Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I've my doubts you'll like it,

Maybe but it's also free so...

24 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

You should, but fair warning: it MIGHT be better to play the first game and watch the anime first, to get the full experience.
There seem to be multiple elements of both in this one

Well playing the first game is a given buuuuuut I'm not a fan of having to go to a different medium just to continue the story. I can watch the anime on my own but I'd rather not be like, forced to.

It's like with the Gravity Rush games. There's two OVAs that link the first game to the second but you don't have to watch them, you can make do with the information that's given in the second game. I would hope that is the case for Blue Reflection.

(And speaking of Gravity Rush, I think it's time for a pfp change).

16 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, forgot to mention, in contrast with Hinako and Hiori, protagonists of the first game and the anime, respectively, Ao, who is the protagonist of Second Light, does not use a sword, and her Reflector form looks... oddly demonic.

"It's like poetry, it rhymes".

• Replies 176.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh lol, so even the 1.1v patch for BDSP is also available days before the official release date...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Ogma is a god. Forget Caeda, he is one rounding enemies with his steel sword in chapter 4 (Caeda can one round too, and did in this chapter as well, but not as often). They’re definitely both by far my best units so far though.

Chapter 4 completed. I recruited Ruben’s boy, who will probably hit the bench immediately because I don’t see the appeal, and recruited my first mage, who will probably stay for at least a bit despite being horribly under leveled. I said to myself “you know what, it’s arena time” but then grew horribly impatient because it’s late and the end result was just that Barst got two levels and Merric won like one round (so he gets to stay under leveled!). I might load the save state and actually give Merric exp as well (he’s not the only one, due to the nature of Shadow Dragon’s opening chapters with just a block of units you can’t control the placement of and all of these strong enemies, it’s hard to really focus exp on units you want to use unless they’re in the prologue and I wanted some other units to get a level or two), but I’ll probably feel lazy and not do so. I also don’t know how tight money is in this game and don’t want to go too far, but the game has given me a very generous amount so far.

BDSP stuff

Spoiler

The patch apparently deleted the data of the Arceus Hall of Origin event.

Again denying that particular Arceus? Faithful remake indeed. lolololol

... or it's being saved for Legends tie-in stuff. Who knows...

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That game's looking different than I remembered it. Where's the numbered doors, the death watches and the blind guy...?

Thank you!

Someone had to say it.

6 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

You hae' discovered Deathclaw Sanctuary 20 +13"! ap You have discovered  Deathclaw Sanctuary I NO THANKS - )

Yeah, I consider this my last stop for the day, eeyup...

Do they even need one?

Or does the rest of the world need a sanctuary from them?

4 hours ago, Sooks said:

Chapter 4 completed. I recruited Ruben’s boy, who will probably hit the bench immediately because I don’t see the appeal, and recruited my first mage, who will probably stay for at least a bit despite being horribly under leveled. I said to myself “you know what, it’s arena time” but then grew horribly impatient because it’s late and the end result was just that Barst got two levels and Merric won like one round (so he gets to stay under leveled!). I might load the save state and actually give Merric exp as well (he’s not the only one, due to the nature of Shadow Dragon’s opening chapters with just a block of units you can’t control the placement of and all of these strong enemies, it’s hard to really focus exp on units you want to use unless they’re in the prologue and I wanted some other units to get a level or two), but I’ll probably feel lazy and not do so. I also don’t know how tight money is in this game and don’t want to go too far, but the game has given me a very generous amount so far.

Ogma is very solid imo early on, but higher difficulties do change what units are viable here and there. Merric's an awkward one because his stats aren't that amazing but if you're fighting Medeus the expected way you'll need at least one who can fight by the near-endgame.

Also the money is for forging in this game.

2 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

BDSP stuff

Reveal hidden contents

The patch apparently deleted the data of the Arceus Hall of Origin event.

Again denying that particular Arceus? Faithful remake indeed. lolololol

... or it's being saved for Legends tie-in stuff. Who knows...

I'd suspect the latter.

The ft it was there to begin with is truly suspicious though. So the dev build had these events but they've already removed one. Did they remove the other two?

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Scrap metal can be valuable. In some parts of the world, people will steal parts of railroad tracks for money, not good if it happens to be an active rail line.

As for food, well you can always try making compost. "Night-soil men" -excrement collectors- used to be a job in cities before the modern era. Gather waste to turn it into fertilizer, and fertilizer feeds the stuff that get eaten and turned back into manure. Nowadays, Big Agriculture/Chemistry can churn out infinite quantities of synthetic fertilizer to bolster crop growth, fill rivers with nitrogen overloading leading to oceanic algal blooms that kill fish, and perhaps fill the bodies of the farm workers with carcinogens. But, in prior centuries, humankind was not so blessed with endless soil enhancers, and had to rely on the basics human and animal shit, plus stuff like fish, special soil mixes, and clover and legumes.

