Currently the best song in the game.

4 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

OmssXKf.png

hmm

zPep3B9.png

oh?

CAF0Jss.png

...oh my

Strongly resisting the urge to make an oral sex joke here.

(Man Pia really would not get along with Margaret huh).

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

This

Is really really good

and reminds me of the good days when i was playing FC. Not just gaming wise everything was well, it was before my cursed illness days...

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

(Man Pia really would not get along with Margaret huh).

boring knight type?

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

boring knight type?

No that's Forte.

Margaret is the elf who likes music and absolutely hates squid. So it gets really funny when it's Squid Catching Festival day.

Just now, Armagon said:

No that's Forte.

Margaret is the elf who likes music and absolutely hates squid. So it gets really funny when it's Squid Catching Festival day.

The reason Pia eats squid is because she hates them

not their taste, but the squids themselves

xD

1 minute ago, Shrimpolaris said:

xD

EXCEPT STINKIN' DOLPHINS! - EXCEPT STINKIN' DOLPHINS! - )

But with squids.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

xD

Oh Pia's a real hater lmao.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Was that a thing that happened, or just an example? As you can probably imagine, I don't follow the Oscars.

Neither do I. I loosely paid attention to it b/c I turned it on, liking the TV on the background even if I'm not really watching it.

But yes, Best Supporting Actor was won this year by an IRL man who is deaf. I just so happened to take notice of the show when he began his award speech in sign language. The speech dragged on a little long, but that's typical of the Oscars in general. (And, I'll cut the man some slack, probably a year ago he couldn't have imagined becoming an award-winning actor, how many people with disabilities ever get good acting jobs? He deserved to blabber on.) The movie he starred in being CODA, which was mentioned by commentator as an acronym meaning "Child Of Deaf Adults", the movie being a coming-of-age story in which the main character is the only person who can hear in a deaf family. CODA also won Best Picture- the last revealed and greatest of the awards.

As for why the Academy Awards/Oscars get the attention that they do, I'd would imagine it's a tradition/holdover from "the Golden Age of Hollywood". That era being the 1920-60s, when cinema when the films that won were films that common folk actually saw. Nowadays, the award ceremonies tend to focus on the more niche and artsy stuff, which is important, yet separate from the popular entertainment. Not helping is that back in the 1930s when this era began, you didn't have many alternatives to movies -television was a 50s thing- nor was it so easy to make them. And then when TV took off, Hollywood stepped in to fill the airwaves with reruns of their classics. In the modern world nearly a century after Hollywood's florishing began, despite monopolistic conglomerates like Disney, there is a glut of content available to billions of people around the world. Having a movie that "everybody" goes to see is next to impossible, since people have so much freedom of choice in film and TV shows.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Strongly resisting the urge to make an oral sex joke here.

That's just Pia's thing. She can say stuff that sounds dirty, but her mind is actually pretty innocent. It's a more bizarre kind of quirkiness, but it works. -Just don't try taking advantage of her, her adoptive mom would kill you if you tried.

40 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

OmssXKf.png

hmm

zPep3B9.png

oh?

CAF0Jss.png

...oh my

Oh yes! That is definitely how to get away with such a weird comment. Well done, Pia. Well done.