October Legendary Banner Expectations

Johann

NEXT MONTH'S THREAD:

Please use the most recent thread if you intend to make posts about future banners. Feel free to use this thread for analysis of trends, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any luck with September's banner? I quit early myself, after deciding that future months would probably be better for me (until I change my mind randomly anyway). Let's take a look at what's coming:

CONFIRMABLE: The following Legendary heroes named are confirmed to return based on the notifications:

• New Legendary Red Hero (Water) - See below for speculation and analysis on this hero.
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Legendary Robin

SEASONALS: 3 seasonal rule holds up yet again, seemingly here to stay. Spring heroes are done for now, as we move into the summer banners, which interestingly, had quite a few colorless heroes, suggesting that it's the new color we have too much of.

• Bridal Sanaki - Extremely high odds, rounding out the Bridal banner.
  • Bridal Ninian - High odds, to also round out the Bridal banner, but they might surprise us given that they don't like to put multiple dancers on the banner. If that's the case and they give us Flying Olivia, we may see another Summer unit instead.
  • Summer Noire - Very high odds, the first colorless seasonal in order. Linde and Takumi follow her on the next banner, so it makes sense that they'd want to get her out of the way.
  • Summer Tana - Low odds, but she stands a better chance if they don't put Bridal Ninian on the banner.
  • Summer Cordelia - Low odds, another possibility if Bridal Ninian doesn't appear.
  • Summer Innes - Extremely low odds, they probably wouldn't put two green seasonals together and Sanaki is extremely likely.
  • Sketchy Summer Heroes - Should start appearing on the following banner (November).
  • Hoshidan Summer Heroes - Likely too soon, though I suspect they may begin adding one per banner after Bridal Ninian appears.

REGULAR 5★ HEROES: This has been getting easier to predict, especially since they've been including a CYL1 hero, a dancer, and other new or repeat heroes. Yet, as certain colors begin to "dry up", if you will, it gets a little challenging to predict. In this case, red is October's wild card.

• Brave Roy - Extremely good odds. The only CYL1 hero not to make a reappearance on Legendary banners thus far (while the others have appeared 3 times each). I suspect they'd want to have him return before they start putting CYL2 heroes on the banners (which I'm not expecting til like November).
  • Olivia (flying) - Lowish odds, if only because Bridal Ninian will likely and I think they're not going to put 2 dancers on the banner. She is the next 5★ exclusive red in line, however.
  • Other Returning Reds - Ike (Young Mercenary), Celica (Caring Princess), Ryoma (Peerless Samurai), Seigbert, Sanaki, and Zelgius are prime examples of those who would be coming back after having appeared in the past. I'm having a hard time predicting who among these we'd get if they don't have someone else (like Olivia) in mind.
  • Fallen Robin (M) - Very good odds. Long overdue. On top of this, with Legendary Lyn confirmed and Bridal Sanaki very likely, he'd be the only green armor, making there no issue with green being "too good" for armors and their skills
  • Olwen (green tome) - Low odds, main competition being Fallen Robin appearing before her.
  • Flying Nino - Very low odds, due to Grima and Olwen being first in line, and Bridal Sanaki having the same weapon/movement type. They have surprised us with units being out of order before, though. I'd still expect her a little further down the line.
  • Sumia - Extremely good odds. She is the newest 5★ exclusive blue since Ishtar.
  • Shiro - Very low odds. He was skipped over for Micaiah to make a reappearance this past month, suggesting that they don't intend to bring him back anytime soon.
  • Hardin - Very low odds. Next after Micaiah for making reappearances if they continue on without going back for Shiro or Lute.
  • Ninian - Very low odds. Only blue from a Hero Fest banner who hasn't made an appearance, but less likely given there's competition between her Bridal version and flying Olivia.
  • Takumi - Extremely good odds, he's the last colorless to make a reappearance before starting that cycle over again.
  • Brave Veronica - Low odds. She'd be next in line after Maribelle, but I think it's too soon for CYL2 to appear.

MY PREDICTED LIST: This is my own guess based on everything above.

