Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

Y’know what would be nice? The ability to upload custom member badges from our own files, so long as they conform to forum rules. That would be an easier option than creating individual member badges for specific characters, I think at least.

Agreed.

---

And I finally finished Dragon Quest V...
Hoo boy. You guys are going to hate me for this, I can see it already.
It's probably the first game that pitches its tent firmly in the "it's not for me" territory that I've actually beaten. If I had to sum my experience with the thing in one word, it would be tedious. But there was some stuff to like, too.
The writing has charm, for one. The many different accents of the characters as well as the characters themselves are just charming.I also liked the few humorous parts the game has. You may recall my post from the marriage scene. That was a funny one. I liked that it's more about the journey than an actual story.

Spoiler

Flora.Ludman.full.2165261.png

^ This was the highlight for me, and the only character I actually cared about.

In the end, I apologize, but it didn't capture me as other games managed to do.
Sorry to all the fans that it has.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Agreed.

---

And I finally finished Dragon Quest V...
Hoo boy. You guys are going to hate me for this, I can see it already.
It's probably the first game that pitches its tent firmly in the "it's not for me" territory that I've actually beaten. If I had to sum my experience with the thing in one word, it would be tedious. But there was some stuff to like, too.
The writing has charm, for one. The many different accents of the characters as well as the characters themselves are just charming.I also liked the few humorous parts the game has. You may recall my post from the marriage scene. That was a funny one. I liked that it's more about the journey than an actual story.

Reveal hidden contents

Flora.Ludman.full.2165261.png

^ This was the highlight for me, and the only character I actually cared about.

In the end, I apologize, but it didn't capture me as other games managed to do.
Sorry to all the fans that it has.

I still stand by that I think you would actually like DQXI as long as you play it better than this game, so.

Edited by Caster

@Shrimperor I showed you a clip of how bonkers Xenoblade X combat like a week ago (i think) is so i thought i'd show you the same for Xenoblade 2 (no spoilers here). The caption is poking fun at the misconception that combat is slow.

For context, he's speedrunning the game. Again.

5 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Ever since Nights of Azure came out, Gust seems to have embraced the yuri.

Idk if they're gonna fully embrace the yuri for Atelier Ryza because Atelier has kinda comitted itself to not explicitly have any sort of romantic relationships. It'll imply but it won't commit. I think that's part of the reason why Lulua is only Rorona's adopted daughter and not her biological one (everyone pre-release thought Sterk and Rorona finally got together).

3 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

@Armagon

Here ya go!

2135824910_XenoGames.jpg.f3ef840e7fd026ee9b967fff05a2d1a1.jpg

Be jealous of my nice collection!

Very nice. I will say, i would've thought you had Torna physically, even if just for the collector's value.

Also where is Xenogears?

40 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Sometime I will try an Ys game, I'm just not sure when.

Ys 8 on sale for $30 right now on the eShop. Seems to go on sale semi-regularly.

Only reason i haven't gotten it yet is because i still haven't beaten Ys 7.

13 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Y’know what would be nice? The ability to upload custom member badges from our own files, so long as they conform to forum rules. That would be an easier option than creating individual member badges for specific characters, I think at least.

I'm genuianly surprised this was never an option tbh. We can upload headers and sigs of our own, why not badges.

I need Xeno badges.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I showed you a clip of how bonkers Xenoblade X combat like a week ago (i think) is so i thought i'd show you the same for Xenoblade 2 (no spoilers here). The caption is poking fun at the misconception that combat is slow.

Atleast Auto-attack wise it looks quite a bit faster

Auto attacks take forever in XB1

gotta say though, Xenoblade is one of those games you really can't watch xD

4 minutes ago, Caster said:

I still stand by that I think you would actually like DQXI as long as you play it better than this game, so.

We'll see!
After what you've told me, I'll keep it on my radar.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Idk if they're gonna fully embrace the yuri for Atelier Ryza because Atelier has kinda comitted itself to not explicitly have any sort of romantic relationships. It'll imply but it won't commit. I think that's part of the reason why Lulua is only Rorona's adopted daughter and not her biological one (everyone pre-release thought Sterk and Rorona finally got together).

