Favorite "Low Tier" Units

Truereaper777

Archanea: Samson, Sheema, Horace, aka ALL THE BEST UNITS

Jugdral: Midir, Claude, Tiltyu, Lester

Elibe: Hawkeye, Louise, Vaida, Legault, Barth, Cecilia, Dayan

Magvel: Natasha, L'Arachel, Syrene, Innes

Tellius: Gatrie because he's incredibly handsome.

Awakening land that has slipped my mind briefly: Henry, Cherche, Vaike

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Archanea: Samson, Sheema, Horace, aka ALL THE BEST UNITS

Jugdral: Midir, Claude, Tiltyu, Lester

Elibe: Hawkeye, Louise, Vaida, Legault, Barth, Cecilia, Dayan

Magvel: Natasha, L'Arachel, Syrene, Innes

Tellius: Gatrie because he's incredibly handsome.

Awakening land that has slipped my mind briefly: Henry, Cherche, Vaike

HOARSE, but Cherche/Vaike/Gatrie aren't actually low tier units :(

Archanea: Maria (she's low tier right?), Astram, ELIIFE <3

Jugdral: Tinny, Tiltyu. Does Skasaher apply?

Elibe: Sofiya, Cecilia, Harken, Karel

Magvel: Natasha <3, :KnollRoll:, L'Arachel (DA MUSIC)

Tellius: Kurthnaga, Pelleas 8D, Renning (best low tier), Stefan, Kyza, Tormod

Ylisse: Haven't taken a look at tier lists here but I guess Maribelle <3333

i thought fe9 gatrie was pretty bad outside of like his 3 earlygame chapters or w/e, i haven't played fe10 but apparenlty he's good

and its not like cherche and vaike are that great, but i suppose they aren't low tier.

My favorite unit that's known for being bad is prolly Amelia. I use Innes and L'Arachel regardless of where they fall on the tier list. I also use Lorenz because he's the progenitor of my favorite archetype and I may as well use him before he offs himself.

Ilyana. Eating everything and still being hungry is not fun, but in a video game it's funny.

And as for the jeigan growth thing, I'm assuming that'd be jeigan growth without jeigan starting stats, or jeigan growth without arriving at a proper jeigan time and not have the base stats. Like, Ilyana's spd and mag growths or something.

My favorite unit that's known for being bad is prolly Amelia. I use Innes and L'Arachel regardless of where they fall on the tier list. I also use Lorenz because he's the progenitor of my favorite archetype and I may as well use him before he offs himself.

Amelia is low-tier? I've heard about Neimi and it's obvious an archer would be, but Amelia?

Well, if so, she's also on the list.

Amelia is low-tier? I've heard about Neimi and it's obvious an archer would be, but Amelia?

Well, if so, she's also on the list.

Amelia is probably the worst FE8 character from an efficiency standpoint. Her bases are terrible for her join time (and in general really).

Amelia

I think she makes for a neat character. She is no Jill but she nevertheless does a good job showing the war from the perspective of the average Grado citizen.

Luca (TRS)

I'd say his biggest issue is that you have to reject Lee and Narron for him. Thanks to a very high speed growth, his offensive actually grows quite nicely and once he learns Charge at lv 15 he turns into a ranged Ulfzerker and can just rain down arrows on enemies until they die. That 80+ kills Handbow is also nice.

Kate (TRS)

First tier bow/sword hybrids are cool.

Rolf (PoR)

He is a pretty good character. Like for example his recruitment shows nicely how meaningful the context of a side character's recruitment can be, coming right after Greil's death and the barely avoided TPK afterwards that showed Rolf just how easily his friends and family could die. No wonder he and Mist joined in the next mission to do whatever they can to avoid that. And it is nice that he is actually used to address the issues of having children on the battlefield rather then just ignoring them as usual.

Edited by BrightBow

Once you get rutger there's really no use for him though, except for chapter 7.

Except for having good bases and being one of the best contenders for the second hero crest.

That and the isles.