Alternatively, there might be one or two people out there in video games who actually enjoy comically failed dishes, I've seen one before. As a little gameplay quirk, super-failed dishes if consumed actually provide them with a full heal.

Well... those are some fair points.

...But why in the world does the food salesman happily accept broken pieces of leather armor?

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Ogma is a god. Forget Caeda, he is one rounding enemies with his steel sword in chapter 4 (Caeda can one round too, and did in this chapter as well, but not as often). They’re definitely both by far my best units so far though.

Huh. I've never had much luck with Ogma, myself.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Chapter 4 completed. I recruited Ruben’s boy, who will probably hit the bench immediately because I don’t see the appeal

I want you to direct your eyes toward my signature.

There's your appeal. Now use him.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

“you know what, it’s arena time”

Said no one ever while playing DSFE.

Seriously, the arena in DSFE is absolutely horrible. Way harder than any other arena, it's just asking for death to be honest.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

I also don’t know how tight money is in this game and don’t want to go too far, but the game has given me a very generous amount so far.

Shadow Dragon? Generous, very generous. Unless you like, forge a steel lance for the maximum stats, you'll never have money troubles, ever.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

The appeal is to use him as fodder.

Hey Armagon.

Would it kill you to support me for just five seconds?

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Thank you!

Someone had to say it.

I was starting to think nobody had gotten the reference... Thank goodness someone did!

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Ogma is very solid imo early on, but higher difficulties do change what units are viable here and there. Merric's an awkward one because his stats aren't that amazing but if you're fighting Medeus the expected way you'll need at least one who can fight by the near-endgame.

Wrys.

It's Wrys, Dayni.

Wrys is the mage you want.

1 minute ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wrys.

It's Wrys, Dayni.

Wrys is the mage you want.

Merric's magic growth is already not that great. Why would we go with worse options whose other growths are also in jeopardy?

Sooks picked H2, for reference.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...But why in the world does the food salesman happily accept broken pieces of leather armor?

Leather scraps could still be used as well. I mean, I doubt you're handing fingernail-sized chunks of it to them.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Said no one ever while playing DSFE.

Seriously, the arena in DSFE is absolutely horrible. Way harder than any other arena, it's just asking for death to be honest.

Is it? It was fine for me the couple rounds I did. Unless Barst is just that good.

Huh. I've never had much luck with Ogma, myself.

Well, whether or not he one rounded the fighters seemed to depend on whether or not they had 8 or 9 speed, because on my first attempt only two in the group in the north east had 8 speed but when I reset three of them did, so I don’t know if and how enemy stats are slightly randomized or something.

I want you to direct your eyes toward my signature.

There's your appeal. Now use him.

But you wouldn’t have gotten him like that had he usually ended up like that, you would have sent him straight to the bench.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

But you wouldn’t have gotten him like that had he usually ended up like that, you would have sent him straight to the bench.

The conflict of Rubenio.

On the one hand, capped stats are green which is good, but good units are bad

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

Well playing the first game is a given buuuuuut I'm not a fan of having to go to a different medium just to continue the story. I can watch the anime on my own but I'd rather not be like, forced to.

The reality is, even I'm not sure how true that statement I made is, haha!
It just references some stuff from the anime, so I think it might be a closer situation to Atelier Lulua, where it is not necessary to have seen/played the previous things in the series, but it is a definite advantage if you did.

I'll get back to you on that one once I find out more.
Then again... the anime is good (my favorite anime, in fact), so you won't lose much by watching it! ^^

I would hope that is the case for Blue Reflection.

It might be!

"It's like poetry, it rhymes".

XD

Also of note: Ao's name.
Hinako and Hiori both start with "Hi" (pronounced like "he"). Ao's, quite evidently, doesn't.
The only similarity Ao has to Hinako and Hiori is that she has short hair, just like them.

Definitely gonna be interesting to see how it all pans out, especially since in the last scene I saw before bed last night, Yuzu did seem rather hostile with Ao, essentially blaming the odd occurences in the other world on her showing up there (something even the other characters have noted - the Faraway that serves as your main dungeon only showed up after Ao arrived, and her being there has 'disrupted' a routine that was essentially the same, day to day).
And let's not forget that Ao is the only girl who retained her memories from her life prior to getting isekai'd.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Merric's magic growth is already not that great. Why would we go with worse options whose other growths are also in jeopardy?

Sooks picked H2, for reference.

Wrys, Dayni.

It's Wrys.

Wrys is the option.

