• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

11 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Isn’t that why he’s your favorite?

No, actually. I liked Frost years before he lost CyL. That just reassured me I made the right choice.

10 minutes ago, Sooks said:

…This makes even me want to post anime.

I need to stop tempting people.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I'll be waiting.

LeaSadist.png

Well, so far it's going swimmingly. I never know how to handle the Gotoh castle, and after some deliberation, I decided "fuck it, I'll go in with everything I have."

For a while it looked like I was headed straight for disaster, but I was able to kill enough people that nobody was at any risk of death by wisely using all of my forces. Even got Arlen and Wrys to enemy phase a few mages, so the next turns will be easier too. It was solid plays, uncharacteristic of me. I am very proud of me.

5 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

what kinda lewds do you want so i can prepare them?

Of the nonexistent kind.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Something like this:

https://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/slapslapkiss.jpg

.....I just thought of a dangerous shitpost but i think Shrimpy will just kill me if i do it so i will refrain.

Oh, btw @Eltosian Kadath since it's on a fantastic sale on Steam, should I get Dark Souls II or the Scholar of the First Sin version? They're only two dollars apart right now.

Wiped out the entire main force in the castle in two turns.

Blitzkrieg is the best strategy.

13 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

I understand

xoJn3EI.jpg

How dare you! Follow the rules, you bastard! I haven't died yet!

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

So to make sure i got it, OG is SRW at it's purest, and then the crossover games are just....well, crossovers. Which seems to make up most of the franchise.

OG, short for "Original Generation", refers to the OC characters and their mecha that Banpresto (also called "Banpresto Originals") has invented to serve as a "glue" between all the various mecha anime crossovers.

Banpresto Originals go back to second game in the franchise, 2nd Super Robot Wars, in 1991. The very first OG stuff was.:

• The heroic Masaki Andoh and his Cybuster.
  • Shu Shirakawa and his Granzon, a villain, later an anti-hero, and rival to Masaki. 
  • And the villain Bian Zoldark and his Valsion.

There are usually at least 2 OG heroes and a villain with cohorts + mechs for all, in each SRW game. Can be more than this.

Original Generations is a subseries of the SRW franchise that attempted to go international b/c no licensing issues. It was an effort that was ultimately canceled after the GBA games and first EF.

• Original Generations features the OG characters ripped from totally different games and adds yet more OCs to the mix.
    • For instance, in the first Original Generation game, Kyosuke and Ryusei exist together.
      • Ryusei debuted in Shin Super Robot Wars, and later was recycled for the Alpha tetralogy as well b/c they were attempting intra-Banpresto crossover with Alpha before they hit on the idea of Original Generations. 
      • Kyosuke debuted in Super Robot Wars Compact 2, which later had its three games merged into SRW Impact.
      • The point is, Ryusei and Kyosuke never met before, because they are from wholly separate dimensions.
  • Another important point, is that the Original Generation version of characters, with possibly one exception, are not the same as their debut game selves.
    • The Kyosuke of OG is not the same Kyosuke as the one from Compact/Impact.
    • How is this? Simple, all the characters in the OGverse grew up together in one world, or at least one set of dimensions separate from non-OG SRW dimensions. While Kyosuke was surviving a shuttle crash, Ryusei in the exact same world at the exact same moment was likely playing video games.
    • Characters generally follow the same beats as their first incarnations in the OGverse. They fight the same personal enemies and undergo the same development, albeit there are some differences.
      • Sanger, since you know him thanks to the PxZ, has the same deep friendship with a man named Ratsel in the Alpha games as he does in OG. He pilots the same giant robots, with the same personality, and the same mecha-sized Colossal Blade. You can't tell the two Sangers apart in these ways.
      • However, Alpha Gaiden (his debut game) Sanger's story role and OG Sanger have an... odd relationship. And Gilliam and Kai don't exist in Alpha, so Alpha Sanger can't have friendships with people he never met. 

And as Acacia said SRW started as anime crossovers, and that is its true spirit. Original Generations as a series is naught but a spinoff that has developed a cult following in itself, reliant on new non-OG games existing to get more characters to make new OG games.

-I know he already gave you answer, but I wanted to go into more detail.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

How dare you! Follow the rules, you bastard! I haven't died yet!

and these ain't even close to lewd, so i didn't break any rules 😛 

Edited by Shrimperor

7 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh, btw @Eltosian Kadath since it's on a fantastic sale on Steam, should I get Dark Souls II or the Scholar of the First Sin version? They're only two dollars apart right now.

Probably Scholar of the First Sin version, its better optimized for modern computers and has all of DS2's DLCs more naturally integrated into the game. They did change up item and enemy locations so its not as clear cut, I have heard SotFS is a little harder than DS2, but SotFS is the only one I have personal experience with.

Hwahahahaha... Man, I wiped my ass with that map! Hell fucking yeah, I'm so proud of everyone. Especially this guy.

Bsiqlsms o

Roberto de camino a convertirse en el más certero tirador de Archanea.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

However, Alpha Gaiden (his debut game) Sanger's story role and OG Sanger have an... odd relationship. And Gilliam and Kai don't exist in Alpha, so Alpha Sanger can't have friendships with people he never met. 

What are you talking about. Gespensts exist in the Alphaverse. Gilliam clearly world hopped.

No, seriously. I think the current consensus is that if a world has Gespensts, then Gilliam stopped there for a second. But yes, so far there's only the one and only Gilliam from Elpis.

2 hours ago, Armagon said:

(Because you can actually just get soft-locked).

Ooof
That sucks.

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Okay, time for FE12. Ready your lewds. Or don't. It doesn't matter either way, because I won't lose anyone.

Do not tempt fate, Ruben.
I may have no actual lewd pictures, buuuut... I am willing to post pictures, should it come to that!

29 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

xoJn3EI.jpg

Who dis?

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hwahahahaha... Man, I wiped my ass with that map! Hell fucking yeah, I'm so proud of everyone. Especially this guy.

Roberto for the Saint Rubenio Hall of Fame?

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Roberto de camino a convertirse en el más certero tirador de Archanea.

Es Akaneia para ti, Castellano.

I like how the entire thread is just waiting for someone to die in my run so they may bombard me with lewds.

You guys better deliver.

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Do not tempt fate, Ruben.
I may have no actual lewd pictures, buuuut... I am willing to post pictures, should it come to that!

So far, so good!

1 minute ago, DragonFlames said:

Roberto for the Saint Rubenio Hall of Fame?

Hahahah... I don't know, maybe. I'll certainly remember him fondly. He's come along way from being forgotten in almost every run and dying in my FE12 LP.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Es Akaneia para ti, Castellano.

Aquilina

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

So far, so good!

You better keep everyone alive!

Just now, Saint Rubenio said:

Hahahah... I don't know, maybe. I'll certainly remember him fondly. He's come along way from being forgotten in almost every run and dying in my FE12 LP.

Sounds good enough to me!
If he ends up killing Medeus, you HAVE to put him there! ... Though in the end, that is of course your decision!

8 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Probably Scholar of the First Sin version, its better optimized for modern computers and has all of DS2's DLCs more naturally integrated into the game. They did change up item and enemy locations so its not as clear cut, I have heard SotFS is a little harder than DS2, but SotFS is the only one I have personal experience with.

Okay!