Rate the Unit, Day 45: Maris

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Bantu: 1.61

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Samto: 2.90

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Radd: 3.64

Dice: 3.8 showtopic=32878

Cord: 3.83

Jeorge: 4.10

Warren: 4.35

Ellerean: 4.81 showtopic=32839

Caesar: 4.87

Roger: 5.20

Castor: 5.62

Merric: 6.25

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Navarre: 6.50

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cain: 6.91

Cecil: 7.21

Minerva: 7.50

Ryan: 7.71

Wendell: 7.83

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Etzel: 8.33

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Feena: 9.53

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Edited by PKL

Maris isn't too bad. She's a little slow, but her 60% Spd growth helps. Well as a Myrmidon. Still, her other stats are... Somewhat lacking. 9 Str isn't that bad, but it's still pretty meh. The worst part is her durability - 25 HP / 10 Def with a 70% HP and a 5% Def growth. Her base Def actually isn't bad (6, which is comparable to most units around this point), but its the low HP that drags her down.

I would say... 3/10.

At that point her bases are more or less similar to Navarre's except she joins several chapters later at a slightly higher level. That doesn't really say well for her. The other parts, Colonel covered in

But she's usable and I actually quite like using her at least in H1. Plus she's my favourite character personality-wise. so I'll use that 3/10 and tack on a bias for a 4/10.

MALICE AT THE PALACE, BITCHES!

Ahem, NBA reference aside Malice (not Maris) is useable, she has good base stats particularlly defence as does her growths, except Def which is horrible for a Melee unit, but her res growth is surprisingly high for a melee unit.( 5% Def and 10% res) Cavi reclass can somewhat salvage the Def growth. all in all can be the next best Myr, But the man with many names, Nabral, is better.

7/10 with +1 bias

For me, shes Maris so it stays like that. Considering in my ROM shes called Maris and in the main page of SF too...ive gotten used to Maris.

Edited by PKL