Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Great Sea.🤨 Almost every sector has a treasure chart or a piece of heart or at least some rupies hidden there

Ehh I wanted to exclude Heart Pieces and Rupees from the list. Cause like that's kinda too easy. Or at least when it's simply a matter of finding the chest.

I do think the Great Sea suffers more in HD surprisingly. The islands that existed to hide the Triforce Shards just kinda serve no purpose now. Idk if they have Treasure Charts of their own in exchange tho.

• Replies 176.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Impressive.

Now throw in maps with actual design, make Hanneman the lord and we can call it Good Houses. Except fuck performing necromancy on my switch and risk getting it locked to use mods, and I don't even have the game anymore so it's not like I'd ever use it lol

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

The main problem is that though i may be 22, my mom still holds the right to evict my soul from my body should she see what's on my Twitter.

5 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

The reason i haven't been playing TMS lately was because dad was visiting me and i know how much he hates me playing games in general. Now add anime into the mix and yeah....

Older gens aren't that tolerant of nerdy hobbies

Meanwhile I played crap like Fates and Steins;Gate in my living room, with my big-ass monitor facing back at my parents. I even watched anime there!

My mother is very understanding. Not a big big gamer, but she's played her share of games, so she gets it. My dad is more the "videogames wat dat" kind, and he doesn't really try to hide his disinterest, so I've made a point not to bring it up to him very often. But he lets me be for the most part.

...Though I'll never forget the time he saw me trying out a bridge constructor simulator and actually got invested in it. Gave me all sorts of tips to build a sturdy bridge. Then we argued for unrelated reasons (mostly related to me being a massive idiot of a teen who often clashed with him at the time) and it never came up again, but it was nice while it lasted.

4 hours ago, Edelguardiansing said:

"Munchin' Manaketes!"

I need more Fire Emblem swears in my life.

I love this one, because it is one of Ruben's lines. And all of Ruben's lines are great.

It'll make sense in due time. No nothing to do with the hack, I'm not THAT vain

2 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That's not a mod, that's a whole-ass new game.

I mean, it's a hack, but dang sizable for being a 3D FE.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

But I did have to make a precaution of only playing DMC5 when she wasn't in the house.

Guess she's not ready for the resolution of the previous game's arcs

I kinda get it, I'm more surprised I didn't get brought up for playing any of the other four back in the day now that I think about it.

5 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Meanwhile my dad was trying to get his PS4 connected to the internet. I helped for an hour and a half trying to figure it out. Only to realise the conncection was blocked by some DVDs that were close by. 

Pfft, what a funny block.Makes sense, but still.

That aside, the struggle is real and the talking about it will always be longer than doing it yourself

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

As for the show, if only I overcame my childish aversion to the "childish". Maybe if the IRL world slides more into dysfunction, decline, and disaster, then the yearning for escapism would be great enough to overcome the hesitant aversion.

I wonder if it isn't past that already

Looks as in physical appearance?

Less appearance and more how I compose myself.

I'd like to say I'm better about tics during an interview, but I still come across poorly, which again I'm not helping myself with.

Reminds me my resume would list my college degree, and then be a totally blank sheet of paper.

It's the kind of thought, worsening with each passing year that I do nothing, that in part keeps me from thinking I'm worthy of any decent job.

I'm there with notable blanks, not much better.

I had a talk with someone yesterday where they were trying to convince me to go for sectors that'd probably be a little easier but I'd know to be messy when it comes to how workers are treated and when I last tried it didn't work out then either.

6 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Meanwhile my dad was trying to get his PS4 connected to the internet.

I wish my dad would have these problems instead of reading bs on facebook xD

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Reminds me my resume would list my college degree, and then be a totally blank sheet of paper.

Mine was like that before i got some help from friends/family to make it atleast look decent xD

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My mother is very understanding

Yeah my mom is kinda ok with it whenever i visit them or them me.

My dad is more the "videogames wat dat" kind, and he doesn't really try to hide his disinterest, so I've made a point not to bring it up to him very often. But he lets me be for the most part.

I'd wish dad was like that. He goes moree "you still doin that at this age?" which mostly i don't respond to, sometimes i respond with "It's my free time, no one has anything to do with it". Or sometimes he goes the more scathing "get a life" comment which can lead to some big arguments between us.

