Meg: Why such hate?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have Crash on ignore or something?

Well, I was sort of hoping for a picture or something. I played FE1 and FE3, and I didn't see any.

Enemy Pegasus Knights are often male. You can tell in the GBA games easily by looking at their Con/Aid combination. Males have 25 total while females have 20, and the enemy Pegasus Knights always have 25.

I don't really hate Meg, I just think that as a unit, she's almost worthless.

That. As a character, i dont mind her at all. I kinda like how they stuck a plus sized gal in there. As a unit though, she smells. Like a butt unwiped.

I kinda like how they stuck a plus sized gal in there.

I like that, but I'm less fond of the fact that it was so obvious that they were like 'lol let's make her fat' instead of just simply a strong, physically imposing chick in full armour.

And right, the stats definitely do not help, no.

EDIT: Nor did her shitty personality. Or the pink armour.

Edited by Furetchen

I used her in Normal Mode before. Thanks to BEXP, she was actually useable especially on Part 4. But getting her there was quite painful.

Especially, since her base stats is shit and takes two class changes just to get to decency.

Ok, seriously? The main thing im seeing here is because she's fat. That's just shallow and rude!

Not using her cause of that? What the hell man? So it may be tough to use her, that's the fun of FE challenging yourself. Meg is a pretty great unit. Give her the right supports

and weapons and she can hold her own pretty well.

But come on. Weight? That's just stupid.

Yeah, and weird that her Con is low.

Meg gains Lances at tier 2. E Rank. Have fun with Bronze Lances.

Well...at least no one is forced to dismount indoors preventing those units from using any lances like in some of the other FE titles.

So, she's among the worst units to bring to the tower in NM-even with brave weapons....

Not nessisarily. She'll have to relie on Killer and Silver Weapons though.

and her ability never to be crit by anything ever. She comes standard with a goddamn equivalent of an iron rune from FE7.

Yeah, you're right, she's terrible.

Even without Fortune skill, she still will never get critted thanks to her extremely good Luck growth.

Better ripped off and shipped to the Mercs and sold for 3k!

You forgot a critical step.

Well..there is one use I can find for it and that's for Part 4. Fortune= Less chance of dying since the Disciples Of Order have high critical rates.

Where to start? Oh, yes:

ARAN NEVER DOUBLES. ARAN NEVER DOUBLES. ARAN....NEVER....DOUBLES. Which is the reason why his attack is so mediocre compared to Meg much of the time. He may hit for 4 more damage per hit, but she ends up hitting twice and (except on the highest defense units) does more damage. And on the two or so chapters where she doesn't double? You get a brave sword. It's almost as if the developers intended you to use it. I know, weird, right?

Aran's defense is better, but his evasion blows. While he's sitting at 4 more defense at 20/--/-- (I'm actually using this level because this is actually the most favorable level for him; his defense is only like 1 higher than Meg's at base and he's 4 levels higher), Meg has 60 evasion to his 40. He hardly commands a lead on defensive capabilites unless the enemy has stupidly high hit (and I mean stupidly high by HM standards). Never mind that Aran's at risk of being doubled on 1-E (don't a few enemies have like 17-18 speed on HM there? I remember it being rather ridiculous), while Meg can still double many of them using the brave sword or just naturally. And I didn't even menton her better resistance.

Aran better have Fortune since his luck really sucks. Bad Evasion/low luck=Needing Fortune Skill.

Or is this going to be a rehash of my Lilina argument where she was special because she was "irreplaceable" or some bullshit?

Oh shiz. :o

I've just got reminded of the Lilina debate topic.

You don't need all weapon types, only Axes.

About time too since Axes usually are terrible weapons.

(First 5 pages)

-----

I admit that earlygame you will have to give her forged Swords to possibly get her caught up with everyone else. Even later, you have to bonus EXP abuse her just to get her to get decent Str for the later portion of the game.

Edited by Elesa

Considering that Meg is reaching third tier around early part 4(and I'm being real generous here), 24 speed is actually quite bad. And I mean 'doubles absolutely nothing' bad. Granted, she isn't getting doubled, but still. Her offense is looking pretty bad here.

This is why it is advised to class change her right away when she caps at that spd. (Having a Master Crown ready of course)

Meg is a special, wonderful unit! It is further of a remembrance for me that fellow human beings will forever be the lovely, silly, and entertaining fellow human beings I can continuously have my communications of fun fellow human being-isms with ohohohooo!

She'd be terrible at marching the national anthem. xD

...Your still wrong e_e

Meg can't get where she needs to be. While on it's own, her movement detriment doesn't seem bad to you, keep in mind that everyone else has more movement than her AND take less penalties. She can't General. She can't speedy armor. She can't fight. You can use her to your own will, we're not saying you can't. Sophia is my favorite character, and I'll openly admit she's bad. You'd do well to do the same with Meg.

Sure their bad. But that won't stop us from using them out of favoritism. :]

Is this guy really comparing Meg to Edward? Facepalm...

