Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

38 minutes ago, Armagon said:

cannot believe the final boss of P5 makes CS4 Curse look like a well written plot device.

Wat

Wtf

How

Why

That can't be fucking possible

39 minutes ago, Armagon said:

The first time Rivers in the Desert plays should've been the last time too, that should've been the final boss.

CS2 moment?

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

*diligently takes notes*

So Chaos;Head before anything else…

Yup!

• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Hey Atlus, i don't think you should've just immediately started the Royal storyline like that. Like i thought the main story would end, roll credits, and then the Royal storyline would start. But no, it just....starts. Ok.

This actually kinda fucks with the pacing.

Imagine if there weren't credits between CS2 ending and it's epilogue stuff.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Wat

Wtf

How

Why

That can't be fucking possible

Because at least they dropped hints for mr.curse. Doesn't make it any better comparee to this shit, it was a masterclass is subtle foreshadowing. 

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Because at least they dropped hints for mr.curse. Doesn't make it any better comparee to this shit, it was a masterclass is subtle foreshadowing. 

From what little I know of Persona, and major spoilers I've read concerning P5...

Spoiler

I think practically every Persona final boss is some manifestation of the evil side of humanity's collective unconscious. Although of course, that doesn't have to mean it has to be executed badly.

I also saw one comment suggesting "Igor" was fake was subtly foreshadowed back when the game began. Something about his first dialogue being "Welcome to my Velvet Room!". The Velvet Room does not belong to anyone, and technically, Igor has his own master -Philemon- even thought Philemon has stopped making more than butterfly cameos ever since P3.

My pities that the game went 5/10 in the last minute and postgame. Think on the bright side, at least you won't have to spend years in grueling agony waiting for the next Persona! And you'd probably think the dancing game spinoffs better than the JRPGs.

That whole thing about Igor could've also even been telegraphed in a meta way since

Spoiler

"Igor" got a new seiyuu voicing him for P5. Granted, that was because the previous one died... but then that's probably why they came up with the whole "you were not interacting with the real Igor all this time" in order to justify the new voice.

Atlus i know Rivers in the Desert bangs, you're still using it?!

Feel like i was doomed either way. I play vanilla P5, i'd be stuck with inferior gameplay mechanics. I play Royal, i get stuck with a story with already sluggish pacing not knowing when to end.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From what little I know of Persona, and major spoilers I've read concerning P5...

Reveal hidden contents
Spoiler

That line feels like a very poor justification if it's supposed to be foreshadowing. Like it's just one word at the very beginning of the game that you wouldn't even glance at. I mean i guess that's the "subtle" part....but then there's such thing as "too subtle".

Edited by Armagon

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

Atlus i know Rivers in the Desert bangs, you're still using it?!

Feel like i was doomed either way. I play vanilla P5, i'd be stuck with inferior gameplay mechanics. I play Royal, i get stuck with a story with already sluggish pacing not knowing when to end.

Reveal hidden contents

That line feels like a very poor justification if it's supposed to be foreshadowing. Like it's just one word at the very beginning of the game that you wouldn't even glance at. I mean i guess that's the "subtle" part....but then there's such thing as "too subtle".

I feel like I'm never going to have the ability to play Atlus games. Every time I think about it, I remember the green dick looking monster that I saw in some video relating to one of the Shin Megami Tensei games and the thought process is "do I really want to risk having to fight that?"

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

I cannot believe Atlus took the banger that is Rivers in the Desert and overused it.

I cannot believe the final boss of P5 makes CS4 Curse look like a well written plot device.

Me looking at the true villain of Xenoblade 1

I can't believe Persona 5 is actually the worst game ever made.

8 hours ago, Armagon said:

Most of the final boss foreshadowing is based on the idea of the player being familiar with the previous games.

Spoiler

Igor saying "Welcome to my Velvet Room" instead of "Welcome to the Velvet Room", his voice sounding different, and him generally being less pleasant that usual. Not to mention that every game has "a godlike creation of the collective unconscious" as the final boss.

Of course none of this would mean anything if you played Persona 5 first, so it's unsurprising if you think it came out of nowhere.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Tell ya what, I watch your video and you play Berwick Saga. Deal?

