Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

41 minutes ago, Benice said:

Nah, didn't mean it as a criticism! It is a fair observation that the female form seems to be a muse more often than the male one.

Female characters often are given more freedom in their designs with thousands of different hairstyles and clothing, an aspect I hope men in general will feel comfortable adapting in the future, both in fiction and in real life.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

In a perfect world. Alas, people don't like change.

We'll get there someday. A world in which people are thoughtful of each other's ways.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hence why I'm such a fan of beards! Facial hair allows for so much design variety when making a male character. The possibilities are quite broad, and yet, all too often they go for the most boring look imaginable.

I was just thinking how fun it would be to have a bearded character with a Mesopotamia style of beard.

Hammurabi Biography - Facts, Childhood, Family Life ...

That or take inspiration from Edward Teach and light the beard on fire.

39 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Fun fact: For reasons I am still unsure of, this video is my current homepage and has been for years now.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You, too? Is there nobody here who would post fanart of Elise with Siegfried instead?!

Well I needed to get Sakura in there, It is the Cherry Blossom Festival week.

40 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hopefully my quote didnt offend anyone here. Sorry if that was the case, it wasnt my intention.

Not at all, don't worry. I do agree with the quote.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

3 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Mission successful then!

You are worse than Garon.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Female characters often are given more freedom in their designs with thousands of different hairstyles and clothing, an aspect I hope men in general will feel comfortable adapting in the future, both in fiction and in real life.

Used to be in the form of facial hair, but nowadays there is exactly one type of beard that is socially acceptable for the handsome young man archetype.

Oof.

I was just thinking how fun it would be to have a bearded character with a Mesopotamia style of beard.

Hammurabi Biography - Facts, Childhood, Family Life ...

Please.

That or take inspiration from Edward Teach and light the beard on fire.

Oh yeah, that's why they called him Blackbeard, right? That'd be way too epic.

Fun fact: For reasons I am still unsure of, this video is my current homepage and has been for years now.

It's as great a meme as any to have as a homepage.

Well I needed to get Sakura in there, It is the Cherry Blossom Festival week.

Grrr.

2 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh yeah, that's why they called him Blackbeard, right? That'd be way too epic.

I would argue that, given that his name was Teach, he should have been called Blackboard.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'd agree, that would be nice.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

coming from you that's compliment, considering how much you love Garon 😛 

Well, admittedly, "worse than Garon" is a category that houses a great many people.

But you're still worse than Garon.

Garon wouldn't sexualize Elise.

Garon is decent like that.

Be more like Garon.

Just now, Benice said:

I would argue that, given that his name was Teach, he should have been called Blackboard.

And I would argue that, given that your name is Benice, we should call you Venice.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

1 minute ago, Benice said:

Nah, should've been Vaike.

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And I would argue that, given that your name is Benice, we should call you Venice.

You may do that if you so choose, Reuben.

...Serenes, why won't you let me quote today?

Ah, there we go.

4 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I'd have Vaiked to see that.

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Used to be in the form of facial hair, but nowadays there is exactly one type of beard that is socially acceptable for the handsome young man archetype.

Oof.

Big oof indeed.

But do I have a Chrom for you!

11 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Grrr.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

This made me laugh way more than it should've.

Took a few tries on Faye's swamp skirmish, Faramir being the primary issue. Neither long nor difficult, and possibly 1-turnable even had I tried. Since the boss in the lower right had two anima tomes, quite the rarity in enemy ranks, I brought Thaddy and with a little Provoke help from Elbert stole both of them, even if I should've gone for a capture or stolen the Swarm for the collector instead.

The supply mission with all that destructible fencing got a little out of hand at a moment or two (Marcel got crippled, I gave Izerna's new orb with a generous 12 uses a try), but it was on the easier side. Marcel got fed a bunch of kills, but he still hasn't as much as reached level 10, so I doubt there is enough easy EXP left for him to shed his 3 Move nonsense (I don't get why they had to shackle him like this). Elbert destroyed almost every single fence and building, and managed just barely to hit 20 Spear rank doing that. But alas, his Sword remains 19 now, one more fight and hopefully he'll be promoted.

The boss fled on the valley battle, but I had already missed two fugitives and have over 100k in cash reserves, so it's not a big deal. The pirates being so afraid of climbing the cliffs and those pesky horse archers slowed the pace of the battle, while at the same time letting my team clear the east side before handling the west. Not doing this battle before Faye & Faramir's denied me the blue-haired safeguard against the assassins, but thankfully they don't move around on this map, it's an easy introduction to major danger. I admittedly fell for the obvious trap at the northern edge of the map, but Larentia dodged it.😅

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

So, I decided to start Pokemon Unbound right away and I chose Larvitar in honor of @Punished Dayni . Even though it sucks

Jwhnp0ym oAq6dfuo4 o

Now I feel bad for the Gible

11 hours ago, Benice said:

...Unless there was NSFW stuff and I just didn't see 'em.