I'm talking HM, so Dieck would be solid. OJ/Geese have trouble in HM, Gonzo has accuracy issues, Fir has her own problems, Ward is slow, and Lott is kind of a gamble to use.[ If his stats hold up past earlygame, then bring him. Otherwise, he's served the purpose of being a ch4 halberd user/]

Except for having good bases and being one of the best contenders for the second hero crest.

That and the isles.

I couldn't disagree more. Gonzalez would be a much better character for the second hero crest since you're talking hard mode. Dieck has terrible growths, and his defensive parameters will cause huge problems later on. His speed also becomes a problem as well. Gonzalez has tons of HP and doesn't need to worry about ever being 2RKO by enemies. Plus, using Gonzalez gives you a decent axe user that can use Armads later on. His accuracy isn't that bad, and once he gets enough speed he'll be doubling pretty early after recruitment. Just don't use him against mercs, and give him the killer axe.

One other thing is that Echidna is a viable alternative to a promoted Dieck, and doesn't need to hog any exp. As for the dread isles, Dieck isn't even needed because you have Allen, Lance, and Noah who all can wield swords. His poor movement will keep him behind, and dropping him at the front isn't worth it when you have Rutger.

The only thing going for Dieck is his massive con. I just like him because he looks like Zoro.

Edited by bartre

Amelia

I think she makes for a neat character. She is no Jill but she nevertheless does a good job showing the war from the perspective of the average Daein citizen.

*ahem*

I assume you mean Grado?

Amelia is probably the worst FE8 character from an efficiency standpoint. Her bases are terrible for her join time (and in general really).

What about Ewan? Not arguing that Amelia is good, just asking.

I have a soft spot for all those pink-haired girls with midling stats and usability (Neimi, Wendy, Norne)

Neimi is probably my favourite of those, though it also helps that she gets blessed by the rn most of the time. Last time I used her, she had (without any rn manipulation or statboosters) 13 strength at level 13, with all other stats being average or above oO

FE6- Wolt (He actually capped Str on my first run without any help, was a bit Skl cursed though), Roy, Sophia (Had to statboost the heck out of her just to make her somewhat viable though)

FE7- Rebecca, Eliwood (I honestly don't even get where he is on the tier lists, but whatever), Erk, Nino.

FE8- Neimi, Ewan, Amelia (screw Ross).

FE9- Rolf (I actually don't get people's problems with him though, he always seems to turn out godly for me), Elincia, Ilyana (not sure where she stands).

FE10- Rolf, Edward (same deal as with Eliwood about where he stands though).

FE11- Gordin, Tomas before I bench him in favor of overleveled!Gordin.

FE13- All Einherjar because nostalgia, but Roy, Wolt, and Micaiah stand out.

Dieck gets exp in HM, because he's one of the units that can kill things without babying and with good hit/durability.

deke does kind of blow later on, though, but he should get to L10 before chapter 8 with no problem even if you've been going very quickly. he's really good before then.

the second hero crest comes so late that it's better off being sold for 1.25 boots in chapter 21. don't bother promoting either deke or gonzalez.

His poor movement will keep him behind, and dropping him at the front isn't worth it when you have Rutger.

okay, the same argument applies to gonzalez. and gonzalez is less mobile because he has more con than deke, rendering him unrescuable by paladins when promoted. your reasoning essentially boils down to "gonzalez is bulky and can use axes," but deke is pretty bulky and there is no innate need for an axe user in this game. just use perceval. or, like, garret.

so... she's not low tier?

Elincia's status in the FE9 tiers has always been... shall we say 'iffy'? On the one hand she's a unit who is only around for two chapters and brings only sub-par sword skills and staves which you are probably overloaded on and requires a LOAD of BEXP to make 'useable'. On the other, she is the only flying staff-user in the game. That opens up loads of possibilities for turn-saving with a warp-staff.

A lot of talk went back into Elincia's position and, IIRC, it boiled down to 'she sucks, but she can do, like, one major turn-save which boosts her efficiency JUST enough to get her out of bottom'. Though, even with that, she's still in 'low' tier.