• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

7 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Which is his next weapon? Nothung or Balmung? Based on lore, it must be either of those. 

Spoiler

Both. Well, technically Balmung belongs to someone else, but both are in the game.

6 hours ago, Armagon said:

I know @lightcosmo wanted to know so here's how my team's setup going into the last chapter.

IMG_20201030_234521.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20201030_234602.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20201030_235118.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20201031_002023.jpg?width=768&height

Why is Alexa the fourth party member? Because she's the only one besides the main trio to be above Lv.50 at the moment.

And here's the Skells, the registration order matches the order of the characters i just posted.

IMG_20201031_002219.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20201031_002323.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20201031_002402.jpg?width=768&height

IMG_20201031_002443.jpg?width=768&height

And yeah, just like before, all of these names are musical references.

Speed King

Mr. Blue Sky

Civil War

Gangster's Paradise

Anyways

IMG_20201031_003926.jpg?width=768&height

We're in the endgame now. After this chapter, i'll still have a lot left to do but i'll have beaten the main story so i will be posting my full impressions of the game. I'll probably do the sticky notes version first and then write out my full impressions in detail because this game is a behemoth and i have a lot of things to say.

All right, all right this is what we wanted to see! From first glance doesn't look to shabby. What kind of setup are you going for? Also, is Cemet sword physical?

Lvl 50 equipment isn't too bad!  I can't say much on the Skells as i dont remember much about their equipment. Love the names, though!!

4 hours ago, Armagon said:

I've done it. I've beaten the main story of Xenoblade Chronicles X. And while I still have a lot of content to do, I can now feel confident enough to release my final impressions. Except not right now because as I mentioned before, this game is a behemoth and I have a lot of things to say. So I present to you the sticky notes version:

-Combat is honestly pretty much perfect. I'd make a few minor adjustments but some of it just comes down to preference.

-Exploration is perfect. Planet Mira really do be peak world design.

-NLA is honestly Star Wars level of lived in. 

-Sidequest content so good man.

-Main story is very meh but I knew that already. It's ok, this game purposefully has the story take a backseat compared to basically everything else.

Sawano soundtrack banger.

Honestly, if Xenoblade Chronicles 2 did not exist, then Xenoblade Chronicles X would be my favorite game of all time.

I'll go in greater detail about all of this later.

Congrats!!!

Combat is godly, i agree.

yep, exploring is super in depth here.

other than i hate the night time theme, its really wel done.

yes, yes it is. ( they learned from Xenoblade Chronicles!)

I personally liked chapter 8 and up as they felt pretty deep to me.

Soundtrack is amazing, yep.

haha, fair deduction!

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Both. Well, technically Balmung belongs to someone else, but both are in the game.

Yup. i knew it. Must be a dev favorite or something.

5 hours ago, Armagon said:

I've done it. I've beaten the main story of Xenoblade Chronicles X. And while I still have a lot of content to do, I can now feel confident enough to release my final impressions. Except not right now because as I mentioned before, this game is a behemoth and I have a lot of things to say. So I present to you the sticky notes version:

-Combat is honestly pretty much perfect. I'd make a few minor adjustments but some of it just comes down to preference.

-Exploration is perfect. Planet Mira really do be peak world design.

-NLA is honestly Star Wars level of lived in. 

-Sidequest content so good man.

-Main story is very meh but I knew that already. It's ok, this game purposefully has the story take a backseat compared to basically everything else.

Sawano soundtrack banger.

Honestly, if Xenoblade Chronicles 2 did not exist, then Xenoblade Chronicles X would be my favorite game of all time.

Glad you really enjoyed it! Maybe more than expected given the overall reception of XCX. But, it's never not a good thing when someone has fun with a game, and the more fun the better.

Hopefully finishing up the stuff in the postgame is fun as well.

If you intend to get an Ares 90, you'll need I think 1272 tickets for two Golden Yggralith Hearts, those can otherwise only be obtained online, if you're in the group of 4 that deals the final final final blow to the Yggralith Zero and thus banishes it from the game for a while. I made an Ares 70 for the sake of it too and gave it to Elma because it suits her, but it isn't otherwise worth it. It's almost half-priced, and although the 70 has more than half the performance of a 90, the extra grind for the 90 isn't so crazy that that the 70 is suddenly more convenient. If you're only going to make one postgame Skell, make it the Ares 90, the level 60 Skells require more investment aka grind, to outdo a freshly crafted 90.

2 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

is there a way to make steam games run smoother? I'm getting alot of lag, is that normal?

Check your graphic settings and the recommended requirements of the game.

Might need to lower grapgic quality

Edited by Shrimperor

Spoiler

20200126_082603.jpg

I am kinda feeling like replaying that chapter (maddening) as it's one of my absolute favs FE wide ❤️

As much as bullshit maddening was, this was one of the ''It was worth it'' moments. And then Ch13, one of FE's worst ever, happens

Thankfully i have a save there, so i can replay it anytime i want.

Edited by Shrimperor

48 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:

Check your graphic settings and the recommended requirements of the game.

Might need to lower grapgic quality

Recommended requirements is lower than what I have, I checked a few times, XD. My computer is decently old, but I still have a decent processor. 

Is there any other reason it would be having slowdown? 

I got Noire! I had to reset over a level of her getting almost every stat though... to be replaced by a level of her getting strength and magic. Ugh.

36 minutes ago, Shrimperor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

20200126_082603.jpg

I am kinda feeling like replaying that chapter (maddening) as it's one of my absolute favs FE wide ❤️

Man of culture!

Except your class choice for Byleth but we can ignore that

Thankfully i have a save there, so i can replay it anytime i want.

Wow, you really enjoyed it huh? You even took a picture of it... well good luck!

3 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

From what I've heard, Byleth on mounts is also kind of bad as well. I usually just went for sword-wielding infantry classes.

Ground Mounts in 3H are bad in general, as they give SPD penalty should've done the same for Wyverns

Only Bow Knight is good from the ground ponies

Edited by Shrimperor

Just now, Wraith said:

The horror...the horror...

Maybe Wraith can move to Australia to avoid some anime (explaining link in spoilers for room)

Though this leads to the question... can Australians now get arrested for marrying Elise in Fates, or Nowi in Awakening? Are IS going to have to localize differently in relation to these laws?

18 minutes ago, Wraith said:

The horror...the horror...

Hi Wraith!

12 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Though this leads to the question... can Australians now get arrested for marrying Elise in Fates, or Nowi in Awakening? Are IS going to have to localize differently in relation to these laws?

You would also be able to get arrested for marrying Azura or Shigure in Fates 😃

25 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

From what I've heard, Byleth on mounts is also kind of bad as well. I usually just went for sword-wielding infantry classes.

I’ve never used Byleth as anything other than an Enlightened One in my numerous play throughs.