Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

It's chapter 3 and already I've made a morally and practically wrong choice for no better reason than I think something interesting will happen and I want to see it.

More to follow, no doubt.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

• Replies 176.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

38 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, you were? That's pretty awesome. Keep us informed of that, if you wish and can. I was interested in it as well. If I learned something from Lisa: The Painful and Exit Fate, it's that these kinds of basic gamemaking tools, no matter their reputation, aren't just capable of producing one good game - there's always at least two!

I'm merely the cultural anthropologist that gives feedback on certain character designs and places to make them feel more authentic. The game is set to have a very metropolitan world with a diverse cast of characters, so I was all too eager to help with culturally relevant designs.

As for the gameplay...I have no idea, it's beyond me.

5 minutes ago, GuardianSing said:

I'm merely the cultural anthropologist that gives feedback on certain character designs and places to make them feel more authentic. The game is set to have a very metropolitan world with a diverse cast of characters, so I was all too eager to help with culturally relevant designs.

As for the gameplay...I have no idea, it's beyond me.

Ahh, well, nice. It's always cool to be a small part of projects like these.

Actually, speaking of that. Does anyone remember Those Who Rule? Originally GBAFE hack, turned proper indie? I and I believe Shrimpy tried out the public demo for that one, which was just a tiny map showcasing the engine, really. It was very little, but I thought it had potential, so I joined the discord. I ended up occassionally offering some ideas to the creator. One particularly fruitful discussion saw us talking about how best to add explosives to the game without breaking the setting too much. This led to that, and the creator kindly decided to dedicate a character to me!

And now I'm legally obligated to shill this game whenever it comes out. I mean, it has me in it! I can kill me off!! I can't not give this game a shot when the day comes!

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Ahh, well, nice. It's always cool to be a small part of projects like these.

Actually, speaking of that. Does anyone remember Those Who Rule? Originally GBAFE hack, turned proper indie? I and I believe Shrimpy tried out the public demo for that one, which was just a tiny map showcasing the engine, really. It was very little, but I thought it had potential, so I joined the discord. I ended up occassionally offering some ideas to the creator. One particularly fruitful discussion saw us talking about how best to add explosives to the game without breaking the setting too much. This led to that, and the creator kindly decided to dedicate a character to me!

And now I'm legally obligated to shill this game whenever it comes out. I mean, it has me in it! I can kill me off!! I can't not give this game a shot when the day comes!

Ruben: SPRG Dimension Hopper.

Jeez, you're going to keep doing this huh? Congrats!

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can kill me off!!

Priorities.

@Shrimpolaris I've made it to the door in front of the final boss in Ys IX at last. However, I'm noticing I'm at 99.759% map exploration and 98% of treasures. Any idea what I'm missing? I know one of the treasures has to be an SP max up, because the blue circle isn't complete. Not a single area shows that I missed any treasures. Is it one of those tiny and unexpected little treasure rooms in Balduq?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Demand a necromancer class so you can then see yourself zombified.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

@Shrimpolaris I've made it to the door in front of the final boss in Ys IX at last. However, I'm noticing I'm at 99.759% map exploration and 98% of treasures. Any idea what I'm missing? I know one of the treasures has to be an SP max up, because the blue circle isn't complete. Not a single area shows that I missed any treasures. Is it one of those tiny and unexpected little treasure rooms in Balduq?

show me your area/map list

Edited by Shrimpolaris

I just got two move points on two units. One after the other.

Wat

Also there's two """""""""""""""""""""""""best friends"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" in this game that I think @Interdimensional Observer would quite enjoy. I know we VS fans love our crackpot gay ships, but seriously, this time it's way too much. The sheer energy between Alexander and Hestion is so absurdly blatant I feel like I could cut it with a knife. It's so much that I almost slipped and shared a line, even though I've been forbidden from doing so, just to show how hilariously obvious it is that these two share a bed.

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Ruben: SPRG Dimension Hopper.

Jeez, you're going to keep doing this huh? Congrats!

Bahahaha... Hey, I didn't do much! I just talked.

35 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Priorities.

Did anyone expect anything else?

11 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Demand a necromancer class so you can then see yourself zombified.

Pfffft! Maybe I will.

Would be nice to be part of a project like those again.

But well, doubt it will happen... to last, at least.