Dude, we're talking HM here. How the F is Meg going to get a level up in 1-4? She cant kill 3 cats ever in 1-4 due to extreme suckiness and if we're playing efficiently, she wont even have time to do anything...A level 5 edward in 1-4? Thats just hate, man. If ur imaginary Meg can get 11 levels in 4 chapters then, how is Edward getting only 1 level in 4 chapters? Favoritism. Trust me, Meg getting a level would be a miracle, period. She can't be shoved. She has 5..5 MOVE! So she cant reach enemies quickly and to make things worse, she has horrible terrain penalties due to her class. She'll never get enough levels to double unless you move at a snail's pace every chapter. Has bad caps, weird growths for an armor, gets doubled in her starting chapter and will never ever contribute as anything more than a shovebot in an efficient playthrough.

There is a crucial point as to why many people doesn't use Meg. Because everything said already here and horrible movement=ZOMG No Bonus EXP. :o

or Leonardo. [Yes, I said Leonardo is good. Because he's always good to me.]

Out of personnel experience. Leonardo isn't a good unit to use in general.

As scrubs Fiona > Meg imo. As combat units both take so much effort its hard to tell which one is better ^^' but i'd go with Fiona's high move and canto it makes it alot easier to train a character. Both of them need Forges too to have good hit rates and more attack.

Forges makes any character good. ^-^

in HM Meg lags alot especially in Part 4 and Endgame, Fiona can be reasonable helpful by then. Idk i'm not good at comparing but Meg seemed alot easier to train in Part 1 while Fiona seemed a lot easier to use in Part 3+

Yes, because of more MOVEMENT and without slowing your team down to get Meg to catch up as she does often put penalities on getting more bonus EXP.

Meg could probably solo 4-5 and the Dragon tower chapter way easier than Fiona because of Meg's better durability and the fact that Luna essentially nullifes a Dragon's usually enormous DEF stat.

Especially with a Brave weapon will make her invincible. xD

her bases are bad but even after she hits caps she's bad QQ I did an hm run with her and she's either stuck with 22 speed for a long while until her str catches up or she promotes to get some speed and her str is suffering even more. Her 3rd tier speed cap gets in her way for Part 4 iirc and her move gets in the way always, I needed Nolan to shove her around a lot. They should of given Meg better bases at least, because she has great availability but she has a very rough start and never grows into an excellent fighter in a fast turncount run, unless you give her every stat boost :^_^:.

I thought only Fiona had hit issues but Meg does too and both deal lol damage.

Then again. Since she caps so easily at Spd and Luk..it's positivly perfect to grow awful characters like Meg with statistics that they normally have trouble growing in. Meg is definitely in a hurry to needing Celerity/boots to possibly be any good.

I wish she were a Pegasus Knight instead...

That actually would have been better for her.

There's also male pegasus knights you know....

Yep. FE3 arenas.

I like that, but I'm less fond of the fact that it was so obvious that they were like 'lol let's make her fat' instead of just simply a strong, physically imposing chick in full armour.

And right, the stats definitely do not help, no.

EDIT: Nor did her shitty personality. Or the pink armour.

Yeah. And not blaming Zihark to avoid her proposals to him. xD

----

Also her support affinity is downright terrible which Heaven affinity doesn't make things any helpful with only mostly providing more hit%.

That's only speculation, of course. There's no statement I'm aware of that explicitly explains that sprite to feature a male. I always saw it as a female knight in armor. The blue tuft of hair doesn't appear very male either.

Edited by Celice

Does anyone realize how pointless this debate is? It makes sense to argue for her not being useless, but are people seriously arguing that she is one of the better units? The good units are pretty easy to identify, there aren't threads arguing about whether or not they suck. The fact that the subject was raised is evidence against her. Now, don't get me wrong, i have nothing against meg. She is a great novelty/challenge unit. But when you get down to it there are units that fit her niche much better than she does. Look at above posts for evidence, its all already been stated and i really don't feel like typing it. Just accept that they have to put in some characters that don't excel.

Does anyone realize how pointless this debate is? It makes sense to argue for her not being useless, but are people seriously arguing that she is one of the better units? The good units are pretty easy to identify, there aren't threads arguing about whether or not they suck. The fact that the subject was raised is evidence against her. Now, don't get me wrong, i have nothing against meg. She is a great novelty/challenge unit. But when you get down to it there are units that fit her niche much better than she does. Look at above posts for evidence, its all already been stated and i really don't feel like typing it. Just accept that they have to put in some characters that don't excel.

Nobody, but nobody, argued she was one of the better units.

All I see is the lightest shade of the shoulder pad.

Seeing as the unit is male, the armor would be bulkier.

Then that shoulder pad continues down the pegasus knight's back for some reason, instead of ending where a pad normally does :o It also has abhorrent shading if that were the case. Though, someone should probably take an actual look at the animation, rather than this one blurry frame, right?

ohhhhhhh

I see where you mean now. Yeah, if that was just part of his back he'd be kinda hunchbacked, and it seems just a liiiittle tank for a shoulderplate.

IDK though.