• New Legendary Hero (Water) - Hrid?
  • Brave Roy
  • Celica (tome)
  • Legendary Lyn
  • Fallen Robin (M)
  • Bridal Sanaki
  • Legendary Ephraim
  • Bridal Ninian
  • Sumia
  • Legendary Robin
  • Takumi
  • Summer Noire

WHO'S THAT POKEMON NEW HERO? Red/Water. I hate guessing red since it seems like such a wide list of possibilities and you can never really guess what they'll pull out of their asses. I speculate that this hero will be male, since we've been going Female > Male > Female since the 3rd wave. Here's just a few possibilities:

• Corrin (male) - Equipped with a form of Yato, it's safe to assume that either Corrin will eventually appear in some variation, and almost certainly as a water hero. Probably the highest profile combo of Red + Water.
  • Hrid - Another sword user. With Book II recently finished, it does make sense that they'd want to put Hrid in as a last hurrah. Yet, given the Muspell banner, it's certainly possible that he'll just appear on a regular ol' banner someday. Still, it'd be interesting if they made him have excellent synergy on a team with Fjorm.
  • Alm with a Red Bow - Ok, fine, I'll humor you people. Sure, it's possible, especially after Lucina's appearance. I'm inclined to say that we'll likely see a non-sword user since we have 3 so far, and having 2 swords for Red/Water is a little excessive. That Alm, a main character from a game with no Legendary representation and who personally has no alt while Celica has two, will appear at some point only makes sense. Giving him an alternate weapon like with Lucina also adds up given that both are Falchion users and would probably need to differentiate themselves from Marth. No special connection to water as far as I know, but that hardly seems to matter half the time.
  • Other Heroes - We have plenty of options for tome users and dragons, though mostly consisting of secondary characters and villains. I would have guessed Tiki before, but, well, ya know.

FUTURE ANALYSIS: Based on the banner notes, we can tell what colors to expect. Previously, we had learned about the upcoming elements thanks to dataminers on Reddit, but with a recent update, we've seen the listing change. This complicates our predictions quite a bit, since we can't even be certain if those seasons will stay as they are. We will know for sure as we reach closer to December, though we can be more confident about October and November's seasons, since those didn't change.

• October: Ephraim, Lyn, Robin, New Red Hero (Water)
  • November: Ryoma, Lucina, Gunnthra, New Colorless Hero (Water again)
  • December: Marth, Fjorm, Hector, New Colorless Hero (Wind?)
  • January: Ike, Tiki, either a green or colorless hero (Wind?)
  • I suspect that by the time we reach the Hoshidan Summer heroes in the line-up, they will do what they did with the Performing Arts banner; add one at a time. I know we had both Inigo and Shigure, but I think that was a specific instance of them wanting to get through the greens faster.
  • I don't expect to see CYL2 heroes on these banners until November, but that's just a wild guess based on it being an entire year after the first Legendary banner.
  • Based on the above, I expect next month's colorless to include both Summer Takumi and Summer Linde, so they can save Veronica (the next colorless in line) for November, Again, this is just my own speculation with nothing concrete to back it up.

Previous threads:

Edited by Johann

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they go with this lineup and the legendary hero is Alm, cool; I don't have to worry about pulling red. Alm's great and all, but I'm cool with waiting to get him. If it's Hrid…that would mean there's 1 person in each color I'd focus pull for. XD; Ahhh dear... Hrid, MGrima, LEphraim and LRobin. Would probably go for FGrima while I can (if I don't get her this time), since she'll be taking a break for a while after this.

I'm still guessing Hrid will never be a legendary hero, but I will say that it's this month or bust for him. If he stands a chance, this is his greatest.

My guess as to who it is has always been wrong, but I've got some confidence this time to say: Alm with a red bow. It seems like a good time to get our red bow and with so many Falchion wielders it's not very important for him to wield that as a legendary hero.

I really hope it's Hrid. There's really no point in not making him playable -- enough people want him to be playable, the Muspell generals ended up being playable after book 2 had ended, and heck ... Gunnthra is playable. Gunnthra dies halfway throughout book 2. Even if you can technically argue that she did something, Hrid also did something too (even if it was offscreen). If they made Gunnthra playable, there's no point in leaving Hrid out, since unlike Ylgr we know he actually uses a weapon and fights.

