• Replies 176.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shrimpica

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

So that FE4 mod I played, it wouldnt say it was in a "complete" form. Way too many annoying flaws in the mod for it to be "acceptable".

For example, the stretch where you take Arvis down, my average hit rate was 30%, and theirs, 100. 

This was stupid af to deal with.

Well, first day went well enough. Except I didn't have a first day, because I have no job.

...I'm kidding, of course. I simply couldn't sign the contract becuase they didn't have it ready yet, so me and my two peers spent the entire morning staring at the wall and talking about Metla Gear Rising. Bureaucracy!

Anyway, internet is still bad here, but I performed some wizardry to transfer SGW's save and latest version to my laptop. So I get to play that, at least.

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

itsatrap.jpg

Naaaaah.

2 hours ago, Shrimpolaris said:

seriously tho, good luck!

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

...I'm kidding, of course. I simply couldn't sign the contract becuase they didn't have it ready yet, so me and my two peers spent the entire morning staring at the wall and talking about Metla Gear Rising. Bureaucracy!

Did you call it chickenshit?

It's a small office then?

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Did you call it chickenshit?

Unfortunately, it did not occur to me.

9 minutes ago, Dayni said:

It's a small office then?

Kinda, I guess. There's like, four regulars, plus us three.

11 hours ago, Dayni said:

For further comment, in terms of the hard drive you want inside, SSD tends to be much better for general running that it can be fine to go for 256GB for the internal drive at least, though you're looking at higher price points than I would and may be able to pick up something which has a larger SSD storage, but if you can spare it while getting a more powerful machine I'd consider getting the drive separately if you have to (say, the llaptop as a whole is much better than anything else at that price point but has a HDD in it).

Course, I would make sure to look at the types of storage said machine can use: if it says it has PCIe available, it can have the super small SSDs attached (and if it also uses SATA, you can have multiple drives at once, which could be useful for dual booting, but I'm going to stop there). Make sure you know what said machine has if, say, your current drive bricks.

SSD separately... Curious on how that would work.

7 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Acer Nitro 5. I recall seeing that as frequently mentioned and praised as the "budget" gaming laptop. Check the reviews.

Dell G15 is another good sub-1000 pick. So I'm told.

Alright, time for my favorite part of being an adult, number crunching.

1 hour ago, twilitfalchion said:

I don't have a waifu ya dork

Poor Dolce.

1 minute ago, GuardianSing said:

SSD separately... Curious on how that would work.

I mean, if the laptop you get has a HDD, consider it.

If you are considering changing the drive (for that, or a drive with more capacity) also check for what you can connect into your laptop.

None of this should be an issue if your planned purchase has a drive with sufficient storage as you'd be looking for (thought definitely SSD > HDD))

Well, Fuga's Wild Ride was surprisingly tame during the clear.

Helmut walling off enemies for a few turns somehow, some well timed wind boosts and a big dose of caution made it work. Funny enough, Haitaka near one-shot Fuga while at WTD because of one crit and I got my two captures as well, Suzuran the Priestess and Haru the Faclon Knight.

Corrin also got Certain Blow, which may or may not be useful for the endgame.

Also, what are the cats doing outside, I can hear a bunch of them and I have no idea what's going on.

Did most of the Morthal stuff. Though I'm still halfway through the main quest of the place. Well, will finish it next time.

Well... chapter 23 of Thracia was a bit of a relief valve. Or it would have been... but 21X wasn't exactly rough because the enemy quality was low... and 22 isn't so bad if you abuse warp and rescue to instantly get rid of Saias and his status/staves leadership stars, use thief to steal the boss's beserk and then use a sleep staff on Reinhardt (how often do you get to keep the Camus alive with no trouble?). Just three maps to go... 24 doesn't look so bad if you're not going for a certain gaiden objective... but I am so it might be a pain. Also painful is working out how to make sure Mareeta's in the middle group. I really wish I had more control of starting positions now. Chapter 24X's legend precedes it. So that's the one I'm worried about. If I can make that one work out... I've won. The only deadlord I'm worried about is the one which can be Sara... and that's more the beserk staff than her. Because Nihil exists to nullify her skills.

42 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

Because Nihil exists to nullify her skills.

Seeing this i have a question about it: Does Nihil stop Prayer from activating? It doesn't seem like it, which is annoying as hell.

33 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Seeing this i have a question about it: Does Nihil stop Prayer from activating? It doesn't seem like it, which is annoying as hell.

I'm not actually 100% sure. We'd have to ask someone who has a bit more knowledge on the subject. I kind of assumed it did... because that lot of wyvern riders back in chapter 21 with miracle didn't fair very well when I had Leif hit their leader... and he used the Nihil scroll earlier in the piece. But for all I know I got lucky there.