Choose Your Legends 3

Alistair

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe last time they thought it was too dragged out? Maybe they saw the free Vike election had too low a voter turnout, and by cutting CYL3 short the next freebie already-existing hero election will have more votes? Didn't the Vike election follow soon after CYL?

It'll be interesting to see how the Beast units not on the recent banner will rank. IS if it truly has a banner prepped for them, they should prematurely announce it, so as to have results excluding the desire for them to be added. That way, IS will have a better understanding of who is truly desired to be added/given Seasonals next.

CYL2 was also 7 days. A Hero Rises, the one with the free Ike, was shortly afterward. (Hopefully we'll soon get another A Hero Rises with a free legendary Azura.)

And yeah, I'm surprised they didn't say anything about the other beasts. I expected that at least Selkie would be either added before CYL2 or announced for an upcoming banner, so either way people would know that she had a spot secured despite being passed over, like how Micaiah got her banner before CYL2. They'll risk skewed results this way.

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

The fact that we cannot vote for Binding Blade Hector makes me theorize the march Binding Blade banner:

Alternate Roy or Lilina
Binding Blade Karel
Binding Blade Hector

Rutger as GHB/TT

You cant vote for units that have a CYL version allready. See Ike see Lyn etc

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

The fact that we cannot vote for Binding Blade Hector makes me theorize the march Binding Blade banner:

Alternate Roy or Lilina
Binding Blade Karel
Binding Blade Hector

Rutger as GHB/TT

The reason why you cannot vote for Hector is because he was already a winner in CYL 2. All versions of him are excluded. Masked Marth and both versions of Ike were excluded from CYL 2 due to Lucina and Ike being winners in CYL 1.

1 hour ago, Midnox said:

Most Ephraim fans are likely to jump on Eirika bandwagon indeed. She got 2 alts, but they are so far apart they probably won’t affect her votes

*Three alts

Winter Eirika was just added a month ago, while her legendary version was at the end of October. So, she’s another one who doesn’t really need any extra love at this point.

5 hours ago, Azure the Scale Tipper said:

How long it takes for Eclipse to say anything else other than anything on topic.

I like swords. :P:

5 hours ago, TheWildestCat said:

If the add Awakening Anna. I want her to be in a chapter or paralogue and the two Anna's argue for half the dialogue on who's better. I guess they could do that for Fates Anna too.

No, that's not enough. Full.  Anna.  Banner.  NOW!

4 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ya'll sleeping on Brom, I'm so disappointed. :P:

B-but he makes for such a good pillow! :P:

---

To those worried about "wasting" votes:

REMEMBER BREXIT

and make sure history doesn't repeat itself.

already threw a vote micaiah's way, will probably just give her the next 4 and throw 2 at zelgius

I really think zelgius has a shot due to his place in heroes' meta, as well as micaiah being the first dual effective unit and her summer alt being a surtr killer.

I really want zelgius dressed as sephrain as an armored staff unit

and sword micaiah dressed as altina with dual ragnell and alondite world be just great.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

*Three alts

Winter Eirika was just added a month ago, while her legendary version was at the end of October. So, she’s another one who doesn’t really need any extra love at this point.

Fuck, completely forgot about Legendary Eirika 

11 hours ago, Thane said:

Unless Smash Ultimate makes Chrom skyrocket in CYL, I can see Marth and Alm winning for the guys. For the women it's a lot more up in the air, though I think there are few that can actually challenge Camilla this time around, unless I underestimate the alt fatigue. 

I wonder what the top 20 will look like in general; there were some major changes between year one and two. I'll vote a bit for F!Morgan but I think she'll drop out of the top 20, seeing as she was released early last year and she wasn't exactly the strongest unit.

Yeah. This year I can't really predict who's likely to win. Although I'm confident in Marth, Alm and Chrom have some competition going for them. The ladies is even harder to predict.

1 minute ago, Dandy Druid said:

Yeah. This year I can't really predict who's likely to win. Although I'm confident in Marth, Alm and Chrom have some competition going for them. The ladies is even harder to predict.

Well, Adult Tiki, Sanaki, and Cynthia will get some votes from me at least. For the guys it'll be Skrimir, Lyon, and Soren. Like I said before though, I'm tempted to give Micaiah some support because I believe she deserves to be higher up than other, more likely top candidates.

33 minutes ago, eclipse said:

To those worried about "wasting" votes:

REMEMBER BREXIT

and make sure history doesn't repeat itself.

Clever choice I must say, avoids stepping into US politics, while still being quite relevant. 

...Although I will say this says "vote for Reyson" to me, since his ending explicitly states he was suited for politics (now if only he were IRL). And we already have him.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

CYL2 was also 7 days. A Hero Rises, the one with the free Ike, was shortly afterward. (Hopefully we'll soon get another A Hero Rises with a free legendary Azura.)

I'd hope they give us one choice for each color at the end, like CYL. And that one of the four is somebody I'd use as opposed to squeezing with the press. Who would be likely for each color if they reformed it to this? I doubt it'll happen, but as a hypothetical I'm curious.

