Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

33 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

LND was less prefd because it makes getting to Desperation range harder

Which honestly KINDA isnt a thing for PvE. Its a valid PVP issue though

(For example my Ursula runs Swordbreaker a lot for PvE)

PvE (Player vs Enemy? Player vs Player?)

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

E stands for Environment. All non-arena modes can be thought as PvE in Heroes, considering that it’s only in the arena, arena assault, and grand conquests that you can fight units set up by other players.

Non-arena enemies have vastly higher stats, and as such some arena builds might not work as well in these modes as they do in arena modes.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

E stands for Environment. All non-arena modes can be thought as PvE in Heroes, considering that it’s only in the arena, arena assault, and grand conquests that you can fight units set up by other players.

Non-arena enemies have vastly higher stats, and as such some arena builds might not work as well in these modes as they do in arena modes.

4 hours ago, daisy jane said:

This. PvE is predictable in such a way that niche characters can be more useful, this can also be said for stuff like Bartre and Caeda in arena so its much more gray

But the most glaring example of PvE vs PvP viability is how much worse one shot characters, set up characters, and imo armors are in some situations, and last but not least Brave Bow set is borderline godly in PvE but meh in Arena because they struggle against durable armors and Distant Counter being ridiculously common in refined weapons giving 5 HP era

Like i dare say building Optimized Virion is one of the best thing you can do for Hero Battles, but Virion.... uhhh yeah Virion was high tier but hes def not good atm

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

But the most glaring example of PvE vs PvP viability is how much worse one shot characters, set up characters, and imo armors are in some situations, and last but not least Brave Bow set is borderline godly in PvE but meh in Arena because they struggle against durable armors and Distant Counter being ridiculously common in refined weapons giving 5 HP era

Yeah, Brave Bow and Firesweep Bow are complete opposites of each other. Brave Bow is amazing in PVE for its insane damage output and lack of Distant Counter enemies, but its weakness to counter attacks make it a huge liability in PVP. On the other hand Firesweep Bow sucks in PVE because it cannot kill enemies faster than they can reinforce, while enemies in PVP are much easier to kill since they do not have crazy bulk and there are no reinforcements unless it is in Grand Conquests.

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

And with Zelgius, they didn't even bother to give him his Begnion armor, instead of just being dehelmeted BK.

OMG it is just he laziest ever.  Not to mention the face is drawn pretty badly as well.  I know these heroes are supposed to be planned months ahead of time, Zelgius seems like he was thrown in as a last minute addition to the banner.  

57 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I was thinking here...

There's not one Dagger hero who has a GHB, right? In fact, i don't think there's a TT unit with daggers either. Poor updated thieves.

Dagger users and the thief class tree are not very common among important enemy characters compared to other classes, though there are a couple playable dagger/thief characters that are recruited from the enemy (like approximately 1 per game or something close).

23 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dagger users and the thief class tree are not very common among important enemy characters compared to other classes, though there are a couple playable dagger/thief characters that are recruited from the enemy (like approximately 1 per game or something close).

Those are the ones i was thinking about. It would be nice for IS to add Rennac or that girl from fe6 then, just for more diversity in the F2P roster. 

14 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Those are the ones i was thinking about. It would be nice for IS to add Rennac or that girl from fe6 then, just for more diversity in the F2P roster. 

Cath? I'd be alright with that, if only because I'm not sure how to make her great, so making her a GHB at least means she just needs to have serviceable stats and good skill fodder.

Also, maybe they could throw in POR Sothe as a TT reward or something?

47 minutes ago, TheWill said:

They literally are talking about their hopes.

Negative, they're talking about their trial separations and how they're quitting after December 7 and how they've had bad luck with their pulls, and only vaguely alluded to the channel. Maybe if I keep telling you I don't object to that if it's in the right thread, it will eventually sink in.

47 minutes ago, TheWill said:

or they can just post here in a thread about something completely different in order to derail it

Fixed that for you.

18 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

how they're quitting after December 7

Oh, cool. Someone actually took me literally.