Implications are sometimes all that's needed.
I think the main reason Lulua is only Rorona's adopted daughter is because the fanbase would have gone nuts if the father was not Sterk.

Just now, Shrimperor said:

gotta say though, Xenoblade is one of those games you really can't watch xD

Oh yeah aboslutely. You can show people clips of funny hahas but you really need to actually play to fully understand.

It's why i refrain from actually giving my views on Xenoblade X combat. I can say "haha Overdrive go brrr" all i want but i can't make a genuine opinion on it yet. 

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

We'll see!
After what you've told me, I'll keep it on my radar.

DQ11 S has a 10 hour demo (yes actually) on the eShop. You get to play the first 10 hours for free and if you like it, you can buy the whole thing and carry over your data.

And yeah, S is the version of the game you'd want. Switch exclusive for now, other platforms won't be getting it until later this year.

2 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I think the main reason Lulua is only Rorona's adopted daughter is because the fanbase would have gone nuts if the father was not Sterk.

I mean, she isn't either way xD.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And yeah, S is the version of the game you'd want. Switch exclusive for now, other platforms won't be getting it until later this year.

I stressed this already, don't worry.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

DQ11 S has a 10 hour demo (yes actually) on the eShop. You get to play the first 10 hours for free and if you like it, you can buy the whole thing and carry over your data.

Oh, neat!
Thank you for telling me about this! 🙂

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I mean, she isn't either way xD.

True. XD

I found some cool Fairy Fencer f fanart for the fanart request thread. I liked it so much I just thought I'd post it here, too, for good measure:
g81y7yavwxm01.png
Tiara ending best ending.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 minute ago, twilitfalchion said:

@Shrimperor@DragonFlames@Armagon

Is that the suggestion that you all think should be posted in Member Feedback about member badges then? I'd be glad to post the topic if that's the case.

Unless one of you would like to do it?

Go right ahead!
Sorry if it seems like I'm pusing this onto you, but I'm terrible when it comes to asking for stuff.

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Go right ahead!
Sorry if it seems like I'm pusing this onto you, but I'm terrible when it comes to asking for stuff.

I am too. No worries, it didn't seem that way.

I'd honestly love to see an option like that myself.

2 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Is that the suggestion that you all think should be posted in Member Feedback about member badges then? I'd be glad to post the topic if that's the case.

Go ahead 😄

thanks for doing this for us

18 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Oh, neat!
Thank you for telling me about this! 🙂

True. XD

I found some cool Fairy Fencer f fanart for the fanart request thread. I liked it so much I just thought I'd post it here, too, for good measure:
g81y7yavwxm01.png
Tiara ending best ending.

I saw the black hair first and thought this was Sterk on account that we were just talking about Atelier.

Then i saw the full image.

8 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

@Shrimperor@DragonFlames@Armagon

Unless one of you would like to do it?

Go ahead!

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I saw the black hair first and thought this was Sterk on account that we were just talking about Atelier.

Then i saw the full image.

To be fair, Fang kind of looks like Sterkenburg "Sterk" Steckel Strudel Storker-bargen Cranach.
This is why Meruru will always be in my top 3 Atelier protagonists. XD

1 minute ago, Shrimperor said:

Aahaha

this is the first time i see his full name

There's two recurring jokes regarding Sterk

• He has a scary face
  • People find it hard to pronounce his full name so they just give him nicknames.

By the time he's in his 40s, he's like "yeah yeah, i know".

2 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Aahaha

this is the first time i see his full name

I forgot the Sterky Rorona gave him back in her game. Damn it!

His actual name is just Sterkenburg Cranach.
He has the Neptune syndrome in that nobody can pronounce his name correctly, so he lets people call him Sterk.
Those other names are Meruru trying (and failing) to remember/pronounce his name. XD