Favorite "Low Tier" Units

Truereaper777

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal favorite would be Roy.

He's got meh stats, meh growths (my Roy at level 20 had 9 strength. What gives, Roy?) and his very late promotion makes him fairly useless later on. However, I love that he plays Wagner like a chump and seems to be pretty cheeky if you look between the lines.

I use Gordin in both DS games and he turned out pretty good. I mostly use him in 12 because I like his new sprite. Gave Bord a try recently in both games and he didn't do that bad. Tried building Caesar into a Sorcerer. Needless to say, he was terrible in 11 and barely better in 12.

Since this is open again I'll use it as a chance to proclaim my love for Astrid as a unit. Sure, in Fe10, availability might be somewhat against her but damn is a mounted bow man a good class and when you can simultaneously equip paragon and blossom then who has need for growths? I had her completely capped as a Lv10 Silver Knight last time I played hard mode. I ended up regretting putting her in Tibarn's army because she was too awesome for the overwhelming amount of exp given. Astird might need a little babying in the start but in my experience she turns into a damn fine unit pretty quickly thanks to that innate paragon.

Most really low tier knights/generals for me, specifically Lorenz, Sheema, Arden, Dalsin, Gilliam, FE9 Tauroneo and Kellam because I love tank classes in games in general, but high mobility and speed being really important in most FEs makes this class less viable than I would like

Oh and Marty gets bonus points for being speed blessed in my latest run of Thracia 776. The man gets 3 speed levels in a row before scrolls even start showing up.

My favourite low tier unit is SOPHIA

sure she's trash, tinks people, and gets OHKOd and also doubled in return, but she gets you a Guiding Ring! And according to Jedi she is even usable in HM so HA take that tier lists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favourite low tier unit is SOPHIA

sure she's trash, tinks people, and gets OHKOd and also doubled in return, but she gets you a Guiding Ring! And according to Jedi she is even usable in HM so HA take that tier lists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[spoiler=Not worth it]

ec3bb0b98448527efa83861c4346e697.png

Three speedwings, a robe, a body ring and loads of babying later, I end up with this! So not worth it!

Shin, only 20/20 stats count so that doesn't mean anything. Pretty sure she would have capped MAG and maybe even SPD with another Speedwing. Throw in like 5 Boots and she could have done all that AT 15 MOVE

#whoa #OP #buyablestatboosters #WORTH

FE4-1: Tiltyu

FE4-2: Johalva

FE5: MARTY PARTY

FE6: Sue

FE7: Nino

FE8: Ewan

FE9: Rolf

FE10: Voke (He doesn't show up long but he makes hell of an impression)

FE13: Gregor is literally the Heavy and is thus flawless

Shin, only 20/20 stats count so that doesn't mean anything. Pretty sure she would have capped MAG and maybe even SPD with another Speedwing. Throw in like 5 Boots and she could have done all that AT 15 MOVE

#whoa #OP #buyablestatboosters #WORTH

Oh man, why didn't I think of that! You're totally right... but how can she wear so many boots, she only has two feet!

She puts two more on her hands and runs on four feet, which still gives her 14 MOV.

The fifth is for her hair, which is long and thick enough to act as an independent lifeform.

MisterIceTeaPeach, on 20 Apr 2014 - 5:16 PM, said:snapback.png

How is Arran a "low tier character"? He is the "Jagen" in FE12. And many people ignore him because of his terrible growths.

I think it's mostly because Sirius exists.

Sry, I did not read the topic describtion.

I thaught "low tier units" are units, who join later in the game with low level and excellent growths (="Est-character").

Edited by MisterIceTeaPeach

How is Arran a "low tier character"? He is the "Jagen" in FE12. And many people ignore him because of his terrible growths.

Even considering Sirius existence, he's pretty great for half a dozen chapters or so, specially on higher difficulties. Definitely Mid tier at least, specially considering FE12 has a many units, many of who are pretty bad.

Est- I don't have a problem with babying units, so I like her and others like her (specifically Amelia and Donnel). Plus, KAWAII UGUUUU MOSHI MOSHI EST DESU~~

Karla- I like her as a character, despite her lack of real use as a unit.

Vaida- Same as Karla, it's mostly her character. I find that I can use her more than Karla, though.

L'Arachel- She's hilarious, plus she's one of two possible Valkyries, and I almost always favor Moulder over Natasha earlygame.

Dozla and Rennac- I guess I just love that whole group's dynamic. Plus Rennac's V.I.P. card.

Bantu- I love the grandfather dynamic he has with Tiki. He got good in the DS games, though. I'm still counting him.

Edited by Rollertoaster

Est- I don't have a problem with babying units, so I like her and others like her (specifically Amelia and Donnel). Plus, KAWAII UGUUUU MOSHI MOSHI EST DESU~~

Karla- I like her as a character, despite her lack of real use as a unit.

Vaida- Same as Karla, it's mostly her character. I find that I can use her more than Karla, though.

L'Arachel- She's hilarious, plus she's one of two possible Valkyries, and I almost always favor Moulder over Natasha earlygame.

Dozla and Rennac- I guess I just love that whole group's dynamic. Plus Rennac's V.I.P. card.

Bantu- I love the grandfather dynamic he has with Tiki. He got good in the DS games, though. I'm still counting him.

We need another Bantu expy. All these repeat loli dragons are getting old.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...

I'm a Sophia's fan,

So she's my favorite unit; yeah, a low tier almost useless (The Ring) unit. I like use her all time.

I also like Maria

- Gonzalez (FE6): Touching story, and nice offensive parameters. It's fun to use him after promotion if one's not playing efficiently. It's a pity that his base speed and accuracy blow, and his promotion item is so highly contested.

- Vaida (FE7) / Haar (FE9): Pretty much the same in terms of net utility, I guess. Their availability sucks, and that prevents them from having a major impact in their games. It's fun to use them when they're around.

- Ena (FE9): She's considered the worst unit in the game, yet she still saves our sorry asses in FE9 0% growths. That's enough to put her on the list.

let me tell you about my crippling armourknight bias for every game that isn't fe13

granted it's never been strong enough for me to actually try using arden, but still, in basically every other game i will make a point of using armours. no exceptions. i think i may have even attempted to use wendy once or twice!