Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

Heh, I’m glad I’m not the only one who immediately thought of this.

075.jpg

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Nothing in that artist's page remotely counted as degenerate.

It may not be degenerate by this thread's standards, but that doesn't mean it's not degenerate.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I love this game. No other multiplayer FPS feels quite so... free.

I remember an occasion when my team made it to the enemy's intelligence room, but the intelligence wasn't there (nor were there any enemies). So instead we all just did the conga.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

35 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

It may not be degenerate by this thread's standards, but that doesn't mean it's not degenerate.

only because the internet is going through a prude phase right now where skin=degenerate

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Today in Rune Factory 5, i completed the second dungeon, got some new monster friends and have just now met Beatrice. Now that Priscilla and Beatrice are in town, i can begin their character events and see which one i'll like more.

I've pretty much gotten used to the technical problems at this point. Honestly i'd say the worst part about it is the pop-in, it is really bad. Everything else doesn't bother me too much.

I do have one big gripe with the gameplay: Rune Abilities have been nerfed. You pretty much stop dead in your tracks every time you cast them, which means no more spamming Wind Blades.

6 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Male characters do often have the most boring designs in my eyes, usually just restricted to a simple top and trousers with short hair and a clean face

It's just like in real life. Fashion for men is.......well there isn't a whole lot really. A fair exchange for actually having pockets in our pants i suppose.

Not that i'm one to talk about fashion, i'm very much a "function over fashion" type of guy.

4 hours ago, Benice said:

In this case, PBG. I've been watching his content since 2012! He's how I found the Zelda CD-i games, in fact! I've loved his content on all three of his channels throughout their histories.

Based Benice.

Admittedly, i haven't seen much of PBG in a while.

I really enjoyed his Minecraft Hardcore series, a shame real life basically put a stop to that.

1 minute ago, Elina said:

I honestly can’t figure out what you’re supposed to post in this thread

It's a general chat thread. So anything goes basically.

On the plus side, cut enough heads and the hydra dies from having too little blood to circulate for all the new arteries and veins that pop up due to all the new heads.

That's one version on how the hydra was killed. The other was quickly cauterizing the wounds with fire so more heads couldn't grow from the neck stumps.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Chapter 10 is infamous, yeah. Not a map I dislike, personally, but... Yeah. Suffice to say, the map lends a certain irony to Vester's description of the fort as "entirely ordinary, defended by entirely ordinary soldiers."

Entirely ordinary. Three out of the first five enemies are named minibosses, the other two are lancers. And that's before you even cross the gate.

Entirely ordinary.

I'm at a total loss on how to handle this.

I swapped Perceval for Enid and she cleanly OHKOs the first axe knight with her signature spell, but then she needs protection against being OHKO'ed. Dean can OHKO the archer, but then he needs the first action on the second turn to avoid being Pulverized. And Ward needs to Guard Enid against the three horsemen, except even shielding on each hit sees him killed in two. It's like I'd need an Adept proc and two Ladyblade crits from Larentia to kill one lancer, probably a precious Miracle Charm on Enid, and a separate dodge from Enid as well. It's too much mandatory RNG for mere survival.

-Although maybe Larentia can be used to block a lance strike, causing the enemy to split them between two separate characters (and perhaps cause the horse archer to target Larentia) and that'll get me through. Or would fielding Burroughs for the first time and having him shoot a bolt (I know there's a beneficial glitch with him) let me do something important?🤔 10 deployment slots feels a little low.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As for the materials, just leave them at the atelier!

I didn't realize this was possible.😅 It isn't exactly explained or straightforward that can you do this. But that does empty like three bags' worth of space now. Thanks.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

1 hour ago, Elina said:

This is just a general chat thread, so you can talk about whatever… and the talks usually degenerate into what you’ve seen.

Alright, won the De-Fluffing Festival and rescued Dolce. Hmm, I'm getting close to end Act I... ah, it had certainly been a while.

5 hours ago, Sooks said:

Based.

I haven’t watched him in a loooong time, but based nonetheless.

Nice.

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

Based Benice.

Admittedly, i haven't seen much of PBG in a while.

Yeah, the algorhythm hasn't been too kind to his channel as of late, sadly.

He does have a second channel, Peebs, which is quite active, though!

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I really enjoyed his Minecraft Hardcore series, a shame real life basically put a stop to that.

Oh yeah, the HC series was the best! It introduced me to a lot of content creators I enjoy. I always loved Barry's role in the HC series, but he was ever elusive and I couldn't find if he was anywhere near the internet anymore. It was a genuine shock and joy for me when I had some chap named "Barry Kramer" recommended to me by Twitch's algorithm, and lo and behold, I finally had located the legendary Barry.

Heck, PBGameplay in general was just lovely. PB&Jeff was so good.

4 hours ago, Elina said:

You tell people to play the games you like, and everyone but Sooks will ignore you!

...Aside from that, it's just a chattin' room.

I stopped by the Cinder Volcano for today. I found the game's experience curve a little strange at first. I liked the fact that I had access to some of my favorite pokemon very early on in the game, but the moveset leaves something to be desired. Got a shiny Electrike though

Xkug8u0t oNeztzlor oKetlhr9t o

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

yh i am never touching Gen 4 again with that speed lol

You can uncap the FPS by modifying the ROM or using action replay codes. Some hacks already come with the option to play at 60fps. I recommend Following Renegade Platinum,  where the "pokemon that follow you" gimmick from HGSS were backported while using Renegade Platinum as a base.

Also, you should check Gen 5 for the smoothest experience

8 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Due to Youtube recommendations, I know where this comes from.

It surprises me not that you do, too.

Gainax's masterpiece.

