Kemono Friends Mafia - Game Over

Prims

1 hour ago, Rapier said:

Why do you think I am less scummy?

Your explanation made a lot of sense to me is all lol

I don't think I'll remove my vote though... I am still convinced you're scum and you're using real life issues to mask your scumminess

1 hour ago, Rapier said:

Timezones and laziness hate my guts, my bad.

bleh

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK giving this random accusation thing a shot

@Rex Glacies You say you'll change your vote after everyone shows up. But what if Magnificance never shows up? Then it'd be a wasted vote  and you wouldn't be contributing to the town. I get we still have a ton of time left and you want to be sure but it wouldn't hurt to put forth at least your suspicious up to this point instead of being quiet.

Kapura'd but my point still stands.

@SB. In this post you say you won't be back for 24 hours or more yet you still manage to say this 6 hours later. Granted it as a small post but you weren't tagged in it so it's not like it would be at the top of your notifications if you happened to find the time to log on. I'd argue you'd have to have been actively following the topic to have seen it and responded so fast. The likely hood of you just happening upon it when you have the time to log on is slim. I hypothesis that you are monitoring the topic as a guest to be avoid being seen on the online list and therefore not having to be questioned. I believe Sunwoo mentioned that you participated in a mafia champions game so I can assume you're very good and I wouldn't put it past you to do something meta as that.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

I might have a bit less of a problem with it if most of the game were experienced players, but a good 1/3 of the game is people who've never played before and may be less certain of their reads or more susceptible to being swayed by reasons to stop suspecting someone. 

Sorry to bring this up again by this doesn't quite make sense to me. I'm also a relatively inexperienced player when it comes to this site so the fact that you think I'm meta gaming that hard, while flattering, is also an incredibly large leap in logic.

Perhaps I didn't fully grasp what you were getting at but it feels kinda out there to me.

15 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

Sorry to bring this up again by this doesn't quite make sense to me. I'm also a relatively inexperienced player when it comes to this site so the fact that you think I'm meta gaming that hard, while flattering, is also an incredibly large leap in logic.

Perhaps I didn't fully grasp what you were getting at but it feels kinda out there to me.

Even if you're new to SF, you're not new to mafia in general, right? As far as I know, Arcanite, Anime, Glacies, and DefaultBeep are new to mafia as a whole, so they'd be starting at more of a "point zero" than you'd be. So basically, I just feel that saying "this is how I play" could be a way to get first time players to excuse one's behavior without the new players being able to know how to analyze if this really is different behavior.

It's not a major point, but it's something that I found worthy of note.

Also, someone tell me why Arcanite is voting Rapier again. Their vote on Rapier is from RVS, and they hadn't made any meaningful comment on Rapier afterwards aside from saying Rapier's first content post actually made him seem less scummy, but says that they're still convinced Rapier is scum.

##Unvote

##Vote: Arcanite

Why?

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Even if you're new to SF, you're not new to mafia in general, right? As far as I know, Arcanite, Anime, Glacies, and DefaultBeep are new to mafia as a whole, so they'd be starting at more of a "point zero" than you'd be. So basically, I just feel that saying "this is how I play" could be a way to get first time players to excuse one's behavior without the new players being able to know how to analyze if this really is different behavior.

It's not a major point, but it's something that I found worthy of note.

Also, someone tell me why Arcanite is voting Rapier again. Their vote on Rapier is from RVS, and they hadn't made any meaningful comment on Rapier afterwards aside from saying Rapier's first content post actually made him seem less scummy, but says that they're still convinced Rapier is scum.

##Unvote

Why?

Ah, gotcha.

And in regards to Arc's vote I think it's a joke with the reasoning being a joke Rapier made on the sign-ups?

2 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

And in regards to Arc's vote I think it's a joke with the reasoning being a joke Rapier made on the sign-ups?

psh

It may seem like a joke to you guys

WAKE UP!