I'm not outright quitting FEH after Smash Ultimate arrives I'm way too far down the rabbit hole to just drop FEH on the spot. I will however be spending far less time on it because pretty much all of my free time from that point on will be dedicated to Ultimate if I'm truly serious about 100% completing it (which I probably am). 

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, cool. Someone actually took me literally.

I'm not outright quitting FEH after Smash Ultimate arrives I'm way too far down the rabbit hole to just drop FEH on the spot. I will however be spending far less time on it because pretty much all of my free time from that point on will be dedicated to Ultimate if I'm truly serious about 100% completing it (which I probably am). 

You shouldn't be surprised it's me who's doing that,

Oh, that's what you meant. Sorry if I put words in your mouth or anything.

8 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

Oh, that's what you meant. Sorry if I put words in your mouth or anything.

Nah it's fine. My wording there definitely could've stood to be clearer, so I can't blame you for getting the impression that I was legit quitting.

1 hour ago, Baldrick said:

Negative, they're talking about their trial separations and how they're quitting after December 7 and how they've had bad luck with their pulls, and only vaguely alluded to the channel. Maybe if I keep telling you I don't object to that if it's in the right thread, it will eventually sink in.

Fixed that for you.

First of all: Why are you quoting me in a different thread? 

And secondly, yes they did mention their bad luck and how they've been taking a "trial separation" with FEH. This was relevant because they're hoping the FEH channel will announce new content that makes them reconsider having to quit the game (despite the choice being difficult to change at the rate of which the game is going). 

Your entire post is ridiculous and contradictory since alluding to the FEH Channel means that the initial comment wasn't off-topic. The topic was about the community's hopes and expectations. Humanoid  addressed his hopes as he explicitly stated that he hoped that they'd announce something that indicates IS is "heading in the right direction", and also clarified that he will "stop pretending that anything they might announce would stop me from quitting". This is an expectation. These are very relevant and on-topic discussions about the upcoming FEH channel.

@Vaximillian was right

Zamasu did nothing wrong

Just when you think IS Altrithis in main banner is cured they went into relapse and released a banner period with 4 God Damn Alts and 1 not alts with a weapon that is an Alt of a weapon of an alt

The only saving grace here is anti firesweep is a thing but f

@Ice Dragon Instant S Tier Dracorrin for Killer Dragon?

9 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Vaximillian was right

I am always right.

I don’t even mind two Corrins at the same time.
But two Corrins who are pointless alts.
Plus Camilla’s pointless alt.
Plus Azura’s pointless alt.
Plus Mikoto being introduced as a pointless alt.
Five out of five alts in the batch.

The pinnacle of human creativity.
I feel empty.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I am always right.

I don’t even mind two Corrins at the same time.
But two Corrins who are pointless alts.
Plus Camilla’s pointless alt.
Plus Azura’s pointless alt.
Plus Mikoto being introduced as a pointless alt.
Five out of five alts in the batch.

The pinnacle of human creativity.
I feel empty.

I remember you once said IS will eventually start adding all alts on New Heroes banners. You were right, look where we are now. Nvm, this was already discussed. 

Edited by Icelerate

24 minutes ago, TheWill said:

First of all: Why are you quoting me in a different thread? 

Because we’re not talking about Feh Channel anymore.

24 minutes ago, TheWill said:

alluding to the FEH Channel means that the initial comment wasn't off-topic. .

Nah. There were no specific hopes and the expectation was an observation that the topic had no relevance to his feelings on Heroes. Name-dropping Feh Channel doesn’t make a post on-topic.

1 minute ago, Baldrick said:

Nah. There were no specific hopes and the expectation was an observation that the topic had no relevance to his feelings on Heroes. Name-dropping Feh Channel doesn’t make a post on-topic.

Wishing for anything worthwhile being announced from the FEH channel is absolutely on-topic and his feelings were integrated with what he hopes and expects from the upcoming FEH channel. Just because the original poster didn't come up with specific ideas or desires he had (eg. beast units) doesn't make it off-topic, lmao. But to label it as off-topic and that argue it shouldn't be on the thread is utterly ridiculous and honestly pointless, it makes me wonder why you're even replying to me? You're not making a coherent argument, you're just attempting to dismiss their post as "off-topic" even though other people have made similar comments (hence suggesting that people do think the overall topic is a related discussion point to the upcoming FEH channel) and other posters (such as myself) wholeheartedly believe it's on-topic. 

