Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

I wonder if I should go ahead with DQVI...

Spoiler

That T 'n' T Board truly lives to its name of Stark Ravin' Mad. I might still make at least one attempt at a time.

Or I can go ahead and just go beat Estark within the turn limit.

... also I don't know what took hold of me to go back to playing an MMO's... but damn, it sure makes one feel overwhelmed over all the things to do. I forgot that feeling, hahaha...

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Draggy is in full Hype mode now.
I got to one of my absolute favorite parts of Megadimension Neptunia VII and one of my favorite boss fights in all of video games.

I'll put it in spoilers, since Karimlan is playing the game, too, it seems (One of us! One of us!)

Spoiler

xrcw8v8.jpg

And I also finally know the reason why a specific boss fight in a certain Fate game I played recently was so good for me.

Spoiler

fMIUSti.jpg

Also, guess who hilariously got the final hit in?

Spoiler

t0GTmAa.jpg

*smiiile*

Bonus:

Spoiler

abN9DcV.jpg

Best sisters.

Also, quite hilariously, the game runs better in handheld mode than it does in TV mode. This isn't an issue for me, since I almost exclusively play games on Switch in handheld mode anyway, but it bears mentioning for those who'd rather play on the bigger screen.

Also, also, something about the different VOs in the game:

Spoiler

I'm playing with Japanese voices on, something I haven't done in a while, and I gotta say... I really prefer Uzume in English. Her Japanese voice is fine, but whenever she tries to yell (which is often, considering who she is), it sounds like nails on a chalkboard.
On the other side of the fence, Purple Heart's Japanese voice sounds a lot more natural than her English one. The English voice actress does a good job with her, but she tries too hard to give Purple Heart a mature air and this results in sometimes stiff line delivery. Also, her Japanese voice gives me goosebumps (in a positive sense) whenever I hear it, but that's beside the point.

---

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

New character Serri Glaus. She's an Oren, just like Lila.

And also like a character that wouldn't be out of place in Nights of Azure, also like Lila.
Interesting!

There's also some *ahem* horny pre-order posters for the Japanese version, because of course.

Of course.

They are really pushing for Ryza/Klaudia here.

Ever since Nights of Azure came out, Gust seems to have embraced the yuri.

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

And another one 😄

Soon the whole forum will play Nep and Trails!

Would be cool if we can get a classic Trails badge (or anyone but Alisa) and a Nep badge hehehe

What have you done, Shrimp-Kun, what have you done?

If anyone's looking for a good shmup-like/platformer/run 'n gun game to play, Velocity 2X is great. I tried it at the recommendation of a friend and I've really enjoyed playing it so far. Apparently it got great reviews, but I hadn't heard of it until recently. It has a nice amount of content and is good in short bursts. I'm not typically into shmups, but I think this one is pretty solid. The soundtrack is pretty banging as well.

I kinda sound like I'm shilling this game, but I'm honestly not. I just started playing it yesterday and thought I'd mention it if someone else would be interested as well.

Edited by twilitfalchion

3 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, guess who hilariously got the final hit in?

Reveal hidden contents

t0GTmAa.jpg

*smiiile*

Bonus:

Reveal hidden contents

abN9DcV.jpg

Best sisters.

Also, quite hilariously, the game runs better in handheld mode than it does in TV mode. This isn't an issue for me, since I almost exclusively play games on Switch in handheld mode anyway, but it bears mentioning for those who'd rather play on the bigger screen.

Also, also, something about the different VOs in the game:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm playing with Japanese voices on, something I haven't done in a while, and I gotta say... I really prefer Uzume in English. Her Japanese voice is fine, but whenever she tries to yell (which is often, considering who she is), it sounds like nails on a chalkboard.
On the other side of the fence, Purple Heart's Japanese voice sounds a lot more natural than her English one. The English voice actress does a good job with her, but she tries too hard to give Purple Heart a mature air and this results in sometimes stiff line delivery. Also, her Japanese voice gives me goosebumps (in a positive sense) whenever I hear it, but that's beside the point.

Are we spoiling things for a reason?

Spoiler

Wait, Nepgya is literally another Nepgear, statistically and everything?

CPU's and the Candidates are always adorable!

Really? I thought that Purple Heart sounded fine, actually. I never played with JP voices, so I can't say on the other side, but I liked the English just fine.

Uzume is Celica, without a doubt! Is it just me, or am I hearing her voice everywhere?

4 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll put it in spoilers, since Karimlan is playing the game, too, it seems (One of us! One of us!)

Reveal hidden contents

I really don't mind spoilers (much), but thanks 😄

The game was on sale and had the free DLC, so I figured "What the hell," and bought it.

21 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Are we spoiling things for a reason?

I spoilered stuff, because Karimlan is playing the game now as well, and I don't want to accidentally spoil anything for him.

22 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Wait, Nepgya is literally another Nepgear, statistically and everything?

Statistically, she's slightly different, but she has the same skills Nepgear does, so their role in combat is basically the same.
She also doesn't have an HDD form and it doesn't lower your shares if she gets hit or dies in combat.

24 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Really? I thought that Purple Heart sounded fine, actually. I never played with JP voices, so I can't say on the other side, but I liked the English just fine.

I also think she's fine, I just think the Japanese one sounds more natural, is all. The English dub for Megadimension Neptunia VII is overall very good, in some cases better than the Japanese one (Uzume and Compa, for example, sound better in the English version in my opinion).

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

CPU's and the Candidates are always adorable!

That they are!

25 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Uzume is Celica, without a doubt! Is it just me, or am I hearing her voice everywhere?

Yep, that's right!
She voiced a lot of characters in recent games, yeah. For example, she was Futaba in Persona 5, and Vita Clothilde in Trails, too.

2 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

I really don't mind spoilers (much), but thanks 😄

No problem!

3 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

The game was on sale and had the free DLC, so I figured "What the hell," and bought it.

It's one of my favorite games of all time, so I hope you're having a good time with it!

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Enlightment

4apwcg.jpg

Can't speak for Nep, but Trails enlightenment has been pretty amazing.

And an Estelle badge would be awesome.

Edited by twilitfalchion

6 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

If we ever get a Nep badge, I'm using it

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

And an Estelle badge would be awesome.

Can we suggest Badges somewhere?

I mean, we have some non-FE badges (Alisa, Madoka, etc) so maybe if enough people ask for it we can get one?

Just now, Shrimperor said:

Can we suggest Badges somewhere?

I mean, we have some non-FE badges (Alisa, Madoka, etc) so maybe if enough people ask for it we can get one?

Maybe in site content?

Edited by twilitfalchion

Well, I sent a message to a mod asking about it. It would be nice to have a few extras for different series that are popular on the forums.

How there isn't a Titania badge is beyond me.

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

I need to get everyone to play Ys, so everyone can join my holy trinity of Ys/FE/Nep

Sometime I will try an Ys game, I'm just not sure when.

Edited by twilitfalchion

Y’know what would be nice? The ability to upload custom member badges from our own files, so long as they conform to forum rules. That would be an easier option than creating individual member badges for specific characters, I think at least.