• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Indeed. I have alot of sealed games, collector editions, etc. My collection is... huge.

I would love to get more special / limited editions, but I mainly buy digital copies simply because they are on sale unlike physical copies in most cases (Dragon Quest XI is the only exception which comes in mind).

The launch edition of Cold Steel III (including very little soundtrack) is the only kinda special edition I own.

I got the limited edition of Fates which I just used to make lot of money from it (you may hate for this).

Just now, Julian Teehee said:

I would love to get more special / limited editions, but I mainly buy digital copies simply because they are on sale unlike physical copies in most cases (Dragon Quest XI is the only exception which comes in mind).

The launch edition of Cold Steel III (including very little soundtrack) is the only kinda special edition I own.

I got the limited edition of Fates which I just used to make lot of money from it (you may hate for this).

With download times like mine, that's not so reliable. And besides, I like to display my limited edition items!

36 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

@twilitfalchion you mentioned the PS4 having issues? I actually think that its just me at this point.

From what I’ve heard from others (I don’t have a PS4 myself), the PS4 has overall had more technical issues than the PS3 ever did. For example, I got my PS3 in 2008 and it still works perfectly.

I just saw a very funny conversation in Fate/Extra, one that I thought I should share with all of you, so I went back and redid it to make screenshots.
(Spoilers for post size reasons and in case you don't give a damn, which I wouldn't blame you for):

Spoiler

jqDqF6J.pngLUQxiT8.pngAr9BSgc.png2XJydXq.pnggO97AvH.pngJ4vqkVE.pngios2uno.pngTEWomAZ.pngjRAenVL.pngcJ5NxWY.pngQAer2vl.pngL7waXxt.pngkpfVqxr.pngmAmsItX.pngjzYsIkp.pngi2oCFB2.pngy6mvOIa.pnghAZCmJs.pngQZkfbRC.pngmO45dSz.pngcHJ5p5Q.pngO8kex7W.pngpVkKXXY.pngBE3fBve.pngj9Nt3r8.pngCf7OXlq.png5pEdB8w.pngWdMINcq.pngYTPGv9l.pngIZjDEF7.png

Reminder that I'm playing this as the female MC, whom I'm liking more every second.

I am very happy I picked Rin to save. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I just saw a very funny conversation in Fate/Extra, one that I thought I should share with all of you, so I went back and redid it to make screenshots.
(Spoilers for post size reasons and in case you don't give a damn, which I wouldn't blame you for):

Hide contents

jqDqF6J.pngLUQxiT8.pngAr9BSgc.png2XJydXq.pnggO97AvH.pngJ4vqkVE.pngios2uno.pngTEWomAZ.pngjRAenVL.pngcJ5NxWY.pngQAer2vl.pngL7waXxt.pngkpfVqxr.pngmAmsItX.pngjzYsIkp.pngi2oCFB2.pngy6mvOIa.pnghAZCmJs.pngQZkfbRC.pngmO45dSz.pngcHJ5p5Q.pngO8kex7W.pngpVkKXXY.pngBE3fBve.pngj9Nt3r8.pngCf7OXlq.png5pEdB8w.pngWdMINcq.pngYTPGv9l.pngIZjDEF7.png

I am very happy I picked Rin. XD

Fun fact: Archer comes from a version of Saber route where he couldn't save Saber.

6 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Although

iirc Extra Archer has a different Backstory than F/SN's one

@Caster Can you de/confirm this?

To figure this out is why I picked him over Nero or Tamamo.
And so far, I have more questions than answers, because he alludes to F/SN a lot (for example, he knows Shinji, calls Kirei shady "even as an NPC", and of course the conversation above). But the Extra timeline differs from the F/SN one entirely as far as I'm aware (it branched off somewhere in the 1970s, I believe), so... ???

Edited by DragonFlames

EX_suVaWAAUKv8t?format=jpg&name=large

Made this meme a few months ago and i'm bringing it back because Origami King is good actually.

That Nintendo Treehouse stream did a poor job at showcasing the game imo. Moving all the pieces into place when there's a bunch of enemies and taking all of them out in one turn is honestly satisfying. Even if the combat was actually useless, i could still find genuine enjoyment out of it.

Also the music is GOATED. The Autumn Mountain theme is so good

2 hours ago, Caster said:

gnh7hHR.png

*insert "illusion of choice" meme here*

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:
  Reveal hidden contents

vVkO7r8.png

tenor.gif

They threw the word subtlety right out the window with that one.

I would post the Joseph Joestar "NICE" gif here but it somehow feels wrong in this situation.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

6fz5fzz6sfv11.png

IMG_20190420_1312552.jpg?width=431&height=431

12 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

6fz5fzz6sfv11.png

Me trying to wrap my head around it be like
gU2tszx.jpg

On a different, more serious note, I liked the idea behind Fate/Extra: Last Encore to make a "what if Hakunon got rekt by the final boss instead?" kind of story.
Also, that Chibi Jeanne d'Arc is really adorable.

