Serenes Forest's Teehee Thread

MisterIceTeaPeach

40 minutes ago, Benice said:

'Morning!

Were you worried about introducing new characters into the mix in AI2? Did you face any challenges integrating them into the story naturally?

Come to think of it, I've been making games for almost a quarter of a century now, and this may be the first time I've created something that continues the characters' stories from the previous game in almost the same style but weaves new characters into the mix. I've lost my virginity.

But unlike losing my virginity in my youth, I wasn't too worried about this first experience. Rather, I was able to build a story with stability because the characters from the first game were solidified and provided a strong foundation.

Did you always intend for the sequel to have two playable protagonists?

First, "two is one" and "two opposites" are the main themes of the entire game. For example, yin and yang, man and woman, double helix... Love and hate could also be one of them. The fact that the main case in the game is the "Half Body serial killings" is also related to this. This naturally led me to the conclusion that the main characters should be two people. It would have been nice if I could have had two wives at the same time, but alas, such an opportunity will never come.

How did you want the new duo — Ryuki and Tama — to stand out compared to Date and Aiba (or Mizuki/Aiba)?

Ryuki is a rookie investigator with a strong sense of justice. However, he's not the hot-blooded type, but rather reserved and calm. His partner Tama is like a "dommy mommy", consisting of 90% strictness and 10% gentleness, and literally slaps Ryuki's butt to inspire (excite) him.

Did the two time periods in the game give you any flexibility in writing and developing the cast a bit more?

The two scenarios are chronologically connected as serial. In this sense, the two scenarios were not so much flexible as they were rigidly fixed, and I felt as if they were in danger of collapsing no matter where I poked at them. It was as if I was writing the scenarios while being bound in tortoise shell bondage by a dominatrix. I remember that while I was writing, the director, Okada-kun, would hit me with a whip. I still cannot forget the melting pleasure I felt at that time.

Mornin'!🤪

The famed writer of the Zero Escape trilogy is not what I imagined him to be. His language in a formal interview is... astonishing, more befitting of the sillier corners of the Internet meaning, this topic. I have no grounds to chastise him for his candidness, but here I am blushing at it anyhow.

I also remember that you like Elden Ring, and I recall reading that Miyazaki sounded like he enjoyed punishment too.

Oh, and here's the link, to the interview I excerpted above. Newly released today.

• Replies 179.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Codename Shrimp

• Acacia Sgt

• Saint Rubenio

• Armagon

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

Could be when it was unlocked?

We know Lv.40 is when it's unlocked but one of the clips shows Noah having that third slot at Lv.22, which doesn't make sense unless Lv.40 refers to class level or leveling down is back. But leveling down is a weird thing to show anyways so i doubt it's this.

2 hours ago, lightcosmo said:

As for Reaction, maybe something like an Aura? Idk, haha.

I think Reaction may be the description. Google Lens TL says "hate is halved" which i think just means that it reduces aggro like in Xenoblade 1.

56 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

and I recall reading that Miyazaki sounded like he enjoyed punishment too

Spoiler

Miyazaki: That's not the case. I sometimes get this question from foreign media, and I answered with a no. I was "why are you so sadistic?"

Miyazaki: I don't know about the other staff members, but I'm actually a masochist.

Miyazaki: I'm a huge masochist, so when I make games like these… this is how I want to be treated!

Murohashi: Ooh…

Miyazaki: "I want to be killed this way!" That's how I make it!

Isomura: Amazing! That's some really extreme masochism!

Miyazaki: It's just that sometimes other people don't understand it; it's for my pleasure.

Murohashi: Really? You want to be killed deep in the forest, getting punched by a huge mushroom?

Miyazaki: Yes, yes. And the curse area… When I get cursed…

Isomura: You want to die from a barrage of arrows?!

Miyazaki: It's gratifying. I like that, I just wanted to emphasize it!

Murohashi: Incredible!

Miyazaki: I don't know about the other staff members' fantasies, but I'm not making it from a sadistic stance, but from a masochistic one. I want this done to me!

Isomura: Oh… wow!

Miyazaki: I actually like that. I got some strong responses from foreign media. They said "what the hell are you talking about?!"

You remembered right! (Spoiled for size)

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The famed writer of the Zero Escape trilogy is not what I imagined him to be. 

This explains why I enjoyed Somnium Files that much. 

