. And of these I think a Jaffar gone full Angel of Death could be interesting. That or just fuck it and pick the dragon.

Eirika: Setting aside the Six Gemstones as I don't see any of them getting picked (but of all of them Valter's the best bet), Lyon seems like the default right? I mean, of any of the outright dark mages I'd say he's likelier than Gharnef. If we count redemption possibilities I can also see Morva getting a minor chance.

Ike: BK is all too easy a pick, it doesn't help that the other pick is probably Ashnard. None of the other bosses fit for this imo, so I'll stick to these two. Of them, BK is Ike's rival of sorts and with him having Urvan this time that could be interesting. Ashnard.... I don't know if he'd work in this game, especially as a being summoned to someone else's bidding. Maybe he's an endgame foe's ring?

Micaiah: Good job Micaiah, who do I pick here? Jarod and Ludveck are too low level and gone too soon to suit, of the senate the only one I'd expect is Lekain and fuck Lekain, Izuka also sucks, BK makes sense as Ike's rival...... Oh well, least we have Deghinsea and Sephiran as choices, probably one of them and if they're facing Micaiah, Sephiran makes the most sense.

Lucina: Grima would be the obvious pick, but I feel like 2 fell dragons ain't happening. Of the others, Gangrel would be an opportunity for a knife wielder on this list, Walhart could be but Rudolf i'd argue makes him redundant gameplay wise and Aversa could be used as a dark filer for malig knights, so some gameplay options but if we got that route it's all too easy for me to insist on Gangrel.

Corrin: While I want to say Garon, I could see one of the elder Fates Royal Bros. getting picked here. Maybe we'd get a pre-Gooron if the player seized the ring. I am doubtful they'd use the gods of their respective games, hence my not expecting Anankos or any of the other potential picks.

Byleth: Edelgard would make sense, especially as an opponent for Byleth. Rhea is probably next most likely despite her relative power (Seiros), with distant third being maybe Nemesis? I don't see the Agarthans getting a look in. Course I'm only talking Triple Hizzle, Have not played Copes enough to account for that.

So with that, I'll suggest a shortlist of Gharnef, Rudolf, Arvis, Raydrik/Reinhardt, Zephiel, Jaffar, Lyon, BK, Sephiran, Gangrel/Aversa, Garon, Edelgard. Few too many armours and dark magic option but I think I've balanced some of that out and have a few others to suggest replacing those on the shortlist with.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

"Edelgard ok I don't care WHERE GARN"

Were Manfloy

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

PLEASE

We already discussed this, Shanty Pete is the 13th ring.

Edited by Punished Dayni

5 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

yZt2w7Y.png

Ah, forgot to respond to this.

...Yeaaaah as far as Camuses go, Camus is... pretty bleh. He's just an idiot that remains loyal to evil people for no apparent reason, like so many others. Though in Camus's case... it's not well-conveyed at all - heck, it's not even brought up until the sequel, and even there you blink and you miss it - but there are a certain two members of Grustian loyalty whom Dolhr has taken hostage. It's likely part of the reason Camus remains so steadfast in his loyalty. But, again, you wouldn't know unless I told you.

Still, he's undeniably unreasonable, like a lot of members of the archetype he named. I do like him better than the likes of Galle and Reinhardt, at least. Those two goons serve even greater evils and have even less reason to do so than Camus lol

6 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

Were Manfloy

I'll take Veld, at least he's funny.

We already discussed this, Shanty Pete is the 13th ring.

Make Wrys the 14th then

Edited by Saint Rubenio