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I would post the Joseph Joestar "NICE" gif here but it somehow feels wrong in this situation.

Very, very wrong indeed.
These two are... more than a little bit... er... deranged.

Edited by DragonFlames

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Join us, Fate-ling to be!

Me running away from Fate lore

godzilla-vs-smog-monster10.gif

Real talk though, i'm actually not that interested in Fate, even if the character designs are dope. 

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

EX_suVaWAAUKv8t?format=jpg&name=large

Made this meme a few months ago and i'm bringing it back because Origami King is good actually.

That Nintendo Treehouse stream did a poor job at showcasing the game imo. Moving all the pieces into place when there's a bunch of enemies and taking all of them out in one turn is honestly satisfying. Even if the combat was actually useless, i could still find genuine enjoyment out of it.

Alright, I'mma gonna stop you right here. I don't want a carbon copy of TTYD. I'm honestly so sick of hearing this "argument" from people who like the newer games. 
We don't want "a copy of TTYD". I just want an actual RPG again. I don't like how Sticker Star -> Origami King are set up, gameplay, battle, etc. wise. It's not why I play the series. I don't like the stories of the newer games, because they feel like parodies of the Mario universe, instead of stories in the mario universe. I guess I wouldn't mind the funny settings and jokes if a series I loved didn't become something completely different and die for jokes.
The gameplay isn't anything I like or want, the story isn't, the aesthetic isn't (paper mario used to just be an aesthetic choice, not a gimmick). It's not a game I like or want anymore, so I'm not going to buy it.
I don't care if it's "a step in the right direction" well, I guess they are, but considering they were like 100 miles apart from the older games, I would rather not take 100 more titles to get back to where we started.
The series, as long as it stays this way, isn't for me anymore, and I'll admit it, you can like this game all you want, but I will never appreciate it, because it's not something I like or want anymore, if you do, it's all good man, but I'm just annoyed looking at this series I love nowadays, as it is nothing like it was when I enjoyed it. Super Paper Mario was different, but still held true to what I liked about the prior two games.

By the by!
One thing that's missing from that timeline: where's the White Titan? Is Sephyr Extraverse only or is it canon to the entirety of Fate?
Also, this doesn't explain how the Stay Night/Zero Servants know each other/reference the events of those series in Extella and Extella Link.
UNLESS the Throne of Heroes is actually the same across all dimensions and timelines...

I should stop asking questions, before my head explodes...

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, Caster said:

I just want an actual RPG again.

Everything you said I agree with, but this especially is why Sticker Star and Color Splash bored me and I never finished them (I also never played 64, TTYD, and SPM, so no nostalgia to influence my opinions). Without EXP there is little incentive to battle at all. Coins aren't enough. If Mario never really gains anything from battling, why even have it be turn-based? Make it like an action RPG and have all combat take place on the map in real time. At least it would make more sense since Mario has no stats to increase.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

By the by!
One thing that's missing from that timeline: where's the White Titan? Is Sephyr Extraverse only or is it canon to the entirety of Fate?
Also, this doesn't explain how the Stay Night/Zero Servants know each other/reference the events of those series in Extella and Extella Link.
UNLESS the Throne of Heroes is actually the same across all dimensions and timelines...

I should stop asking questions, before my head explodes...

it is implied that Servants summoned in Extraverse (and Grandorder) remember their grail wars...

Is kinda a retcon, but at the same time, eh, not the biggest or worst one (most of those are related to our dear Saber lol)

5 minutes ago, Caster said:

Alright, I'mma gonna stop you right here. I don't want a carbon copy of TTYD. I'm honestly so sick of hearing this "argument" from people who like the newer games.

This was a meme i made in jest. Months ago. I apologize if you got offended by it but the meme was meant as a funny haha.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Without EXP there is little incentive to battle at all. Coins aren't enough.

Honestly, with how expensive shit is in Origami King and how useful the equippables are, coins might as well be the EXP this time around. The coins gotten on the field are way too little compared to how much you can get from battles. Same goes for confetti.

One of the complaints of the previous two games wasn't neccisarily "there's no EXP", it was "the game gives you too much free shit for battles to mean anything". I can't say that really applies to Origami King. Cause you can have EXP and still have combat be pointless. See: Final Fantasy 8, where everything scales with your levels.

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

it is implied that Servants summoned in Extraverse (and Grandorder) remember their grail wars...

Thought so!

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Is kinda a retcon, but at the same time, eh, not the biggest or worst one (most of those are related to our dear Saber lol)

I remember in Stay Night, they said the only reason Saber remembers the past Grail War (i.e. Fate/Zero) is because the summoning was botched, and that Servants normally aren't supposed to remember anything when they're summoned again (could be wrong, of course).
If they retconned this, then I agree, it's not the biggest deal in the world. I think it's more interesting that they do remember. And they've stuck with this explanation ever since (in Extra: Last Encore, Nero remembers the events of that timeline's Extra, for example), so I don't mind, because at least they're keeping the retcon consistent.

Edited by DragonFlames