Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

Just now, Shrimpolaris said:

german subreddit

Ah.

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

Don't worry Benice, your students will snicker instead that you're a FE fan.

At least I don't play on Casual Mode! They can't laugh at me for that!

• Replies 177.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

Just now, GuardianSing said:

In a video talking about all the "Good things" Robert E. Lee did, one of the reasons was that Robert crushed a slave rebellion lead by John Brown.

Oh.

Ooh.

I try to open to other political views, I really do... But c'mon, that's just terrible.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

especially love how in the video they called John Brown a "Radical Abolitionist" as if that was a bad thing.

Bruh.

1 hour ago, Benice said:

WHAT

The beauty of Prager YTPs. Try watching some. It's a great time, if you're in the mood to spite them. Perhaps you could try to bamboozle your teacher into playing one for the class?

54 minutes ago, Benice said:

I just realized that if I become a teacher, I have to deal with the baggage that my students might find out I use an anime girl pfp on an anime game forum.

...Eh, it'll be grand.

You'll become the most popular teacher when they find out.

25 minutes ago, Benice said:

Don't know if you're into these kinds of things, but I know y'all like AA.

Well, thanks for the heads-up. Indeed, that kinda stuff is not my style, but still. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim is actually a game with a pretty simple premise. At the beginning of the game, you’re thrown headfirst into the plot, where you learn that the world is under attack by kaiju (giant mechanized robot monster things), and 13 high schoolers have to get in the 13 Sentinels (which are similarly massive robots) to save the world. From there, the game splits into two sections where you’re given quite a bit of free rein.

The main section of the game is Remembrance, aka the plot, where you follow the stories of all 13 characters, which you can mostly do in any order*. This nonlinearity is one of the game’s biggest strengths, and is why people are so secretive about a lot of the game, because something you learn or piece together in the first couple hours could be something someone else found out at the end of game. This seems like it would be a difficult way to tell a story well, but it works. This part of the game being called Remembrance is no coincidence, the entire thing takes place before doomsday with the kaiju (where the story initially starts), and you learn what brought each character to fight that day. Because of this, most characters’ stories do not take place consecutively, and all the protagonists popping in and out of other characters’ stories will also give you more hints and information on said protagonists. Each story also gives you information on the overarching mystery and lore, which it is up to you to piece together. This seems like it would be hard to keep track of, but the game gives you an event long which shows all story events you’ve seen so far in chronological order, which you can access at any time, including in the middle of stories. There are also tabs for every character, which show every event you’ve seen with that specific character (still in chronological order). Going through the event log and reviewing everything I had after gaining new information and trying to theorycraft the entire plot and being completely wrong was one of my favorite parts of the game, and it’s the fact that the story is told so uniquely that I think really makes this game one a lot of people should play. The stories all also match up with and reference each other really nicely, and it was always fun posting that one image of the actor with the cigarette and the beer can that I can’t access because service at school barely exists.

The other major section of the game is called Destruction, which is the gameplay. This all takes place during the battle to save the world, after all the character’s stories. 13 Sentinels is an RTS + Tower Defense hybrid, where (almost) every battle places you in charge of defending a point from the onslaught of enemies. You can do this by either wiping out all the enemies or keeping the point’s HP above 0 for the slotted amount of time, usually 2 minutes. Combat is not based on individual rounds where you choose who fights who ala FE, but instead all attacks are field based, doing damage to all enemies in range (there are some attacks that target individual enemies, but if that enemy dies before the attack is done, it starts doing damage to another enemy in range). You do this with a whole bunch of skills, like AoE missile attacks, massive damage melee attacks, attacks that go in a straight line, . Not all skills are damage based though, you also get guardians you can place on the field to distract the enemy from your defense point, sentry guns that automatically fire on the enemy, a shield that protects all party members in range for X amount of seconds, and more. After each battle you’re rewarded with points based on how well you did, which you can use to buy new skills for each character, upgrade said skills, and improve their stats. I’d be lying if I said it was the deepest thing in the world, and the only way to get any semblance of difficulty is to play on the highest difficulty, but it was fun enough and did its job, to support the wonderful story, well. You can freely alternate between battles and continuing character stories, so it’s up to you how much of each you want to do. Occasionally you’ll be locked out of continuing battles until you complete a certain story event or achieve a certain percent completion in the story, or be locked out of a character’s story until you reach a certain point in the combat, but that’s really it.