Again, that's fine enough for an RVS. But we are now seven pages deep into the game. If you find Rapier legitimately scummy, Arcanite, then give a non-joking case as to why you are keeping your vote on him for reals. Or if you don't actually find him scummy anymore, then un-vote him, and who is your top scumread?

Okay haven't quite read the newer stuff yet sifting through all the posts that happened while I was asleep is painful and time consuming and I want to get my opinions on the game at about a page back before I forget and have to shift through everything again. 

First thing out of the way @Anime27Arts asked why I was suddenly very serious, it is combination of my perception that Bartozio seems more like the type of person that would act serious after we have been called on shiposting by Boron, and the joke flew straight over my head. The reason I was acting more serious is both because Boron told us to and because for a large amount of the players specifically the counting group this is their first game and thus as a player who has had more experience (even if it was one game) I felt an obligation to act more serious.

Now onto player reads at the moment I will get @Rex Glacies out of the way first, he hasn't posted much commenting on people actions which could be seen as lurking but I believe him when he said he is busy especially since he mentioned the same thing before roles went out.

Now @Greencapps I think he is very suspicious (that said I don't want to put him anywhere close to lynch range yet because I don't want to burn away this phrase.) Firstly playing how you played your previous games is non-alignment indicative because logically mafia would want to play in their 'normal' way as a sudden change in character would be very suspicious. This makes me wonder then why you are trying to prove that you are playing 'normally'. On top of this your posts on the top of page 6 about Rapier feel more like you are trying to discredit Rapier for taking a jab at you even if you where right about it your way of going about it feels 'scummy'

I was completely unaware @Magnificence Incarnate was even playing this game. He is experienced so he should know full well that staying completely silent as scum is a really stupid tactic, because someone is going to notice and call you out. I am going to vote him though because I want an explanation for this silence and if he wishes to remain silent I am content to have him Lynched. 

##Unvote
##Vote: Marth

Going to go out with this now before I click something and lose it 

7 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Okay haven't quite read the newer stuff yet sifting through all the posts that happened while I was asleep is painful and time consuming and I want to get my opinions on the game at about a page back before I forget and have to shift through everything again. 

First thing out of the way @Anime27Arts asked why I was suddenly very serious, it is combination of my perception that Bartozio seems more like the type of person that would act serious after we have been called on shiposting by Boron, and the joke flew straight over my head. The reason I was acting more serious is both because Boron told us to and because for a large amount of the players specifically the counting group this is their first game and thus as a player who has had more experience (even if it was one game) I felt an obligation to act more serious.

Wasn't technically directed at me, but I wondered the same thing, and this is a decent answer. I'll let you off the hook for now.

##Unvote

That said, and I feel kinda bad about it, but...

I'm also really curious why you seem so confident about your vote, @Arcanite. I assumed it was just left over from the early pages, but you still sound very certain about it, without giving any real reason why. I want to see your point of view on this.

Just now, Sunwoo said:

Again, that's fine enough for an RVS. But we are now seven pages deep into the game. If you find Rapier legitimately scummy, Arcanite, then give a non-joking case as to why you are keeping your vote on him for reals. Or if you don't actually find him scummy anymore, then un-vote him, and who is your top scumread?

Being serious now:

I do have someone else in mind.... but I still want to wait and see before I say anything

I also did go back and read everything too so I'm not just fooling around, in case anyone was wondering heh

Also that is my case for voting Rapier. I just think that remark seemed scummy to me, amid all this ensuing chaos. Again though, I have someone else in mind but I just want to be a little sure.... before I change my vote (and give my reasoning)

1 minute ago, DefaultBeep said:

Wasn't technically directed at me, but I wondered the same thing, and this is a decent answer. I'll let you off the hook for now.

##Unvote

That said, and I feel kinda bad about it, but...

I'm also really curious why you seem so confident about your vote, @Arcanite. I assumed it was just left over from the early pages, but you still sound very certain about it, without giving any real reason why. I want to see your point of view on this.

