Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

15 minutes ago, Armagon said:

I haven't reviewed Super but i remember Super making me feel really nauseous when i played it.

Never clicked for the brief time I tried it.

6 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Looks like good won over evil this time

?

Just now, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't even know...

8YkMTNs.png

Least someone did it.

• Replies 178.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

?

The Depp vs Heard trial?

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

Least someone did it.

What can I say, sometimes my mind thinks up the most randomĀ things...

At least it wasn't food related.

Also, not gonna lie. I went through the effort of taking the U and flipping it upside down... without noticing I could've used the actual n in Revenge.

Eh, it's fine. Much funnier that way. XD

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

I wonder if I'll be getting more into Pokemon as it gets more and more cultural inspiration. I do love a good bit of social historiography.

As much as I keep bringing/joking up Lechonk and Spanish Chorizo, and its reference to theĀ Black Iberian Pig, there's also one of the other reveals today: Smoliv.

Smoliv

Spain is a major producer of olive oil, after all.

Which means it's likely that any future Mediterranean based regions will include the little guy in their local dexes.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

3 hours ago, Dayni said:

People be insisting Twilit is into tsuderes while Shrimpy be posting Yanderes willy nilly.

I'm just assuming everyone's okay with this?

If they're fine with it, they're fine with it. Not like I have any high groundĀ to stand on.šŸ˜Ž

Ā 

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

and basically everything is a hazard with insane stun

Only for the player though!

I heard MK64's AI cheats, and then I saw a video that showed that, yes, it does. While the AI is on 90% of the visible screen, it has no advantages, yet as it approachesĀ the horizon beyond which it cannot be seen, thingsĀ get rigged. Falling off the sides of the track cuts out the lengthyĀ Lakitu recovery animation,Ā getting hit by something causes barely phases it, and on the Toad's Turnpike circuit, the traffic the player has to dodge simply doesn't exist for the AI for a massive advantage. It also gets max speed exceeding that provided while under the effects of a Star.

11 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Cat ears based

b7e20a8a71391.jpg

Where'd the ear-ly release come from?

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only for the player though!

I heard MK64's AI cheats, and then I saw a video that showed that, yes, it does. While the AI is on 90% of the visible screen, it has no advantages, yet as it approachesĀ the horizon beyond which it cannot be seen, thingsĀ get rigged. Falling off the sides of the track cuts out the lengthyĀ Lakitu recovery animation,Ā getting hit by something causes barely phases it, and on the Toad's Turnpike circuit, the traffic the player has to dodge simply doesn't exist for the AI for a massive advantage. It also gets max speed exceeding that provided while under the effects of a Star.

Oh yes, i experienced this. You could be playing the game perfectly but the moment you fuck up, whoever was in second place just activates the hyperdrive and it becomes pretty much impossible to catch up unless you get really lucky with items.

15 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

Cat ears based

They must be protected.

3 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Where'd the ear-ly release come from?

She ran so fast, she activated the Speed Force and got the game early.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Oh yes, i experienced this. You could be playing the game perfectly but the moment you fuck up, whoever was in second place just activates the hyperdrive and it becomes pretty much impossible to catch up unless you get really lucky with items

Exploit the A.I bugs! It has tons of em!

23 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Smoliv

Oh yeah, the Olivemon.

It does feel like one of those early slime monster mobs to me.

Meanwhile, nobody here is talking about the likely Pikaclone, which I think says something.

33 minutes ago, Armagon said:

She ran so fast, she activated the Speed Force and got the game early.

"That's why I pretended to be you and get you banned from Japan Barry, to get Xenoblade early"

1 hour ago, Acacia Sgt said:

As much as I keep bringing/joking up Lechonk and Spanish Chorizo, and its reference to theĀ Black Iberian Pig, there's also one of the other reveals today: Smoliv.

Smoliv

Which means it's likely that any future Mediterranean based regions will include the little guy in their local dexes.

Funnily enough my first Pokemon was X and Y which is pretty much where the culture inspirations really started to kick in for Pokemon. I've tried the older games but they've never been able to grab me as much.

Now if they did an Andes style game then I'm committed.

Ā 

Ah, always a treat to hear when mowing down the mobs, heh.

4 hours ago, Dayni said:

Meanwhile, nobody here is talking about the likely Pikaclone, which I think says something.

Admittedly, can't find if it's as woven into the regional inspiration as the other two are.

2 hours ago, GuardianSing said:

Funnily enough my first Pokemon was X and Y which is pretty much where the culture inspirations really started to kick in for Pokemon. I've tried the older games but they've never been able to grab me as much.

