Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

the last Star Door.

DO THIS DOOR!

Not only is it great and your reaction something that would be great to see, but knowing it is pretty helpful for Zero.

20 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I might use it to level up my weaker party members and to get enough battles for Star Door 13, then I'll go back for all the bosses after viewing that door.

Btw, the only way you can fight the dungeon’s final boss is if you beat the other three bosses all in one go (without leaving or switching your party). This boss is very good for exp and sepith iirc, as well as getting an ultimate weapon.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Oh no. Puppy Sif starts limping when she gets injured, just like her older boss form. That's just heart breaking.

The Artorias of the Abyss DLC is weird. I mean, why does the game even have so many different weapon upgrade paths when all the bosses laugh at anything that doesn't scale with Strength & Dex?
At least Lightning seems to be somewhat salvageable, so Faith builds should have something to fall back on. Not sure what Intelligence characters are supposed to do here, though.

gsdx-20220329092909.png

I don't even remember how it happened. But, lots of RNG. I save-stated here at this very moment, and I don't care. I'm not repeating that. I hit the Pavilion beforehand and bought almost everyone present Roast Beef for extra HP and Str (I didn't want to reload an end of Chapter 9 save until I got the ideal foods b/c I would have to redo a ton of item management), except Aegina, who ate some +2 Mag 🦐. Thank the Windstorm orb Thaddy stole in F&F's map for that delicious 24 Mt axe & 11 Def m shield Cripple.

Now on turn 5, Dean needs to pop a Vulnerary first thing b/c he crossed the cliffs and landed a 66% OHKO on the Raze priest, removing his very bothersome healing, but also resulting in a ballista hit on Greatest Axeman. The sword fighter who comes at you first thing once you open the gate is also dead, and now it's the Battle Cry soldier and Brave Crossbow that are the present, known, threats. -I'll do all this later. My brain is feeling fried from the first two turns of a map.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20220329092909.png

I don't even remember how it happened. But, lots of RNG. I save-stated here at this very moment, and I don't care. I'm not repeating that. I hit the Pavilion beforehand and bought almost everyone present Roast Beef for extra HP and Str (I didn't want to reload an end of Chapter 9 save until I got the ideal foods b/c I would have to redo a ton of item management), except Aegina, who ate some +2 Mag 🦐. Thank the Windstorm orb Thaddy stole in F&F's map for that delicious 24 Mt axe & 11 Def m shield Cripple.

Holy shit, you even managed to cripple Murin! Good work, Observer! Quite impressive, if I do say so myself.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Now on turn 5, Dean needs to pop a Vulnerary first thing b/c he crossed the cliffs and landed a 66% OHKO on the Raze priest, removing his very bothersome healing, but also resulting in a ballista hit on Greatest Axeman. The sword fighter who comes at you first thing once you open the gate is also dead, and now it's the Battle Cry soldier and Brave Crossbow that are the present, known, threats. -I'll do all this later. My brain is feeling fried from the first two turns of a map.

No worries. It's understandable. This is a tough map.

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Holy shit, you even managed to cripple Murin! Good work, Observer! Quite impressive, if I do say so myself.

The ancients believed that the outcome of war was determined by the gods, so I had read in a book on the history of special intelligence/spying/espionage. (Which I never finished reading, I think I'll actually borrow it out again and write down some of it this time.) Though not all generals of Antiquity were so auspicious, Julius Caesar wasn't (which made him unusually interested in gathering intel on his enemies, since the others weren't convinced reconnaissance could make any change in what the gods had already decided). Right now, I could not disagree more strongly with Caesar. Victory for all that I tried, did not feel like it was entirely within my control.

7 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

Another delay. May this one be the last. What's it this time Ninty?

-Let's not bother with that Miyamoto quote, since it seems like he might not have ever actually said it.

I wasn't particularly interested in BotW2, but I don't see how anyone could cling to hype with this game. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Man, shaving sucks

2 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Anyway, I am aware that the final chapter has an optional dungeon with four bosses and the last Star Door.

rG79zlG.png

55 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The Fresh Prince Hates Chris | Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock | Know Your Meme

20 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Another delay. May this one be the last. What's it this time Ninty?

