Favorite "Low Tier" Units

Truereaper777

A lot of talk went back into Elincia's position and, IIRC, it boiled down to 'she sucks, but she can do, like, one major turn-save which boosts her efficiency JUST enough to get her out of bottom'. Though, even with that, she's still in 'low' tier.

you're using a lot of quotation marks. so she's not low tier?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She is in the low tier. I did not realize that when I posted. I had forgotten that we had a bottom and a low tier and, while Elincia is not in bottom, she is in low, which makes her qualify.

Also, adding in Marisa (really?), Sanaki, Astrid (FE10), and Fiona to my list of units I like.

Does Awakening have a tier-list?

I couldn't disagree more. Gonzalez would be a much better character for the second hero crest since you're talking hard mode. Dieck has terrible growths, and his defensive parameters will cause huge problems later on. His speed also becomes a problem as well. Gonzalez has tons of HP and doesn't need to worry about ever being 2RKO by enemies. Plus, using Gonzalez gives you a decent axe user that can use Armads later on. His accuracy isn't that bad, and once he gets enough speed he'll be doubling pretty early after recruitment. Just don't use him against mercs, and give him the killer axe.

One other thing is that Echidna is a viable alternative to a promoted Dieck, and doesn't need to hog any exp. As for the dread isles, Dieck isn't even needed because you have Allen, Lance, and Noah who all can wield swords. His poor movement will keep him behind, and dropping him at the front isn't worth it when you have Rutger.

The only thing going for Dieck is his massive con. I just like him because he looks like Zoro.

What. I'm not seeing Gonzales as better than Dieck considering he's locked to the one weapon type that's arguably the worst to be locked to in FE6. Nuh uh, no way Jose, no dice. And Gonzales getting he second Hero Crest over Dieck is, in my book, a flat out losing trade. And even ignoring Dieck, it's still easy to do better than Mr. I Couldn't Hit the Broad Side Of A Barn for a Hero Crest. I'm not saying he's unusable, because he is... that is, if you don't mind gambling on every hit.

Does Awakening have a tier-list?

The tier list it DID have died ages ago.

Back to the topic at hand... Damn, the only ones I can think of atm are Fiona, Astrid, Amelia, and Neimi.

Edited by Levant Caprice

The key to using Gonzales is to grind out an A Lilina/B Echidna support, then have him exclusively use the Swordreaver on weighed-down swordsmen.

Anyway, I was going to say someone, then I realised they're in the bottom of Lower Mid and therefore do not qualify for this thread.

But my real answer is bEst.

The key to using Gonzales is to grind out an A Lilina/B Echidna support, then have him exclusively use the Swordreaver on weighed-down swordsmen.

Anyway, I was going to say someone, then I realised they're in the bottom of Lower Mid and therefore do not qualify for this thread.

But my real answer is bEst.

Weighed down swordsmen exist? (and by that, I don't mean by something like 1-2 AS, I mean a number that's actually significant)

I'm sure there are some blade-wielding myrmidons somewhere.

Ayra joins equipped with a blade, IIRC. She's technically a sword fighter, but still...

Why ZM? Can't we just let that rot in the archives of the forum?

If your looking for awakening tier list I believe this was as far as we ever got.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40676&page=5

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40004

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38539

Edited by Randa

My Skittles, of course~! I even wrote a story about them~! Ahem. . .I'm also a huge fan of Rath, even if he's a pain in the neck to get/train. His horse is amazing in otherwise stupid terrain.

Casear and Radd from fe 11 cause they come at a lowing level but with training they have better growths than ogma and Navarre (but come as a lv 3 merc and a lv 1 myrimdon on a chapter with lv 10+ enemies

Since when are any of those FE8 characters low-tier?

They've always been low tier. The trainees are a pain in the neck to level and don't give any significant advantages over other units, whil Marisa is stuck as an under leveled sword locked unit who joins half way through the game.