So i just don't play games infront of him most of the time. I am not that much of an addict that i can't stop playing during visits xD

Looks like they never gave her one, she got a cheongsam instead. Alluring, but with less skin showing and very Chinese. And a Western ballgown, and a schoolgirl outfit. Glancing over some other females, looks like Koei actually has avoided swimsuits so far. Arabian Bellydancer!Wang Yuanji is about as skimpy as it gets (And they gave her a bathtowel costume too? She must have the most horny fans of the DW ladies.).

huh.. a cheongsam. she got theme approriate stuff instead? less skin showing even?! is this even Koei Tecmo.. lol. (i mean we all know there exist cheongsam variant thats.. uhh "not healthy" to the eye). kinda funny thinking that they go as far as to create fictional or unverified historical character to insert more female fighter, but some actually not for purpose of juicy fan-service

Say another word and Guo Huai will *cough cough* blow you to bits! Using a substance that won't be invented until the Tang Dynasty 600 years later!

Looks like they never gave her one, she got a cheongsam instead. Alluring, but with less skin showing and very Chinese. And a Western ballgown, and a schoolgirl outfit. Glancing over some other females, looks like Koei actually has avoided swimsuits so far. Arabian Bellydancer!Wang Yuanji is about as skimpy as it gets (And they gave her a bathtowel costume too? She must have the most horny fans of the DW ladies.).

image.png

Guan Yu, Zhang Liao, and Xu Huang. Shu's greatest warrior and his two Wei friends waterfall-training together. At first I mistook the latter two for Liu BeI and Zhang Fei.

they are not? now thats something. i approve this. training under waterfall is staple chinese martial-related story. its backed by science too to some extent (i think)

shame its Dynasty warrior.  i dont want to go back to that game just to check saucy costume

Sorry for asking what might be a basic Gundam question, but what would explain why didn't the Hi-Nu show up in the Classicverse?

its still debateable whether the story where Hi-Nu appear is canon or not.  not direct upgrade also the reason, since it replace the existing Nu Gundam in amuro final story, not upgraded into it. 

unless im mistaken, hi-nu dont have animation for it yet. so unlike Nu, they need to interpret it themselves for the unique attack. unlike Nu-gundam where its canon and see that  Amuro actually became so mad he start punching and kicking like in newer SRW final attack

28 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I'd wish dad was like that. He goes moree "you still doin that at this age?" which mostly i don't respond to, sometimes i respond with "It's my free time, no one has anything to do with it". Or sometimes he goes the more scathing "get a life" comment which can lead to some big arguments between us.

So i just don't play games infront of him most of the time. I am not that much of an addict that i can't stop playing during visits xD

Oof... Yeah, that's too bad.

6 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

That is the worst dress I've seen since Lissa's extremely inconvenient skeleton dress.

Awesome.

So for funsies I went to Awakening to check how the roster of Sacred Stones characters looked and they portrayed Amelia as an armor knight.

So there we go, the debate is over, it is officially canon that Amelia was always meant to be a general. I'm so glad I got to participate in this 17 fucking years later.

Meanwhile I played crap like Fates and Steins;Gate in my living room, with my big-ass monitor facing back at my parents. I even watched anime there!

My mother is very understanding. Not a big big gamer, but she's played her share of games, so she gets it. My dad is more the "videogames wat dat" kind, and he doesn't really try to hide his disinterest, so I've made a point not to bring it up to him very often. But he lets me be for the most part.

My mother doesn't play any games but she's pretty in the know just by virtue of being around me and my brother who play and talk about video games. I once even showed her a bunch of the support conversations from Awakening which she enjoyed very much.

My dad is all the way across the country, so it's not the same dynamic but he's supportive all the same.

Actually, when I was playing Three Houses on the big screen, both my brother and my mom would just sit on the couch to watch what was going on, it's what ultimately convinced my brother to try it out for himself.

31 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Yeah, that's not very nice...

I wish more parents (And older folks in general) went to therapy. My family is one of peers where we're in understanding that we all have something to learn from each other, so it always breaks my heart to see other families being stuck under a toxic hierarchy.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That is the worst dress I've seen since Lissa's extremely inconvenient skeleton dress.

Awesome.

Yeah, Hoop Dresses died at the end of the 18th century for a reason...

9 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

So for funsies I went to Awakening to check how the roster of Sacred Stones characters looked and they portrayed Amelia as an armor knight.

So there we go, the debate is over, it is officially canon that Amelia was always meant to be a general. I'm so glad I got to participate in this 17 fucking years later.

Bah, Awakening is not a good source of Fire Embelm canon for any game. It quite famously changed the continent of at least one major location, had a rather out of character portrayal of Eirika, Heroes has offically superseded multiple terrible naming decisions Awakeneing made with Genealogy canon, and was perfectly happy to throw Awakeneing's canon into the trash by letting you recruit a bunch of canonically dead characters...

25 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

7SB4tWE.png

Break disables follow up?

That's probably what the target dropping their weapon represents--

Wait...

You hit an enemy... And the battle ends there?!

