Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

6 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Yugioh Duel Links makes you wait 3 hours after doing your 5/6/7 duels per hour (depending on how many you have unlocked) until they come back and you can re-duel for rewards and experience. Pokemon Shuffle (as BANRYU said) is the same sort of thing. I expect it to function like this, and I still believe the swords relate to how many battles you can engage in per time period (with unlimited Arena battles per time limit).

That's still OK, mobile games are more about small sessions anyway. The last F2P I played had characters for 8$ each and there was no sale if you buy several of them at once, and they were limited in stars. If you do the math, buying your characters 5 by 5 in Heroes costs 20 gems, against 25 if you buy them separately, basically a free character. Yeah, they talked about some equivalent of energy, it sure must be this sword. 

Edited by Brand_Of_The_Exalt

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

16 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

It's gonna have to be few enough that they will try to incentivize you to buy Orbs. So if being patient and frugal isn't something you can pull off, maybe these F2P games aren't really your thing. It's a totally understandable reason to skip it, but the games CAN be perfectly playable despite it, at no expense other than having to wait between play sessions. It depends ofc, but given how Nintendo treated the freemium model with Pokemon Shuffle I'm not TOO worried. They probably have the sense not to scare people away with unattainable goals... it will just take time, in all likelihood. Paying is usually a way to offset the wait in games like this, in my experience. 

Yeah, I get this, believe me. Disney Magic Kingdoms functions similarly, and it's a game I play on PC even though it's also available on mobile (I just choose PC because I like the bigger screen, and I feel placing attractions and stuff is easier with a mouse than your finger). And I never cared much about having to wait for character quests to complete if I didn't keep buying gems to make them go faster.

But I don't want to feel like I have buy gems or orbs a LOT is what I'm saying, and I hope FE Heroes doesn't do that. Thankfully, Disney Magic Kingdoms only managed to make me feel like this during their Halloween and Christmas events due to the time limits. Otherwise, I haven't felt the need to buy gems a lot, but I don't really want this for FE Heroes and its orbs if there will be similar events in it.

27 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Sorry, but I have to disagree. That sounds really bad to me. Especially depending on how long quests take. >_>

You might also get a (few) orb for just logging on daily. Tales of Link (The Tales of version of this game) gives like 3 hero stones (5 = a character pull) per day on average. It also gives one orb for clearing each new story mission and a few on chapter completion. It really adds up fast that way. Not sure if this game will have that, but I hope so. 

4 minutes ago, Birdy said:

You might also get a (few) orb for just logging on daily. Tales of Link (The Tales of version of this game) gives like 3 hero stones (5 = a character pull) per day on average. It also gives one orb for clearing each new story mission and a few on chapter completion. It really adds up fast that way. Not sure if this game will have that, but I hope so. 

Ah, I see. Disney Magic Kingdoms does that as well, but it's not always gems you get daily, sometimes you get magic instead. Around half the time you get gems, the other half you get magic. So yeah, I can see FE Heroes getting a similar aspect.

And wow, that game's name. If I didn't already know there wasn't a Zelda Mobile game, I'd have thought that that was a Zelda one. I can see there being a lot of confusion between the two if there eventually is a Zelda Mobile game.

EDIT: Sylphid: Yeah, that may be the case, but the maps could easily be bigger than they appear on the screen just like in actual FE games where we have to scroll to see the whole map and other enemies. We might have to scroll here too.

Edited by Anacybele

Wow good catch on the Navarre joke, that was awesome xD

@Anacybele considering you have a 8x6 grids map, party of 4 and not that many enemies (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most we saw in the direct was 5?), I don't think one battle is going to take too long.

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

0f9c2dd812.png   4a1cdc5e58.png

You mean this, ya? It looks like Lon'qu was at Lv20/30, so I just assume that this gives you a character with higher bases to grind up 19/29 levels for potentially better overall stats. It does mention that more use makes your characters "better". This is probably what it means by how, since it says Initial Values for a 4* / 5* character. 

What confuses me here is that on the left image the picture of Lon'qu on top is the lvl 20 3* one, while on the right it's the lvl 1 5*. Since both images seems to be of the exact same situation except for the stars of Lon'qu, it's weird in one image you're shown the pre-upgrade one and on the other the post-upgrade one.