Okay, finished the Graybeards quest... and started to do Blades stuff then. Which means time to head to Windhelm. I always do that little detour en route to Kynesgrove. Though first I went back to Morthal to return the horn. Good thing the dungeon never respawns so I don't have to rush to use the shortcut back to the end. Free Dragon Soul at least. But well, the trip to Windhelm will be for next time.

We're having a massive rainstorm over here. (Well, it's a storm for a desert's standards)

This is awesome.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And now I'm legally obligated to shill this game whenever it comes out. I mean, it has me in it! I can kill me off!! I can't not give this game a shot when the day comes

Next LP: "A bad tactician Ironmans himself"

6 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

6d982c9eb094fc08b67f4d6ff6d9b0ec84f87aa4

Ready-made meme material.🎮🤝

Flashbacks to David Cage

30 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

@Interdimensional Observer Since i am heading to bed soon, here's the 100% list, compare it to yours and see what's missing 😉

Reveal hidden contents

Zo8BE38.jpg
96KDO9S.jpg
gCoi67V.jpg
h06dh4t.jpg

Thanks!😃

I never even looked at the Records, so I never noticed that it listed all the areas, including those you haven't visited.😅

Looks like I'm missing Secret Medicine Stash and Waterway Vault. I'll have to hunt them down then! The latter sounds easy to find at least. That I didn't find them, is probably because Ys IX doesn't really emphasize exploring for hidden things very much. I unexpectedly stumbled into the other little rooms in Balduq, they seemed unusual given the rest of the game. My eyes weren't trained by the game to be on the lookout for this stuff.

Final dungeon by the way... was a tad bland looking. And what is the point to putting switches in plain sight right next to the things they activate? Felt needless and it peeved me. Better to do without "puzzles" altogether than make them so insultingly light that I'd rather not have them at all.

16 minutes ago, Benice said:

We're having a massive rainstorm over here. (Well, it's a storm for a desert's standards)

This is awesome.

Since when did Canada have deserts? You visiting somewhere?

Rain must be fortuitous in a desert indeed, although heavy storms sometimes lead to flash floods in certain locations. So I'm told.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Also there's two """""""""""""""""""""""""best friends"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" in this game that I think @Interdimensional Observer would quite enjoy. I know we VS fans love our crackpot gay ships, but seriously, this time it's way too much. The sheer energy between Alexander and Hestion is so absurdly blatant I feel like I could cut it with a knife.

Consider me curious. But I haven't finished Berwick yet and should wait for VS1's updated version to release.

I'll take "friends" closeted. Something as long as it isn't totally offensive and stereotypical is good to me. And any ridiculous efforts to deny the linga-linga love could be funny in itself.

35 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's so much that I almost slipped and shared a line, even though I've been forbidden from doing so, just to show how hilariously obvious it is that these two share a bed.

You're under an NDA? You're moving up in the world Ruben! Means you're working on something someone else deems important.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Looks like I'm missing Secret Medicine Stash and Waterway Vault.

of course it's these two xD

The same two i was missing at the end iirc xD

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That I didn't find them, is probably because Ys IX doesn't really emphasize exploring for hidden things very much

exploration is definetly not Ys 9's strong suit. 

Worked much better in the 'free' Ys 8

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Final dungeon by the way... was a tad bland looking. And what is the point to putting switches in plain sight right next to the things they activate? Felt needless and it peeved me. Better to do without "puzzles" altogether than make them so insultingly light that I'd rather not have them at all.

I have more problems with the booses tbh.

They were some of the weaker ones in the game, and they are just names thrown around that are related to not Jeanne that again you might know better from history or other anime/games rather than Ys9

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I found a statement by the guy making this game saying he played P5 only in 2019. And liked it enough that he went back to 3 and 4 afterwards. It's disarmingly recent😬, and feels like this game could be some poorly-made uncreative rushjob three-minutes-seriously-considered idea NGL.

Ngl, when i read "I quit my job to make this Persona inspired game", i ended up having the same thoughts. Like on one hand, i respect the passion. On the other hand, i wouldn't have recommended quitting your probably stable job (i mean maybe it wasn't and i'm just bullshitting here). Appealing to the Persona crowd might end up backfiring if all he took was the wrong lessons.

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Got Kirbz

Enjoy currently the best game of the year

8 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

This is like the first season in years where i follow anime like this

Yeah same.

