Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I love how Pia is kidnapped and we're fighting in a dungeon all alone while the town is like "SQUID FESTIVAL GOOOOOOOOOOOO" Lmao

"The squid hater is gone?"

"Squid festival time! Yay!"

• Replies 176.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

23 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I love how Pia is kidnapped and we're fighting in a dungeon all alone while the town is like "SQUID FESTIVAL GOOOOOOOOOOOO" Lmao

Pia is the secret mastermind and main villain of the game. It's just that the only ones naïve enough to fall for her tricks are the heroes. Everyone else is just celebraring that she's gone.

This has been random Ruben and his random theory. Don't trust Pia.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I like the music

Gunvolt music GOATed

And then there's

Which is up there with Xenoblade X's The Key We've Lost and Baten Kaitos Origins' Le Ali del Principio as one of my favorite final boss themes of all time (and i am still salty it's the one vocal song to never get a full version).

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Still

atleast don't show animation of a marriage with her when someone else is chosen...

FE Awakening didn't get the memo.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

Six years? I forgot the series was around for so long. The first game should be almost a decade old by now..

Yeah, Gunvolt 1 came out in 2014. Gunvolt 2 came out in 2016. We got Luminous Avenger iX 1 in 2019 and iX 2 earlier this year but Gunvolt's last appearance was in Gunvolt 2. So despite GV3 being the technical 5th game, the series' titular hero hasn't been in action for a good while.

To put this into perspective, i was a Junior in highschool when Gunvolt was last playable.

1 hour ago, lightcosmo said:

Oh and that is tax not incuded yet!

Tax doesn't apply to digital goods.

Well i guess it does depend on where you live.

Edited by Armagon

4 minutes ago, Armagon said:

FE Awakening didn't get the memo.

5 Sweetest Ships From 'Fire Emblem: Awakening' | Fandom

And they can never take that away from us...

I guess this was an unfortunate case of wanting to incorporate as much aspects of FE as possible even if some could end up contradictory.

Like wanting the Lord to have a set Love Interest like how it was in every Kaga game... but also wanted to do the pairing up mechanics of Genealogy... while also wanting the Lord to participate. So yeah...

15 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

5 Sweetest Ships From 'Fire Emblem: Awakening' | Fandom

The absolute hilarity of when i played Awakening for the first time, not knowing how Chrom's marriages worked, and ended up getting him and Sully to tie the knot.

"Wait wasn't it supposed to be Sumia?" -confused 13 year-old me.

I finished the prologue of FC on nightmare. It is very very fun, but definitely too much for a new player. You’re constantly always about to die, which is not a problem if you really know the system super well but otherwise… RIP. I also forgot how different some of the things in FC were, like everyone having 6 slots instead of 7, Chaos Brand being the only mirage spell, no space spells, forte’s elements being all over the place… it’s interesting.

My secondary goal is to actually read the books this time around, since apparently that was a good idea. Which is just carnelia and the liberl news, carnelia being the only one that contains info I don’t already know. So I get to know about everyone’s favorite Toby.

Also evo voice acting good. For some reason they decided to make Estelle sound like she’s 6 as opposed to 16, but other than that, it’s nice.

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:
  Hide contents

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I wasn't expecting Estelle to be "loved by the world's darkness"... wait a minute...

Anyway, I will do it later.

Yes.

Spoiler

Also, nice on bringing Estelle + Joshua + Renne.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

like everyone having 6 slots instead of 7

Y'know, balance wise, I actually think its best this way. To much flexibility for the player makes decision making not feel as impactful. Not that its the most enjoyable system, mind you, just balanced.

QdLEgaf.png

d82

Just now, lightcosmo said:

Y'know, balance wise, I actually think its best this way. To much flexibility for the player makes decision making not feel as impactful. Not that its the most enjoyable system, mind you, just balanced.

I think 7 in SC was fine as well considering how many character had locks to balance it out

Like do you choose between higher ATS in Kloe or do you want complete flexbility in Olivier? Just an example

I like Azure's 6 + MQ the most, but balanced it was not. Fun tho

I planned out all of my Awakening pairings before I got the game. I was undecided on pairing Tharja with either Kellam or Libra until fairly late however.

Also, I did Star Door 15. Yaaaaaaaaaay... I mentioned it before so I feel obligated to talk about it. As it turns out, it's found in the deepest level of torture and despair for a reason.