Chat threads is basically where over 85%~ of my Serenes activity is. Thirteen years of seeing people come and go, bouncing from one corner of FftF to another... where has it all go...

41 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Chat threads is basically where over 85%~ of my Serenes activity is. Thirteen years of seeing people come and go, bouncing from one corner of FftF to another... where has it all go...

SKAcm9G.gif

Edited by Newtype06

That moment when beloved characters like Coleman Trebor, Ben Quadinaros, Aunt Beru and Glup Shitto aren't playable in this game, but "random-ass character who only existed in one level of the original Lego Star Wars so the second player wouldn't be stuck with a droid" Rebel Friend made it.

I know I keep talking about this. Sorry, I just find it so funny. This guy's such a huge middle finger to everyone who was taking this way too seriously, and I love it.

12 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I remember an occasion when my team made it to the enemy's intelligence room, but the intelligence wasn't there (nor were there any enemies). So instead we all just did the conga.

Yes, this is what I love about this game. You've a share of tryhards, but for the most part, people just don't take it too seriously. What other game can you think of where the entire server will just drop their arms and have a party? Not to mention the game itself encourages this! I still remember the day they added the ability to perform group taunts with enemies. Never in the history of TF2 has there been such a widespread friendliness. You couldn't find a regular match if you tried during the first days of the Love and War update.

On that subject, one of my favorite little things in TF2 is when I find myself isolated and facing a lone enemy in some remote corner of the map. We are enemies, we know we must fight, but we also know the match doesn't hinge on this encounter. In this situation, I'll often stop and offer to settle our differences through a match of rock paper scissors. And more often than not, the enemy will take me up on my offer! Not something you'd see in another game, no.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

A fair exchange for actually having pockets in our pants i suppose.

I dunno man. I'd take a purse over pockets.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'm at a total loss on how to handle this.

I swapped Perceval for Enid and she cleanly OHKOs the first axe knight with her signature spell, but then she needs protection against being OHKO'ed. Dean can OHKO the archer, but then he needs the first action on the second turn to avoid being Pulverized. And Ward needs to Guard Enid against the three horsemen, except even shielding on each hit sees him killed in two. It's like I'd need an Adept proc and two Ladyblade crits from Larentia to kill one lancer, probably a precious Miracle Charm on Enid, and a separate dodge from Enid as well. It's too much mandatory RNG for mere survival.

-Although maybe Larentia can be used to block a lance strike, causing the enemy to split them between two separate characters (and perhaps cause the horse archer to target Larentia) and that'll get me through. Or would fielding Burroughs for the first time and having him shoot a bolt (I know there's a beneficial glitch with him) let me do something important?🤔 10 deployment slots feels a little low.

This map is rough, yeah. Danfar, Murin and Lester are three names I remember, despite being on completely generic minibosses, because... well, they don't need portraits or quotes to make an impression. Best of luck dealing with them.

About Burroughs and his glitch... Honestly, I can't say I've ever used it. I don't even know how to. The man is quite useful even without it.

I didn't realize this was possible.😅 It isn't exactly explained or straightforward that can you do this. But that does empty like three bags' worth of space now. Thanks.

You're welcome! Actually, the game does explain it. I don't remember if they do in a mandatory cutscene, but if you talk to Danton, he will give you a few pointers about how the atelier works. Among them, the ability to store materials at the atelier, free of cost. Still, I can understand you might've missed that you can speak to Danton at all, haha.

9 hours ago, Sooks said:

This is just a general chat thread, so you can talk about whatever… and the talks usually degenerate into what you’ve seen.

@Shrimpolaris Post the Teehee iceberg.

7 hours ago, Benice said:

PB&Jeff was so good.

I'll admit, I've watched more of this than either of them alone. I don't really remember why. I think I was looking for a specific game and stumbled into them at random, then watched a few more of their stuff. They had a fun dynamic.

5 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

In the remake: "Keep my mother's name out your ducking mouth."

Edited by Saint Rubenio

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That moment when beloved characters like Coleman Trebor, Ben Quadinaros, Aunt Beru and Glup Shitto aren't playable in this game, but "random-ass character who only existed in one level of the original Lego Star Wars so the second player wouldn't be stuck with a droid" Rebel Friend made it.

I know I keep talking about this. Sorry, I just find it so funny. This guy's such a huge middle finger to everyone who was taking this way too seriously, and I love it.

To be fair, it's not quite the same thing because Rebel Friend was in the previous games, so it makes sense to keep him around. I'm just glad Nute Gunray is in.

I finished Chapter 7... wait, already? Chapter 6 was the length of two or three chapters, so maybe it makes sense.

Spoiler

Somehow, Weissmann returned. He's nice enough to explain some lingering plot points: after the Aureole disappeared, Phantasma needed a new master and picked Kevin. Gehenna and the Lord of Phastasma manifested from Kevin's Stigma after Phantasma copied it, or something like that. Weissmann is up to his old tricks of trying to make the perfect human, just with Kevin this time instead of Joshua (this plan was why he joined Ouroboros in the first place). Not even being dead is enough to push his plans out of his mind. This ends up giving Kevin character development and he gets a new S-craft for the occasion. Though defeated, Weissmann promises that he will continue to exist as long as Phantasma does... It was nice to see Weissmann again, if only for a brief time.

When all hope seems lost, the entire party shows up to save Kevin and Ries (also Gilbert), and they proceed to RIP AND TEAR the demons. Some fun details are that Tita, Olivier, and Josette provide cover fire while Schera and Kloe use arts, and Renne leaps off of Estelle and Joshua's demon to get at the one farthest back.

Anyway, I am aware that the final chapter has an optional dungeon with four bosses and the last Star Door. I might use it to level up my weaker party members and to get enough battles for Star Door 13, then I'll go back for all the bosses after viewing that door.