2 hours ago, Dayni said:

Leather scraps could still be used as well. I mean, I doubt you're handing fingernail-sized chunks of it to them.

Hm.. True, I suppose.

50 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is it? It was fine for me the couple rounds I did. Unless Barst is just that good.

Well, Barst is pretty good. But try to do the classic "get underlevelled unit to catch up on the arena." See how that works out for ya.

Well, whether or not he one rounded the fighters seemed to depend on whether or not they had 8 or 9 speed, because on my first attempt only two in the group in the north east had 8 speed but when I reset three of them did, so I don’t know if and how enemy stats are slightly randomized or something.

Yes, enemy stats vary slightly when resetting. It happens in many FE games.

Hah.

You underestimate my power.

41 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The conflict of Rubenio.

On the one hand, capped stats are green which is good, but good units are bad

It's only good if bad/funny units do it.

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

But try to do the classic "get underlevelled unit to catch up on the arena." See how that works out for ya.

Welp, Merric, Navarre, it was nice knowing you.

A new pirate guy just appeared. He proceeded to miss 3 out of 4 axe swings and cost us the run.

That's a great first impression if I ever saw one. He has over 80% hitrate. How?

Just now, Sooks said:

Welp, Merric, Navarre, it was nice knowing you.

Merric is carried by his tome.

...Or, y'know, he would be, if Wendell didn't exist. Wendell is hilarious, however, so Merric is kind of whatever. Still, he's a growth mage, so give him a shot.

Navarre... is Navarre. I've never liked Navarres.

Merric is carried by his tome.

...Or, y'know, he would be, if Wendell didn't exist. Wendell is hilarious, however, so Merric is kind of whatever. Still, he's a growth mage, so give him a shot.

I know I’m gonna regret asking this, but why is Wendell hilarious?

Navarre... is Navarre. I've never liked Navarres.

Navarres are usually the best characters in their games, so I would expect the Navarre to be great.

Caeda and Ogma give him some serious competition though.

Edited by Sooks

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey Armagon.

Would it kill you to support me for just five seconds?

I already used up my "agree with Ruben" power yesterday when we agreed on the VN. Can't use it again for a month or else the universe collapses in on itself.

Balance is a very delicate thing.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Also of note: Ao's name.
Hinako and Hiori both start with "Hi" (pronounced like "he"). Ao's, quite evidently, doesn't.
The only similarity Ao has to Hinako and Hiori is that she has short hair, just like them.

On one hand, I'd say that's a bit of a coincidence.

On the other hand, Japan like to get artsy when it comes to names sometimes. So who knows...

22 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I know I’m gonna regret asking this, but why is Wendell hilarious?

He's a sage with B tomes at base. So he can use Merric's tome, better than Merric.

...But it's less sad than his situation in New Mystery. In that one, Etzel, the best mage in the game, joins also with B tomes before Merric does.

Navarres are usually the best characters in their games, so I would expect the Navarre to be great.

And benchable.

Caeda and Ogma give him some serious competition though.

Caeda is like, the best unit in the game. Forge her wingspear and she one-shots the entire enemy army.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I already used up my "agree with Ruben" power yesterday when we agreed on the VN. Can't use it again for a month or else the universe collapses in on itself.

Balance is a very delicate thing.

Too bad.

36 minutes ago, Sooks said:

How often is that actually true? 

Rutger is like, the only one I can think of.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

He's a sage with B tomes at base. So he can use Merric's tome, better than Merric.

...But it's less sad than his situation in New Mystery. In that one, Etzel, the best mage in the game, joins also with B tomes before Merric does.

Merrick's bad even in the OG versions tbh. Like his sole reason for existing in FE3/12 is to rescue Elice.

.....wait shit, I'm agreeing with yo-

exploding-universe-725046.jpg

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

So does he have very meh bases that a growth unit can easily surpass too?

16 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Forge her wingspear

So, uh, funny story…

3 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

How often is that actually true? 

Rutger is like, the only one I can think of.

Yeah, there’s Rutger and… uh…

Okay, you might be right. Does Felix count as a Navarre?

H4Mtv8u.jpg

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/11/falcom-to-release-new-trails-title-in-japan-by-september-2022

3 fucking Trails years aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Hopefully that means Whenever Ys 10 get's released it won't be a rushjob like every Trails in the last 10 years

Edited by Shrimp γ

2 minutes ago, Shrimp γ said:

Even if they did announce Ys 10, you wouldn't get until three years after Japan release habahahhahahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Agony.

Just now, Armagon said:

Even if they did announce Ys 10, you wouldn't get until three years after Japan release habahahhahahaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

Agony.

Kuro 2 english in 2030 Ü. But i don't care about that

Ys 10 in 2040. That's the problem for me