• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

If you have to stack the class to hell and back for it to keep up, doesnt that kinda prove a point on its own?

Absolutely, yes. But hey, that doesn't mean it's a bad thing for fangames to try and fix the class for themselves, if IntSys isn't gonna do it.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well might as well.

Don't know when I'll play it tho.

Eyyy, that's way cool! Thanks for letting me know. I'll admit I didn't really like the first game, played a bit of it and I found it boring. But a free game is a free game. Might as well put it on the shelf, alongside Amnesia, Tropico 3 and Tropico 4.

...Though, admittedly, Tropico 4 wasn't a free promotion. It was from the time they pushed out a glitched out sale and sold the game plus all of its DLC for cents.

I'd say, seeing Harold here and how the quest associates with him seems quite poignant. Before Bethesda took over, Harold was like the one constant of Fallout. Was in 1, was in 2, was in BoS, sort of was in Tactics (long confirmed the ghoul with a tree growing on his head named Harold is a homage to him, not actually him). And then Fallout changes hands, 3 comes and... look, there's Harold as well. But now everything with him has a sense of finality. That unless another game were to take place in the Capital Wasteland, we won't see him again. Almost feels like Harold represents the transition from Black Isles Studios / Interplay Fallout to Bethesda Fallout. I don't know, that's the vibe I get from all this.

Well, that's that. I beat part 1 of Lonely Mirror in a day. That's some binging. I like how the war ends with negotiations. It sounds mundane, but well... It never happens in FE lol.

Tomorrow I'll start with part 2. This time I want to not miss all the gaidens, so I'll check the guide. Turns out there are two things to do in the first map of part 2 in order to unlock gaidens. One of them is new to this update, but the other one required stepping on some ruins with a specific unit. No wonder I missed it in my first run... That's some Kaga-tier stuff. Oh, well.

3 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

You can tell it's fanart because she's wearing a piece of clothing.

That looks like the kind of thing you'd sell to some vendor for 1 gold. I mean, sure, it's only one gold, but it begs the question... Why would they want it? Or unusable metal scraps, for that matter? You make no sense, videogame merchants.

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

T9RN1G0.png

I froze on the spot out of sheer confusion when my brain registered the word(s?) "Onii-chan-kenobi."

Seize the high ground in the date. Do not underestimate his thirst.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Absolutely, yes. But hey, that doesn't mean it's a bad thing for fangames to try and fix the class for themselves, if IntSys isn't gonna do it.

I dunno, I feel like thats just a dirty fix to a big problem. Sure it makes them better, but fun to use? It doesnt sound like it to me.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

Bwahahah These lines i can'T anymoreeeeeeeee xXXD

I does sound pretty ridiculous, if Onii-chan-kenobi is anything to go by.

...Seriously, what in the everloving hell was that all about...?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...Seriously, what in the everloving hell was that all about...?

Broski, Bromeo, Onii-chan-kenobi she calls him many things

And

SHE

IS

THIRSTY

XDDDDD

sdAo0U6.png

Edited by Shrimp γ

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

I dunno, I feel like thats just a dirty fix to a big problem. Sure it makes them better, but fun to use? It doesnt sound like it to me.

I mean, depends on how it's done. Each hack has its own way to fix armor knights. A popular one is to increase their movement to 5 and leave it at that, but that's the boring way. Lonely Mirror has given them special personal weapons, SGW gave them movement-increasing skills, TLP gave its only knight unparalleled availability... Most hacks give them access to multiple weapon types, too. It just makes zero sense for their gear selection to be more limited than cavaliers. You'd think over the course of 16(?) games, IntSys would've realized this as well, but... I digress. The point is, no hack really makes knights into gods among men. They just tend to give them more tools that allow them to have niches of their own to justify their existence.

Actually, the class that 9 times out of 10 is fixed in hacks by just making it stacked is archer. Which... admittedly, in their case, makes sense. No melee range is a huge weakness, they need high player phase power if they're going to stand a chance against mages.

5 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

TuJvbWA.png

5Ofxftr.png

Any bets? xXD

I just can't get over that.

Onii-chan-kenobi.

What kind of psychopath drops a line like that?

2 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Broski, Bromeo, Onii-chan-kenobi she calls him many things

And

SHE

IS

THIRSTY

XDDDDD

sdAo0U6.png

Utterly insane. If the twist isn't that she's a murderous psychopath I will be sorely disappointed.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Shrimp γ said:

Hey @Ghost_06_ i am doing your job here

He's been gone for a while, hasn't he. Hope he's doing okay.

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

well, she was the target for one does that count xD

No. She needs to be mad herself. Or die. I will not accept a happy ending for one who pronounced the words "onii-chan-kenobi."

In fact, you could say... it's outrageous. It's unfair. How can you say cringe and not be a villain?

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Just now, Shrimp γ said:

XD

I am still lmao'ing

Oh I would've laughed for years if it had been me.

Wouldn't have stopped me from wishing painful death upon her, however.

...well, actually... No, I lie. I probably would've decided she's the best character in videogames. I mean, Garon's my favorite character in FE, so...

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...well, actually... No, I lie. I probably would've decided she's the best character in videogames. I mean, Garon's my favorite character in FE, so...

Now you shall imagine Garon saying that