Smug stockings | Smug Anime Face | Know Your Meme

He's doing a review of one of my favorite Youtuber's nuzlocke soon, and I'm quite nervous and excited about it.

Who is your favourite? 👀

Eh? Couldn't you just use any Steel type and sweep the entire gym?

The problem is that postgame trainers are severely underleveled.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You calling it a horror movie only pushes it yet further away from me.

It gives you existential dread 🙂

How would you react if you found out that your whole life was a lie and that everyone around you is faking it?

9 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Oh.

Who is your favourite? 👀

In this case, PBG. I've been watching his content since 2012! He's how I found the Zelda CD-i games, in fact! I've loved his content on all three of his channels throughout their histories.

I didn't know that he had done a Nuzlocke, though. It seems that it was of Alpha Sapphire.

The problem is that postgame trainers are severely underleveled.

Ah, I see.

Edited by Benice

5 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

ayy enjoy!

What difficulty did you pick?

Difficult because I don't have the patience for EV training. I also put it in set mode, banned items and put on a hard cap.

I put the puzzles in easy, though. Fuck puzzles, I'm not interested in them.

8 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Difficult because I don't have the patience for EV training. I also put it in set mode, banned items and put on a hard cap.

I put the puzzles in easy, though. Fuck puzzles, I'm not interested in them.

exact same ayy (also with cap i hope you mean capped EXP share because the game is balanced towards that)

Also you don't have to teach your mons HM moves aslong as they can learn HMs, the HMs can be used without them needing to learn them.

Post game you don't even need HMs anymore as you get a tool that can use all HMs

Edited by Shrimpolaris

6VufQXb.png

Y3MeGSG.png

I still have my stromsilver save from 2016 ayy

Edit: Damn was Gen 4 slow

yh i am never touching Gen 4 again with that speed lol

Edited by Shrimpolaris

1 hour ago, Benice said:

You may do that if you so choose, Reuben.

Oi!

1 hour ago, GuardianSing said:

Big oof indeed.

But do I have a Chrom for you!

A great improvement indeed. I might've actually given him experience if that's what he looked like.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Took a few tries on Faye's swamp skirmish, Faramir being the primary issue. Neither long nor difficult, and possibly 1-turnable even had I tried. Since the boss in the lower right had two anima tomes, quite the rarity in enemy ranks, I brought Thaddy and with a little Provoke help from Elbert stole both of them, even if I should've gone for a capture or stolen the Swarm for the collector instead.

I once accidentally 1-turned it by throwing Faramir at the boss. He got a crit.

Of course, this is an extremely unlikely outcome, given he has Swordbane and sleep. You have to kill him in one shot or he puts Faramir to sleep. Faye does not stand a chance.

The supply mission with all that destructible fencing got a little out of hand at a moment or two (Marcel got crippled, I gave Izerna's new orb with a generous 12 uses a try), but it was on the easier side. Marcel got fed a bunch of kills, but he still hasn't as much as reached level 10, so I doubt there is enough easy EXP left for him to shed his 3 Move nonsense (I don't get why they had to shackle him like this). Elbert destroyed almost every single fence and building, and managed just barely to hit 20 Spear rank doing that. But alas, his Sword remains 19 now, one more fight and hopefully he'll be promoted.

Haha, yeah, razing the supply camp to the ground is a great way to get some extra weapon level training in. Good to know Elbert made it to 20 spear! Sword rank is no biggie. He'll be good after another scuffle.

The boss fled on the valley battle, but I had already missed two fugitives and have over 100k in cash reserves, so it's not a big deal. The pirates being so afraid of climbing the cliffs and those pesky horse archers slowed the pace of the battle, while at the same time letting my team clear the east side before handling the west. Not doing this battle before Faye & Faramir's denied me the blue-haired safeguard against the assassins, but thankfully they don't move around on this map, it's an easy introduction to major danger. I admittedly fell for the obvious trap at the northern edge of the map, but Larentia dodged it.😅

100k in cash reserves.

Fuckin' how, lol. I'm always strapped for cash in this game... There's so much to spend it on!

Anyway, yes, a single forest tile right next to an item is a pretty obvious ambush.

43 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Due to Youtube recommendations, I know where this comes from.

