"Ask Fire Emblem Heroes Questions and Get Them Answered Here" Thread

Randoman

3 hours ago, XRay said:

If it is for flier quests, you can probably replace Palla then since enemies in the Training Tower are pretty easy. If you are using the team for Elite Grand Hero Battle quests, you might have to reform the team for each Battle since the enemies are kind of broken there and there will be reinforcements.

Yeah, Elite quests are a different beast. With those my issue is more that Corrin is going to be my fifth built flier so I don't have a lot of options lol.

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

Yeah, figured as much. Plus no one wants to kill a Nephenee for Atk/Spd+2. Anyways I was just wondering what you guys think is best in your experience, I don't actually have Legendary Ephraim yet lol, but I'm still thinking of builds for him just in case.

This is my recommendation:

Legendary Ephraim [+Atk, -whatever]

Flame Siegmund
Reposition
Luna / Aether / Moonbow
Death Blow 3 / Sturdy Blow 2
Solar Brace
[flexible passive C]
Heavy Blade 3 (with Luna / Aether) / Attack +3 (with Moonbow)

Luna and Moonbow aim to land on the second hit of every round of combat, though they have the downside of not healing as much because the opponent will probably not take the full damage of the attack before running out of HP to count towards your healing.

Aether aims to land on the first hit of the second round of combat to heal 80% of the damage dealt against an opponent at full HP.

Sturdy Blow deals 2 less damage per hit than Death Blow, but also means you take 4 less damage on the counterattack, making it easier to heal back up if sustain is relevant.

3 hours ago, Ae†her said:

Yeah, figured as much. Plus no one wants to kill a Nephenee for Atk/Spd+2. Anyways I was just wondering what you guys think is best in your experience, I don't actually have Legendary Ephraim yet lol, but I'm still thinking of builds for him just in case.

Optimized offensive healers would want Atk/Spd 2, so if I got spare Nephenees, I would definitely sacrifice her to Elise for that. Since I am a big fan of ranged and high mobility units, I do not care too much for Wrath Wrath Reinhardt is not broken.

Flame Siegmund gives him "infinite" Speed so to speak as long as he is outnumbered, so if you give him Desperation, he functions similarly to Lyn except with a more restrictive Weapon. I highly recommend running a Dancer/Singer with Wings of Mercy and/or TOD!Nowi running Grimoire with Reposition to get him back to safety.

If you want to troll educate players with your defense team, I would use Wings of Mercy with Spd Smoke and Atk Smoke and have someone else on the team run Infantry Pulse.

14 hours ago, XRay said:

Her nature depends on her A slot. If you are going for Triangle Adept, her nature is flexible so I would go with [+Atk/Def/Res, -HP/Spd]. For a general purpose Enemy Phase build, I generally gravitate towards +Atk so she can kill more stuff, I am just not too sure about the bane. Here is @Ice Dragon's take on @Infinite Dreams's question:

Okay, I think I'll go with +Atk/-Spd then, as I don't even have a +Res Fae.

Also, not trying to be pushy, but did you just forget about my question regarding Luna/Draconic Aura or would you prefer if I ask someone else?

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Optimized offensive healers would want Atk/Spd 2, so if I got spare Nephenees, I would definitely sacrifice her to Elise for that. Since I am a big fan of ranged and high mobility units, I do not care too much for Wrath Wrath Reinhardt is not broken.

Sometimes I just think they didn't make Wrath and Steady Breath available for Horse Emblem just because of Reinhardt and Olwen. Screw the mobility, Dire Thunder is just broken.

Edited by Ae†her

Open question is what to do with my new +Atk -Def Summer Gaius. A 33/37 offensive statline is better than I though it would be, and probably screams Firesweep Bow, but that's not likely to show up anytime soon for me. I already have a neutral Bridelia +1 so I probably don't need another Brave Bow foot archer. So in terms of accessible options that kinda just leaves Slaying Bow or his default icy pole.

For the other slots I'm thinking cheap - I want to preserve his bulk as an anti-mage archer (I have none of Inner, Jeorge or Niles) but Fury or Death Blow is too valuable for him. Could go Darting Blow, Spd+3 or even Res+3 for activating Def Ploy. Desperation probably picks itself for the B-slot though his native Vantage seems passable if I prefer a mage-bait role. Then just Iceberg and Draw Back probably.

@Ice Dragon Reckon you'd change anything other than possibly the Heavy Blade seal if Ephraim was -atk? Though 58 atk with DB3 is still above the threshold to proc HB for many units I guess. Nothing like the tragedy of using it with my original -atk Ike at any rate.

54 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

Reckon you'd change anything other than possibly the Heavy Blade seal if Ephraim was -atk? Though 58 atk with DB3 is still above the threshold to proc HB for many units I guess. Nothing like the tragedy of using it with my original -atk Ike at any rate.