Maybe playing Elden Ring made them feel like the devs of Bubsy 3D when they saw Mario 64.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The ancients believed that the outcome of war was determined by the gods, so I had read in a book on the history of special intelligence/spying/espionage. (Which I never finished reading, I think I'll actually borrow it out again and write down some of it this time.) Though not all generals of Antiquity were so auspicious, Julius Caesar wasn't (which made him unusually interested in gathering intel on his enemies, since the others weren't convinced reconnaissance could make any change in what the gods had already decided).

The gods. Pah! As a peerless tactician of countless battles, even some victories, I know that victory depends not in divinity, but rather the sacrifice of children.

Right now, I could not disagree more strongly with Caesar.

Bwahahahahahaha.

Oh, dear. See that's clearly because there isn't enough Sylvis in your team.

I wasn't particularly interested in BotW2, but I don't see how anyone could cling to hype with this game. 

Don't be so sure. People clung to hype for games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga for years on end. If anything, delays like this only build hype further, because people start to fantasize, they start to dream about what they could be doing with that extra time, they start to convince themselves that the delays will result in the game being the greatest thing ever created by mankind... And then the game comes out and people become disappointed that their absurd expectations weren't met. Then they yell at the devs and call them lazy.

Just now, Newtype06 said:

Man, shaving sucks

Very.

Just now, Newtype06 said:

The Fresh Prince Hates Chris | Will Smith Slaps Chris Rock | Know Your Meme

When I heard Chris Rock I thought they meant the one bald guy. Then I realized, no wait, that's just a nickname, he's not actually called Rock.

Y E S

Another person asked about Berwick Saga after seeing the sign.

Gotta say, I just did it for the lolz, but it's being more effective than I thought it'd be. That is to say, I thought it wouldn't be. Hah!

50 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

gsdx-20220329092909.png

I'm concerned about the lack of Czene or Larentia in this deployment.

Of course strictly speaking, there is no need to worry with the town at all, except for the many goodies.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

When I heard Chris Rock I thought they meant the one bald guy. Then I realized, no wait, that's just a nickname, he's not actually called Rock.

I'm genuinely jealous about your ability to avoid knowledge about famous people. I'm still stuck with "I had heard the name Chris Rock somewhere, but until yesterday, I had no idea what exactly he does", which isn't the level of ignorance I'm aspiring to achieve.

7 minutes ago, pong said:

I'm genuinely jealous about your ability to avoid knowledge about famous people. I'm still stuck with "I had heard the name Chris Rock somewhere, but until yesterday, I had no idea what exactly he does", which isn't the level of ignorance I'm aspiring to achieve.

I mean, it's really nothing too impressive. I know more names than I care to know. But since I hardly watch TV and I'm generally none too fond of the celebrity nonsense or movies, I tend to be less knowledgable than most.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Bwahahahahahaha.

Oh, dear. See that's clearly because there isn't enough Sylvis in your team.

Not for lacking of wanting her here. She and Larentia would've been fielded if I had the two extra slots. I'm not entirely sure why, but I swapped her out for Sherpa. I questioned how much use a good archer would have in this fight.

1 hour ago, BrightBow said:

I'm concerned about the lack of Czene or Larentia in this deployment.

A few more reloads won't kill me, since I'll be killed before I hit "Load" yet again.

Axel came along for searching for the one house because I was concerned that I could use the extra firepower for the initial six enemies. And I did, I think he chopped the horse archer from over the river. Basically everyone, even a Leon dumped after the first couple chapters, contributed to overcoming that impeccable defense.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

'll admit, I've watched more of this than either of them alone. I don't really remember why. I think I was looking for a specific game and stumbled into them at random, then watched a few more of their stuff. They had a fun dynamic.

Nice.

Yeah, they really do; it feels natural, and the fact that they really enjoy their games (or suffering through 'em, in some cases) really makes the show.

2 hours ago, BrightBow said:

The Artorias of the Abyss DLC is weird. I mean, why does the game even have so many different weapon upgrade paths when all the bosses laugh at anything that doesn't scale with Strength & Dex?

