Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not for lacking of wanting her here. She and Larentia would've been fielded if I had the two extra slots. I'm not entirely sure why, but I swapped her out for Sherpa. I questioned how much use a good archer would have in this fight.

Eh, it's a fine decision. Sherpa's a great guy to have around.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A few more reloads won't kill me, since I'll be killed before I hit "Load" yet again.

Axel came along for searching for the one house because I was concerned that I could use the extra firepower for the initial six enemies. And I did, I think he chopped the horse archer from over the river. Basically everyone, even a Leon dumped after the first couple chapters, contributed to overcoming that impeccable defense.

Yeah, that's Axel's main advantage as a searcher. He's a searcher that can fight.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

606664156_Capture2022-03-2818_26_18.thumb.png.32734693c40dbbd526dac3786fd0b967.png

Here we go, a simple start. I decided to combine both of my ideas and have a Sakura tree burst out of the temple where the rest of the herbs can grow.

This brick also gives it that old and dilapidated look like most Mayan ruins have today but later on I may change it to the colorful stucco patterns it would've had in history.

That looks really great.

7 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

In fairness, this is the Zelda team we're talking about, and those guys have had a pretty good track record for delaying a game and coming out with an absolute banger.

I don't deny the game's going to be good, but people's imaginations run wild when given time.

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Larvitar, why are you subpar?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I mean, it's really nothing too impressive. I know more names than I care to know. But since I hardly watch TV and I'm generally none too fond of the celebrity nonsense or movies, I tend to be less knowledgable than most.

I mean, Everybody Hates Chris is a cultural phenomenon in certain parts of the world, and Will Smith was one of the biggest 00's stars. The fact that this happened in one of the biggest ceremonies means that it's going to be the talk of the day.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

If the game's being delayed, it means we're going to end up getting a better game.

Cyberpunk 2077 terá transmissão especial amanhã (15) com novidades | Voxel

29 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

well, i never touched 6 or anything post 7, either, but unlike 5 not really interested in those

I think Gen 6 is worth it to see the good ideas they had around. Eternal X and Wilting Y are the romhacks that I think live up to their potential.

1 hour ago, Newtype06 said:

I mean, Everybody Hates Chris is a cultural phenomenon in certain parts of the world, and Will Smith was one of the biggest 00's stars. The fact that this happened in one of the biggest ceremonies means that it's going to be the talk of the day.

Multiple days, apparently. They've gone over every milisecond of footage and milked it for as much as they could. Which wasn't a lot. Because, ultimately, the fact that they're celebrities doesn't change that all that happened was, some guy slapped some other guy because he was mean to some woman. Not exactly the most riveting and world-changing of events. Not much you can say about it.

Sorry, I'm just not too into the whole concept of celebrities, generally speaking, least of all actors. So I'll admit, I couldn't care less.

3 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Wha

I don't understand what you're trying to tell me here. You think it's wrong that I don't know who Chris Rock is? You hate Senator Armstrong? You think celebrity bullshit is cool? What is it, old man?

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wha

I don't understand what you're trying to tell me here. You think it's wrong that I don't know who Chris Rock is? You hate Senator Armstrong? You think celebrity bullshit is cool? What is it, old man?

3 hours ago, BrightBow said:

It's worth noting that almost all the hidden enemies in the town, except for like 1 or 2 near the entrance, use "House AI". As in, they will only move between houses. So just because you are in their movement range doesn't automatically make you vulnerable. Because if they can't attack you from a house, they can't attack you at all.

A dick move is that in the Eastern edge of the town, there is a crossbow guy with Watchful. So if you rely on Czene to reveal the enemies while keeping her hidden, that guy can throw a wrench in that. Fortunately it's the only enemy with Watchful on this map.

Thank you for the information! Interesting programming, AI that plays like urban guerrillas. Flavorful and potentially threatening.

3 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Even if so, the phrase itself isn't demerited even if it's not coming from who supposedly said it. The phrase still exists, therefore it is.

True. I wasn't denying the inherent value of the phrase (though development hell does have its problems, particularly when mid-development console era transitions come into play), only the attribution. And let's face it, the supposed authoritative attribution has played a role in making it sound memorable.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't be so sure. People clung to hype for games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga for years on end. If anything, delays like this only build hype further, because people start to fantasize, they start to dream about what they could be doing with that extra time, they start to convince themselves that the delays will result in the game being the greatest thing ever created by mankind... And then the game comes out and people become disappointed that their absurd expectations weren't met. Then they yell at the devs and call them lazy.