There is a little bit of cultural inspiration from gen 5 as well, being based on the New York area, with things like Watchog's yellow patterning being designed after safety vests of road workers and crossing guards, Pidove being based on the pigeon ubiquitous to the area, Swanna based on the swans that were introduced to region for a long time (as well as the ugly duckling story), Basculine after the wild bass in the area, the Timbur line being inspired by the construction workers of New York, Scraggy line after hip-hop/punk aesthetics, Trubbish after the tradition of garbage bags curbside piles in New York, Braviary being the bald eagle pokemon, and the Pawniard line perhaps a reference to the practice of chess playing in public parks. There were some that took inspiration from other parts of America as well, like the Elgyem line being based on the aliens made famous in Area 51, Vanillish's line a nod to the invention of the ice cream cone in St. Louis world's fair, Bouffalant the bison pokemon, the Cottonee line after Cotton the staple crop of the USA's south back in the day, Maractus being based on the prickly pear cactus common in the Americas. There is also some based on Central and South America as well, most notably Sigiliyph based on the Nazca lines, Cincinno being the chinchilla pokemon, Galvantual the tarantula pokemon, and Heatmor the anteater pokemon. Admittedly there are a lot of other cultural references from elsewhere, like the box legendarily referencing the yin-yang, the trio being a reference to the three musketeers (with Keldo as their D'Artagnan), and the elemental monkeys as the three wise monkeys etc.

9 hours ago, Newtype06 said:

Also @Saint Rubenio congrats on becoming a wageslave!

Thanks, I guess. It's nowhere near bad enough to be classified as slavery yet.

9 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

I don't even know...

8YkMTNs.png

The chonk was the real mystery of Monkey Island.

I recently played Mario: Superstar Baseball (my brother wanted to) and it actually wasn't too bad. I mean, i know it's a bit basic, but that's fine. We were doing the challenge mode and bugs were plenty, but it was still fun enough.

Xenoblade 3 Dev Blog Vol 4

unknown.png?width=768&height=432

Five Arts per Class. Noah's Swordfighter Class contains (going from top to bottom)

• Ground Beat
  • Sword Strike
  • Thrust Edge
  • Air SlashĀ 
  • Shadow Eye

Btw, Dex and Agility are separate stats, as it should.

In additon, you can equip up to three Master Arts, a.k.a Arts you get from other classes

At least one of these Arts is from Taion's Tactician class.

That third slot says it unlocks at Lv.40 but there's both Lv.22 footage where he has that third slot and Lv.42 footage where he doesn't. So maybe that's Class level instead. To compare, each Class in Xenoblade X had 10 levels but they got progressively more time consuming to reach as you went up the ladder.

Speaking of Arts, we now have direct confirmation that yes indeed, Circle Arts recharge through time while Diamond Arts recharge through hit

In addition, Fusion Arts allow you to use two Arts at the same time, combing the Arts of your class and the Arts of another

So let's break down your total options here:

• Three Arts+three Master Arts+Talent Art=9 Arts
  • Three Fusion Arts
  • Ouroboros has three additional Arts at least exclusive to it.

That's 15Ā Arts available to you, which is more than the previous games allowed. And theyĀ stillĀ haven't shown mid-battle switching.

There's another clip that's basically confirming Art canceling. But we knew that easily so i ain't posting it. I am gonna post Sena's Talent Art tho

FUOkfs-XoAAn2az?format=jpg&name=medium

Inflicts Launch btw.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:
  • Ground Beat
  • Sword Strike
  • Thrust Edge
  • Air SlashĀ 
  • Shadow Eye

Air Slash and Shadow Eye. Why, Monolith? Why do they insist on having arts that operate like Shulks?

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

that's 15Ā Arts available to you, which is more than the previous games allowed. And theyĀ stillĀ haven't shown mid-battle switching.

More options is always good! I like the sound of this so far!

8 minutes ago, Armagon said:

That third slot says it unlocks at Lv.40 but there's both Lv.22 footage where he has that third slot and Lv.42 footage where he doesn't. So maybe that's Class level instead.

Could be when it was unlocked?

11 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Ā 

Ā 

Missed this but what does the Buff/Debuff text tell us? (Third from the bottom on the bottom right hand side.)

Edit: not to mention (reaction) right below that.

Edited by lightcosmo

4 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Air Slash and Shadow Eye. Why, Monolith? Why do they insist on having arts that operate like Shulks?

Long-running franchises developĀ name continuities, plain and simple. Dragon Quest keeps its healing magic consistently called Heal-Midheal-Fullheal,Ā Fire Emblem uses Bronze-Iron-Steel-Killer-Silver-Brave for much of it physical weaponry.

Name continuities aren't anything new to Xenoblade, XCX brought back Back Slash, Slit Edge, Cool Off,Ā Blossom Dance, and Wild Down;Ā while Air Slash was a scrapped Art with remnant VA clips. XC2 even has trace amounts of name continuity with XCX, as I recall some common fire Blades get Thermal Payload as a Special.

As for Shulk-like arts, an offense-oriented character who relies on positioning and not having aggro directed at them is merely a gameplayĀ archetypeĀ Xenoblade has developed. Shulk just so happened to be the first, and Elma andĀ Aegis Blade!Rex have followed in this, so it seems to be the quintessential XenobladeĀ MC combatĀ role.