Spoiler

You know all those indie games that look cutesy on the outside but are actually horrifying? This was basically that. RENNE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Truth be told I expected the door to be like... that... but it didn't make the experience any less unpleasant. It wasn't as graphic as it could have been, thank goodness, but even thinking about it makes me feel nauseous. Thankfully Loewe and Joshua made Renne's captors take a seat (by which I mean they killed them), truly a chad move. I might become an Ouroboros apologist at this rate.

It appears Renne's puppet parents were accurate representations of her actual parents, and it seems they live in Crossbell, which isn't something I considered before. It doesn't explain how Renne ended up in her situation however. Renne herself is heading to Crossbell, but I doubt she has pure intentions. She's going to be a handful for Lloyd and his party. Hopefully Estelle and Joshua have those adoption papers ready. Heck, I'd adopt her myself if she wasn't a fictional character.

Last up is Star Door 14, which I'll do tomorrow. I can't wait to see a bunch of cryptic conversations! After that is the remaining Arena challenges and Campanella's quizzes, then I can go to the final dungeon.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

My secondary goal is to actually read the books this time around, since apparently that was a good idea. Which is just carnelia and the liberl news, carnelia being the only one that contains info I don’t already know. So I get to know about everyone’s favorite Toby.

I hope you have a guide ready! Alternatively Sky the 3rd has all of the previous books in it, if you remember to view them every chapter. I missed the FC Liberl News, rip.

8 minutes ago, Sooks said:

For some reason they decided to make Estelle sound like she’s 6 as opposed to 16, but other than that, it’s nice.

It's anime voice acting, what did you expect?

42 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:
Spoiler

Truth be told I expected the door to be like... that... but it didn't make the experience any less unpleasant. It wasn't as graphic as it could have been, thank goodness, but even thinking about it makes me feel nauseous.

Done masterfully, right?

42 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I might become an Ouroboros apologist at this rate.

I mean...

Edited by Shrimpolaris

8 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I like Azure's 6 + MQ the most, but balanced it was not. Fun tho

Yeah, I think I agree. Azure’s MQ are the only time they were even remotely balanced, but they stopped being balanced once the master arts came around. Every other iteration of MQ was…

5 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

You know all those indie games that look cutesy on the outside but are actually horrifying? This was basically that.

I said the same thing. Omori when Lightchao?

I might become an Ouroboros apologist at this rate.

Lol.

I hope you have a guide ready!

Of course!

It's anime voice acting, what did you expect?

I’m not exactly familiar…

11 hours ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Like three times too many for the game to be comfortable to be honest. Especially when my niece is visiting.

Go with Persona 4 or Persona 3 then. Its only a Persona in those games, never an enemy, so seeing it is a choice (its name is Mara, avoid it). Although Incubus's "horn" might also cause problems...

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Armagon said:

The Igor line, i've already talked about. His voice and demeanor tho, i just figured it went with his over the top appearance. 

Igor has always embodied the don't judge a book by its cover, as he has consistently been one of the nicest characters, and a force for good despite his appearance. Igor always refer to the player as an honored guests before, this more hostile shift (despite still helping for some reason) sets off quite a few red flags. Also, just out of curiosity, did you every lay down in the cot in the Velvet Room?

1 hour ago, Sooks said:

You’re constantly always about to die, which is not a problem if you really know the system super well but otherwise… RIP.

Dang, wish I'd played on Hard, then.

Well, I suppose I can just restart on the Steam version.

FPOXyC7VsAkXq18?format=jpg&name=large

London.

Good song.

58 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

RXp1TRu.png

And that's RF3

Congratulations.

You gonna have the kid?

22 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Hide contents

Igor has always embodied the don't judge a book by its cover, as he has consistently been one of the nicest characters, and a force for good despite his appearance. Igor always refer to the player as an honored guests before, this more hostile shift (despite still helping for some reason) sets off quite a few red flags. 

Spoiler

Yes unless you've never played a Persona game before in which case his change in demeanor means literally nothing as you don't know how he's supposed to act.

Like i'm all fine for putting in twists that hit harder if you're a veteran of the series but going "FE Dragon lol" route was not the way to do it.

26 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Also, just out of curiosity, did you every lay down in the cot in the Velvet Room?

Yes and i figured that would come up, just not like this.

Honestly i just feel like Shido should've been the final boss to the main story, that would've been a great climax. You can even keep the Mementos stuff too, just make it smaller scale instead of "lol evil god haha".