B E R W I C K

S A G A

This is it guys. It's official. Engage best FE is confirmed.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

42 minutes ago, Edelguardiansing said:

Yeah, see? I told you!

2 minutes ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Bah, Awakening is not a good source of Fire Embelm canon for any game. It quite famously changed the continent of at least one major location, had a rather out of character portrayal of Eirika, Heroes has offically superseded multiple terrible naming decisions Awakeneing made with Genealogy canon, and was perfectly happy to throw Awakeneing's canon into the trash by letting you recruit a bunch of canonically dead characters...

Soooo what you are saying is, you do not believe in General Amelia.

eoNXAIKy_o.png

14 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, i am just speculating, since we never saw full combat rounds so far.

But if it's truly the case, why should i go for a break then and not just a classic follow up attack? Eating counters isn't that big of an issue, usually. Even with high enemy quality as you can heal the damage up.

Unless they give big incentive for breaking or making counter attacking hella scary. Otherwise break will only have niche uses

Inb4 Berwick turn order

Edit: I checked an older vid and

1MDC0Ap.png

No red X here...

Hmmm

wait, might the X refer to the character dying?

Edited by Imperator Squilla

I finally watched the Mario movie trailer.

Yeaaah it's about what everyone expected. Most of them are decent. Bowser is pretty good, Toad is a little off. Luigi only made a few grunts but you can tell just from that the actor made an effort to sound like Luigi.

And then there's Chris Prattio, who sucks. I get not going "WAHOO ITSA ME" the entire movie, but he's hardly even trying to put on an accent lol. It's Chris Pratt talking normally. Feels like they picked him because hollywood star.

3 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And then there's Chris Prattio, who sucks. I get not going "WAHOO ITSA ME" the entire movie, but he's hardly even trying to put on an accent lol. It's Chris Pratt talking normally. Feels like they picked him because hollywood star.

Yeah he feels like the worst part of the movie from the trailers. Gave me very Peter Dinklage in Destiny vibes, as some actors are simply not great voice actors...

1 hour ago, Imperator Squilla said:

That's a clip you add the "A knife" meme to.

Celine looks to be one of the few wielding multiple weapons so far, wonder how much promotion would change things. Curious about those swords too, if there's something of note between the first two.

49 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

7mRF9Lv.png

Daggers confirmed

THE TRIFORCE IS REAL?

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That's probably what the target dropping their weapon represents--

Wait...

If they both mean battle ends, maybe so. It could just mean that the break causes the unit to be unable to fight further in that battle, much less any further implications of if break means they can't for the whole phase.

We haven't seen a round of combat go more than 1 blow per whoever fights in these short clips so far.

21 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Well, i am just speculating, since we never saw full combat rounds so far.

But if it's truly the case, why should i go for a break then and not just a classic follow up attack? Eating counters isn't that big of an issue, usually. Even with high enemy quality as you can heal the damage up.

Unless they give big incentive for breaking or making counter attacking hella scary. Otherwise break will only have niche uses

Eating counters could matter on an enemy phase, especially where you have a larger force to contend with an an objective nearby where you don't want to give them too much.

I think it'll be more like you can finish a round of combat past the breaking point and the opponent won't counter, but we have to see for sure.

21 minutes ago, Imperator Squilla said:

1MDC0Ap.png

No red X here...

Hmmm

It'd certainly mean x marks the spot where someone dies.

1 minute ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

Yeah he feels like the worst part of the movie from the trailers. Gave me very Peter Dinklage in Destiny vibes, as some actors are simply not great voice actors...

I will say Pratt was fine enough as Emmet in the Lego Movie, but that role made more sense for a hollywood everyman voice to begin with. It matters more here for a character who's definitely got an accent.

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

Pfft, what a funny block.Makes sense, but still.

That aside, the struggle is real and the talking about it will always be longer than doing it yourself

Needless to say, i was kinda irritated after finding that out.

Well, it was annoying cause the system kept saying "the signal strength is too weak" but i go to the check connection menu and it says strength 100%. XD

4 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

I wish my dad would have these problems instead of reading bs on facebook xD

I'm sorry, Shrimpy.

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

But if it's truly the case, why should i go for a break then and not just a classic follow up attack? Eating counters isn't that big of an issue, usually. Even with high enemy quality as you can heal the damage up

Inb4 Capture.

2 hours ago, Imperator Squilla said:

Indeed it does. Had she missed the attack and the enemy landed theirs, she would've died. But this also doesn't take crits into account either.

14 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Ew. Please keep that mechanic away from FE, thank you. XD

Ruben reading this

fp6gpomnce931.png

Tbh tho I'd be fine with it if there's actual characters to capture. If it's just Thracia capture, throw it in the trash.