It surprises me not that you do, too.

35 minutes ago, Benice said:

In this case, PBG. I've been watching his content since 2012! He's how I found the Zelda CD-i games, in fact! I've loved his content on all three of his channels throughout their histories.

This makes me realize I've not really watched any Youtubers consistently for a while.

If I had to point to a favorite Youtuber... Eehhh right now, I'd say Manlybadasshero. I love his style, and the sort of games that he plays are super watchable, and he goes quite in-depth on them too. I don't watch him all that often, as his videos are full playthroughs that require time, but whenever I do, it's a great time.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

A great improvement indeed. I might've actually given him experience if that's what he looked like.

I'd expect no less from a lord who east unpeeled Oranges.

---

I'm at a crossroads on what I should build in Terraria to store my herbs, I was thinking either a Maya observatory like Uaxactun or a Sakura Tree.

I never liked Demoman in TF2 much, but turns out, I've found a playstyle I like.

The playstyle is, use the sticky jumper to harmlessly fly to the enemy backlines and land on top of their snipers scaring the crap out of them. Then I tell them to play Berwick Saga and proceed to die when anyone else starts shooting at me.

I love this game. No other multiplayer FPS feels quite so... free.

I'd expect no less from a lord who east unpeeled Oranges.

How can you eat unpeeled oranges and not have a beard? It's outrageous. It's unfair!

I'm at a crossroads on what I should build in Terraria to store my herbs, I was thinking either a Maya observatory like Uaxactun or a Sakura Tree.

Uaxactun looks pretty awesome. Do share pics when you've made some progress!

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Based.

I haven’t watched him in a loooong time, but based nonetheless.

I've watched some of his stuff myself. He's all right, not one of my favorites, but fun.

*Attempts Chapter 10 main mission. Resorts to popping a use of Dire Thunder and kills 2 enemies in the first four turns.*

*Vester shows up at the start of turn 5.*

😨

No idiot! I haven't gotten as much gotten within movement range of the front gate. Barge in and you will be slaughtered.

They seriously overdid the initial defense. Supporter-Charm-Counter-High Def-Pulverize Axe Knights, a Sniper Arrow Archer, two Lance knights, a Darkmend bishop to ruin your hard work, and a decently strong horse archer on top. A few of these would've been fine, but the entire setup is necessitating a fatality.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

100k in cash reserves.

Fuckin' how, lol. I'm always strapped for cash in this game... There's so much to spend it on!

Furniture is of no importance to me. Reese is a Commanderbot with mediocre combat, and the Tapestry is much too expensive to buff that role. Mercenaries are now almost entirely a thing of the past. Other than two chapters, I haven't as much as checked the Pavilion. 

My concern is right now is that I'm running low on storage space. I try to offload stuff on the unused characters, but I'm running out of that.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

*Attempts Chapter 10 main mission. Resorts to popping a use of Dire Thunder and kills 2 enemies in the first four turns.*

*Vester shows up at the start of turn 5.*

😨

No idiot! I haven't gotten as much gotten within movement range of the front gate. Barge in and you will be slaughtered.

They seriously overdid the initial defense. Supporter-Charm-Counter-High Def-Pulverize Axe Knights, a Sniper Arrow Archer, two Lance knights, a Darkmend bishop to ruin your hard work, and a decently strong horse archer on top. A few of these would've been fine, but the entire setup is necessitating a fatality.

Chapter 10 is infamous, yeah. Not a map I dislike, personally, but... Yeah. Suffice to say, the map lends a certain irony to Vester's description of the fort as "entirely ordinary, defended by entirely ordinary soldiers."

Entirely ordinary. Three out of the first five enemies are named minibosses, the other two are lancers. And that's before you even cross the gate.

Entirely ordinary.

Furniture is of no importance to me. Reese is a Commanderbot with mediocre combat, and the Tapestry is much too expensive to buff that role. Mercenaries are now almost entirely a thing of the past. Other than two chapters, I haven't as much as checked the Pavilion. 

Yeah but like, I like, buy weapons lol. That's where a lot of my money tends to go.

My concern is right now is that I'm running low on storage space. I try to offload stuff on the unused characters, but I'm running out of that.

This, on the other hand, has never been a problem. The shops being readily available between maps and the abundance of bags means I can just outfit everyone with whatever they need and leave nothing in reserve. The only time I ever enter the vault in my runs is to pick up the two free bags. As for the materials, just leave them at the atelier!

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's still so silly that Degroot Keep remains the only map like this. I always liked it. It's a huge mess, but a fun one.

Edited by Saint Rubenio