33 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

and sword micaiah dressed as altina with dual ragnell and alondite world be just great.

I think Sanaki would look better as Altina, the one picture with her shows what appears to be Sanaki-esque purple hair. 

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

Well, Adult Tiki, Sanaki, and Cynthia will get some votes from me at least. For the guys it'll be Skrimir, Lyon, and Soren. Like I said before though, I'm tempted to give Micaiah some support because I believe she deserves to be higher up than other, more likely top candidates.

This is making me wonder if I should change my voting plans. I was planning on voting for only refreshers (Phina got my first vote), but I'm wondering if I should support people that have a likely chance of getting 1st or 2nd or stick to my refresher only plans (Females: Phina, Lara, Larum, Tethys~Males: Elphin, Nils, Rafiel)

For the Females my first vote is Deirdre and my second is Delthea. Delthea is one of my favorite units. For male units I chose Alm as my first and Robin as my second.

Also can we have Patty and her brother(who's name is escaping me) as heroes soon. 

Edited by TheWildestCat

2 hours ago, Midnox said:

Despite being far from my choice, I’d consider rather lovely to have a Brave Julia. I mean, GotHW has probably the most interesting lore of the franchise in my opinion

Sadly I doubt that a brave Julia would never happen no matter how many CYL's they'll do. Julia didn't even manage to get in the top 100 in the second CYL so I don't think that she'll ever get a brave.

I just hope that she gets enough votes that IS would consider doing a Loptyr version of her. 

I vote who I want.

Hoping Tormod will do better if his votes aren't split and that Rath breaks top 100. Would be cool if Reinhardt places top two, but I won't be upset if he doesn't.

19 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

For the Females my first vote is Deirdre and my second is Delthea. Delthea is one of my favorite units. For male units I chose Alm as my first and Robin as my second.

Also can we have Patty and her brother(who's name is escaping me) as heroes soon. 

You're a Patty supporter, I love you already

43 minutes ago, Gregster101 said:

You're a Patty supporter, I love you already

Thanks. Also we need more genealogy units. please vote for the ones who aren't in the game yet. if they get enough then they might get their own banner at least. also without Patty, No Balmug.

Edited by TheWildestCat

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd hope they give us one choice for each color at the end, like CYL. And that one of the four is somebody I'd use as opposed to squeezing with the press. Who would be likely for each color if they reformed it to this? I doubt it'll happen, but as a hypothetical I'm curious.

I'd say legendary Azura for blue, Surtr for green, the new mythic for colorless, and either Tibarn or Hrid for red.

It might be too much to hope for, but I think it's plausible enough, and it'd give them good PR at a time when they really need it. Avoids frustration from people who might not be interested in the top unit, while staying contained enough not to break the gacha system completely. And it does have precedence with CYL.

@Interdimensional Observer In addition to Othin's, I'd toss Nailah into the blue category, though less likely. She's a beast unit, is recent, has great skill fodder, both Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt, and is a very solid unit, either being or making someone else a pretty strong counter to Brave Veronica and Brave Lyn (especially Firesweep) who still seem to cause a bit of consternation in the community at large as far as PvP enemies go.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Would love to pull Nailah. I used four stamina potions to try and get 60 blue hearts for her S-rank and then Julia pity breaks me. I don't hate her but I am on my third account on my tablet. yes I deleted the game, and my first on my phone and when I go for Deirdre. I.GET. JULIA. :(: :( 

36 minutes ago, TheWildestCat said:

Thanks. Also we need more genealogy units. please vote for the ones who aren't in the game yet. if they get enough then they might get their own banner at least. also without Patty, No Balmug.

I know Shannan was pretty popular in the CYL2 poll, and I have faith that if he gets added Patty will be added alongside him

First vote went to Finn and then I'll probably go Julia -> Sigurd -> Reyson. Maybe Ced or Pelleas will take a slot in hopes they get in. After the midpoint I'll probably dump my votes to whoever I like the most who's doing well, who I'm predicting to be Alm.

I'm a bit curious how things will pan out this time. I'm predicting Marth and Alm for men and Camilla and Eirika for women, but besides Marth I'm not to confident who will win. 

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The reason why they won't is because it's implemented as a permanent map reward and not a one-time-pull banner with fixed spawns.

52 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

@Interdimensional Observer In addition to Othin's, I'd toss Nailah into the blue category, though less likely. She's a beast unit, is recent, has great skill fodder, both Distant Counter and Null C-Disrupt, and is a very solid unit, either being or making someone else a pretty strong counter to Brave Veronica and Brave Lyn (especially Firesweep) who still seem to cause a bit of consternation in the community at large as far as PvP enemies go.

Nailah definitely seems like one of the highest-scoring units, but it's hard for me to imagine her beating Azura for the blue spot. I guess it's possible?

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The reason why they won't is because it's implemented as a permanent map reward and not a one-time-pull banner with fixed spawns.

That's how A Hero Rises works. Nothing stopping them from doing a successor event in its place with a different reward method, right?