Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Okay, Prototype Lost Fleet theme is now an earworm... again! Haha...

... and I guess we might still never know why it wasn't used in the final builds. Not fully ready for the original version is understandable (though it sounds quite finished already to me, but then again, I'm no expert in telling that sort of thing). Not in Greatest Hits version is weird. Not even for Reignited Trilogy is even more confusing but perhaps also understandable. Oh well...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I believe that's everything. Funny how over half of them don't even have anything to do with Faye.

Faye confronting Chaos in chapter 3 is not actually required. As long as she doesn't die, the game assumes the confrontation between the two happened.

Now defeating Chaos is of course pretty insane. But you can also get around the event by simply ignoring Chaos and letting Sakhalin die.
Makes me think that initially the mission required all 3 priests to survive instead of just one of them. So you would have actually been forced to deal with Chaos.

Edited by BrightBow

Well, I just played a bit of FE6xna.

I mean... the engine is fancy, but ultimately, it's just another FE6 rebalance with changes to the story and portraits that aren't much to my liking. Not to take away from the effort it took to make it, but I think I'll keep waiting for Binding Blade +. Or, y'know... maybe I'll just end up giving up and playing vanilla FE6 again.

...Maaan it's taking so long for the 6th of April to arrive...

10 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Is squinting with a smile a requisite to work at Nintendo?

Shouzou Kaga at IntSys:

d62ca40a38ef32d2062edbab2e321c4d2642f5ab

Shouzou Kaga after leaving IntSys:

I8QoC3Q.jpg

Excuse the fake quote, the only other version of this image I could find was on the fandom wiki and we know how troublesome it is to share fandom wiki images

9 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Neither do I. I loosely paid attention to it b/c I turned it on, liking the TV on the background even if I'm not really watching it.

But yes, Best Supporting Actor was won this year by an IRL man who is deaf. I just so happened to take notice of the show when he began his award speech in sign language. The speech dragged on a little long, but that's typical of the Oscars in general. (And, I'll cut the man some slack, probably a year ago he couldn't have imagined becoming an award-winning actor, how many people with disabilities ever get good acting jobs? He deserved to blabber on.) The movie he starred in being CODA, which was mentioned by commentator as an acronym meaning "Child Of Deaf Adults", the movie being a coming-of-age story in which the main character is the only person who can hear in a deaf family. CODA also won Best Picture- the last revealed and greatest of the awards.

Well, that's pretty neat. Good on the Oscars.

As for why the Academy Awards/Oscars get the attention that they do, I'd would imagine it's a tradition/holdover from "the Golden Age of Hollywood". That era being the 1920-60s, when cinema when the films that won were films that common folk actually saw. Nowadays, the award ceremonies tend to focus on the more niche and artsy stuff, which is important, yet separate from the popular entertainment. Not helping is that back in the 1930s when this era began, you didn't have many alternatives to movies -television was a 50s thing- nor was it so easy to make them. And then when TV took off, Hollywood stepped in to fill the airwaves with reruns of their classics. In the modern world nearly a century after Hollywood's florishing began, despite monopolistic conglomerates like Disney, there is a glut of content available to billions of people around the world. Having a movie that "everybody" goes to see is next to impossible, since people have so much freedom of choice in film and TV shows.

Yeah, ultimately, the Oscars are just a group of people sitting down to tell you which movies are the best. It's nothing more than the opinion of a few folks, elevated to artificial relevance by exposure. Who cares, really?

5 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Faye confronting Chaos in chapter 3 is not actually required. As long as she doesn't die, the game assumes the confrontation between the two happened.

Now defeating Chaos is of course pretty insane. But you can also get around the event by simply ignoring Chaos and letting Sakhalin die.
Makes me think that initially the mission required all 3 priests to survive instead of just one of them. So you would have actually been forced to deal with Chaos.

Oh, I was not aware of that. Then I guess technically speaking, the more optimal thing would be to do the Leticia event lol. You get cheaper Volo and Faye is not affected. Of course, that's only in theory. Killing Chaos is not easy.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Let me see if I can go over the steps from memory.

Reveal hidden contents

Have Faye confront Chaos in mission 3-main.

Permanently recruit Faye.

Rescue Minas from the evil Count Theodore and reunite her with her beloved Barselphon so they may live happily ever after in mission 6-main.

Perform the citizen request to recover a costume from the inn in mission 7-main.

View the event in which the evil Count Theodore defeats the tragic hero Barselphon in singular combat and kidnaps the unfortunate Minas, who will no doubt endure lifelong suffering at his hands, in chapter 11.

Talk to Minas, then to Theodore in the final chapter.

I believe that's everything. Funny how over half of them don't even have anything to do with Faye.

Thank you for the refresher! It's been quite some time i guess, haha. Should get back to replaying that sometime!

^"Pro Nuzlocker" shows up on my Youtube recommendations once in a while, but fuck me if I'll ever click a video where somebody calls themself a "pro nuzlocker".

(For all I know that person might be really clever and funny, but I refuse to humour that sort of clickbait)

58 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

OUR wife ~ Arvis

And all this time I thought that Arvis's red colour scheme was meant to show his prowess with fire magic... What a fool I was.

https://images2.imgbox.com/2d/4e/GTjRqxvH_o.png

This appeared yesterday in my Youtube recommended feed. I'm just posting it here because I don't understand. Why in the world did Adult Swim, of all things, post this? Why now, of all times? How bizarre. I mean, I won't complain about my childhood being mentioned by relatively-big-deal Adult Swim, but still... where did that come from?

28 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ruben, do you kill Theodore in ch6 or not?

You can, yes. It's not absolutely necessary, though. In fact, it makes no difference what happens to him as long as you grab Minas. But it's better to kill him, I mean, you don't want to have a lance knight on the loose.

9 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

NKYCDfx.png

Now's when I call you a hentai reader and you offer some feeble excuse for this conglomerate of multiple fetishes

11 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I almost thought it was Kirby with super long legs.

2 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

image0.jpg?width=625&height=585

This is shaping up to be my new favorite meme of the season.

42 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ruben, do you kill Theodore in ch6 or not?

If you don't kill him yourself, Ward will just kill him off-screen. So things play out the same as long as you used that net.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

@Benice

Nice. Thank you very much!

48 minutes ago, pong said:

"Pro Nuzlocker" shows up on my Youtube recommendations once in a while, but fuck me if I'll ever click a video where somebody calls themself a "pro nuzlocker".

(For all I know that person might be really clever and funny, but I refuse to humour that sort of clickbait)

It is indeed clickbaity, but I don't mind clickbait if there's substance behind it. That's just me personally, though.

'Morning!

Edited by Benice

27 minutes ago, Benice said:

It is indeed clickbaity, but I don't mind clickbait if there's substance behind it. That's just me personally, though.

For me, the schematic "Professional XYZ comments on thing!!!" already comes across a bit haughty to begin with, and with XYZ being "Nuzlocker", it just weirds me out a little. Even if it's probably technically true and they earn money by producing videos of themself playing ironpokémon.

Which is my own personal perception, of course.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

NKYCDfx.png

I'm already looking forward for the sequel "Attack of the 20-foot Vagina Dentata"