• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah well. Only 45 more minutes. If I still can't get staff ranges fixed with this third patch, I'll have to give up on the bloom festal and come up with a different idea to replace the now useless torch staff.

1cb1922e48a6975a176eec2bf2d6ffa0.jpg

1 hour ago, Αυτοκράτορας των Γαρίδων said:

the usual then?

Hah! Nah, we have days. Yesterday we had to change a bunch of computers at two different buildings. Didn't have time to fret over my Magvel stuff haha

52 minutes ago, BrightBow said:

I suppose what bothers me more is that Bennette rejected Roleck's proposal and instead of accepting that, he kept heckling her.

I'm going to assume this was because he was perfectly aware that Bennette wanted to accept and was only refusing for his sake. But this part is probably something that shouldn't have been left ambiguous.

Roleck isn't the paragon of goodness people make him out to be.

10 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

1cb1922e48a6975a176eec2bf2d6ffa0.jpg

Yeah, I know it's possible, I've seen other hacks do it. I just need to find the correct patch is all.

40 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, I know it's possible, I've seen other hacks do it. I just need to find the correct patch is all

Its not a patch, change its behavior in the "item use effect" tab from heal to physic, allowing ot to be used at range. 

Note their is a dropdown list in that tab and you need to edit all the appropriate behavior values.

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

But....but X (explicitly) explains shit even less than 3???

LIke both games give you the context clues don't get me wrong but there's a reason why we desperately want that X2. If the next Xenoblade game isn't that, imma have a nice chat with Takahashi.

He likes X the best because best gameplay+QoL+Sawano+was made with the West in mind so it's not anime

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can give you one beardman and you will have to put him in.

As long as he's not old

39 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Its not a patch, change its behavior in the "item use effect" tab from heal to physic, allowing ot to be used at range. 

Note their is a dropdown list in that tab and you need to edit all the appropriate behavior values.

Oohhhhhhh.

Well, that's helpful, thank you very much! I really did think I'd have to install a patch to fix the staff weirdness. I probably still will have to, since I want to give restore a higher range, but still. If worse comes to worst, at least I can make the damned bloom festal. Thanks!

30 minutes ago, Punished06 said:

As long as he's not old

He will be old. Take it or leave it.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oohhhhhhh.

Well, that's helpful, thank you very much! I really did think I'd have to install a patch to fix the staff weirdness. I probably still will have to, since I want to give restore a higher range, but still. If worse comes to worst, at least I can make the damned bloom festal. Thanks!

you're very welcome! 

Its not immediately obvious where to change that, so dont be too hard on yourself!

1 hour ago, Punished06 said:

so it's not anime

I love how people get triggered by "anime"

:popcorn:

19 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Dunkey made a video on Xenoblade 3 and this somehow put Xenoblade 2 discourse back on the TL.
20220830_104235.jpg?width=1148&height=64

Z-man, i'm sorry i ever doubted you. You were right all along.

Ah yes, dunkey and jrpgs

Spoiler

He posted the gigachad rex pic without tagging on twitter

Well gentlemen it’s happened. All this talk of video games has gotten me feeling nostalgic, so I went and beat Zelda OoT for the fourth time in my life. If I’m being honest while it is a solid game, I prefer MM in terms of its story and characterization, seeing OoT has very little of both of these. So yeah, I beat a video game for the first time in over two years. Yah…

I still wonder why Athol was naked. It's so random.

I guess they tried out conventional torture methods at first before doing that thing that Jasper Batt Jr. did in No More Heroes 2. So her getting stripped would most certainly fit into that. And her posture does kind of look like she got chained up. But unlike with Ophelia it's never actually mentioned that she was tortured.

In any case that "I put on some drapes I pulled down in a hurry" look just does not suit her all that much. Her regular outfit has a cape. Capes are cool.

56 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

you're very welcome! 

Its not immediately obvious where to change that, so dont be too hard on yourself!

Hmm... Well, I just tried it out. I must be really dumb, because I seem to be unable to figure this out. I've changed "when used" to physic, I've changed "item 'use' effect" to physic, I've tweaked the battle animations, I've installed the staff range fix, I've switched over to a different ID to escape the torch staff's hardcoding, but absolutely nothing seems to work. The staff just refuses to work. This trifle is making my head spin, I swear. At this point I'm ready to give up, I can't keep wasting time on some dumb staff.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

51 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hmm... Well, I just tried it out. I must be really dumb, because I seem to be unable to figure this out. I've changed "when used" to physic, I've changed "item 'use' effect" to physic, I've tweaked the battle animations, I've installed the staff range fix, I've switched over to a different ID to escape the torch staff's hardcoding, but absolutely nothing seems to work. The staff just refuses to work. This trifle is making my head spin, I swear. At this point I'm ready to give up, I can't keep wasting time on some dumb staff.

90c06f23ed7fe0ac4ca291352b799390.png

You changed this?

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

90c06f23ed7fe0ac4ca291352b799390.png

You changed this?

Ahhh, hold up. "Define method of target selection of item." That may've been my mistake... Let me try it out.

Yep, there it is! It works now. I did end up having to install the staff range fix, though, since even though the displayed range was 1-2, it still let me target the further than that. Now the only thing I've left to figure out is why the heal is hideously weak, and there we go. Thank you for your help!

7 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

I know, 'tis a shame.

(Also, not having Singer as an option is a shame with your name now. :P)

I know, "sing" has always been in my name and yet I could never make my avatars singers...

That and the game doesn't let you make Byleth or staff your dancer, not even as a NG+ unlock.

I appreciate the attempt at making dancer an optional class while not making it so everyone can become one but it still could've used a bit more freedom. 

But het, at least the lords can be dancers.

The newest I could think of for Gaiden was the Artemis patch, but looking further there's also this one that is still pre SoV. I swore there was some Gaiden work being done relating to Project Elitist, but I can't see it.

There's also a patch for BSFE here.

Oh yeah, the BS games exist. I'll have to check those out as well, I imagine they're an interesting part of FE history.

They both work like a charm, the bloom festal and the extended restore staff. I'm so happy. @lightcosmo thank you again, I wouldn't have noticed my goof without you. At least I know for next time, haha!

All right, now that the wrathful spirit of Sakura has been laid to rest, it's time to go back to actually making progress.

In other news concerning my Three Houses (almost) blind playthrough...

Spoiler

The parental figure died, something that took so long I almost forgot this was a Fire Emblem game.

Seriously though, I wish Jeralt stayed alive because he would've made such a cool Jagen.

And I was mostly indifferent to who I was going to have Byleth marry but it seems the game forced my hand and had me pick Marianne, so I'm pretty much committed now.

And while I'd like to predict that there's going to be some big twist where Rhea and the rest of the church turn out to be the real villains, so far the story portrays itself as very black and white, unfortunately.

Also yeah I'm rocking this profile picture now. Still need to find a fitting signature though.

Quick! Someone send me a screenshot of Edelgard saying something stupid! That's not spoilery of course.