Is that how this works? We just vote people to make them talk? scum

Explained above lol

Argh I forgot to talk about our resident red knight @Michelaar he is confusing me his play is identical to the last game where he was scum, and generally posting passively just watching the chaos is scummy but at the same time I don't doubt that this is probably his usual way of playing and if he where scum he wouldn't be making the exact same mistakes he did last time. But then that is non alignment indicative because if he where town he still doesn't want to get lynched and thus should know to change his play style. 

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Being serious now:

I do have someone else in mind.... but I still want to wait and see before I say anything

I also did go back and read everything too so I'm not just fooling around, in case anyone was wondering heh

Also that is my case for voting Rapier. I just think that remark seemed scummy to me, amid all this ensuing chaos. Again though, I have someone else in mind but I just want to be a little sure.... before I change my vote (and give my reasoning)

Is there any reason you're waiting before you're saying anything? While I get that sometimes townies may want to keep things to themselves, a lot of times those cases are role-related (such as not wanting to say in-thread that you figured out who an important power role is), is there any benefit to holding all your cards close to you and not sharing what you think?

Also, I really don't agree with your vote on Rapier. People joke pre-game and in early D1. You even said that his post made him less suspicious to you, so I really don't understand your vote on him.

12 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Being serious now:

Explained above lol

Apparently yea on D1 that seems to the procedure.

Arc talk it just makes you seem like scum if you don't and I really don't want you to be scum.

Edited by Greencapps

Also I am going to address the counting crew that started with this game, I am not sure how far to read into their actions. @DefaultBeephas been rather quiet but it seems like he is just observing which seems a natural way to play and is exactly what I would have done on my first game if I didn't manage to bother everyone with my first post. @Anime27Arts seems to be a similar deal.
I don't find @Arcanite actions particularly scummy, because it is literally what I did in my first game, trying to work on a little gambit of its own. and keeping information from town while doing it because it might ruin it.

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

Being serious now:

I think so? That's what I gathered from other posts, anyway. Please forgive

That's decent reasoning, although it probably would've helped your case to explain that earlier. I did the same with Mackc2, so I can't exactly fault you for doing it.

I'd leave my vote on you for now just because I'm not sure who else to vote for, but I kinda want to avoid doing that from now on, so after rereading the thread so far...

##Unvote

##Vote: Greencapps

I'm still a little unsure of how to take his posts so far. He's been bouncing a bit from aggressive, to defensive, to passive throughout most of the game. He seems to have settled into a more consistent style lately after finding out some differences between Mafia here and Mafia elsewhere, but there's enough inconsistency throughout the thread to make me unsure of him. I agree that the insistence on links to his past games comes across as a bit desperate to prove his innocence, and there shouldn't be much difference in his playstyle whether he's Town or not, so giving so many examples seems pointless otherwise.

Also, and this is more of a minor point and less evidence of him being Mafia, but he's been the only one so far that I've seen to edit his posts, particularly on page 5. Not automatically scummy, but editing posts is stated to be against the rules on the first page; I'm not sure if that's Green specifically going against the rules or just not reading them fully, but it's something that rubbed me the wrong way all the same.

15 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Also I am going to address the counting crew that started with this game, I am not sure how far to read into their actions. @DefaultBeephas been rather quiet but it seems like he is just observing which seems a natural way to play and is exactly what I would have done on my first game if I didn't manage to bother everyone with my first post.

Yeah, I'm still more comfortable observing over outright questioning, but I'll throw my thoughts out there when I feel they're applicable. Even if we can replace our votes without limit (until the day ends of course), I still want to be careful on who I give out votes to.

Also, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm fine with you tagging my username in your posts when you mention me, if you want.

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

but editing posts is stated to be against the rules on the first page; I'm not sure if that's Green specifically going against the rules or just not reading them fully, but it's something that rubbed me the wrong way all the same.

