Rate the Unit, Day 37: Bantu

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Samto: 2.90

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Radd: 3.64

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Caesar: 4.87

Castor: 5.62

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Navarre: 6.50

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cain: 6.91

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Wendell: 7.83

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Feena: 9.53

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Oh Bantu. Bantu, Bantu, Ban-Ban, Bantu. He has his uses, I guess. After all, he is a decent hard hitter early on if you have his dragonstone. Although, he will be hurt pretty bad if anything so much as touches him after a while, and his growths carry him nowhere (20s and 10s in half of his stats),. Firestone bonus doesn't really do much.

Ban-Ban is made of solid win despite that 10/10

Bantu, you have little use, but you can do something, I guess.

2.5/10

Edited by Diortem

He has nice offense for the point that he joins but his growths are extremely low . His bases are rather low outside of the strength and defense boost given by the fire stone. He's rather mediocre which is sad because he is such a likable character . 3/10 with a one point bias .

Good for weakening enemies and invaluable in the chapters with the ice dragons. (Chapters 13&14)

As he actually does bonus DMG to them. Bad growths, but makes a great Jeigan. =)

3.5/10

Edited by リンダ

NM

4/10

HM

3.5/10

NM

4/10

HM

3.5/10

NM

4/10

HM

3.5/10

Are you serious. One rating, one difficulty. Not hard to comprehend. ANYWAY, Bantu. This time he doesn't recruit anyone. He's vaguely usable for a few chapters but is very quickly replaced. 2/10.

Edited by Epic Fail

Good for weakening enemies and invaluable in the chapters with the ice dragons. (Chapters 13&14)

As he actually does bonus DMG to them. Bad growths, but makes a great Jeigan. =)

IIRC this isnt FE3... were bantu HAD an effective bonus.

At least he now has more than one weapon (maybe I am wrong) since now he has a wyvern, a magestones along with that firestone!

Also magestone nullifies mage attacks so you use him to tank nasty glowers/ mage only reinforcements/lure group of mages!

4/10... with0.5 bias

Edited by LeaderR Elliot

Bantu! No... C'mon don't do this to me!

Bantu, did you completely fail to read the memo about the gigantic power creep that happens in the FE11 -> FE12 transition!? Your bases and growths remain mostly unchanged. In fact, your base HP went down by 2! Oh, and having 5% more resistance growth is not even worth noting!

I am sorry Bantu...

1.5/10 (1/10 with +0.5 bias because deep down I still want to like you)

Worst unit in the game by far. Incredibly shitty unit. His bases and growths smell.

0/10

Also just ignore Ayanami, it's proven she's clinically retarded.

Edited by Dark Sage

Ayanami, You don't listen do you?

On topic, Bantu is just kinda there. You don't need him to recurit anyone and he hasen't been buffed from Shadow Dragon so bench after you get him.

1/10

Worst unit in the game by far. Incredibly shitty unit. His bases and growths smell.

0/10

This will also be my vote.

Ayanami, You don't listen do you? On topic, Bantu is just kinda there. You don't need him to recurit anyone and he hasen't been buffed from Shadow Dragon so bench after you get him.1/10
I have a better idea than benching him. Just go straight for the seize point and skip his village. I changed my mind with all those votes and looking at data. I will give him a 0.5/10. If wyvernstones were available and they gave him 12 move he would be :awesome: . But as it is? Yeah, hell no. Just do the 3 turn seize and skip his arse.

NM

4/10

HM

3.5/10

Sigh... I give up...Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Anyways, Tallying!

Well..I thought that 2 votes were necessary. As the difficulties differs with every characters worth. Guess the single votes only take into account by the hard modes, or why else two votes wouldn't be necessary otherwise. And to go with a single vote for Banut.

3.5/10

Can't ignore his worth in Chapters 13&14 in the SNES version. In this one..he can be helpful in weakening foes. Disappointing that Manaketes don't get DMG reduction from dragon attacks like the SNES version does.

Edited by リンダ

Well..I thought that 2 votes were necessary. As the difficulties differs with every characters worth. Guess the single votes only take into account by the hard modes, or why else two votes wouldn't be necessary otherwise. And to go with a single vote for Banut.

3.5/10

Can't ignore his worth in Chapters 13&14 in the SNES version. In this one..he can be helpful in weakening foes. Disappointing that Manaketes don't get DMG reduction from dragon attacks like the SNES version does.

Nope. All you need is one vote for the difficulty given in the rules! That is all...

Can't ignore his worth in Chapters 13&14 in the SNES version.

YES, YOU CAN. WE ARE RATING FE12. YOU CAN TOTALLY FUCKING IGNORE HIS WORTH IN FE3.