The author also seems to a be a propenent of LBGTQ+ rights, so he is based in many places!

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

I think Reaction may be the description. Google Lens TL says "hate is halved" which i think just means that it reduces aggro like in Xenoblade 1.

Or it could be that! That works as well.

19 minutes ago, Shrimpolaris said:

I will say it once more!

What is it?

I am the insane

Yeah, we knew that already.

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad scientist!

Ohh.

HOUOUIN KYOUMA

HYYYUUU

And this world is in the palm of my hands!

God help us all.

40 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

Hoping for a PS4 release

Can I randomly murder my best friend to recruit the last person in the game that anyone sane would recruit in this one, though?

8 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy's gone insane?!

Yes, we lost him. He suffers from Animeitis. Too many Yanderes. Tragic.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yes, we lost him. He suffers from Animeitis. Too many Yanderes. Tragic.

Remember, kids: Too much waifu will ruin your laifu. That goes for you especially, @twilitfalchion OK, I'll stop

35 minutes ago, lightcosmo said:

Shrimpy's gone insane?!

Always have been

Also real life biggest Yandere

14 minutes ago, ping said:

Remember, kids: Too much waifu will ruin your laifu. That goes for you especially, @twilitfalchion OK, I'll stop

12 minutes ago, twilitfalchion said:

i love the response lol

Edited by Shrimpolaris

16 hours ago, Eltosian Kadath said:

There is a little bit of cultural inspiration from gen 5 as well, being based on the New York area, with things like Watchog's yellow patterning being designed after safety vests of road workers and crossing guards, Pidove being based on the pigeon ubiquitous to the area, Swanna based on the swans that were introduced to region for a long time (as well as the ugly duckling story), Basculine after the wild bass in the area, the Timbur line being inspired by the construction workers of New York, Scraggy line after hip-hop/punk aesthetics, Trubbish after the tradition of garbage bags curbside piles in New York, Braviary being the bald eagle pokemon, and the Pawniard line perhaps a reference to the practice of chess playing in public parks. There were some that took inspiration from other parts of America as well, like the Elgyem line being based on the aliens made famous in Area 51, Vanillish's line a nod to the invention of the ice cream cone in St. Louis world's fair, Bouffalant the bison pokemon, the Cottonee line after Cotton the staple crop of the USA's south back in the day, Maractus being based on the prickly pear cactus common in the Americas. There is also some based on Central and South America as well, most notably Sigiliyph based on the Nazca lines, Cincinno being the chinchilla pokemon, Galvantual the tarantula pokemon, and Heatmor the anteater pokemon. Admittedly there are a lot of other cultural references from elsewhere, like the box legendarily referencing the yin-yang, the trio being a reference to the three musketeers (with Keldo as their D'Artagnan), and the elemental monkeys as the three wise monkeys etc.

There's cultural inspiration in everything, be it on purpose or not . I definitely know about the inspirations before gen 5 (Most of which are from Japanese mythology) but I have to imagine it was gen 5 where the devs sat down and thought "This region and it's Pokemon will be based off of New York" and every gen since then has been more in depth with it's research.

I'm hoping for another Turtle Island inspired region personally. Perhaps it's bias but there's is so much to draw from that I've yet to see in Pokemon. A region based off of the Northwest would be my treat.

Hah! Look at me talking about Pokemon as if I'm an expert. In reality Y is the only game I've truly played and not even all the way through.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

cP5WElY.png

cicrr7p.png

I'd love to get myself a Kimono or a Yukata someday. The soft silk just looks so comfortable.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Can I randomly murder my best friend to recruit the last person in the game that anyone sane would recruit in this one, though?

I don't know, the game hasn't been released yet. By the way, when are you going to play the Origins's expansion?

6 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

I don't know, the game hasn't been released yet.

Well, the option better be there.

6 minutes ago, Newtype06 said:

By the way, when are you going to play the Origins's expansion?

Soon™

The first actual session of our tabletop game was this evening.

Somehow we took 3 and 1/2 hours for two encounters (Well, also kinda a third we didn't try to attack but one of us bothered for a sec) and in the second we nearly lost half the party.

I also learned these were a thing (in spoilers for arachnophobes)

Spoiler

636252776771842998.jpeg

This was the easy encounter.

1 hour ago, Shrimpolaris said:

TzwK9PV.png

Well that's something that would be terrifying in Junji Ito's hands.