Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

True or not, the disgust is still real.

Swanson Kage moment.

I swear, Marth/Caeda, debatably Runan/Enteh and like, fucking Sherlock/Ophelia are his only good romances.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Tbf, Conquest is the most ''Kaga''-FE of the modern era, atleast gameplay wise.

What do some people (including me) describe it as sometimes? An actually hard Thracia

That checks out. It's even got the horrible lategame!

...I swear, I am so looking forward to going back to that. I want to see how that looks like when your team doesn't blow.

You know what Conquest does lack, though? The beautiful, beautiful Kaga-style gameplay-story integration. How many people retreat? I lost count, but "way too many" is a good estimation.

In Nyx's defense, she actually acts her chronological age. Unlike someone like Nowi who prefers to acts like a child, even if in Manakete terms she'd have outlived that phase. Which is what people find most off-putting when it comes to these characters. Specially when they are in games that let you pair them up. Like, I don't think there's that much backslash to characters like Fae or Child Tiki, since you can't do that with them. Not that it stops some people... but well, they're more of a minority in those aspects.

Anyway... Population Tab:

ZJ7DRu3.png

As I once mentioned, Victoria 2 POPs only factor Adult Males, and only accounts them as 25% of the total population. So for 86.20M adult males, the entire Empire in total has ~344.80 Million people total. Which... doesn't sound like a lot, considering how vast it is, but well, they do they.

Also, the large colonial portion of the Empire accounts for Farmers still being over half the populace. Also, game has this curious bit that Religious assimilation hardly happens. If you want a POP to switch religion in most cases, they have to assimilate culturally as well. If I have like 16.7% Sunni POPs, is because of the lack of Religious assimilation. Otherwise, the total Catholics would be way much higher than 71.5%.

Not shown, but I am at the point I receive over 10K Adult Males as immigrants daily (40K population total then). I put a section to show just how varied it can be. Like, Jagua in Cuba has from Yankees to Japanese to Finnish. At least when it comes to Clerks. Still, Japanese be quite a big minority there.

Funny, culturally Mexicans are only 22.3% of the Empire... and still managed to be the largest group. Hehehe...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

10 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Interesing seeing some of the states that manage to survive and the changes made and all-

>Independent Ireland (Or at least as much as could be expected from a Victorian start)

Quite. Though some of them are states resurfaced. I mentioned this already, but Germany got the Dismantle Empire CB inflicted on them. Which created a rump Bavaria, Schleswig, Luxembourg regaining independence (they had annexed it as well), and the curious Polish buffer corridor or Silessia, Poznan, Pomerelia, and Danzig.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In Nyx's defense, she actually acts her chronological age.

Yes, I think you've put it better than I could've. This is what makes me find her a bit more... tolerable let's say, than the rest. She actually does feel like an adult trapped in a child's body, unlike Nowi and Sothis for whom it feels more like a cheap excuse. The game likes to claim that she acts way older than she looks, but honestly, Sothis is just a brat.

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Can i take this opportunity to recommend Tales of Vesperia to anyone interested? XD

I'm not interested, but please, by all means, do give me reason to be.

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, I think you've put it better than I could've. This is what makes me find her a bit more... tolerable let's say, than the rest. She actually does feel like an adult trapped in a child's body, unlike Nowi and Sothis for whom it feels more like a cheap excuse. The game likes to claim that she acts way older than she looks, but honestly, Sothis is just a brat.

I mean, have you seen how some mythological gods act? Sothis might be quite on point.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I mean, have you seen how some mythological gods act? Sothis might be quite on point.

Ahahaha... Okay, that's a fair point. There really are some petty assholes in there, aren't there...

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I am so looking forward to going back to that

Think outside the box and you might develop some next level strats that make you love it.

Like i used to despise Ryoma's chapter, then i did this

EhJwjp6.png

still hate the chapter tho xD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Think outside the box and you might develop some next level strats that make you love it.

EhJwjp6.png

Actually, I did rather enjoy this one. I did... well, not exactly this, but I did pull a 5000 IQ play out of my behind for this one.

It's Takumi's Fun Castle that I'm dreading to face again. That chapter seems like it sucks no matter what.

3 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

EhJwjp6.png

Fight passed the pain!

Trade Tab:

aUXVMYI.png

Not much to explain here... in the sense of wanting to explain. Suffice to say, market behavior can become quite interesting. Since you can do stuff like flood the market with goods and cause their prices to drop. Anything not used by a country is sent to the international market, and buyer priority goes to overall ranking. So if you're the top spot you get the lion's share of the market.

To give an example of market behaviors. Look at the Canned Food goods I selected. Prices are shown to be down, barely rising only to drop again. Why it's so low? Well...

JKcH0dv.png

It's overproduced. Look at that. I make 26.68% of Canned Food of the world. From that, I only use a fraction of what I produce. As a result, the rest is sent to the world market... and with that many units, prices drop like a rock.

And it's similar for other goods, while in others I am the one having to buy from the world market. As the 3rd Ranking GP, at least I can get easier access than most of the world.

Just now, Wraith said:

Fight passed the pain!

What?

How can you do this? This is outrageous. It's unfair!

How can you be a literature-obsessed boomer and make a typo?

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Can i take this opportunity to recommend Tales of Vesperia to anyone interested? XD

I still have yet to finish Abyss, but Vesperia does look quite nice.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

he actually does feel like an adult trapped in a child's body,

Gonna be honest here. Nyx doesn't look any different to me than the rest of (most of) Fates' cast as far as age goes. Most of them are teens. Nyx looks the same to me. Idk.

Just now, twilitfalchion said:

Gonna be honest here. Nyx doesn't look any different to me than the rest of (most of) Fates' cast as far as age goes. Most of them are teens. Nyx looks the same to me. Idk.

Even then, Corrin does note she looks Elise's age. Who is around 15, so...

As it is, Nyx's actual age is somewhere in the... closer to 100 than 0 now, most likely. Damn, she found biological immortality on accident! Unless what she did was simply stunt her body's maturation and she still aging. The two are actually separate process, believe it or not.

16 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In Nyx's defense, she actually acts her chronological age.

Adults do NOT feel the need to emphasize their age and how young everyone else is compared to them in every single line.

This kind of obsession with age is... well, childish.

1 minute ago, BrightBow said:

Adults do NOT feel the need to emphasize their age and how young everyone else is compared to them in every single line.

Yeah, we emphasize how younger we are compared to everyone else 😛

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I'm not interested, but please, by all means, do give me reason to be.

Your loss Ruben, your loss. 

5 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

I still have yet to finish Abyss, but Vesperia does look quite nice.

Someone obviously has a good eye here. Thank you for being sensible! XD

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

While Three Houses was out there ripping off Berwick Saga and Genealogy,

Three Houses ripping off fe4... huh? Let’s see, we have holy blood and weapons, and........ that’s it..?

Wait, Three Houses is a rip-off of Berwick? Heck, I need to play this game.

Just now, BrightBow said:

This kind of obsession with age is... well, childish.

Thing is, it's not born out of childishness. It's born out of frustration. Since people are not going to deduce she is not her appearance's age. We see Nyx after she has been confused for a child hundreds if not thousands of time. Unless she had the patient of a saint, she will lash out.

It's more "old people grouchiness at the young whippersnappers" (TM) than childish.

Just now, Sooks said:

Three Houses ripping off fe4... huh? Let’s see, we have holy blood and weapons, and........ that’s it..?

Wait, Three Houses is a rip-off of Berwick? Heck, I need to play this game.

Don't forget the whole generations deal.