• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Since the costume UI seems to be designed to be expandable, what do you think the odds of particularly popular characters getting purchaseable/earnable alt costumes (for their base character) or even 2nd resplendant costumes are?

I'd be down for this as long as the outfits are nice and offer the same benefits.

5 hours ago, Azuni said:

We gain 1 orb actually, before we got 10 orbs every 6 weeks (5+5 from AB 3-week rotation for orb reward), now its 11 orbs every 6 weeks (1x6 weekly orb, and 5 from the 6th week AB)

Sorry, I mean 1 orb less for not doing the new mode quest. For me feathers are much more important since I don’t farm and even as a F2P you get lots of orbs, so losing a mode which gives lots of feathers for this new mode...

4 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Sorry, I mean 1 orb less for not doing the new mode quest. For me feathers are much more important since I don’t farm and even as a F2P you get lots of orbs, so losing a mode which gives lots of feathers for this new mode...

You can just copy Pheonixmaster1's guide for the mode. It is very minimal effort with no brain power necessary.

On 6/23/2020 at 10:11 AM, XRay said:

I recommend sending them in game feedback if you have not done so yet, or tag them on Twitter so they can see it.

I do not think Intelligent Systems reads Fire Emblem forums frequently, if at all.

I did send a feedback ticket. I'm not okay with losing over 3,000 feathers a week from the mode and another 400 from the weekly AB/AA quests.

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I did send a feedback ticket. I'm not okay with losing over 3,000 feathers a week from the mode and another 400 from the weekly AB/AA quests.

Look at the Feh channel again, at higher intervals the Feather rewards go up to almost 8K for just RB alone. Of course the rewards are lower now, if they released Arena now and everyone had to start at tier 0, you wouldn't be getting the T21 rewards. 

2 minutes ago, Vicious Sal said:

Look at the Feh channel again, at higher intervals the Feather rewards go up to almost 8K for just RB alone. Of course the rewards are lower now, if they released Arena now and everyone had to start at tier 0, you wouldn't be getting the T21 rewards. 

To be fair, Allegiance Battles has two sets of rewards: The Score rewards (feathers, feathers + dews or feathers +orbs) and the Rank rewards (flowers + blessings).

Resonant Battles only have the Rank rewards, that can be four types of Flowers + Blessings combo, a high amount of feathers or feathers + dews.

This season we will not get at least 3,500 feathers max from reaching 950 points in AB. Even in higher intervals we will lose these feathers when the rewards in RB are only flowers and blessings, while in AB we would get Flower, blessings AND feathers.

I'd tolerate Resonant Battles more if it didn't alternate with Allegiance Battles. I actually like Allegiance Battles, because it's one of the few modes where having a pair-up hero makes a notable difference, and I like getting to use my friends' stupidly OP units. Also, trying to get as many bonus points as possible while working with annoying reinforcement spam is an interesting challenge, because if I play well enough I can get max score rewards even with my team of +0s.

RBs are basically delaying AB's orb week by another week, which is pretty sucky, but I also hate how RBs are pushing Harmonized Heroes on us to score well. Yeah, in AB you needed pair-up heroes too, but unless my memory fails me AB didn't come out IMMEDIATELY after our first pair-up hero, forcing you to pull for Roy if you wanted to score well. I think by the time AB became active you had a few choices in your pair-up hero. Not to mention that legendary banners are just better in terms of pulling anyway than regular summer banners, except for the length of time they're around.

Basically, the problem isn't really Resonant Battles itself, but its implementation is pretty scummy.

51 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'd tolerate Resonant Battles more if it didn't alternate with Allegiance Battles. I actually like Allegiance Battles, because it's one of the few modes where having a pair-up hero makes a notable difference, and I like getting to use my friends' stupidly OP units. Also, trying to get as many bonus points as possible while working with annoying reinforcement spam is an interesting challenge, because if I play well enough I can get max score rewards even with my team of +0s.

RBs are basically delaying AB's orb week by another week, which is pretty sucky, but I also hate how RBs are pushing Harmonized Heroes on us to score well. Yeah, in AB you needed pair-up heroes too, but unless my memory fails me AB didn't come out IMMEDIATELY after our first pair-up hero, forcing you to pull for Roy if you wanted to score well. I think by the time AB became active you had a few choices in your pair-up hero. Not to mention that legendary banners are just better in terms of pulling anyway than regular summer banners, except for the length of time they're around.

Basically, the problem isn't really Resonant Battles itself, but its implementation is pretty scummy.