That becomes 64 Atk with Hone Cavalry up, which is still well high enough to make Heavy Blade work out.

18 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I've been thinking of building Draug as my consistently merge-able red armor for arena since I don't use BK for his DC sword as much I thought I would. For a +Spd/-Res Draug, would he like Slaying Edge and Bonfire set or Wo Dao and Moonbow set?

Bump

So through summoning today I pulled my first L’Arachel, and she seemed to have decent IVs, being +Spd -Res. I also pulled a Mae with the same IVs (both are 4* btw). I have wanted to build a Mae for a long while and couldn’t summon her for ages, and now I have one with decent IVs. I don’t have any 5* blue mage cavs outside of Reinhardt, so I thought upgrading L’Arachel would bring some more variety. However, while training her she seemed somewhat unimpressive as even with a speed boon she had trouble doubling enemies. So is it worth upgrading L’Arachel to 5* after all? Or should I go with Mae instead? I have plenty of 5* blue infantry mages anyway if I don’t go for Mae.

2 hours ago, Sias said:

Okay, I think I'll go with +Atk/-Spd then, as I don't even have a +Res Fae.

Also, not trying to be pushy, but did you just forget about my question regarding Luna/Draconic Aura or would you prefer if I ask someone else?

Sorry about that. I think I might have missed it. I would generally run Luna/Bonfire/Iceberg for a 3 cool down Special. Atk Special needs Atk to be really high since it only does 30%/50% of your Atk stat, while Def/Res Specials are generally much better since they do 50%/80% of your Def/Res stat.

Luna is generally better on Player Phase units since their Def/Res usually are not stacked and they sometimes dump it with Life and Death if it is high enough. Enemy Phase units generally run Bonfire/Iceberg, although Luna may sometimes be more optimal for them too. I would double check the calculator to be sure.

This Reddit analysis is a little outdated, but the math break down is there if you want something more specific. I generally just run the calculator using Enemies +Spd with Fury overwrite to test which Special is better on a particular unit.

2 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Open question is what to do with my new +Atk -Def Summer Gaius. A 33/37 offensive statline is better than I though it would be, and probably screams Firesweep Bow, but that's not likely to show up anytime soon for me. I already have a neutral Bridelia +1 so I probably don't need another Brave Bow foot archer. So in terms of accessible options that kinda just leaves Slaying Bow or his default icy pole.

For the other slots I'm thinking cheap - I want to preserve his bulk as an anti-mage archer (I have none of Inner, Jeorge or Niles) but Fury or Death Blow is too valuable for him. Could go Darting Blow, Spd+3 or even Res+3 for activating Def Ploy. Desperation probably picks itself for the B-slot though his native Vantage seems passable if I prefer a mage-bait role. Then just Iceberg and Draw Back probably.

This is as a cheap as I can make it: [+Atk, -Def, Refreshing Bolt [Spd], Moonbow, Speed +3, Quick Riposte, Speed +3]. It is able to withstand any unbuffed Celica I built in the calculator.

2 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I've been thinking of building Draug as my consistently merge-able red armor for arena since I don't use BK for his DC sword as much I thought I would. For a +Spd/-Res Draug, would he like Slaying Edge and Bonfire set or Wo Dao and Moonbow set?

I am assuming you have Bold Fighter and he will be in a Distant Counter armor team. I would go with Slaying Edge/Wo Dao if you want the best performance. I would go with +Def Refinement.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

oh hey i got summer leo on the legendary banner

and he's +def/-res

is this salvageable?

Almost any unit is salvageable with Triangle Adept builds for Arena Assault. If you have Deflect Missile, Distant Def, or Defense +3, he can run a Raven build.

39 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

So through summoning today I pulled my first L’Arachel, and she seemed to have decent IVs, being +Spd -Res. I also pulled a Mae with the same IVs (both are 4* btw). I have wanted to build a Mae for a long while and couldn’t summon her for ages, and now I have one with decent IVs. I don’t have any 5* blue mage cavs outside of Reinhardt, so I thought upgrading L’Arachel would bring some more variety. However, while training her she seemed somewhat unimpressive as even with a speed boon she had trouble doubling enemies. So is it worth upgrading L’Arachel to 5* after all? Or should I go with Mae instead? I have plenty of 5* blue infantry mages anyway if I don’t go for Mae.

L'Arachel needs her exclusive tome, cavalry buffs, and/or (at the very minimum} Fury to reliably double. Not even Mae can reliably double without some levels of investment and support either.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

L'Arachel needs her exclusive tome, cavalry buffs, and/or (at the very minimum} Fury to reliably double. Not even Mae can reliably double without some levels of investment and support either.

In which case I will build L’Arachel with Fury 2 (for now, I only had one 4* Hinata and he just went to Gunnthrá, so L’Arachel ate a 4* Bartre instead) and her exclusive tome. Hopefully that will help her out.

