Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Happy new year everyone! I slept through the date change because i wasn't felling well...

With that said, let this year be better, please!

Wait that’s not a lot of sleep...

As THE shrimperor says, take care of yourself!

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just heard the Tellius recruitment theme for the first time. It’s great.

happy Tellius fan noises

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Happy new year everyone! I slept through the date change because i wasn't felling well...

With that said, let this year be better, please!

raises his glass of

Spoiler

sparkling water

49 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah yes, the theme of spending days on one map. I enjoyed every second of it, though, so I can't complain.

I spent 7 hours on it. According to the in-game timer. So it doesn't account for all the wasted turns when I had to reload or abandon an attempt altogether. So overall it might well be twice of that.

I do like how the map switches from night to daytime once Cyltan arrives. ...although with how long the map takes, I suppose it might as well switch back to nighttime 15 turns later.

41 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I just heard the Tellius recruitment theme for the first time. It’s great.

It's ok personally imo.

Hot take but i think that the only actually good recruitment themes in the series are Together We Ride and Comrades.

If it's not one of those two, it either sucks or is unmemorable.

Man, just to imagine that some dumb triumphal recruitment theme would play when Axel joins the Sinon Knights after secretly murdering one of his old associates.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hot take but i think that the only actually good recruitment themes in the series are Together We Ride and Comrades.

....Or it sounds like a cross between the two.

Which is the Thracia theme aka best recruitment theme.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

....Or it sounds like a cross between the two.

Which is the Thracia theme aka best recruitment theme.

This one's like third place I guess but there's still a Grand Canyon gap between it and Together We Ride and Comrades.

But it also has the unfortunate circumstance of being in Thracia so I gotta dock points (although it's in FE6 too).

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Unrelated, but I feel like pointing out that my city's slogan for the pandemic is "Together We Ride."

Someone on city council plays FE. I am sure of it.

2 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

"Together We Ride" is just a pretty straightforward remix of the Encounter theme.

It's..... it's the same song. Just different renditions over the years as tends to happen recurring songs.

I don't know why they changed the name but I guess it's because Together We Ride sounds more raw than "Encounter".

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

It's..... it's the same song. Just different renditions over the years as tends to happen recurring songs.

I don't know why they changed the name but I guess it's because Together We Ride sounds more raw than "Encounter".

Smash says the song's name is Story 5 Meeting.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

But it also has the unfortunate circumstance of being in Thracia so I gotta dock points (although it's in FE6 too).

Clarification, BB's recruitment Theme is based off of Genealogy's theme.

I can't really pin Thracia's as a specific track it's based off of.

Just now, Dayni said:

It's also the Genealogy theme.

Of course Thracia takes place in the same setting, so it actually has a reason to use it.

4 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Smash says the song's name is Story 5 Meeting.

And Smash also called Eternal Bond "Ike's Theme" at one point, so we should probably leave Smash out of it.

4 minutes ago, Dayni said:

All this tells me is that I still dock points from it because Judgral association.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And Smash also called Eternal Bond "Ike's Theme" at one point, so we should probably leave Smash out of it.

That doesn't mean the FE7 variation gets to name the original theme after itself.

Quite frankly, FE7 really overdid it with the recycled music. It feels really lazy. And it's not like the game has even anything to do with Akaneia. Heck, it barely has anything to do with the game it's supposedly a prequel to.
If anything it should be reusing Tear Ring Saga themes.

Edited by BrightBow

3 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

That doesn't mean the FE7 variation gets to name the original theme after itself.

Quite frankly, FE7 really overdid it with the recycled music. It feels really lazy. And it's not like the game has even anything to do with Akaneia. Heck, it barely has anything to do with the game it's supposedly a prequel to.
If anything it should be reusing Tear Ring Saga themes.

Well, it was to be the first FE for lots of people. A faint connection at best?

8 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

You know how Transformers started off as a Japanese property but America basically took it over on the spot and now it's pretty much unanimously considered a Western IP?

Same principle here. Sure, the original name was Encounter but most people will use the name Together We Ride because that name took it over. Even non-Fire Emblem fans that at least know of the series know of Together We Ride but if you ask them what Encounter is, they'll just give you question marks.

13 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

Quite frankly, FE7 really overdid it with the recycled music. It feels really lazy.

There are like two, three reused songs.

Also as Acacia mentioned, it was the first Fire Emblem in the West, nobody there knew any songs were reused.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

There are like two, three reused songs.

Also as Acacia mentioned, it was the first Fire Emblem in the West, nobody there knew any songs were reused.

Story 5 Encounter
Each Map's Victory
Stratagem
Lover 1

Not counting the main theme and various Vendor and Arena themes. Although the recycling of the FE1 shop and arena lobby themes only started with FE6.

I suppose it would be one thing if they were just cute nods hidden somewhere, but the Encounter theme, Stratagem and Each Map's Victory play ALL THE DAMN time. The Lover theme is the only once that's at least a little obscured.

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Smash also insists on naming the Black Knight the Dark Knight, still not being intelligent enough to realise that's his JP name.

That's intelligence for ya. 10/10

Wow. I never noticed that. Such incredible attention to detail. >.>