Just want to clarify a few things I guess, since I seem to have set off a bit of a dust-up, for which I apologise. It certainly wasn't my intention.

1) When I decided to semi-retire from FEH last month, it was with the expectation that I'd be in a holding pattern waiting for 3.0 news. Whether this would come in the form of a FEH channel or not is immaterial, though being such a major thing it would be more likely than not. At that point I genuinely did think that continuing to play was a real possibility, depending on what was announced.

2) In the weeks that followed, however, I found my loss of interest accelerated quite a bit despite already having significantly reduced my time commitments. By the last week or so, it had become clear to me that I needed more of a clean break from the game, and for more than a brief period. To the extent that I had previously been waiting for the FEH Channel to help me make a firm decision, I decided that it would be somewhat topical to mention on the FEH Channel thread. The point is that it would no longer shape my immediate decisions, but nonetheless I would watch it to see if anything interesting happens.

3) The little addendum bemoaning a little bout of bad luck doesn't really have anything to do with anything, and bad luck is certainly nothing to do with why I'm quitting. Other than the initial stages of the game, long ago, I don't consider myself any more or less lucky than the average FEH player. I do consider the outcome somewhat of a bittersweet reminder of the nature of gacha, but that's nothing more than a wry observation.

4) The real reason I'm leaving is for the same reason I stop playing any other game. Sometime's it's enough already and you just want to get some sleep play something else. I mean, I love Civ4, but I also haven't played it in years. That's the way games are. I've had my fill of FEH's gameplay, which has essentially been unchanged since launch. Maybe in future they'll release the mobile equivalent of a major expansion for a single player game that will draw me back in, but until such a point, I simply feel I've had enough.

P.S. Case in point, I am now playing XCOM Long War again with Ucross' rebalance mod. I completed a Long War campaign back in early 2016 and hadn't touched it since. I absolutely adore the game/mod and have it as one of my favourite games ever, but after winning the game I certainly had no desire to dive back in. It's only after a subsequent mod-for-a-mod that's significantly overhauled some core mechanics and introduced some fresh new ideas that I've come back. If FEH is still around in a year or two's time and has some similarly significant core changes, then I'd absolutely come back and try them out.

Edited by Humanoid

@Humanoid; I didn’t mean to drag you into this, but I do appreciate the clarification. I wouldn’t call it a dust-up, just Thewill misunderstanding and misrepping what I say.

Only one slot being reserved for a male character having become the new normal is one of the most disheartening developments and I think it could get quite nasty in the long run. If the male slots are artificially getting limited than the competition for those slots will be more fierce and a lot of deserving characters will lose their chance.

For a Genealogy banner there only needs to be one male not named Azelle to be added and he loses his chance. If Lex gets in then Azelle won't, if they put in Midayle for a Jungby theme then Azelle won't get in. And we don't know how long Heroes will last so Azelle might miss his last shot over this.

Same with Tibarn. If Ranulf gets added because he's Important to Ike then it means the male slot has already been taken and Tibarn will lose his chance. Tellius banners are very rare so at best Tibarn would have to wait a whole year until there's a new Tellius banner or Heroes starts updating and he loses his chance for good.

Wolf becoming the new Archanean male inherently means there isn't room for Xane anymore and Archenean banners aren't exactly common either.

There's a very real chance that great characters that should have been added ages ago will lose their final chance over this change.

At this point I don't know if I will get my rinkah anymore. Well, lets see if tomorrow will redeam today. I guess not even a free choice of our character from the next banner will make us happy. I want to save up for Rinkah and not overolled by baits, I got heartbroken by the damn nohr banner and now this T_T. Guess I should also try to skip on this banner and pull later for Camilla and Mikoto if they show up on a better banner. Those 2 Corrins can go elsewhere, rather would have seen a hoshidian banner with Rinkah, Orochi, Hisame and Mikoto GHB and then fates can go on a break.