I recall seeing on the Internet once one of those overly long German compound words, whose meaning was "feeling when you realize the world you can imagine in your mind, cannot be matched in the world of reality". I need to find out what that word was.

I hate hype. No matter whether the game is announced with a release date in its first trailer or spends five years in the oven without learning almost anything for the first four years of development, I stick my head in the sand. I'll skim few reviews when the game releases, and that'll be it. Speculation, in financial markets and product development alike, is a very risky business, with no guarantee to yield good payouts.

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not exactly the most riveting and world-changing of events. Not much you can say about it.

Which reminds me what National Public Radio reporter said of the event. Sky high inflation in the US, Ukraine, global and local erosion of democracy, right-wing states banning LGBTQ education. Lots of important stories to talk about, but one celebrity's inappropriate behavior forces her and others to take time away from them. It also reflects poorly on this people who have all the money we could ever dream of, and yet can't play it remotely cool when it comes to a single joke that hits a nerve. Respect for Hollywood going 📉. And it detracts from any culturally-notable Oscar wins, like Best Supporting Actor for the first going to a man who is deaf.

All this said, I don't mind a few lighter stories being tossed around in the news. I found the "Megxit" controversy in the British royal family a guilty pleasure for myself. Since being about a modern purely figurehead family, it was superficial, yet through the topics of race and mental health, allowed it to pass as a more serious matter, without being too bleakly real.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

and your reaction something that would be great to see

Oh, you'd like that, wouldn't you? Normally I might skip it to annoy you, but I'd like to see Star Door 14 so...

I'll have the reaction images prepared, I'm sure I'll need them.

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Btw, the only way you can fight the dungeon’s final boss is if you beat the other three bosses all in one go (without leaving or switching your party). This boss is very good for exp and sepith iirc, as well as getting an ultimate weapon.

Right, that's why I was planning to get 400 battles and then fight the bosses after viewing Star Door 13. I hear that powerful weapons drop from some enemies so that's another reason to spend time there.

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

C'mon Rubenio, Chris Rock was one of the five Chrises in that Oscar song I posted the other day. You should remember these things.

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I think people would be more surprised if BotW2 actually released in 2022. It seems Nintendo didn't want it to compete with Xenoblade Chronicles 3.

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Don't be so sure. People clung to hype for games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga for years on end. If anything, delays like this only build hype further, because people start to fantasize, they start to dream about what they could be doing with that extra time, they start to convince themselves that the delays will result in the game being the greatest thing ever created by mankind... And then the game comes out and people become disappointed that their absurd expectations weren't met. Then they yell at the devs and call them lazy.

Or they can be Square, because I'm pretty sure their games taking forever to release is a marketing strategy. By the time people don't like it, everyone already bought it.

Edited by Lightchao42

42 minutes ago, WraithReborn said:

Responding with another enigma, are you? Well, then.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Thank you for the information! Interesting programming, AI that plays like urban guerrillas. Flavorful and potentially threatening.

I do wish the game was more clear about their behavior. It's an important part of staying alive in this map.

I recall seeing on the Internet once one of those overly long German compound words, whose meaning was "feeling when you realize the world you can imagine in your mind, cannot be matched in the world of reality". I need to find out what that word was.

I hate hype. No matter whether the game is announced with a release date in its first trailer or spends five years in the oven without learning almost anything for the first four years of development, I stick my head in the sand. I'll skim few reviews when the game releases, and that'll be it. Speculation, in financial markets and product development alike, is a very risky business, with no guarantee to yield good payouts.

That's a prudent approach to things.

Which reminds me what National Public Radio reporter said of the event. Sky high inflation in the US, Ukraine, global and local erosion of democracy, right-wing states banning LGBTQ education. Lots of important stories to talk about, but one celebrity's inappropriate behavior forces her and others to take time away from them.

Does sound rather idiotic when you put it like that, eh?

It also reflects poorly on this people who have all the money we could ever dream of, and yet can't play it remotely cool when it comes to a single joke that hits a nerve. Respect for Hollywood going 📉.

I can't say I had much respect for Hollywood to lose. It's all so... frivolous and fake, not to mention the numerous dark sides to it.

And on the subject of money... In the humble opinion of this insignificant internet rando, these people get paid far too much for what they do. Especially the actors. At least the writers, directors, screenwriters, etc. have a creative vision and they put a lot of effort, time and of course money into bringing it to life. There's... some justification for all the cash they get. But actors? I'm not going to be one of those "acting is really easy and anyone can do it" type of guys, but it still strikes me as a far simpler task than all the rest involved in the making of a movie. Heck, they don't even do the most difficult parts of their own jobs! Whenever there's some physically demanding or risky scene to perform, they get stunt doubles to do it! And then they get paid millions upon millions for it.

