Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Sooks said:

Yeah @Shrimperor, didn’t you say SC is considered to be the best game in the series?

SC and Ao are usually the highest rated ones.

Imo SC has the better Characters, while Ao has the better Story.

I like SC more because Ao introduced the stuff that made me hate the series later, and because characters are more important to me than story.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Took 9 days for Yamato to join. I'll go grab a snack and... Honestly? I'll just go right back to it, because Imgbox is still down so I can't do my LP shenanigans. I hope the issue is fixed soon, whatever it is.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Tbf, I've only played FC and SC, but I consider SC to be in the top five games I've ever played if that tells you anything. FC is awesome, and SC is a masterpiece, IMO.

28 bucks... Oof. I hope I don't enjoy FC.

As far as Estelle and Joshua, I don’t really have an opinion on either of them, they’re not bad but so far they have yet to really be great either. Estelle is quite likable though, and I am interested in Joshua’s backstory so they both have something at least.

I like SC more because Ao introduced the stuff that made me hate the series later, and because characters are more important to me than story.

Do you mean the romance mechanic thing?

Edited by Sooks

Haha

I bought every game post SC (which i bought the moment i finished FC) until CS2 hour 1 lol.

Even when i was short of money, i got it hour 1. Not many things used to beat Trails in my life.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Do you mean the romance mechanic thing?

Yes.

Well, it started in zero tbf, but it wasn't that bad there (still quite bad tho). Ao took it to the next level and it  all went downhill from there.

Lloyd was also just alpha Rean. Nowhere as good as Estelle & Kevin.

Edited by Shrimperor

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Kevin

Kevin is quite possibly the best name I've ever heard for a Fantasy game protagonist.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

That said, the Kevin that for me first comes to mind is Trials of Mana's Kevin.

I don't know how to feel about the fact that for me it's The Last Promise's Kevin.

4 minutes ago, Benice said:

Kevin is quite possibly the best name I've ever heard for a Fantasy game protagonist.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Season 2 Episode 10 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Haha.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A purple haired lady just showed up. I think she’s that Kloe Rinz that Twilit likes.

xAGW3ju.png

Just now, DragonFlames said:

And the Kevin that comes to my mind first is the dude from FE9 who is commonly known by his other name, Kieran.
Yes, they changed him to Kevin for the German version. Who the heck knows why.

Same reason Innes is changed to James in the Spanish version.

...What's with European localizations and changing people's names to the most hilariously common names in existence? What's next, an armor knight called Joe?

And the Kevin that comes to my mind first is the dude from FE9 who is commonly known by his other name, Kieran.

Oh, that's interesting. Didn't know that.

Screenshot_3132.png?width=766&height=432

Very cool how i was given this event and i literally won't be able to do it for a good while because it results in ash.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Oh yeah, I just remembered, if MelonDS works well enough for you for Soma Bringer, you might wish to consider going back to the older numbered Rune Factories. RF5 might release ten days from now in Japan, but we haven't a release date for the West. I will warn you to go back to RF3 first, it'll be the least jarring, although it is a short game.

I didn't even consider that but that does sound like a good idea. 

19 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Nowhere as good as Estelle & Kevin.

You say that but Estelle and Kevin don't use the Yu-Gi-Oh card holders as weapons so really, who's not as good as who? Checkmate.

3 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In Japan he is also Kevin. Maybe it's a coincidence, since I don't think the German translation reverted all names back to their Japanese originals.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...What's with European localizations and changing people's names to the most hilariously common names in existence? What's next, an armor knight called Joe?

Other countries need to be special.

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

xAGW3ju.png

That’s the one.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Same reason Innes is changed to James in the Spanish version.

Wait, really?
Oh boy! xD

...What's with European localizations and changing people's names to the most hilariously common names in existence?

That is a very, very good question. xD

I mean, I can understand Mist to Alja, and Haar to Darahan.
Mist is German for 'crap'
And Haar is German for, well, hair. So...
Astrid to Stella is weird, since Astrid is a very common name, while Stella... isn't (at least in Germany).

What's next, an armor knight called Joe?

Don't give them ideas! x.x

1 minute ago, Acacia Sgt said:

In Japan he is also Kevin. Maybe it's a coincidence, since I don't think the German translation reverted all names back to their Japanese originals.

Most likely a coincidence, since Mia is still Mia and not... Wayu.
The hell kinda name is Wayu, anyhow?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Other countries need to be special.

Yeah, stupid non-American countries and their egocentrism. They should all learn to be as humble as America, God bless it.

Mist is German for 'crap'

I thought "mist" in German was "D'oh I missed."

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Astrid to Stella is weird, since Astrid is a very common name, while Stella... isn't (at least in Germany).

I would say they changed it to sound more exotic, but then they changed Kieran to fucking Kevin, so... Who even knows.