*Sometimes you’ll also be locked out of continuing one character’s story until you’ve seen a specific event in another character’s story or achieved x% completion in y amount of characters’ stories, but that’s really it.

So yeah, the game is good. Play it.

Thank you! I almost missed this. I'll take the time to read it more in detail later, but it certainly looks like a great summary at first glance.

Now go to some 13 Sentinels communities and post this under the title: "Use this instead of literally nothing and you'll convince more people!"

1 hour ago, Benice said:

That moment when the teacher keeps making you watch PragerU videos in class, so now your Youtube page is filled with politics.

Wonderful...

Maybe have an alt account set up so it doesn't affect your recommendations

Or open in a private tab.

Idk what browser you use, but Firefox supports "container" tabs that are like isolated browser sessions. That could also be a solution.

Lads! Ladies! Give me a song to practice on my guitar, I'm giving you a lot of power here so choose wisely.

38 minutes ago, Benice said:

Oh.

Ooh.

I try to open to other political views, I really do... But c'mon, that's just terrible.

Bruh.

Indeed. But hey, at least they make for some great entertainment, it's honestly hard to believe they aren't parodies half the time, it's like browsing Trump's twitter.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

Lads! Ladies! Give me a song to practice on my guitar, I'm giving you a lot of power here so choose wisely.

What sort of genre d'you want?

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

What sort of genre d'you want?

I'm a folk musician at heart but anything is fine as long as an acoustic guitar can follow it.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Ah, flamenco, also known as the most difficult type of music to play on guitar, I appreciate this challenge.

14 minutes ago, ping said:

Is this where to link Shaun?

Talking about how PragerU is lying to you is such classic Shaun content. One of my favorite Shaun PragerU responses is at the end of a 2 hour and 20 minute documentary on whether the Bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were necessary to end World War 2, he reveals that it has all secretly been a response to a PragerU video all along (plus that is just a fascinating look at that historical time period).

22 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Talking about how PragerU is lying to you is such classic Shaun content. One of my favorite Shaun PragerU responses is at the end of a 2 hour and 20 minute documentary on whether the Bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki were necessary to end World War 2, he reveals that it has all secretly been a response to a PragerU video all along (plus that is just a fascinating look at that historical time period).

I watched that video but forgot that part

Classic Shaun

It's a good video either way. The two hour runtime makes the title even more appropriate.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

FQLtv6uVUAEq1-Y?format=jpg&name=medium

XD
Sounds like Monolith Soft themselves are aware of the pain that thing has inflicted upon the Xenoblade playerbase.

2 hours ago, Benice said:

I just realized that if I become a teacher, I have to deal with the baggage that my students might find out I use an anime girl pfp on an anime game forum.

…Emperor have mercy on his soul.

All right, officially moved everything important to the new rig. The only troublesome games right now are Awakening on Citra and MelonDS suffering some minor FPS drops here and there. Awakening runs far better and MelonDS is now buttery smooth, so that's a success. I'm just glad to leave the charger issues behind. And I'll still have the laptop for whenever I need computering on the go.

I'm so glad I can finally start Skywalker Saga, though. I've been waiting too long. Say, how far are you into it @Armagon? I've some catching up to do, haha.

3 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Imagine if one ends up also being a forum member of Serenes Forest.

I know you’re being snarky with my Acacia Sgt. but I’m three sheets to the wind and can’t think of anything witty to reply with.

All right, officially moved everything important to the new rig. The only troublesome games right now are Awakening on Citra and MelonDS suffering some minor FPS drops here and there. Awakening runs far better and MelonDS is now buttery smooth, so that's a success. I'm just glad to leave the charger issues behind. And I'll still have the laptop for whenever I need computering on the go.

I'm so glad I can finally start Skywalker Saga, though. I've been waiting too long. Say, how far are you into it @Armagon? I've some catching up to do, haha.

That was a nice double post I did there.

6 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

It's good to form a healthy relationship with your students.

"Children, today we're going to be playing Radiant Dawn for 30 minutes and then Berwick Saga for another 30. Then I will require that you write an essay on all the ways in which they are both superior to Path of Radiance in every meaningful way. Now if you'll excuse me, I must look at my framed picture of Josette."