If we have random level ups like in the main games those were some horrid level ups

7 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Wow good catch on the Navarre joke, that was awesome xD

@Anacybele considering you have a 8x6 grids map, party of 4 and not that many enemies (someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think most we saw in the direct was 5?), I don't think one battle is going to take too long.

What confuses me here is that on the left image the picture of Lon'qu on top is the lvl 20 3* one, while on the right it's the lvl 1 5*. Since both images seems to be of the exact same situation except for the stars of Lon'qu, it's weird in one image you're shown the pre-upgrade one and on the other the post-upgrade one.

If we have random level ups like in the main games those were some horrid level ups

Hmm, it's probably either because:

A: The character is 5*'s and cannot go further, which is why they show the 4* one,
B: This is the screen right after the unit is ranked up

Also, I have the strange feeling level-ups will not be random in this game... :c

The right one is upgrading from 4* to 5*.

Yes, but if you look above that you can see that the character is already 5*'s.

Edited by Birdy

1 hour ago, Elieson said:

ONE STEP FURTHER!

eb972bbbb2.png

The direct literally ripped the dialogue, and now I want to go through and see if they did this elsewhere

i recognized that the moment I heard it during the stream and I thought it was a really nice reference

i was also fairly sure I was the only person who immediately recognized it

2 minutes ago, Birdy said:

Hmm, it's probably either because:

A: The character is 5*'s and cannot go further, which is why they show the 4* one,
B: This is the screen right after the unit is ranked up

Yes, but if you look above that you can see that the character is already 5*'s.

Oh wow, no wonder I felt I derped somewhere. Your reasoning is probably correct, imo.

4 hours ago, Elieson said:

22dc4ff9f8.png

Supposedly, some quests will be repeatable. If you need to do 5 quests to get enough to summon one unit, and 20 orbs gets you 5 potential recruits, it shouldn't be that bad. At this minute, I'll assume that you can probably grind out maybe 3 per hour, depending on mission difficulty, as long as quest missions are indeed repeatable.

Hmm, I think not. By quests I mean ingame quests during a node/stage, like: KO a flier, deploy 2 sword users, use only 3* units, etc. These quests would be cleared only once and might reward different resources: orbs, feathers, logos, etc. However there might be daily quests or daily login bonuses. Clearing each stage/node might reward Orbs to the player, though. So if people rush a chapter, like me, might get lots of Orbs instantly. But that's just a matter of playstyle, amirite @eclipse

Just now, Quintessence said:

However there might be daily quests or daily login bonuses.

FWIW this is what I meant by repeatable. You just phrased it better

The more you know...

@Sylphid Now that I'm thinking about it, will they be able to pull some FE x PotK event in the future? Imagine if they include Laevateinn, Apollo, Freikugel, Masamune, Longinus, Labrys and Yata no Kagami? And imagine FE units joining PotK? Wheeeee

12 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

@Sylphid Now that I'm thinking about it, will they be able to pull some FE x PotK event in the future? Imagine if they include Laevateinn, Apollo, Freikugel, Masamune, Longinus, Labrys and Yata no Kagami? And imagine FE units joining PotK? Wheeeee

Perhaps It's just wishful thinking and it may also be because It's a game/series I'm more familiar with, but I would like if a cross-over event was more with FF: Record Keeper. And It's not because, in this way, I could have my "Liam Team" formed by Laslow/Caius/Kain I swear

1 minute ago, The Malign Knight said:

Perhaps It's just wishful thinking and it may also be because It's a game/series I'm more familiar with, but I would like if a cross-over event was more with FF: Record Keeper. And It's not because, in this way, I could have my "Liam Team" formed by Laslow/Caius/Kain I swear

isn't that the game that has Ariana Grande in the app icon

46 minutes ago, The Malign Knight said:

Nope. The FF game you are talking about is Brave Exvius. Record Keeper doesn't have Arianna grande.

Unrelated, but ugh, Brave Exvius. I played the game and got severely screwed on pulls, with about 200 pulls, both earned and spent, and ending up without even one 5* (Don't even talk about getting a 6*...). After playing for about a month, they got a new event where you could earn stuff. Eventhough my team wasn't the best, I spend a lot of time and dedication leveling my characters up, building a decent team composition and farming items and weapons, I was sure I could rake up some points and earn items if I spend enough time on the lower level events and earn points. The realisation that I couldn't even do the 'novice' level event (let alone, the four higher ones) made me instantly delete the game.

