• Replies 180.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

I haven't reached there yet in my current playthrough, but I absolutely love this theme.
Probably my favorite Stratum theme in all of EO. So nice and peaceful. The Stratum itself is very beautiful, as well.

Best girl in EO in the thumbnail is a nice bonus, of course. XD

Edited by DragonFlames

7 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Swordgirls always good

In her case, she's either a sword girl or a staff girl.
Her class, the Sovereign, is more geared towards support with buffs and whatnot... but I found her most effective in conjunction with the MC and her own skill Link Order.

Link Order takes the element of an attack that hit the enemy this turn and hits that enemy with that same element (say someone uses a fire attack on an enemy, Link Order will hit that same enemy with fire damage - and lots of it, meaning that if you have an enemy weak to a certain element, they will get hit rather heavily). Throw up an attack buff from her beforehand and the attack stings even more.
The MC, the titular Fafnir Knight, learns attacks of all three elements (fire, ice, lightning). These two together with that combination are all the direct damage output your team really needs, leaving the others to provide support with ailments and healing. And that's before we take the Fafnir transformation into account.
TL;DR: The story team of EOU2 is crazy strong.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

checks clock

Midnight, huh?

Still awake. xD

Oof. What better time to start a H1 or 2 run of Shadow Dragon, amirite?

Best FE soundtrack? Probably the one with this:

Spoiler

Okay, so I'm just in a "nostalgic for Advance Wars" mood and picked the one track that sounds by far the most like something in FE.😜

1 hour ago, Shrimperor said:

From the GBA games i like FE8 OST alot

Otherwise i only like selected Tracks from FE6/7.  Just like i barely like anything from the games themselves

I think this has something to do with it. Whilst you can enjoy game soundtracks without enjoying the rest of the game, I'd say one's liking of a specific OST is often influenced by one's enjoyment of the entire game. If you enjoy the narrative, characters, gameplay, the soundtrack can be uplifted by these things, but I wouldn't say it works in reverse very often.

55 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Also, just as a side note, I really enjoyed how the laguz royals (except Nailah and Kurth, RIP) got their own themes, too.
All of which are great, btw.
And Wheeling Corby is a definite winner.

When is Naesala's spy action movie finally coming out? I've been waiting for too long since they teased its main theme.😛

I can still hear the "caw" of a Tear proc and the force and fluidity as he rips the enemy apart.

17 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

In her case, she's either a sword girl or a staff girl.

They gave Sovereigns whip access too. They didn't have that in EOIII because Whips didn't exist there, but I imagine someone at Atlus liked the idea of dominating princess. That, and Princesses in the first 7th Dragon game used whips, with a few skills for them, namely one that dealt more damage the lower her HP dropped and was actually fairly strong I heard, if dependent on a Knight set up to redirect attacks away from her.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

When is Naesala's spy action movie finally coming out? I've been waiting for too long since they teased its main theme.😛

I can still hear the "caw" of a Tear proc and the force and fluidity as he rips the enemy apart.

... Now I picture Naesala starring in a Goldfinger or The Spy Who Loved me kind of setting.
Thank you for that mental image! XD

And yeah, that "caw" and the animation are so satisfying to watch and hear.

They gave Sovereigns whip access too.

Ooooh yeah. I almost forgot about that.
I honestly can't picture Arianna (or any of the Sovereign portraits, for that matter) wielding a whip.
Although in Arianna's case... one of her lines when she is Panicked is "OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!", so...

They didn't have that in EOIII because Whips didn't exist there, but I imagine someone at Atlus liked the idea of dominating princess.

Oh my~

That, and Princesses in the first 7th Dragon game used whips, with a few skills for them, namely one that dealt more damage the lower her HP dropped and was actually fairly strong I heard, if dependent on a Knight set up to redirect attacks away from her.

Oh, that sounds interesting to be sure.
Although I most likely wouldn't make much use of this myself, because I don't really like having my team members on low HP.

Edited by DragonFlames

4 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

even better!

Also whips, as Interdimensional Observer kindly reminded me. XD

Also also, she's the only character in the entire series that wants to mess with an F.O.E. on the first encounter that I talked about before:
etrian-odyssey-2-untold-arianna.bmp

Dang, girl! XD

10 minutes ago, Armagon said:

IMG_20201018_002004.jpg

Look at the size of that lad. Absolute unit.

Reminds me I once found a spot with a Gularth nearby where I wanted to go on foot and try to frame a "human staring lovingly into the face of a kaiju" moment.

---

Still waxing on thoughts of AW:

What would it take to get an DLC map in FE where you stumbled into the Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict world and fought a few modern soldiers? Merely Infantry, Mechs (mechanized infantry with bazookas), Bikes, maybe some regular Tanks and Artilleries, but no Mid/War Tanks or Rockets, or air or naval units for that matter. It'd be interesting to see happen.

@Interdimensional Observer ok so where does it say what level a Skell is when buying one? Because turns out I have enough money to buy at least two more due to all the quests I've been doing but when I go to purchase one, I get met with "you won't be able to register it at your current level".

17 minutes ago, Teehee said:

This gives me the idea to make something like this for myself. It will be the top 15 favorite videogame characters.

If you want, you could send me the pictures you want to use for it and I'd make it for you!

Finally beaten the stupid Witch on nightmare! But now I'm stuggling against the final main story boss. 40 minutes have been passed so far. Need a breakfast break for now and then cosplaying Sumi. I'm afraid the timer continues even if being inactive, so I might get the world record for having the longest bossrush in Tokyo Xanadu Ex.

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

If you want, you could send me the pictures you want to use for it and I'd make it for you!

Oh, you really would do that?

Hmm, I would really appreciate it.

Lemme me think about it right now.

@Shrimperor @Benice

late morning