Can't think of anyone else who'd fit red water aside from Corrin, but ... I really don't want them. Not to mention that if they give male Corrin the Yato blade again ... ugh. Male Corrin and female Corrin, if they get alts, should be wielding a weapon that their normal version is not. But I don't think either should be legendary heroes.

Eirika could fit with the red water theme, but I have a theory that she's not going to be part of the (first 16) legendary heroes. Alm with a red bow might work, but does he really fit water? More so than Hrid and Corrins?

Edited by Sunwoo

My guess for this month's legendary is it will be someone wielding a red bow whether it's Alm, Celica or Anna. My other guess is Corrin but I'm hoping that instead of giving them another Yato they wield a red tome in their Nohrian Noble class. It would be disappointing to see a fourth sword hero in a row from red and really hope to see either a red bow or tome. For the ultimate level of salt watch it be Xander.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

For the ultimate level of salt watch it be Xander.

I thought ultimate salt would be another Lyn.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I thought ultimate salt would be another Lyn.

Nah, people on the internet would definitely rage over a fifth Xander more than a sixth Lyn. His Legendary Hero trailer on youtube would receive more dislikes than both Lyn's and Lucina's trailer combined.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

Nah, people on the internet would definitely rage over a fifth Xander more than a sixth Lyn. His Legendary Hero trailer on youtube would receive more dislikes than both Lyn's and Lucina's trailer combined.

You sure? You'd think Lyn getting 2 legendary slots would cause both salt and humor, given how infrequently legendary slots are granted.

2 hours ago, Mercakete said:

You sure? You'd think Lyn getting 2 legendary slots would cause both salt and humor, given how infrequently legendary slots are granted.

Oh, if we are talking about legendary alts then I'm sure anyone getting two or more legendary alts before they go through their list of Lords/other iconic characters would cause a saltfest regardless of who it is.

As I mentioned in the other thread, we're getting two months of straight wind seasons, but there's only one wind slot left in the grid. That either means we're going to start overlapping grid squares before finishing the grid or, what I believe is more likely, we're going to go a month without a new Legendary Hero.

It turns out that the second month of the pair (February) corresponds with the end-of-January Legendary Heroes banner, which, in turn, corresponds to the game's second anniversary on February 2nd (triple twos!). I really wouldn't be surprised if for the end-of-January banner, they did a banner of 12 of the 14 Legendary Heroes, maybe something like:

• Red: Ryoma, Marth, October's red Hero
  • Blue: Ephraim, Lucina, Tiki
  • Green: Gunnthra, Hector, Lyn
  • Colorless: Robin, November's colorless Hero, December's colorless Hero

skipping the two freebies, Fjorm and Ike.

As for next month (red water), my bets are on Nohr Noble female Corrin and my next bets are on Xander. I wouldn't be surprised if November's Legendary Hero (colorless water) is Corrin as another colorless dragon.

It's 100% the Red Bow. All Bow Legendaries have been separated by 2 months of other legendary units. Lyn as the first Green Bow unit, then we had two other legendaries, and then had Lucina be the first Blue Bow unit. Now that Legendary Marth and Tiki are out of the way, that just leaves the Red Bow unit.

My hopes? Alm.  

I am with the people who believe October's Hero will be Hríd, although having 4 sword units is really bad. Maybe he can be a Cavalry Sword hero.

We can have Corrin with Omega Yato, Alm with a red bow,.. I believe we will have a Staff user in Novermber, and somehow this makes me believe October's Hero wll not be a magic user (Tome or Dragonstone).

And we can't predict the hero based on the current banner, because the only banners confirmed for October until now is the Special Heroes and the continuation of Múspell banner. I know the Hero is not guaranteed to be related to the banner, because of Tiki and Lyn, but most of them are.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am with the people who believe October's Hero will be Hríd, although having 4 sword units is really bad. Maybe he can be a Cavalry Sword hero.

I'm still hoping for sword-wielding pegasus-riding Hrid.