Why not give the millions to the stunt doubles instead, huh? Or better yet, give the millions to people with jobs that deserve them. Or put them toward infrastructure, aid for the downtrodden, solving actual problems, even making more movies and other forms of entertainment media... Anything but fucking actors.

Anyway, sorry for the rant. I understand that this is a distinctly childish outlook. The "why isn't life fair mom?" kind that everyone ought to outgrow at some point. I guess they must've done something to deserve the millions and the literal worshipping of a big mass of people. It escapes my limited comprehension, but what do I know.

And it detracts from any culturally-notable Oscar wins, like Best Supporting Actor for the first going to a man who is deaf.

Was that a thing that happened, or just an example? As you can probably imagine, I don't follow the Oscars.

All this said, I don't mind a few lighter stories being tossed around in the news. I found the "Megxit" controversy in the British royal family a guilty pleasure for myself. Since being about a modern purely figurehead family, it was superficial, yet through the topics of race and mental health, allowed it to pass as a more serious matter, without being too bleakly real.

That's fine, yeah, but the coverage on this slapper nonsense borders the absurd. When the news started yapping about it again today, I'll admit it peeved me. Again? Just to update us on the status of Will Smith's apology? Who cares? It's just two fellows in suits acting like pre-schoolers. Keep that shit in the garbage celebrity gossip programmes where it belongs.

2 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

FO8Gck5aUAEd3TP.jpeg.jpg

No, but seriously, who in the world is Chris Rock? Not trying to be a pretend hipster or anything, I honestly have no clue who this guy is supposed to be.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

C'mon Rubenio, Chris Rock was one of the five Chrises in that Oscar song I posted the other day. You should remember these things.

...I... admit I may not have clicked on it. Or if I did, it has completely disappeared from my memory. Sorry.

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Or they can be Square, because I'm pretty sure their games taking forever to release is a marketing strategy. By the time people don't like it, everyone already bought it.

The beauty of pre-orders, ain't it.

noagz7k4jcq81.jpg

7 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

No, but seriously, who in the world is Chris Rock? Not trying to be a pretend hipster or anything, I honestly have no clue who this guy is supposed to be.

some rich actor dude

6 hours ago, twilitfalchion said:

I figured this would happen after Pokemon Gen 9's reveal.

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

but I don't see how anyone could cling to hype with this game. 

Zelda pedigree+BotW being extremely influential. 

3 hours ago, WraithReborn said:

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

My Beldum also sucked until Mega Metagross.

But Beldum evolves earlier, has a better abilitiy and moveset (pre-evolution) and less weaknesses 😣

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

FO8Gck5aUAEd3TP.jpeg.jpg

https://i.redd.it/4wgcl5dwv3q81.png

Edited by Newtype06

6 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

But Beldum evolves earlier, has a better abilitiy and moveset (pre-evolution) and less weaknesses 😣

he has it very rough early on, especially a certain battle that just completely reckt me will probably a bit easier with Larvitar. Even 2nd gym should be easier with Larvitar as it is a dark gym. 3rd one is flying which mean Larvitar has it easier as well there

6 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

https://i.redd.it/4wgcl5dwv3q81.png

pfffffffffft lmao the memes be writing themselves.

Edited by Shrimpolaris

Ugh, those hornets at Yokmir Cave. I keep forgetting to craft Para-Gone... it always happens no matter the playthrough.

But on the plus side, finally got Margaret to 7LP and now dating her! Still got to trigger the remaining three town events. Ah well...

5 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Y'know, i got Faye's ultimate blade in Berwick, but i forgot how the event works, haha. Like, what the steps are.

Let me see if I can go over the steps from memory.

Spoiler

Have Faye confront Chaos in mission 3-main.

Permanently recruit Faye.

Rescue Minas from the evil Count Theodore and reunite her with her beloved Barselphon so they may live happily ever after in mission 6-main.

Perform the citizen request to recover a costume from the inn in mission 7-main.

View the event in which the evil Count Theodore defeats the tragic hero Barselphon in singular combat and kidnaps the unfortunate Minas, who will no doubt endure lifelong suffering at his hands, in chapter 11.

Talk to Minas, then to Theodore in the final chapter.

I believe that's everything. Funny how over half of them don't even have anything to do with Faye.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Also tamed Ambrosia and I feel my party is set between her and Margaret for the time being. Though sheesh, it took almost a week for the toyherbs to merge.

7 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

scripting is hard, that you even can do it means you're smart

I suck at variables, and IF statements so much, I fucking hate them. 

But thank you.