Actually Ross isn't low tier since he comes at chapter 2 but the other three are

I have a four year old thread that says otherwise.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20185

I feel like I'm being very unproductive in this thread. Just sort of pointing out old tier lists,

Ross can easily catch up by chapter 7-8 as a level 1 Pirate. Even if he doesn't make it until Ch. 9, he should still be able to catch up.

Most certainly Cherche and Gerome on my side.

Amelia is low-tier? I've heard about Neimi and it's obvious an archer would be, but Amelia?

Well, if so, she's also on the list.

Technically, Amelia isn't in Low tier, since she's bottom of bottom tier, with only a few people who can possibly keep her company. Marisa, Ewan and Knoll are the only other reasonably candidates to join her in there, and I think, depending on who you ask, Knoll is kept out because of utility, while Marisa stays out by being not as terrible.

Fiona. People always underestimate her.

I don't think many people do. Some might do, but it's pretty hard to underestimate someone who is quite as bad as Fiona. She has base stats roughly comparable to Meg, who joins four chapters earlier, six levels lower and is also often considered to be garbage. She BEXPs reasonably well, with good SPD and DEF growths, but then her STR really suffers, and she's already laughably weak. On top of that, the chapters ahead of her are almost designed to screw her over. 1-7 is indoors, penalising movement and is full of ledges giving her two choices: Go right, into a dead end and miss half the chapter, or go up, into the Armours and be unable to do more than chip damage. 1-8 is full of swamps, but at least she can gain EXP... oh, wait, no, she can't be delpoyed. Nevermind. 1-9 is Micaiah only. 1-E is even worse than 1-7, indoors, lots of ledges, her low SKL and Jarod's authority means she struggles to even hit many enemies, and the non-ledge route is full of armours. 3-6 the Swamp limits her from moving out, although it's not really terrible for her. 3-12 she finally is fully capable, except she's probably so underlevelled that there's no point.

Points in her favour are an Earth affinity, slightly above average growths and a 34 point speed cap. Points against her are... well, all of the above. An inability to be an asset to the team without taking more resources to get going than she provides by being trained.

Technically, Amelia isn't in Low tier, since she's bottom of bottom tier, with only a few people who can possibly keep her company. Marisa, Ewan and Knoll are the only other reasonably candidates to join her in there, and I think, depending on who you ask, Knoll is kept out because of utility, while Marisa stays out by being not as terrible.

Let me guess. 'Too much trouble to train'? Increases turn-counts by too much?

Being swordlocked isn't a good start and Marisa has slightly worse bases than Joshua who joined 4-5 chapters earlier. She just doesn't contribute anything to an efficient playthrough almost any circumstances.

Ross is generally considered a low tier unit- he's not as bad as Amelia or Ewan because at least he joins early, but his base stats are pretty bad.

Even if you hit up the Tower of Valni or whatever, her 40% speed growth, 35% strength growth and 30% defense growth ensure that she's still well worse than most of your army. Then you have to consider that her promotion options are a big issue: she'll be a knight (LOL) or a cavalier (which you have 4 of, each being significantly better for less investment).

Unless you meant Marisa, in which case:

Being swordlocked isn't a good start and Marisa has slightly worse bases than Joshua who joined 4-5 chapters earlier. She just doesn't contribute anything to an efficient playthrough almost any circumstances.

Ewan has the same issues as Amelia, except for the fact that he might be your best dark magic user, given that his competition is KNOLL.

:KnollRoll: 0 base luck, no horsie, 35% speed growth, joins at level 10 in Chapter 14/15 :KnollRoll:

EDIT: On topic: Neimi is a favorite, for sure. Don't know if Heath counts, given flying utility, but I use him every playthrough and the random tier list I googled has him in "low-tier". Tiltyu and Azel are favorites of mine as well. More importantly, I think Corple gets too much hate; he's not gonna outpace Lana/Nanna, but he's not so bad, especially if Claude's the father and he gets the Fortify staff.

Edited by Hamicsat