As for November, staff Ylgr would be nice, and finish up the Nifl siblings with a full range of the colors. (Hrid being red, Ylgr being colorless, Fjorm being blue and Gunnthra being green.) Plus, seeing as the other two are already legendaries, it only makes sense that the other two also be legendaries. (I'm totally having Helbindi support Ylgr if we get Ylgr and I can pull her, and if I can pull Helbindi at some point.)

Edit: Ah! And if Ylgr somehow manages to become an armor unit, too, each of the Nifl siblings would cover all the movement types, too! Also, armored staff-user would be new and interesting, and might be fun. (Though it's probably more likely that Ylgr would be the peg knight and Hrid would be the armor, unfortunately...)

Edited by Mercakete

2 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

I'm still hoping for sword-wielding pegasus-riding Hrid.

As for November, staff Ylgr would be nice, and finish up the Nifl siblings with a full range of the colors. (Hrid being red, Ylgr being colorless, Fjorm being blue and Gunnthra being green.) Plus, seeing as the other two are already legendaries, it only makes sense that the other two also be legendaries. (I'm totally having Helbindi support Ylgr if we get Ylgr and I can pull her, and if I can pull Helbindi at some point.)

I would love a Flying Staff User Ylgr. Having a flying healer would be great!

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I would love a Flying Staff User Ylgr. Having a flying healer would be great!

I'm sure those will be on the way at some point, since they do exist in FE already. But peg older brother and armored little sister? That would be a refreshing first! 'Course, I'll only be slightly disappointed and not at all surprised if they default to peg girls and armor guys. Would make Ylgr less unique, too, but at least she'd be summonable.

12 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

That should be an Elincia Alt, though.

I was going to say that.

For real, Colorless Wind Elincia as the first staff flier of the game is the dream.

(Also i don't want the Nifl siblings as legendaries. Gunnthra was already more than enough. None of them did anything to be Legendary, Fjorm only gets a pass from me because she was promotional material)

Edited by RexBolt

Whatever the new Legendary is, Red will be a pass for me unless there's another unit I don't own. Green seems to be for sure three units I don't own so that gives me something to look forward to. Future LBs should be good for me since I own zero seasonal units past Spring Sharena. 

Wow, a legendary-only banner at the end of January would be awesome and worth to save up for. 

If 12 of 14 units would be featured, which colors would have four legendaries by then (and have a one skip for that banner)? Colorless certainly not. Blue already got 4. 

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, a legendary-only banner at the end of January would be awesome and worth to save up for. 

If 12 of 14 units would be featured, which colors would have four legendaries by then (and have a one skip for that banner)? Colorless certainly not. Blue already got 4. 

Reds and Blues would have 4 and the rest 3. So like Ice Dragon said, the free units Fjorm and Ike probably wouldn't be part of the hypothetical 12.

I predict we'll get our first Red Archer for the next Legendary Hero banner since its the only colored bow we're yet to have a unit for, and I don't think it'll be Alm to claim that title. Rather, I think it'll be Roy.

Why I think Roy could be the next Red Legendary Hero, and why I think he'll be the first Red Archer:

• He is the only character from CYL1 that doesn't have a Legendary Alt yet.
  • Lyn and Lucina were two CYL1 characters whose Legendary Hero alts were the first Green and Blue Archers respective to their color scheme, and I feel like IS will fill both the void of Red Archer and the last CYL1 character with Legendary Roy.

Roy may not seem like the kind of person that wields a bow, but he does already have an alt in Heroes where he uses a bow (his Valentine alt). Moreover, his close friend Wolt is an Archer too, so I can imagine Legendary Roy mentioning how he learned Archery from him. In his hypothetical reveal trailer, his quote would sound something like, "My best friend Wolt is a really good Archer, and he taught me how to use the bow. Never have I thought I'd be testing my archery skills in a time like this!"

If not Roy, then Hrid is my other prediction. By the Water Blessing season alone that next month's LH will bring, he'd be a good choice for that, and his art does show him depicting a sword. However, I'm prepared for the worst if Hrid doesn't show up (I originally thought he'd show up in the LH banner where Legendary Marth appeared, as it would've been a great time to bring Hrid there seeing how his sisters Gunnthra and Fjorm made a return for that banner).