As a sort of justification for each of 'em...

>The non-scaling/SL1 build paths:

Spoiler

-Lightning is generally just a good choice. High base damage, very few things resist lightning. The lack of scaling doesn't necessarily matter, even.

-Chaos is similarly very, very strong. It is strong against a good deal of bosses, (Including Firesage, who is weak to fire?) and its only real drawback is the fact that three bosses are immune to fire damage-One of which is ahead of the Chaos Ember anyways.

-Raw is good for decent physical damage output.

>Faith/Int build paths:

Spoiler

-Divine is good as it perma-kills skeletons and does pretty decent magic damage; I've found that you really don't need much faith for a Divine weapon be of use. You also get one for free in AL, (In the form of the Occult Club that you can descend into Divine +5) and it'll deal a lot of damage to skeletons due to the combination of Blunt damage, Faith damage and the auxiliary Divine modified. (I don't know how much of a difference it makes, but I know it effects skeletons!)

-Occult is good for faith builds. I think. I've never used Occult.

-Magic is OK for int builds, though spamming spells and instead using a Lightning/Chaos physical weapon is probably a better idea. Plus, many bosses have high resistance to magic anyways.

-I've never used Enchanted, but it seems pretty useless.

AotA's bosses do indeed have high resistances, but DS1 does encourage the use of various different weapons, and you get a lot of strong ones; not every weapon is going to work on every boss, and I would generally agree that a lot of the upgrade paths wouldn't fare too well against most of the AotA bosses.

'Morning!

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

Pog.

Genuinely, I think that's great! If the game's being delayed, it means we're going to end up getting a better game. I have no problems waiting a couple extra months for the game, and I'm still super excited for when it does!

Kirby came in the mail this morning, I will be playing it ...likely in a few weeks.

12 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Cuphead Game Update and Unity - | Studio MDHR | Shigeru miyamoto, Cuphead  game, Game update

Allegedly?

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/03/random-is-miyamotos-most-famous-quote-not-his-after-all

This is where I learned it's probably wrong.

Even if so, the phrase itself isn't demerited even if it's not coming from who supposedly said it. The phrase still exists, therefore it is.

It's worth noting that almost all the hidden enemies in the town, except for like 1 or 2 near the entrance, use "House AI". As in, they will only move between houses. So just because you are in their movement range doesn't automatically make you vulnerable. Because if they can't attack you from a house, they can't attack you at all.

A dick move is that in the Eastern edge of the town, there is a crossbow guy with Watchful. So if you rely on Czene to reveal the enemies while keeping her hidden, that guy can throw a wrench in that. Fortunately it's the only enemy with Watchful on this map.

Edited by BrightBow

12 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Also, you should check Gen 5 for the smoothest experience

The only game i didn't really play yet

well, i never touched 6 or anything post 7, either, but unlike 5 not really interested in those

606664156_Capture2022-03-2818_26_18.thumb.png.32734693c40dbbd526dac3786fd0b967.png

Here we go, a simple start. I decided to combine both of my ideas and have a Sakura tree burst out of the temple where the rest of the herbs can grow.

This brick also gives it that old and dilapidated look like most Mayan ruins have today but later on I may change it to the colorful stucco patterns it would've had in history.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't be so sure. People clung to hype for games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga for years on end. If anything, delays like this only build hype further, because people start to fantasize, they start to dream about what they could be doing with that extra time, they start to convince themselves that the delays will result in the game being the greatest thing ever created by mankind... And then the game comes out and people become disappointed that their absurd expectations weren't met. Then they yell at the devs and call them lazy.

In fairness, this is the Zelda team we're talking about, and those guys have had a pretty good track record for delaying a game and coming out with an absolute banger.

58 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Cuphead Game Update and Unity - | Studio MDHR | Shigeru miyamoto, Cuphead  game, Game update

Allegedly?

Whether he said it or not it's still a good quote and definitely something to keep note of as a consumer and a game developer.

But Majora's Mask was made in less than a year so what the hell do I know?