Well i mean....not counting Love is War because that's an established show i've been following, this season for me has me watching Spy x Family and Ya Boy Kongming, which is about two more anime that i usually watch these days per season.

Alas, Summer has nothing new i care about (Made in Abyss S2 based but that's a sequel), so after this season i'll be going back to my regularly scheduled pass time of not caring about anime anymore lol.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can kill you off too. Finally, payback for all your bad opinions!

Jokes aside, that's actually really dope, congrats on leaving your mark in a game.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since when did Canada have deserts? You visiting somewhere?

Not a proper desert, but a desert-like environment; were it not for the nearby lake, it'd be a full-on desert. There is a proper desert a couple hours south of here, though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okanagan_Desert

Suszn6a.jpgRZg7NU6.jpghrKE30n.pngHIIpUIX.jpg

Those are down at the desert, whereas up here...

YnfkBXq.jpgaESZ1H3.jpg

vn9YXOh.jpgHcLrddX.jpg

Not too different climate-wise, still kinda desertlike. It usually rains a fair bit in May and June, and it snows a lot in January and late December, but quite dry the rest of the year-Maybe rains once a month?

After doin' a bit of searching on the internet, it says we get 16 inches of precipitation per year... I suppose that's a fair bit. I think.

Another feature from VS2 I didn't know existed that I'm quite enjoying is that people have personal battle themes. You know, like in Radiant Dawn? Except instead of a few important characters, it's like, half of the playable cast. And that's probably off the mark, too. Way too many people have personal themes.

Naturally, Karajan being the best character in the game, he has the best theme so far. I wanted to share it, but the only upload on Youtube had a spoilerific thumbnail. Naturally, there was only one possible solution to the conundrum.

Feast thine ears. Or, if nothing else, I get to use this for myself. This garbage bag rando has no business having as much of a bop as this...

48 minutes ago, Benice said:

Next LP: "A bad tactician Ironmans himself"

Watch, I'll lose myself first.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll take "friends" closeted. Something as long as it isn't totally offensive and stereotypical is good to me. And any ridiculous efforts to deny the linga-linga love could be funny in themselves.

I'll keep you informed of how these two develop, but... Seriously, it's very obvious.

33 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You're under an NDA? You're moving up in the world Ruben! Means you're working on something someone else deems important.

Haha, well, I'm thankful for the opportunity. Wouldn't want to be a dick and spill beans after they let me play the game early and for free, haha. I've made sure to ask all questions I needed regarding the stuff I should feel free to share.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I can kill you off too. Finally, payback for all your bad opinions!

You wouldn't dare.

24 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Jokes aside, that's actually really dope, congrats on leaving your mark in a game.

Thanks! It really wasn't anything special.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

That sprite pose, combined with the smile and the music, makes it sound he's about to bust up the dance floor.

Kinect GIF - Find on GIFER

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

That sprite pose, combined with the smile and the music, makes it sound he's about to bust up the dance floor.

No dark magic could surpass the power of salsa.

2 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Kinect GIF - Find on GIFER

Okay but that's literally perfect though.

unknown.png?width=769&height=432

Emulating Double Dash caused it to lag and i do not want laggy Mario Kart so i'll be skipping to DS for now.

Double Dash will have to wait. And so will Wii. And 7. Need to get copies of the latter two. 

34 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Another feature from VS2 I didn't know existed that I'm quite enjoying is that people have personal battle themes. You know, like in Radiant Dawn? Except instead of a few important characters, it's like, half of the playable cast. And that's probably off the mark, too. Way too many people have personal themes.

Naturally, Karajan being the best character in the game, he has the best theme so far. I wanted to share it, but the only upload on Youtube had a spoilerific thumbnail. Naturally, there was only one possible solution to the conundrum.

Well, holy freaking shit.

Clearly the composer was also a fan.

30 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Need to get copies of the latter two. 

Mario Kart Wii is my childhood.

And also the source of all my teenager angst and rage against the world.

51 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Emulating Double Dash caused it to lag and i do not want laggy Mario Kart so i'll be skipping to DS for now.

Double Dash will have to wait. And so will Wii. And 7. Need to get copies of the latter two. 

One of THE best Mario Kart games imo. 

Played it a ton with aloy of others when I was in school.

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Congrats! Can't wait to use you

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

GOAT