Berwick Saga is a Japan-only PS2 game, right? Finding a way to play it sounds like too much of a hassle. If you want to deny yourself watching art, you can feel free.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Berwick Saga is a Japan-only PS2 game, right? Finding a way to play it sounds like too much of a hassle. 

https://images2.imgbox.com/ed/80/ypURhtIR_o.jpg

I mean, everyone just emulates, but hey, it's up to you.

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

If you want to deny yourself watching art, you can feel free.

Dang it.

1 hour ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

I feel like I'm never going to have the ability to play Atlus games. Every time I think about it, I remember the green dick looking monster that I saw in some video relating to one of the Shin Megami Tensei games and the thought process is "do I really want to risk having to fight that?"

At least in P5, i've only ever seen the funny green monster penis like three times. One of them being a minor boss.

22 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Honestly baffling how this game became an "RPG for people who don't like RPGs".

24 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

Spoiler

The Igor line, i've already talked about. His voice and demeanor tho, i just figured it went with his over the top appearance. 

And then the final boss like, maybe it works in other Persona games but it just feels so unnecessary here.

13 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, i actually own a JP PS2, so i could legit buy the game!

Cosmo getting ready to spend more on a copy of Berwick than he did on Dissidia DLC.

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Cosmo getting ready to spend more on a copy of Berwick than he did on Dissidia DLC.

It would be an investment! Plus it would be cool to actually own the game! ❤️

Edited by lightcosmo

19 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Hey, i actually own a JP PS2, so i could legit buy the game!

Huh... That's pretty cool!

5 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ebay lists a few copies of the game for 20 bucks. How much is this Dissidia DLC?

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ebay lists a few copies of the game for 20 bucks. How much is this Dissidia DLC?

Thank you, thank you!

Too much to be worth it. But as a fan I had to support them. 

16 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Anyway

How ironic is it that the first video I upload to my channel of the strategy game with the least amount of RNG I have ever played is all about RNG?

Have you ever considered that your life revolves around random events?

Spoiler

Because it does

12 minutes ago, Armagon said:

At least in P5, i've only ever seen the funny green monster penis like three times. One of them being a minor boss.

Like three times too many for the game to be comfortable to be honest. Especially when my niece is visiting.

13 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Incidentally, how hard do you think it'd be to play Berwick using icons and prior knowledge primarily? Given, you know... it worked out for me with Mystery but is getting slightly awkard with Genealogy?

3 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Incidentally, how hard do you think it'd be to play Berwick using icons and prior knowledge primarily? Given, you know... it worked out for me with Mystery but is getting slightly awkard with Genealogy?

Eventually you just pick up on things and remember them. It was like that for me when I played Dragon Shadow Spell. Granted i can read some of it (at least enough to make out most the options) but following the story was imopssible, haha.

Edited by lightcosmo

For those who didn't notice BTW:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2022/03/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night-is-getting-a-child-of-light-crossover-for-some-reason

Bloodstained is getting its last free bonus character. Feels like a really weird choice, since Child of Light is an 8-years old Ubisoft game that despite coming from a big developer, tried to be artsy and indie in vibe. I played it myself and found it rather... maybe I'll say 6/10 due to it being rushed at the end, which is simply unacceptable for the kind of game it is.

---

Japan is also getting the original Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons added to NSO. Not North America though, which isn't impossible despite the name/localization change, since HM64 was added to the Wii U eShop in all regions in 2017, a couple years after Marvelous broke relations with Natsume. -Not that the SNES game that started it all has probably aged all that well.

26 minutes ago, Armagon said:

And that's how Mara usually is. They're never given a serious major story role. Of the games I've played, Nocturne, Strange Journey, and SMTIV all relegated Mara to a single side quest boss appearance. 

1 minute ago, lightcosmo said:

Eventually you just pick up on things and remember them. It was like that for me when I played Dragon Shadow Spell. Granted a can read some of it (at least enough to make out most the options) but following the story was imopssible, haha.

I'm far from fluent. I've just been mucking around with Japanese carts on systems I can play them off. Which right now is the GB series, the DS and the SNES. Mostly the SNES, because I found a bunch of them and figured buying the Japanese version of Chrono Trigger and working out how to play it was far less expensive money wise. Worked out surprisingly well given that I can't read most of the dialogue. But then finding the dialogue for that one online isn't as much of a hassle. Sure helped me get a start anyway.