Remaking my Armor Team, and I've come down to two people for a bold fighter fodder. There's H.Jakob and then Grima. While H.Jakob may seem like a no brainer with a ranged DB x 4 (Aether) build, I've also read the mixed build suggested earlier by Ginko (thanks again) for Grima can allow him to defeat some reds , including Falchion users (SB/WB + BF + Buffs + First Initiation). This too is very appealing, especially as he is my focal point of hone for dragon emblem.

Input?

Which Shiro should I use? +ATK/-HP (twice, *sigh*) or +HP/-RES?

I don't plan to give him big SI, but I'll use him in TTs with QR seal. +HP/-RES Shiro got Bonfire, Ignis and Renewal so far, the other one is still Level 1. 

@mcsilas What did you do with your 3 Shiros? 

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Which Shiro should I use? +ATK/-HP (twice, *sigh*) or +HP/-RES?

I don't plan to give him big SI, but I'll use him in TTs with QR seal. +HP/-RES Shiro got Bonfire, Ignis and Renewal so far, the other one is still Level 1. 

@mcsilas What did you do with your 3 Shiros? 

If you're going with QR on him, definitely the +atk variant would be most beneficial. I'd say the same thing regardless, but QR makes it even more worth it.

1 minute ago, Raven said:

If you're going with QR on him, definitely the +atk variant would be most beneficial. I'd say the same thing regardless, but QR makes it even more worth it.

Ok, thank you! +ATK Shiro is started training immediately! 

Now I have to check if Steady Stance/ DEF Tactic or Bonfire/Ignis/Renewal are more important (question if to merge to preserve inherited skills or to have 2 spare Shiros). 

2 minutes ago, HeyThatsMyCookie said:

Fallen Celica or Legendary Ike? I can’t really decide on who to use for my main team

Personally I would choose the Legendary Ike. He's got good bulk with his A-skill, good longevity with his Radiant Aether, and is great on enemy phase thanks to his weapon's innate distant counter. Give him the Quick Riposte seal (and take no more than one more infantry unit to take advantage of his Def Tactic, or replace this with some other C-skill) and he's all good to go.

1 hour ago, OmNomNom said:

Remaking my Armor Team, and I've come down to two people for a bold fighter fodder. There's H.Jakob and then Grima. While H.Jakob may seem like a no brainer with a ranged DB x 4 (Aether) build, I've also read the mixed build suggested earlier by Ginko (thanks again) for Grima can allow him to defeat some reds , including Falchion users (SB/WB + BF + Buffs + First Initiation). This too is very appealing, especially as he is my focal point of hone for dragon emblem.

Input?

For TOD!Jakob, I recommend Firesweep Bow with Armor Boots instead. He will function better than Firesweep BB!Cordelia since he always doubles as well as moving like special Refinement Takumi. He can also be used outside of an armor teams since he is not slow and he can keep Armor Boots up indefinitely since he cannot be countered.

4 minutes ago, HeyThatsMyCookie said:

Fallen Celica or Legendary Ike? I can’t really decide on who to use for my main team

In addition to what @Raven wrote, Ike is the better choice for arena as well, since he'll boost your score (higher BST, SP expensive special, boost for blessed allies on earth weeks). 

7 minutes ago, Raven said:

Personally I would choose the Legendary Ike. He's got good bulk with his A-skill, good longevity with his Radiant Aether, and is great on enemy phase thanks to his weapon's innate distant counter. Give him the Quick Riposte seal (and take no more than one more infantry unit to take advantage of his Def Tactic, or replace this with some other C-skill) and he's all good to go.

Thanks so much! Sadly I don’t think I have the Quick riposte seal, but I’ll try to find another seal to give him unless you have any other ideas for a Legendary Ike build.

Still in need for another Archer, my only good one is a +speed Brave build B!Lyn.

I dont have much available but this is what I have.

+atk -hp Gordin

Neutral Klein

+hp -def Leon

empty vessel Takumi.

31 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Still in need for another Archer, my only good one is a +speed Brave build B!Lyn.

I dont have much available but this is what I have.

+atk -hp Gordin

Neutral Klein

+hp -def Leon

empty vessel Takumi.

You could give Gordin that Kleins Death Blow 3 and run a pretty decent Brave Bow+ set that comes standard with Gordin.

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Next nature question: 

Neutral or +DEF/-HP VL!Ike? I know the difference isn't big. I'll use him for the new modes + TTs but not arena (except in bonus seasons).

+Def -HP. Neutral is fine, its what everyone who completes the Peoples Hero map will have, but Ike is pretty physically bulky, it's alright to emphasize on that.

I would have actually wanted what you have over what my own Ike is... +Res -HP...

Edited by Xenomata