I believe the mode released in the time when our second Pair Up Legend (Alm). I need to check it xD

7 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I believe the mode released in the time when our second Pair Up Legend (Alm). I need to check it xD

Yeah, I meant to do that and got distracted. I mostly ask because I got super lucky and pulled legendary Alm on his debut banner, and I remember always having Alm around since the start of AB. So I'm wondering how much of a "grace period" we got for AB to get pair-up units if we wanted them compared to Resonant Battles being like "oh if you want to score well you need the one Harmonized Hero that exists and if you want to score REALLY well you can get two of them to +10 lol" 

Is anyone having trouble logging into Heroes right now? I do not think there is an update or anything. When I start the app, the blue shiny thing just keeps spinning for a while, and then it tells me there was a communication error and tells me to retry.

— — — — — — —

I cannot connect to the game using my WiFi for some reason.

I am reinstalling the game. I can connect through my phone's network, although reinstallation download seems to be very slow.

Edited by XRay

On 6/23/2020 at 12:34 PM, XRay said:

I rather loot boxes stay. If a player does not like loot boxes, then do not play games with loot boxes. There are plenty of other options. Having something like Heroes helps stabilize Fire Emblem as a franchise. If a main line game does not pan out, having a strong mobile title that does well is a signal that the franchise is still viable.

On 6/23/2020 at 7:13 AM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Lootbox regulations would be the death of the game.

Heroes wouldn’t necessarily be killed by banning loot boxes, it just needs to change its revenue model. The simplest way to do so would be to discontinue the summoning mechanic, and introduce an “orb shop”, you buy units currently in the summoning pool for orbs outright, like the grail shop does for GHBs.

Removing the gambling aspect will fix the problem with loot boxes. It ensures anyone who does decide to pay gets what they paid for.

Making the true cost of units visible up-front - assuming they remain roughly in-line with what they are currently - would be a big reality check for a lot of people and would probably cause a pretty steep drop in sales. Alternatively the net cost would be made significantly cheaper than they are right now, and then questions might be raised internally on whether the product is worth maintaining in the first place.

For me, I would prefer to see actual age/identity verification required before any real money transactions are unlocked on a given account, and by that I mean providing real proof of identity and not just entering a date of birth on an online form. It's what I had to do to register my accounts with a sports betting agency, and what I had to do before I could purchase lottery tickets online. This is probably more in line with European thinking of course (which Australian and NZ sensibilities tend to align with), and from my admittedly limited knowledge of overseas laws would be less likely to fly in the more nakedly capitalist cultures of the US and Japan.

In the end then it will be a commercial decision on whether compliance with local or regional laws is worth the potential profit from those places. Clearly they've decided it wasn't worth it in the case of Belgium, so we'll see what happens when it affects business where the consumer base is a couple of magnitudes larger in total.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Making the true cost of units visible up-front - assuming they remain roughly in-line with what they are currently - would be a big reality check for a lot of people and would probably cause a pretty steep drop in sales.

Anyone who buys micro transactions impulsively should absolutely not be exposed to micro transactions, even if they are legally an adult.

Wow, unlike 80% of the other Resplendent Heroes so far, Minerva actually looks like she belongs in that armor.

I don't really use her and I don't really want to want to use her, so looks like I won't be able to reverse time by 1 turn for a while.

What does that say about Lugh though? 😛

In any case, it's impossible to justify Minerva to me since we got a +1 Mininerva essentially for free. To be fair, that's pretty much the case for all the 5-star exclusives so far and she's probably the closest to being justifiable since her replacement unit is so recent. The previous 5-star units were "obsoleted" a lot earlier, relative to when their Resplendent version was released.

In the end, the only Resplendents I actually want remain Eliwood and Cordelia, so the odds of three consecutive Resplendents being desirable enough to warrant a subscription remains basically nil.

I'm a bit more concerned that they went with another 5-star exclusive instead of a 3-4 star after Linde. Wonder if it means IS getting more desperate for money or something. Since people who might not pay for stats boost+costume may at least pay for getting the unit in general.

Yeah, can we not get another Elibe Resplendent for at least two months (preferably longer) please? They only already have at least one character for each attire type while several games still have no Resplendents at all.

I am surprised Minerva came on the heels of Linde. I wouldn't have expected another Archanean character, let alone another 5* so soon when Muspell hasn't had a common pull.

I think I prefer her original art, the outfit's not bad but it's not a deal-maker and I'm not a fan of the faces. She looks more like Pyra from Xenoblade than Minerva.

Yeah, I'm surprised Minerva was picked next. I'm concerned that we won't get anymore resplendent outfits for 3-4 star units and that's not good when I was hoping to see Frederick get one...

I like Minerva and I'll take her, but still...

Though I will admit that it was about time a female got to dress up in Muspell clothes. I don't think we had one before.

Edited by Anacybele