Oh whoops.

Must have missed that.

It's all for grammar and formatting changes.

I'll stop that.

14 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

That's decent reasoning, although it probably would've helped your case to explain that earlier. I did the same with Mackc2, so I can't exactly fault you for doing it.

They literally haven't given us any reasoning at all. I don't see how you arrived to this.

16 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I'm still a little unsure of how to take his posts so far. He's been bouncing a bit from aggressive, to defensive, to passive throughout most of the game. He seems to have settled into a more consistent style lately after finding out some differences between Mafia here and Mafia elsewhere, but there's enough inconsistency throughout the thread to make me unsure of him. I agree that the insistence on links to his past games comes across as a bit desperate to prove his innocence, and there shouldn't be much difference in his playstyle whether he's Town or not, so giving so many examples seems pointless otherwise.

What's with the sudden change of tune on me? One moment you find me consistent the next I'm the opposite?

What gives?

Day 1.4 - Votals
20170309_180251_660222aa_wh800.jpg

Greencapps (3) - Bartozio, Rapier, DefaultBeep
Arcanite (1) - Sunwoo
Bartozio (1) - SB.
Magnificence Incarnate (1) - Mackc2
Michelaar (1) - Rex Glacies
Rapier (1) - Arcanite
Rex Glacies (1) - Michelaar
SB. (1) - Greencapps
Sunwoo (1) - Shinori

Not Voting (2): Anime27arts, Magnificence Incarnate

You have 46 hours left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. For Day 1 only, the player with the most votes will be lynched (no hammer required).

1 hour ago, Magnificence Incarnate said:

I'll post in a bit, I forgot about the game tbh.

It's been a hour hurry up or be sus

3 minutes ago, Prims said:

Greencapps (3) - Bartozio, Rapier, DefaultBeep

RIP

Me.

2 hours ago, Greencapps said:

@Rex Glacies You say you'll change your vote after everyone shows up. But what if Magnificance never shows up? Then it'd be a wasted vote  and you wouldn't be contributing to the town. I get we still have a ton of time left and you want to be sure but it wouldn't hurt to put forth at least your suspicious up to this point instead of being quiet.

If Magnificence never showed up, he would be prodded for inactivity, and then kicked out of the game. Then, I would have to articulate my thoughts regarding the remaining 12 people.

As for why I'm quiet, and this answers @Mackc2's statement as well, something unexpected popped up *cough* completely expected I just *cough* procrastinated *cough* and am unavailable to spend much time on here. Provided I am still alive after Wednesday (which I believe is day two) I should be more active.

Magnificence has shown up now, though he didn't provide any new information. More importantly, I am seeing something quite suspicious - Arcanite. Its one thing for it to be a joke, but its another thing to actually be suspicious of Rapier and yet have no evidence. I'm sorry I have to do this, but...

##Unvote

52 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

I don't find @Arcanite actions particularly scummy, because it is literally what I did in my first game, trying to work on a little gambit of its own. and keeping information from town while doing it because it might ruin it.

How does keeping scum information away from the town benefit the town? May you please elaborate on this?

The period after "own" should be a comma; or the "and" should be capitalized.

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

How does keeping scum information away from the town benefit the town? May you please elaborate on this?

The period after "own" should be a comma; or the "and" should be capitalized.

Dammit call me out on my punctuation again and I might decide to vote you.
I am saying I understand their actions because I performed similar actions in my first game, they are scummy actions and Arcanite should reveal their thinking however I don't think she it is scummy for making those actions more it say newb town to me.

4 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

If Magnificence never showed up, he would be prodded for inactivity, and then kicked out of the game. Then, I would have to articulate my thoughts regarding the remaining 12 people.

Totally forgot kicking was a thing.

My mistake.

Still the fact that you waited this long to speak but criticized Arc for doing something similar is hypocritical. Not necessarily scummy but certainly hypocritical.