I still wake up at night sweating in fear...

1 hour ago, Quintessence said:

The more you know...

I haven't played enough PotK to really know these characters, but that would definitely be fun.

I would enjoy the hell out of a Granblue Fantasy collab as well, incidentally :P:

15 hours ago, Elieson said:

What, no Skittles reps aside from Tomas? Clipseyyyy

If I were to actually make Team Skittles, it would be horrifically unbalanced.

14 hours ago, Elieson said:

Also oh my god the direct, I didn't notice this little pun @17:04 about Navarre

LowenthalSince when does a swordsman of his caliber fall in with thieves and cutthroats?

88a36f8490.png

Since Chapter 3, where he's working with the Soothsire bandits/cutthroats/thieves.

My thought as I heard him was "shut up Caeda".

9 hours ago, Quintessence said:

Hmm, I think not. By quests I mean ingame quests during a node/stage, like: KO a flier, deploy 2 sword users, use only 3* units, etc. These quests would be cleared only once and might reward different resources: orbs, feathers, logos, etc. However there might be daily quests or daily login bonuses. Clearing each stage/node might reward Orbs to the player, though. So if people rush a chapter, like me, might get lots of Orbs instantly. But that's just a matter of playstyle, amirite @eclipse

It really REALLY depends.  I do AP dumps in Unchained, and will chug Elixirs if I feel like it in Mobius.  What we don't know are stamina mechanics, so I don't know how I'm going to approach Heroes.  Hopefully, they'll keep their stamina refreshes separate from their in-game currency!

Edited by eclipse

I just hope the stamina recharge rate is bearable. As in, I don't want the type where the stamina takes too long to empty and too fast to recharge, i.e Tales of Link, Star Ocean.

Edited by pianime94

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

Hopefully, they'll keep their stamina refreshes separate from their in-game currency!

Oh god yes please. That was one of the main reasons I stopped puzzle and dragons and I don't want to see that again. If wonder if they would name stamina potions vulneraries.

@pianime94 there needs to be a balance since too much stamina available risks clearing content out too fast and ending up with nothing to use the stamina on. Also I would feel obligated to run something every hour to not waste stamina regen if it refreshes too fast

2 hours ago, Sylphid said:

Oh god yes please. That was one of the main reasons I stopped puzzle and dragons and I don't want to see that again. If wonder if they would name stamina potions vulneraries.@pianime94

I hope they name them Stamina Drinks in reference to FE5. 

It's not the recharge rate that matters, it's more the number of maps you can play before waiting. Mobile games are about shorst and spaced sessions, so basically you play in the train to work, when you're following a boring lecture at the university, you've done with your work and wait, etc basically when you're bored outside of your home, so when you take the phone back, it's often reloaded.

So apparently the current top3 in Choose Your Heroes are Lyn, Lucina and Ike (PoR)!

While I knew all 3 are popular, I'm honestly surprised to see Ike that high and Lyn at the top!

@Jave Completely forgot they had those, but that would indeed be a neat reference

18 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

So apparently the current top3 in Choose Your Heroes are Lyn, Lucina and Ike (PoR)!

While I knew all 3 are popular, I'm honestly surprised to see Ike that high and Lyn at the top!

Damn, I prefer RD Ike's design. Given the very limited quantities Tellius games had, I'm surprised he's here. Oh yeah, Smash, that's why it's his PorR appearance, because there a lot of people who didn't play forWiiU/3DS. Not surprised for Lucina, nor Lyn, even if I was expecting the contrary, like Lucina as first (she's almost the new face of the franchise), a Fates character, and Lyn/Eliwood/Hector. I expect Marth to be well-placed, even if his votes are shared between his games.

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

@Jave Completely forgot they had those, but that would indeed be a neat reference

@Anacybele This is good news for you, because the rewards for making #1 Male & #1 Female get specialty outfits and missions just for them, meaning that Ike is probably a shoe-in at this point as the leading man

*Edit- MY TEN THOUSANDTH POST!

Edited by Elieson