• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

4 minutes ago, Robert Stewart said:

Is it worth using the Elder Cornelius to kill Hooke in Vs Chapter 2, or is there another way to do it? :thonk:

It's possible to do it without the Elder Cornelius, but it's difficult, and considering it has 2 uses, it seems pretty obvious to me that the intended course of action is to use it there.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Scientific fun fact of the day, longstanding romantic partners may naturally sync their breathing patterns, heart rates, and brain waves.

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Screenshot_3762.png?width=769&height=432

Ah, an OG2 reference that you couldn't understand. Indeed, relative to Xenosaga, the Shadow Mirrors would be behind them in some technological facets. Although I would imagine there are more than enough other entities in the OGverse, the result of being a mishmash of so many games, capable of matching other technological aspects of the Xenosaga world. The Zuvorg and Balmarians know how to do interstellar travel involving space armadas at least.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Hell. This is hell.

Getting the "Whyyyyy is this an SRPG?" feeling again?😛

5 hours ago, Shrimperor said:

I actually did it legit 😛

Well, on rematch/hard mode for True ending i cheesed it as well

I won't say it's amazing or anything, especially since it's just VC1 ch7 reskinned, but it wasn't super bad.

My reference to the game's enemy valkyrie seems to have gone unnoticed, I wasn't talking about the final battle, I was speaking of the last fight with The Bad Dude & His Girlfriend. The final battle I did save & reset until my Grenadier got all the radiators in one go, but that isn't relevant here.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

32 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I don't see this as a reason. I mean, i see it as why we haven't gotten another Ys game without Adol but it seems irrelevant as to why he still remains silent.

Maybe they are afraid of changing something that has been there since the beginning to not piss their audience off. Especially since jp players aren't against silent protags as western players are afaik

30 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

That's a surprise considering Estelle exists.

Estelle #3

#2 makes me which i could nuke the modern Falcom fanbase out of existence

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I was speaking of the last fight with The Bad Dude & His Girlfriend

oh

i liked that map tho haha

It may interest @Acacia Sgt to know that in the Japanese version of this chapter, this song plays throughout the entire chapter

but the localized versions couldn't get the rights to this so the game just uses the existing player phase theme for each of the characters but wait, there's already SRW music in the game, why not this one.

Rights issues is also why PxZ's OP is instrumental whereas the Japanese version has the original song.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Getting the "Whyyyyy is this an SRPG?" feeling again?😛

Yes.

If all these enemies didn't have barrier and also didn't spawn in the middle of my group, things would be a lot smoother.

Not to mention the four bosses i have to deal with. Vile from Mega Man X, the Phantom from EF, the French Rabbit from Sakura Wars and some weird robot thing from Space Channel 5.

8 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

My reference to the game's enemy valkyrie seems to have gone unnoticed, I wasn't talking about the final battle, I was speaking of the last fight with The Bad Dude & His Girlfriend. The final battle I did save & reset until my Grenadier got all the radiators in one go, but that isn't relevant here.

Oh.

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Ah.

Don't even need to explain that one.

Oh, I'm well aware of the rights issue. That's pretty much why SRW never officially leaves East Asia. OG could break the trend, but now it's back at it due to voicing costs. Can't even just reuse the Japanese voices since you pay more for using the voices overseas.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Oh, I'm well aware of the rights issue. That's pretty much why SRW never officially leaves East Asia. OG could break the trend, but now it's back at it due to voicing costs. Can't even just reuse the Japanese voices since you pay more for using the voices overseas.

With how much of a clusterfuck of rights PxZ is, it's honestly kinda surprising SRW made it in at all.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

With how much of a clusterfuck of rights PxZ is, it's honestly kinda surprising SRW made it in at all.

Because it's only the OG elements. Which are much cheaper since they're owned by then Banpresto, now Bandai Spirits, itself.

Though stuff like certain music tracks must still pay to get released overseas, hence no Rocks.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

8 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Jp people like their self inserts

even freaking Byleth tops FE popularity results <.<

Though I'd also say familiarity. Being the main character puts you out there a lot, simply being in the public view makes for popularity.

Although it's hard to tell with self-inserts, because who ever heard of self-inserts off to the side? Barring FE7 Mark and XCX's Cross.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well SRW didn't make it into the sequel. Although, it is right at home in a crossover game, since that is the heart of the franchise. And, NxC did have a freelance SRW writer working on it, with PxZ being its successor, you could get poetic and say SRW is part of the spirit of PxZ.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Because it's only the OG elements. Which are much cheaper since they're owned by then Banpresto, now Bandai Spirits, itself.

Though stuff like certain music tracks must still pay to get released overseas, hence no Rocks.

I see.

So to make sure i got it, OG is SRW at it's purest, and then the crossover games are just....well, crossovers. Which seems to make up most of the franchise.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well SRW didn't make it into the sequel.

A shame, i really liked what i've seen of Sanger here.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

I see.

So to make sure i got it, OG is SRW at it's purest, and then the crossover games are just....well, crossovers. Which seems to make up most of the franchise.

No. The crossover is what SRW is at its purest. OG saga is basically crossover within crossover, since they took the OG elements of each individual SRW game, then had them crossover with each other. Since it was just the in-house elements, they could release them overseas, at least at first. Before problems arose with other stuff, like soundtracks and voice acting, making it unfeasible to take them out of Japan as well.

23 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Estelle #3

There’s a second Falcom Estelle?

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

There’s a second Falcom Estelle?

I think what he was saying is that his good friend Rean is #2 on the popularity poll.

And hey @Shrimperor at least you don't have a favorite who is dead last in series with hundreds of characters.

5 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

No. The crossover is what SRW is at its purest. OG saga is basically crossover within crossover, since they took the OG elements of each individual SRW game, then had them crossover with each other. Since it was just the in-house elements, they could release them overseas, at least at first. Before problems arose with other stuff, like soundtracks and voice acting, making it unfeasible to take them out of Japan as well.

Ah ok, i understand now.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I think what he was saying is that his good friend Rean is #2 on the popularity poll.

Yes, Shrimpy is very good friends with Rean.

Okay, time for FE12. Ready your lewds. Or don't. It doesn't matter either way, because I won't lose anyone.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Like you and I yeah

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

…oh I completely misunderstood his post. Lolz.

4 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And hey @Shrimperor at least you don't have a favorite who is dead last in series with hundreds of characters.

Isn’t that why he’s your favorite?

Okay, time for FE12. Ready your lewds. Or don't. It doesn't matter either way, because I won't lose anyone.

…This makes even me want to post anime.

I do have an idea, but it’s a video so you could just not watch it. Curses, foiled by free will.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Of the slap-slap-kiss variety?

Of the what?

I'll be waiting.

LeaSadist.png

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…This makes even me want to post anime.

I do have an idea, but it’s a video so you could just not watch it. Curses, foiled by free will.

Sooks, the mere thumbnail would spook him.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

so good, just seeing or mentioning him sours my mood

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, time for FE12. Ready your lewds. Or don't. It doesn't matter either way, because I won't lose anyone

what kinda lewds do you want so i can prepare them?